Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I was not bummed by the fakeout

i'm pretty mellow on it. i was interested in seeing where mob was going to go from there, and the developments that took its place i can't say are as intriguing.

i liked the claw stuff last season but something about the shounen stuff introduced this episode just wasn't particularly gripping for me. i'm excited for next episode to change my mind on it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

thinking on it, it's been a pretty constant theme this season of "lovely stuff happens to mob, is this latest awful thing the straw that breaks the camel's back?" between the girl who asked him out on a dare and whose friends made fun of him, to the psychic social bullying torture sequence, to his trusted mentor figure finally going over the line. in all of these, there was a pretty clear and wholesome way out, which was ultimately what mob took instead of snapping, but there's been a frequent tension of "will this set mob on the wrong path?" however, there really isn't any terribly wholesome or even terribly healthy way i can see anyone reacting to "your house just got burned down with your loving family trapped inside it." and of course, mob instantly goes into ???%, signifying that this is indeed the straw that breaks the camel's back, and not a tragedy that mob is going to be able to just bounce back from or find some healthy way to develop as a person from, just before dimple pulls mob out of it with a poorly thought out alternate explanation (that luckily ends up being true).

i'm assuming the overall thematic significance of this is that mob is being given a chance to see the kind of situation that would push him over the edge, and have the opportunity to ruminate over its ramifications without being forced to actually live through it. mogami touched on this earlier, ultiamtely pushing mob to a point of being willing to hurt someone else, but there mob was able to develop as a person who is consciously appreciative of his support group, while this is a situation without that kind of takeaway that i can forsee, and thus deserving of a more prolonged exploration than "here's the answer in the second half of the episode."

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Expect My Mom posted:

episode 13 will be the last episode and yeah there's no way

I wonder how they'll do the rest of the Manga, will they have enough stuff to do another 13 episodes? Maybe season 3 will be mostly a slice of life anime cribbed from the omake bits haha.

Still getting massive Patlabor vibes from the soundtrack though, which is annoying because I want a new Patlabor damnit.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'd say there's absolutely enough for a third season, though a fourth would mean stretching what's left very thin.

As for Dimple's quick bluff, I think in the manga he also spoke about how Mob's family's spirits weren't around and there hadn't been any exorcism.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ninjewtsu posted:

mogami touched on this earlier, ultiamtely pushing mob to a point of being willing to hurt someone else

He did just throw a guy across the city. Is it not-quite hurting someone else if you know they'll be fine?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's nice to see Pat from Achewood is still getting work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elfface posted:

I'd say there's absolutely enough for a third season, though a fourth would mean stretching what's left very thin.

As for Dimple's quick bluff, I think in the manga he also spoke about how Mob's family's spirits weren't around and there hadn't been any exorcism.

Theres only 10 chapters left after the presumed ending of S2. Theres not more than 6 or 7 episodes of material even if you include some omake stuff.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kild posted:

Theres only 10 chapters left after the presumed ending of S2. Theres not more than 6 or 7 episodes of material even if you include some omake stuff.

Could do a movie?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
aren't those chapters gigantic because they got published as like 90.1, 90.2 and so on

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

somepartsareme posted:

aren't those chapters gigantic because they got published as like 90.1, 90.2 and so on

Yeah, but they're not that gigantic.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought I heard that 2 "chapters" are each a volume long.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There's roughly four more volumes. It's hard to know where this season will end, but it'll definitely be at some point at the beginning of volume 13. Which leaves the rest of 13-16. The last 3 volumes are all 2 chapters, as is volume 12. 12 is a good example of how weird it is to talk about how much is left. Volume 12 is just chapter 89 and 90, but chapter 90 alone is 151 pages. Or like 18 less without omake or some such. Just that single chapter is a dozen weeks. There's two major arcs to bookend the material that is left, and some slice of life and character pieces in-between. I don't know if it's quite enough for the same size season we have, but it's not nothing either.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Do anime writers ever wrap up series with OVAs in the way that western cartoons sometimes do with TV movies? Timewise I could see MP100 wrapping up with a movie length thing after the end of this season.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Do anime writers ever wrap up series with OVAs in the way that western cartoons sometimes do with TV movies? Timewise I could see MP100 wrapping up with a movie length thing after the end of this season.

The "last" arc of monogatari wrapped up with 3 long episodes released over two days. that's one example off the top of my head.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Sometimes? The one I can think of off the top of my head is Re:Life.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Haruhi kinda did that with season 2, except they filled the rest of the reason with more Endless Eight.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fill the rest with the Reigan spin off manga?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
TBH, I would've cut one or two chapters off of this episode, felt like too much happened.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

having to work around episode length and numbers is probably the only bad thing about this adaptation.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Mogami arc deserved another episode, that's my only problem so far with this season

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

TBH, I would've cut one or two chapters off of this episode, felt like too much happened.

Yeah, before this episode I was sure there was no way they could finish this arc in the episodes they had left.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://twitter.com/AniTrendz/status/1103984960883515397

I ship Mob/Emi but it's a very niche ship apparently, so seeing it reach top 10 is actually rather surprising to me.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I like how half that list is one harem protagonist.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A single character shouldn't be allowed to be listed on more than two ships IMHO.

At least for top-ten purposes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm just glad Kaguya beat them all.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gruckles posted:

Well, if they were sextuplets he would be in 60% of the list. That's just how math works.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nobody got faith in mob and tsubomi huh.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gruckles posted:

and number 3 is a slaver and his child slave

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Zerilan posted:

and number 3 is a slaver and his child slave

Which is apparently two slots lower than it was last time :psyduck:

Also:

wikipedia posted:

Naofumi Iwatani was summoned into a parallel world along with three other people to become the world's Heroes. Each of the heroes were respectively equipped with their own legendary equipment when summoned. Naofumi happened to receive the Legendary Shield, the sole defensive equipment, while the others received weapons capable of attacking. Unlike the other heroes who are fully supported by the kingdom and gain several strong allies each, Naofumi's luck turns to the worse after his single companion, later revealed to be none other than Princess Myne, betrays him, and leaves him devoid of all assistance and supplies after she falsely accuses him of sexually assaulting her.

Shunned by everyone from king to peasants, Naofumi is forced to train as a hero alone while working to make ends meet, until he buys from a slave trader a Tanuki Demi-Human little girl named Raphtalia and an egg that hatches into a bird creature whom he names "Filo", both quickly growing into adulthood and becoming powerful companions by raising them. As they little by little gain the trust and gratitude of the people with their heroic actions, Naofumi's party work hard to fight the massive hordes of monsters that attack the world in waves while dealing with the conspiracies surrounding them and their friends.

:barf:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm just glad Kaguya beat them all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

body improvement club

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mabels big day posted:

body improvement club

fight! on! fight! on!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Some good moments got animated this ep

Swole

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
body improvement club ftmfw

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raserys posted:

fight! on! fight! on!

:911:

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
RIP Dimple/Mob using a gun against Shibata

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

They are all such good boys!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that the Claw boss chose the location because of a food dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I mean they use 4 eggs in their Omurice!