Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

M: "Miss Fleta, if I was Rosa Parks, I would do a gun."
ME: "Remember, M, we talked about non-violent protests."
M: "I DON'T CARE. She need a gun."

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Today I reached a consensus with one of the kids: Everyone has a butt, even adults.
We also arranged a carnival party today. A norwegian carnival custom is to decorate a paperbag with cats, fill it with goodies and hit it while we shout "hit the cat out of the bag".

Alhazred has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Feb 27, 2019

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Sometimes we visit the mounted police, one time we did it one of the kids kept asking where the police officer's gun was and if he could hold it (cops in Norway are usually unarmed). Another time the police officer asked if anyone wanted to sit on the horse and one of the kids started to shake with joy. I was actually kinda worried that she would explode in a cloud of happiness the moment she was put on the horse.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I assigned a group of boys a new jigsaw puzzle as their center activity today.

Four of them start putting it together. One comes back from the bathroom and sees that it's a picture of like some horses in front of a farm.

"I don't want to do this puzzle :mad: I want to do the pirate one."

He sulked for maybe 5 seconds and then got over it and started helping.

A few minutes in I hear him say in a precious voice "Guys look!!! There's part of a butterfly!" :kiddo:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My son, who is almost 5, has been asking me about Apex (he asks me about the video games I play after he goes to bed). So I've described it as a sports game with colorful characters (left out the part about the bloodsport and guns) where the players have to loot the most treasure and escape the island. And then I describe "the guys", which is his term for any colorful game characters (one of his favorite things to do is just sit at the Killer Instinct screen and pick the characters and narrate 'cool' stories for them, this is "looking at the guys"). So he knows about Wraith, Gibby, Pathfinder, etc. Anyway last night at bedtime he stands up in bed and announces that he knows all the rules to Apex Legends, and proceeds to tell me them:

1) You CANNOT tell your opponent to "get rekt" *
2) NO INSTINCT (this is yelled at the ceiling) and he wouldn't elaborate on this
3) You don't need a ticket to play (!?!?!? technically true)
4) You can't play without the password. NO TRESPASSING (again yelled at the ceiling) When I asked him what the password was, he whispered "Wraith knows"
5) When you lose, the robot gives you diarrhea **

* A kid at preschool told him this 2 months ago and he was really upset. Obviously still steamed about it.
** I told him about the ping system and used the Clickhole example to get him to laugh since little kids love poop stuff. Clearly gave it a remix.

xposting from the Apex thread

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

They're right :colbert:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Crazycryodude posted:

They're right :colbert:

missed an important teaching moment on how to smash the state imo

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I work in a preschool. Today I heard someone getting upset so went over to the sandpit to find out what was going on. Turned out that S (3) had been calling other kids "old fart" and had recruited a couple of the other boys into also calling one girl that.

I took S aside to speak to him about kind words and asked him why he was saying that to the other kids.

"When people drive slowly in front of our car we call them old fart."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That begs the question, did that girl drive slowly in front of him?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"Miss Fleta, when I do bad at football, I say WHAT THE FOX." Then he dabbed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

found this online:

my most recent nephew is a lil cutie who loves to smile but his language is sighing, grunting, and that cheerful arpeggio that babies can do

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

my most recent nephew is a lil cutie who loves to smile but his language is sighing, grunting, and that cheerful arpeggio that babies can do
In other words: Danish.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I was doing face paint for the last day of Carnaval and G3 refused "because I am more guapo without this." He didn't mind when I got him with some Holi paint powders, though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Alhazred posted:

In other words: Danish.

:yeah:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Out of the blue, my 4 year old son stopped playing with his toys, came over to me, said "Daddy, I don't like you because you're old" and then calmly went back to playing.

I'm 37.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

yeah he doesn't like you because you're old, he likes you because you're Dad :smuggo:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"Miss Fleta, are you fat or not fat?"

I...don't know how to answer that, future Internet Male.

Well, I offered to sit on him and let him decide, but he turned it down.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I offered to sit on him and let him decide, but he turned it down.
Doesn't sound like an internet male to me.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That awkward moment when a kid accidentally draws a swastika and asks if you can hang it on the wall...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The recent annoying trend is saying that two people in the class are "novios" and it's starting to make us all crazy.

Y: "Ms. Fleta, A is your novio."
ME: "Too young."
G1: "M is your novio!"
ME: "Still too young."
G3: "Okay, your novio is G4 because he is more old." (he was held back and is a year older.)
G4: *nonsensical moaning sound that comprised the entirety of his communication this morning*
G1: "Ohhh! Okay, G3 is your novio! OOOOOOOH!"
G3: "No. I am very guapo, but is not true."

I made the mistake of saying my novio was the trash can and then I had to "kiss" it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some of the sculptures in the parks we visit are really phallic:

Turns out that this really inspired the kids. And it's cool that they enjoy the art and are able to retain the image of it, but if you don't know the context it looks like they're making dicks out of play-doh

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Alhazred posted:

Some of the sculptures in the parks we visit are really phallic:

Turns out that this really inspired the kids. And it's cool that they enjoy the art and are able to retain the image of it, but if you don't know the context it looks like they're making dicks out of play-doh

What is that first one supposed to be, all I can see is a nude yoga dude with a giant wang.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Elohssa Gib posted:

What is that first one supposed to be, all I can see is a nude yoga dude with a giant wang.

I have no loving idea. The kids enjoy climbing on it though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That particular park just have weird sculptures in general:

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
So where is this weird sex art park I think I need to make a road trip.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Elohssa Gib posted:

So where is this weird sex art park I think I need to make a road trip.

If you're ever in Oslo, Norway just look for the huge buttplug gnome and you're almost there:

If you're ever there also make sure to watch:
Horribly Crucified Skeletons:

Lady Taking A poo poo:
NWS: https://imgur.com/G4qoRJA

Somehow The Freakiest Sculpture In The Park:

(seriously, it took a while for me to get used to this one. When you walk on the trail it looks like another person until you get close.)

The Kids Thought This One Was Really Cool:

Gettin' Head Is loving Great:
(maybe nsw)https://imgur.com/5bbu6Ws

Boobs:

Venus de IKEA:

Alhazred has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Mar 8, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Wow, Norway looks like exactly my jam, based on the art.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Be fair to the kids, it is really cool. Is the hand on the wing stripped down so you can see the fingerbones like the foot is?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alhazred how do you talk about that park and not mention the internet favorite, Stout Naked Dude Exploding From A Swarm Of Babies (He Is Squarely Kicking One)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phy posted:

Alhazred how do you talk about that park and not mention the internet favorite, Stout Naked Dude Exploding From A Swarm Of Babies (He Is Squarely Kicking One)

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh? Cause I knew that one was in Oslo, so I checked and it's the park with the Writhing Obelisk, here's a street view link (potential :nws: for statue dicks)
https://www.google.ca/maps/@59.9264031,10.7030723,3a,75y,78.99h,76.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6qHS1zARkxH_VmbOiOCTWA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

is there another park with weird sex statues then?

Phy has a new favorite as of 00:04 on Mar 8, 2019

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"Miss Fleta, are you fat or not fat?"

I...don't know how to answer that, future Internet Male.

Well, I offered to sit on him and let him decide, but he turned it down.

So many children talk about your appearance that I kind of want to know what you actually look like vs. my mental picture.

My 4yo nephew is adamant that we watch him transform (be all curled up on the floor and then stand up with arms wide) approximately once a minute. He's really into these one step transformers that are honestly pretty cool. We gave him a Grimlock for Christmas and a T-Rex turning into a robot basically broke his brain.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phy posted:

Oh? Cause I knew that one was in Oslo, so I checked and it's the park with the Writhing Obelisk, here's a street view link (potential :nws: for statue dicks)
https://www.google.ca/maps/@59.9264031,10.7030723,3a,75y,78.99h,76.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6qHS1zARkxH_VmbOiOCTWA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

is there another park with weird sex statues then?

Oh, that one. I thought you were talking about the park In Ekeberg (the one with the buttplug gnome) and not Vigelandsparken (the one with the giant obelisk).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Alhazred, that girl said that I have a baby in my stomach:saddowns:"
"Yeah, that's not really something that she can just decide for you, okay?"
".....okay."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Life has gotten kind of strange, Alhazred, don't you think? When we were kids, we just had to worry about trees or melons growing in our stomachs. Now, it's a whole 'nother baby. It's weird how much more disturbing that is.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My students love stuffing the puppets full of smaller stuffed animals so they can "have babies."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My students love stuffing the puppets full of smaller stuffed animals so they can "have babies."

Sometimes my kids stuff their sweaters with balls and then proclaims that they're having a baby.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Sometimes my kids stuff their sweaters with balls and then proclaims that they're having a baby.

Same!!!

But it usually looks like weird boobs.

And it's very hard not to point that out sometimes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Going to art museums with kids can be a mixed experience. One time there was a chair made out of bread on display. On one hand I thought "That's really cool" on the other hand I though "poo poo, a chair made out of bread and I have bunch of kids with me!"

Another time we were visiting the Munch museum. The kids were super-hyped because we had talked about the Scream for about a month. When we arrived we not only discovered that the Scream was not on display but also that the guide's idea of "an exiting experience for kids" was to look at Munch's old paint brushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alhazred posted:

To be fair, ball stuff IS how you usually get babies :dadjoke: