Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Gatts posted:

Who is the NFL's best deep pass option that doesn't already have Tyreek Hill while needing someone to fight for jumpballs in the endzone? Brees? Rodgers?

The guy can't separate but if he's got speed and a vertical he could be a WR3 or something. Comedy option a TE.

I love Tyreek Hill but I swear he's dropped more deep TDs that hit him right in the hands than most QBs threw all last season. How are Metcalf's hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Strobe posted:

I love Tyreek Hill but I swear he's dropped more deep TDs that hit him right in the hands than most QBs threw all last season. How are Metcalf's hands?

The biggest knock against him before we knew he could only run in a straight line.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Gatts posted:

Who is the NFL's best deep pass option that doesn't already have Tyreek Hill while needing someone to fight for jumpballs in the endzone? Brees? Rodgers?

The guy can't separate but if he's got speed and a vertical he could be a WR3 or something. Comedy option a TE.

*looks around*

Tedd Ginn Jr former number 9 overall draft pick to the Miami dolphins

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The biggest knock against him before we knew he could only run in a straight line.

Figures. :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

If he can run block Seattle I guess. Russ has a great deep ball when he's allowed to throw.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

This whole time I thought Emmanuel Hall was the go route incarnate but it turns out there's another player in the same draft class that was grown in a lab to run Da Bomb

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gatts posted:

Flacco

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Give me big powerful offensive lineman!!!!!!!!!!!

We must establish the run to ensure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I was gonna say that on that highlight tape I didn't see all that much that wasn't go routes and fade routes in the end zone from DK Metcalf.

If you're fine with that, I'm fine with that. Love me a good go route

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gatts posted:

Can he even fight for jump balls?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/KyleKellyNFL/status/1102458150060478465

Draft capital is probably as important as salary cap management, and Arizona might just be flushing so much of it down the toilet here.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sure I’ll do a third for him.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Give me big powerful offensive lineman!!!!!!!!!!!

We must establish the run to ensure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

step one - draft that one 260lb RB.
step two - make him play FB
step three - profit

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Draft capital is probably as important as salary cap management, and Arizona might just be flushing so much of it down the toilet here.

lol what a waste for the Cards

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I'm enjoying the litany of think pieces about how DK Metcalf is totally elite don't worry about his lack of college production, agility, lack of route tree or hands. You're dumb shut up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Sure I’ll do a third for him.

Same

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm enjoying the litany of think pieces about how DK Metcalf is totally elite don't worry about his lack of college production, agility, lack of route tree or hands. You're dumb shut up.

He's Eric Metcalfs cousin so people are already clamoring for him in Cleveland

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Nah, that's low given his potential. Some folks were arguing about this in the other threat and I think they're right that actually his value would be in the first and second rounds. That's just one dude's opinion, a third rounder alone would surprise me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

EmbryoSteve posted:

step one - draft that one 260lb RB.
step two - make him play FB
step three - profit

Cue JetsDrafts.mp4

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I wonder if Mayock is going to draft Easton Stick since he's pretty much obsessed with NDSU.

That 3 cone drill though...
https://twitter.com/MikeMSchwartz/status/1101994248654581760

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would take DK Metcalf in the 3rd to 4th round where other physical freaks with questions like can he actually play football,can he catch ball go and def not the top 10 or even first round.

He looks like a project wr 3 or a WR2 maybe?

He's certainly not a foundational piece for a passing game. You dont even know if the kid can catch

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I love reading about what NFL teams do in interviews. Like, do we think the interviewers are football dudes who dabble in psychology or do teams actually hire psychologists to do this stuff? How do you gleam anything from a staring contest? What is a good or bad outcome?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Ed Oliver is the guy I hope falls to KC at 29, him or Polite

Neither please.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Slowpoke! posted:

I love reading about what NFL teams do in interviews. Like, do we think the interviewers are football dudes who dabble in psychology or do teams actually hire psychologists to do this stuff? How do you gleam anything from a staring contest? What is a good or bad outcome?

i feel like this stupid poo poo is done just to gauge compliance

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Easton Stick is not a human name

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
the obvious solution to the line arms race is to maginot it up and make offenses have 12 men on the field with mandatory 6 linemen.

Or just make offensive holding short of take downs legal because there is just no hope at this point.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

Supposedly some teams do actual psychological testing but it's mostly jocks being dipshits

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want a job thinking up increasingly stupid ways to mess with draft prospects that have nothing to do with football.

Put a draft prospect and a flatulent man in a room together and see how the prospect reacts to the man's constant farting. I'm available to the highest bidder, NFL teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like this is one of the extremely limited situations where a Scientologist auditor would be useful.

Snap to the present!! Now. Recall a secret.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

corn on the cop posted:

i feel like this stupid poo poo is done just to gauge compliance

I think there is something to be said about seeing how someone would react when presented with something completely unexpected or borderline silly when they are already experiencing a lot of pressure. My grad school interview was a group interview and had 3 parts. One of the parts was playing cornhole with the group of people in your little interview cohort (with whom you are directly competing against i.e. limited spots etc). I was very surprised about this and after I got in we asked about this section of the interview. It was all about seeing how people would react with something unexpected and how would we behave and cooperate with others we are in direct competition with. I went to school for mental health counseling so different than football but throwing some curveballs to see how people react to emergent situations sounds like a good way to get info about people's behavior and dispositions

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That all sounds exceedingly reasonable, and then I remember Jeff Ireland asking Dez Bryant if his mom was a prostitute

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
To be fair though, 'my dad was a pimp and my mom worked for him' does lead you to question things.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

Easton Stick is not a human name

Of course not, it's a piece of athletic equipment. Which actually seems pretty fitting now that I think about it

Mega64 posted:

I want a job thinking up increasingly stupid ways to mess with draft prospects that have nothing to do with football.

Put a draft prospect and a flatulent man in a room together and see how the prospect reacts to the man's constant farting. I'm available to the highest bidder, NFL teams.

Demand that they drink five cops of coffee and then see how long they can hold it without asking for a bathroom break.

Give the athlete 10 minutes to invent and perform an original skit about perseverance

Bring in a troupe of man strippers and have them do their thing as you hoot and holler enthusiastically

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
what are some good draft podcasts now that the combine is over i will actually pay attention

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I've been listening to "Stick to Football" with Matt Miller and Conner Hughes lately. They're pretty good. Also, "Move the Sticks" with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1102799455516938240?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

I've been listening to "Stick to Football" with Matt Miller and Conner Hughes lately. They're pretty good. Also, "Move the Sticks" with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.

The Draft Network has some good stuff, too.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/media/podcasts

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1102958013617455105

It's Kyler, isn't it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He was almost dead last in the 20 yard shuttle too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His defense of DK is...what people have been saying...that he’s got terrible footwork and he has stiff hips has evidenced by that video... so...