Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol

e: sir trumpum hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Pohl posted:

how much or how little people tip shouldn't even be the discussion. Tipping is stupid and poo poo and we should just pay people a decent wage. Crazy I know.

do you follow this up normally with and that is why I don't tip?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

dads friend steve posted:

lmao poo poo I just looked up what “foids” means

yeah, it all came together quite nightmarishly :mensch:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Pohl posted:

how much or how little people tip shouldn't even be the discussion. Tipping is stupid and poo poo and we should just pay people a decent wage. Crazy I know.

lots of restaurants around here are specifically, loudly switching to being tip-free; on the menu it says we value our employees and our prices are such that we can pay them a good & competitive wage etc etc

when you get the bill the tip field is labeled "Optional Tip:"

it's good, and it's how it should be, yes

however, in the meantime, tip well. especially in expensive urban areas.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

juche avocado posted:

lots of restaurants around here are specifically, loudly switching to being tip-free; on the menu it says we value our employees and our prices are such that we can pay them a good & competitive wage etc etc

when you get the bill the tip field is labeled "Optional Tip:"

it's good, and it's how it should be, yes

^

The tipping derail ends here.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have had a $2,100 bill before where they gave a $17.18 tip to be split between 3 people.

I have only received a 20% tip once in 8 years of doing this. That was a Christmas dinner at a church where they put out a tip basket.

Sounds like you might live around here.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Filthy Hans posted:

drink a jar of pickle brine and report back

Eh, keep going.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

:barf:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
how do u know if some is telling the truth about their tips, like unless you're splitting the bill with them? :thunk:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yeah, minus the mp3 player, this was me on Saturday.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pooky posted:

Never be done, Candace.

lmfao I just realized that she thinks “token” is a slur :bagl:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Dewgy posted:

anything made popular by south park is poo poo and racist hth

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1101916716148379648?s=19

Cheers

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

do you follow this up normally with and that is why I don't tip?

No, I tip stupid amounts near 50% because I know the reality, it just pisses me because I'm essentially paying twice for the same service and the loving owner gets to just lol and buy a 3rd home.

Edit: OOPS!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

SKULL.GIF posted:

^

The tipping derail ends here.

Fascist IK steps in again, no free speech allowed here!

:snoo:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how does that make the sexual market fairer

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Dewgy posted:

Yeah, she's spinning it that way. But look at it from her perspective. As a Republican shill, she's probably been called a token so many times it seems like a slur to her. I hope somebody says as much in her answers too.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

im not seeing any squid what the gently caress is she talking about, get outta here

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

lorn Wayne posted:

im not seeing any squid what the gently caress is she talking about, get outta here

Left Melania at the hotel.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Trumo

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathhhhhhhhhhhhew calamariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Martin BadClixx posted:

Fascist IK steps in again, no free speech allowed here!

:snoo:

do u even tip in dutchland

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

trumblin up the tumbo

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Hey whatever happened to the guy AOC beat to join congress in the first place?

Wikipedia posted:

Post−political career

In February 2019, Crowley resigned as Chair of the Queens Democratic Party and signed on to the lobbying firm Squire Patton Boggs.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
affluenza defence, 1905 style

driven to temporary derangement by the altitude of wyoming

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

coke floats are a thing though, and it's... well ok it's still gross

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Greetings from Trump Thread # 4

quote:

Lance Dodes: Mr. Trump has a long history that proves his diagnosis. If you consider the 7 traits that define Antisocial Personality Disorder in the DSM-5, he meets every one of them:

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors.

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying … or conning others for personal profit or pleasure

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead

4. Irritability and aggressiveness

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others.

6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations

7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Tana Ganeva: What’s the danger of having a sociopath in charge of the US?

Lance Dodes: Sociopathy is the most serious mental disability possible for the President. Other conditions do not lead to continual disregard for the welfare of others, lying, cheating, and repeated loss of reality under stress.

The bogus argument made by some that Abraham Lincoln is known to have suffered with depression, so Mr. Trump is not different, fails on this point. Lincoln’s depression did not make him cruel or indifferent to the feelings of others, cheat, lie, lose track of reality when stressed, or have a need to be an absolute ruler over everyone.

There are two major risks from Mr. Trump.

First, there is a serious risk that he will start a war to distract the country from his multiple failures and his attempts to become a one-man ruler. This is most likely to occur as he is stressed by challenges to his position as President. Other tyrants have plunged their nations into war, sometimes by creating an international incident as an excuse, to avoid internal disputes and solidify power.

Second, there is a serious risk of his destroying democracy in this country. He has already eroded it by attacking the principle of balance of powers, attacking the judicial system and the Congress, attempting to gather all power to himself. He has tried to destroy our free press by claiming that its criticisms of him are “fake news” and that a free press is the enemy of the people. These are well-known tactics of would-be tyrants, and are signs of sociopathy with his single-minded concern for himself and absence of conscience or concern for the feelings or lives of anyone else.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Apraxin posted:

wyoming huh, can't even fuckin imagine

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Pohl posted:

back when middle-class Americans started going to "restaurants" (as opposed to cheap working-class lunch counters etc) they generally really hated tipping, but it still survived. One of the motivations for Automats was avoidance of tipping.

Here on SA it's mostly been the case that service personel are the most vocally in favor of tipping, which kind-of makes sense I guess because if you're lucky enough to have a position that nets good tips it's better pay than even a decent hourly wage.

Ironically Europe makes me really anxious because mostly people don't tip but sometimes they do, so I'm really conflicted. At least in the US it's easy in that sense.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Apraxin posted:

I've been temporarily deranged by the altitude of Wyoming too tbh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Gamers, lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
did we ever get a positive id on General Raisin Caine?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Joementum posted:

did we ever get a positive id on General Raisin Caine?

Wait, was there ever any doubt that it was a reference to the fried food?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

imo kill me

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gently caress

gently caress

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

the gently caress is this 20-30% tip horse poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Salt Fish posted:

Wait, was there ever any doubt that it was a reference to the fried food?

this is why we need reporters vigorously investigating this matter!!