Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Most of the "trusted" polling is by people who profit by centrism.

Probably, I'd still be curious though.

Fox is currently being sad that Roberts has been siding with the liberals on the court occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

http://westchester.news12.com/story...ew-with-news-12

quote:

'I'm not running': Hillary Clinton rules out 2020 bid for first time on camera in exclusive interview with News 12

"I'm not running, but I'm going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe," she told News 12's Tara Rosenblum.

In her first local TV interview since the midterm elections, the former first lady and secretary of state opened up about 2016, 2020 and beyond. She expressed deep concerns about the state of American politics today -- and vowed to be vocal about those concerns.

"I want to be sure that people understand I'm going to keep speaking out," Clinton said. "I'm not going anywhere. What's at stake in our country, the kind of things that are happening right now are deeply troubling to me. And I'm also thinking hard about how do we start talking and listening to each other again? We've just gotten so polarized. We've gotten into really opposing camps unlike anything I've ever seen in my adult life."

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuu

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

So here's a compromise for all the centrists out there.

We'll be indicting Trump, and working to make sure he does time alongside his buddies. Do the crime, do the time, I say.

But in a stunning display of bi-partisanship, we'll also Lock Her Up. Now everybody put your guns down, and we'll call 2016 Season 3 over.

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015

M_Gargantua posted:

Most of the "trusted" polling is by people who profit by centrism.

Not in my experience. Obviously there are a lot of caveats that come with any poll but the larger media orgs will probably just go for likely voters in a certain area. With out having specific data or instances off the top of my head, you could effectively get a wash in terms of results which could make it seem like support is closer than it truly is (say a LGBTQ ordinance that would only effect one city being overwhelmingly popular inside the city but the poll is run at a county or state wide level where the areas surrounding the city hate the ordinance). Which does go to your point but in the end isn’t very helpful because it’s not telling anybody anything they don’t already know. It may not always been the intention at the start and can just be the result of bad practices.

Internal polling run by campaigns is usually very accurate- you want to know what messages are resonating the most, where you are weak, etc. It does you no good in managing a campaign to have inaccurate data. The real issue most of the time is paying attention to what the polls are saying and that’s where a lot of campaigns fall short.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

An attorney for Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer, raised the possibility of a pardon with attorneys for the president and his company after federal agents raided Mr. Cohen’s properties in April, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

hey when does brexit become reality

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
March 29th unless Britain somehow convinces the EU to extend it which would take them out to June at the latest if I understand it correctly.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DaNerd posted:

March 29th unless Britain somehow convinces the EU to extend it which would take them out to June at the latest if I understand it correctly.

And if they do, then they'll be obligated to hold MEP elections hahahah.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ahahahahahahahah fuuuuuuck, this headline

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/04/john-bolton-trump-national-security-adviser/583246/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Uhhhhhh....this guy is aware of who John Bolton is right....

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Lmao gently caress

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean, I trust John Bolton more than I trust Trump when it comes to national security, but that's a bar so low it's buried somewhere in the Earth's mantle. I would rather the stray cat that hangs around my neighborhood be in charge of national security than either Trump or Bolton.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Said by Bolton on CNN yesterday when asked if he thinks Kim knew about Otto:

"My opinion doesn't matter"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Thank you, sir, President Trump, for curing aids!

Maga 2020

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-mattis-nickname

Brain worms seem to be accelerating.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Uhhhhhh....this guy is aware of who John Bolton is right....

quote:

Bolton’s return to power has allowed him to pursue his great passions in life, which are outmaneuvering his adversaries, foreign and domestic, and getting America out of treaties. (“So many bad deals to kill,” Bolton once wrote, “so little time.”) Sloshing down the street in Tbilisi, he seemed to be experiencing his version of the human emotion known as happiness.

quote:

The second impediment was more substantial, and had stalled Bolton’s ascent in previous administrations as well. “He is incredibly smart and capable,” a Bolton acquaintance told me. “He could have risen faster if he had just been less of a dick.”

It’s difficult to exaggerate how hard it is to earn a reputation as a dick in Washington. It’s like being known as a real nerd by fellow scientists at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, or as the resident prude by sisters at a nunnery.

Seems to

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Thank you, sir, President Trump, for curing aids!

Maga 2020

But the failing NY Times is the epitome of fake news. What will my little, worm infested chud brain do? Oh that’s right...

MAGA you liberal snowflakes! My president just cured aids. Now Crooked Hillary’s deep state plan to spread aids to all the true patriots from the back of a beauty parlor in Redhook is foiled! Just like Q predicted!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

These errors in understanding were later corrected at The Ministry of Truth, as was the earlier and false reporting that Mattis got the nickname in 2004.

All of these untrue reports have been sent down the memory hole so as to align with the 9,014 pronouncements of our leader, President Trump, who is doubleplusgood.

Is task and purpose satire?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

But the failing NY Times is the epitome of fake news. What will my little, worm infested chud brain do? Oh that’s right...

MAGA you liberal snowflakes! My president just cured aids. Now Crooked Hillary’s deep state plan to spread aids to all the true patriots from the back of a beauty parlor in Redhook is foiled! Just like Q predicted!

It was also done with stem cells so lol he is probably gonna have to walk that comment back but no one will bat an eyelash or care

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It was also done with stem cells so lol he is probably gonna have to walk that comment back but no one will bat an eyelash or care

I’d assume the research probably occurred in our mortal enemies in Western Europe with their dirty socialized medicine. But Trump had a line about AIDs in the State of the Union speech so by transitive properties he cured it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

LingcodKilla posted:

These errors in understanding were later corrected at The Ministry of Truth, as was the earlier and false reporting that Mattis got the nickname in 2004.

All of these untrue reports have been sent down the memory hole so as to align with the 9,014 pronouncements of our leader, President Trump, who is doubleplusgood.

Is task and purpose satire?

No, it just seems their staff writers are growing increasingly sick of ol Trumpee

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1102934910900363266?s=21

:nallears:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is he saying his harassment is presidential, people are harassing the president, or the harassment he is getting is presidential in scope?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Defenestrategy posted:

Is he saying his harassment is presidential, people are harassing the president, or the harassment he is getting is presidential in scope?

Yes.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politico bad you say?

https://twitter.com/politico/status...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Por que no los dos tres?

Lmao

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Here I'll say it loud for the people in the back.

THESE PEOPLE ARE NO BETTER THAN REPUBLICANS BECAUSE THEY DON'T ACTUALLY FACE ANY NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES UNDER THE STATUS QUO. TO THEM POLITICS IS A GAME AND THEY WOULD PREFER LOSING TO TRUMP AGAIN RATHER THAN MAKE SIGNIFICANT STRUCTURAL CHANGES TO OUR SOCIETY. THEY ARE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Look at him, walking around doing crimes, just asking for it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

There is a team of about 40 people that are supposed to be Trump's social media handlers. I wonder what they do all day.

The leader of that team is the longest serving aide of his administration.

Worst job or skatest job?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

There is a team of about 40 people that are supposed to be Trump's social media handlers. I wonder what they do all day.

Imagine the smells!

From his dreadful diet over decades it must smell like utter death

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Here I'll say it loud for the people in the back.

THESE PEOPLE ARE NO BETTER THAN REPUBLICANS BECAUSE THEY DON'T ACTUALLY FACE ANY NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES UNDER THE STATUS QUO. TO THEM POLITICS IS A GAME AND THEY WOULD PREFER LOSING TO TRUMP AGAIN RATHER THAN MAKE SIGNIFICANT STRUCTURAL CHANGES TO OUR SOCIETY. THEY ARE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

So what you're saying is...the press is the enemy of the people? :thunk:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Nostalgia4MAGA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What, did somebody grab you by the pussy?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

they are lowkey drunk all day

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rip king kong bundy

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

they are lowkey drunk all day

probably not even so lowkey

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

No, it just seems their staff writers are growing increasingly sick of ol Trumpee

Extra hilarious because the longtime editor quit in protest a while back at the chud owners interfering in stories and pushing a heavy pro-trump slant

In particular trying to spike the big ike perlmutter secretly running the VA scoop

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

First the AIPAC came for @AOC, but I did not speak out because I didn't want them to call me mega-hitler.