Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Got back into this game after a 4-year hiatus thanks to the PS4 superbundle being $20. It is surprisingly serviceable on console. I did have the game hard crash last night though, which made me chuckle, because I can't recall the last time I had any console game straight lock up. Crashed... right as I cleared a Torment X rift... right as a legendary dropped... and I'll never know what it was.

Only real complaint is there doesn't seem to be a game finder? Just "Quick Match," which when spread between three modes, four styles of play, and like a billion difficulty choices, obviously never finds a hit. The total lack of Battle.net branding on the various menu screens is worrisome... and it never asked me to log in or anything... I guess that's my answer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Playing on console is like playing D2 on open internet instead of Battle.net

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It’s a little frustrating how hard it can be to get jewelry in this game.
I did get a really nice holy point shot with all the right affixes minus one (easy reroll) but it’s not ancient so I can’t augment it.
My ancient knife is also probably actually worse than my one I was using after all :/

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dameius posted:

Playing on console is like playing D2 on open internet instead of Battle.net

wat

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Consoles are bugged and not getting patched so tons of people are running around with triple socketed everything. Unless they fixed that. I don't play console myself, but that has been a consistent complaint from people in this thread, and they've offered up a few examples.

That was just my tongue in cheek way of describing it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Spacely posted:

Make primals give 500 deaths breaths instead of souls.

Or 10x of each Bounty Material.

There REALLY needs to be an alternative/better way to get those.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
3 primals and an ancient in Kanias cube and the ancient becomes a primal.
Problem solved.

I have gone from a ww, a multishot, a corpselance to a crusader with the invoker build.
I cant deside wich is the funniest to play, they All are fun.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Was going to wait till S17 to make my LoN Bombardment Crusader but since that got pushed I decided to give it a go and it's pretty fun. I didn't bother using my DH to farm up Blood Shards / Horadric Caches for her so I had to do everything with her alone (except the Hellfire stuff, a level 70 Legendary with the Gem of Ease, a Primal Gladiator Gauntlet, and the LoN rings themselves), and it was fun watching my skills and gear evolve as I kept getting new Ancients to replace non-Ancient gear. Finally picked up the two weapons I needed (double Steed time and double Bombardment strikes) so now it's just a matter of finding better Ancient gear.

Really wish there were more Shoulder Legendaries to choose from, the selection is loving dismal.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Was going to wait till S17 to make my LoN Bombardment Crusader but since that got pushed I decided to give it a go and it's pretty fun. I didn't bother using my DH to farm up Blood Shards / Horadric Caches for her so I had to do everything with her alone (except the Hellfire stuff, a level 70 Legendary with the Gem of Ease, a Primal Gladiator Gauntlet, and the LoN rings themselves), and it was fun watching my skills and gear evolve as I kept getting new Ancients to replace non-Ancient gear. Finally picked up the two weapons I needed (double Steed time and double Bombardment strikes) so now it's just a matter of finding better Ancient gear.

Really wish there were more Shoulder Legendaries to choose from, the selection is loving dismal.

Just craft Corruption over and over until you get good rolls. It used to dramatically increase your pick up radius, but has since been nerfed

SidBo
Feb 9, 2004

Speked posted:

3 primals and an ancient in Kanias cube and the ancient becomes a primal.

That is such a good idea and therefore will never be implemented.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

What builds of what classes use Little Rogue and The Slanderer? There are some right, I remember people complaining about not getting them. I just had them both drop so I figure why not do something with the rest of the season.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Hammer barb uses it and is the only one afaik.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s a monk build that uses them I’m sure of it

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

It is also really lovely that you have to go out of the game to really understand how the Cube works. I mean they give you most of the information you need but even still I get confused and I've been playing since day 1

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Speaking of Monk builds here's what I've been able to cobble together without looking up any builds and using Legacy of Nightmares rings.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/102133135

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MariusLecter posted:

Speaking of Monk builds here's what I've been able to cobble together without looking up any builds and using Legacy of Nightmares rings.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/102133135

Oh, sweet, I've been thinking of making a LoN Lashing Tail build cause I have Primal Rivera Dancers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dameius posted:

Consoles are bugged and not getting patched so tons of people are running around with triple socketed everything. Unless they fixed that. I don't play console myself, but that has been a consistent complaint from people in this thread, and they've offered up a few examples.

That was just my tongue in cheek way of describing it.

The PS4 version is up to 2.6.0. Dunno what the most current PC patch is. No idea if it's still possible to get 3 sockets on everything but color me interested, because if there's no bnet-sanctioned multiplayer/pvp/leaderboards, then who gives a poo poo about hacking!

Edit: few minutes of googling suggests the Switch version is prone to all sorts of poo poo due to homebrew exploits, but the other consoles are safe unless playing non-seasonal with people who've imported previous characters with hacked gear.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 2, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
17 goblins total, none escaped :blastu:

:stare:

e; I'd already been wearing this, meant to post it sooner.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 2, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

enojy posted:

The PS4 version is up to 2.6.0. Dunno what the most current PC patch is. No idea if it's still possible to get 3 sockets on everything but color me interested, because if there's no bnet-sanctioned multiplayer/pvp/leaderboards, then who gives a poo poo about hacking!

Edit: few minutes of googling suggests the Switch version is prone to all sorts of poo poo due to homebrew exploits, but the other consoles are safe unless playing non-seasonal with people who've imported previous characters with hacked gear.

People give a poo poo about hacking because of you spawn in with someone who has hacked gear with +1,000,000 XP per kill or something then they kill a mob and your unhacked character gains 2,000 paragon, effectively turning your normal character into a hacked one.

For some people that sounds fun, for people like me it’s incentive to never play with others.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And unloading my shards on Kadala after that neph rift ...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I made another alt since they extended the season and within like... an hour? Have the frozen orb wand and source. Guess I’m going for frozen orb builds! Feels very diablo 2

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have a pretty nice holy shot. Max dex and all the right stats.
But I can’t aug it :( I just can’t get shadow ancients to drop and it’s holding me up at 100.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

And unloading my shards on Kadala after that neph rift ...

Hate to crash your party but those rolls are pretty weak, low attack speed and damage, and crit would be better than 10% Impale probably.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bamhand posted:

Hate to crash your party but those rolls are pretty weak, low attack speed and damage, and crit would be better than 10% Impale probably.

The fact I finally got one and am throwing 3 impales it what's important right now.

I'll probably try and reforge it if I can chain a few Bounty speed runs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reforging an HPS is an exercise in misery and pain.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just got a Primal DEX/VIT/Companion % Aquila Cuirass
I think if I roll companion to resist all, it's a keeper. I'll just move frostburn to the cube.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 3, 2019

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You got intelligence and dexterity rolled on the same item? Are you from 2012?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Whoops fixed it. I have my aug ready so if someone could weight in I'd love it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shadow always wears one of Aquila or Frostburn and cubes the other so... yes?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it can get hard to keep track of active effects with some characters, especially since there's no set order

often it's not too important, but sometimes spending half a second more to find the icon you're looking for is the difference between life and death

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Tal Rasha sorcerer is the best because it has the highest mps (meteors per second) of any build.

Now tell me who decided the grand augur should've been a staff and not a wand, so I can get revenge.

Or an ancient unstable wand. I don't wanna have to compromise orbs for optimal meteor spam. :(

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Meteors are just orbs that fall out of the sky.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I feel like the design of jewelry in this game is broken because ancients don't have a higher range for some stats like CHC and CHD. If they'd fix that it'd make ancients a lot more powerful, right now the only benefit of an ancient is that you can augment it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm trying to round out the seasonal challenges list. Augmenting an ancient legendary in the cube eats the legendary gem, yes? If so, I guess I gotta figure out which one I want to ditch... and you surely just get it right back at level 0 the next time you clear a grift?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

enojy posted:

I'm trying to round out the seasonal challenges list. Augmenting an ancient legendary in the cube eats the legendary gem, yes? If so, I guess I gotta figure out which one I want to ditch... and you surely just get it right back at level 0 the next time you clear a grift?

Yep all around. Just level and alt one up.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

enojy posted:

Just in case, since this trips up a lot of people: remember to use the color of (non legendary) gem corresponding to the attribute you want boosted. I.e., emerald for dexterity, topaz for intelligence, ruby for strength

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I can’t seem to get shadow ancients to drop so I’m stuck at 100. My normals are all rolled right basically.
Finally get gloves to drop. DEX VIT CDR life per hit :/

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Snacksmaniac posted:

I can’t seem to get shadow ancients to drop so I’m stuck at 100. My normals are all rolled right basically.
Finally get gloves to drop. DEX VIT CDR life per hit :/

Don’t need ancients to get over 100 except probably an ancient dagger.

You may have to have more defense like wearing a unity or something but easily doable

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Have you tried upgrading rare daggers? That's probably the easiest ancient weapon to get in the game due to the 2 item pool. Also yeah, you should be able to breeze through GR100 without any ancients except for maybe weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh I’m at 100 and change but I’m starting to hit the wall going any higher. Basically making the move up into the hundreds.
I tried to do it with literally no ancients but I ended up having to make an ancient dagger.