Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Khablam posted:

I pm'd you the only way that isn't Now TV, but I suppose it's probably what you're already doing.

Can you pm me too?

I'd rather not have to give money to Sky but if I do end up getting Sky F1:
1: Can I add this to my Virgin subscription as an extra channel?
2: Will it be 4k/UHD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is Wicka really that fat, I mean he's from some bumfuck midwestern nowhere state which is probably just as bad for inbreeding as noted bad country Britain so it makes sense.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Wicka is in great shape because he melts down so frequently.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have so much time for posting because I retired after starring in a series of Capri Sun commercials in the 90s.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This is wicka’s commercial btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP8y4NUbLDM

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MZ posted:

Can you pm me too?

I'd rather not have to give money to Sky but if I do end up getting Sky F1:
1: Can I add this to my Virgin subscription as an extra channel?
2: Will it be 4k/UHD?

You'd need to add the entire Sky Sports package, and it would be HD only.

I'm holding out for a NowTV subscription like they offered last year, but it doesn't seem to have been announced yet.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Rhopunzel posted:

they failed because much like honda they thought they were above adapting and thought they could force their way with their Japanese Bullshit way of doing things and by the time they started to figure out their mistake it was the recession and they'd wasted billions

Toyota never built anything as bad as the RA107 and RA108. Their first and last cars were actually quite good.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

#essereFerrari

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Frond posted:

Toyota never built anything as bad as the RA107 and RA108. Their first and last cars were actually quite good.

flipside: the RA107 and RA108 have the best liveries ever put on cars.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

You'd need to add the entire Sky Sports package, and it would be HD only.

I'm holding out for a NowTV subscription like they offered last year, but it doesn't seem to have been announced yet.

Not sure if you can get this deal on virgin, but it's at a point I'd pay
https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports?DCMP=afc-SkySports_F1strapline

Having looked you need the entertainment bundle which at £22 sucks as it's only 7.99 on nowtv

djssniper fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 5, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

#essereFerrari

Some top tier cringe from the cringelord himself

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Schlesische posted:

flipside: the RA107 and RA108 have the best liveries ever put on cars.

That's a funny way of writing "Jordan 191"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Some top tier cringe from the cringelord himself

Turn off your monitor

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DoctorGonzo posted:

#essereFerrari

Explains why he bins his Ferrari to get out of the seat ASAP

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

That's a funny way of writing "Jordan 191"

Earth Dreams was better than Mountain Dew

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I wonder if they'll have to change the name of "Williams SMOKE CIGARETTES F1 Racing Team" now that there's a crackdown happening.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Shamelessly stolen from Facebook!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Inject that poo poo right into my eyeballs.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Schlesische posted:

Earth Dreams was better than Mountain Dew

:catstare:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Williams should have made a "Frank's dreams" livery instead of whatever that is that they put on the car at the moment.

e: wait, maybe they are doing that already, and the rearwing endplate was Frank's dream of how many employees will be left at Williams in 2020

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the fia already banned williams mirrors and their chassis is under evaluation so yes this is a frank tribute as it wont run

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141891/carey-outlines-f1-trategic-priorities-for-2019

"Speaking at the Geneva Motor Show, F1 CEO Chase Carey outlined two priorities, split between the relevance of the technology on show and making the championship "inviting to all"."

Yeah when i see madmen driving at 300 km/h i wish i could think more about mercedes thermal efficiency. I hope liberty gently caress off and or Ferrari wins the title this year so i can stop watching this stupid idiot sport

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 5, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Yeah, "inviting to all" worked like a charm when they hosed off Porsche/VAG because they refuse to simplify the drivetrain for 2021. They might get rid off the MGU-H, but the thing will still be something you need years to develop.

And I don't know how much truth there is to the rumor that they are actually debating active suspension for 2021, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do it, and finally drive off every manufacturer who doesn't have endless amounts of money. Look at the stupid situation with the tyres. Michelin was interested, but said they'd only do wheels for larger rims. FIA said "no problem, we introduce larger rims in 2021, but you have to join in 2020, so you'll have to develop tyres for a single year, you stupid idiots".

I'll laugh my rear end off when Liberty loses interest in F1, sells it shortly before the loving concord agreement is running out, only for Bernie to pick it back up with some investors, and resign the agreement.

Anyway, MotoGP is starting in couple of days, so there's that

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
liberty hasnt done a single thing to improve the sport and the track people are already telling them to gently caress off, good job casey!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They gave us CGI eagles and Heineken stars, and that one race were the drivers entered like wrestlers. Oh, and the new graphics, and F1TV. F1TV is kinda okay, allthough unreliable, but the rest was either poo poo or simply dropped instead of improved (the eagle, of course, not the wrestler entry).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also, Formula E has drivers shaking their heads in the graphics when they bin the car. This is something that needs to be in every proper racing series.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Simplifying the engines didn't happen because Porsche didn't actually commit to joining the series, and without a new manufacturer all you're doing is increasing costs for the current engine suppliers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How's the w series shaping up? Will there be a way to watch the runoffs at the end of the month?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Big Huski Boi posted:

Simplifying the engines didn't happen because Porsche didn't actually commit to joining the series, and without a new manufacturer all you're doing is increasing costs for the current engine suppliers.

Don't wanna sound like a dick, so don't get me wrong, but are there sources that kinda confirm this? Would FIA have simplified the drivetrains if Porsche joined? Porsche basically said the exact opposite in regard to why they were no longer interested. Just wanna find some more sources to form an opinion upon.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tuo posted:

Don't wanna sound like a dick, so don't get me wrong, but are there sources that kinda confirm this? Would FIA have simplified the drivetrains if Porsche joined? Porsche basically said the exact opposite in regard to why they were no longer interested. Just wanna find some more sources to form an opinion upon.

You can use google to find things

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Big Huski Boi posted:

You can use google to find things

Okay, cool. The only thing I find there are the current engine manufacturers saying why everything is fine, guess I'll have to google harder.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Try DuckDuckGo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Big Huski Boi posted:

Try DuckDuckGo

No way, that doesn't influence my Youtube video recommendations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously though, Porsche never actually committed to joining F1, which meant the teams refused to commit to adopting "cost-cutting" measures that would've benefited only hypothetical newcomers while forcing them to spend more to redesign their current power units without the MGU-H.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ilmucche posted:

How's the w series shaping up? Will there be a way to watch the runoffs at the end of the month?
Aren't the drivers set for the season now? They have a calendar posted on the site finally https://wseries.com/races/
Since my driver (Zellers) got knocked out I guess I'm rooting for The Chad now.
Also I went to a local car builder guy to see if he can weld some 90 year old British metal that broke on my bike (he couldn't because British metals are fraudulent) and he had this in his shop

Only registered members can see post attachments!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Aren't the drivers set for the season now? They have a calendar posted on the site finally https://wseries.com/races/
Also I went to a local car builder guy to see if he can weld some 90 year old British metal that broke on my bike (he couldn't because British metals are fraudulent) and he had this in his shop

I just came.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

:eyepop: phwoar

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

the fia already banned williams mirrors and their chassis is under evaluation so yes this is a frank tribute as it wont run

lmao

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/05/ferrari-to-remove-mission-winnow-logos-from-car-for-australian-grand-prix/

Name change and the car wont run a missionwinnow livery at Australia

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

Ferrari has only confirmed the change for the first race of the season in Australia. The team said its livery will feature “a surprise for the fans instead”.

It's gonna be a big middle finger on the side of the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Australia is a lovely land where you get fined for going 1kmh over the speed limit and they eat boiled kangaroo meat