Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Very sad. I support the Mission Winnow program and it seems that backward thinking Australia want youths to keep smoking and things like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

It's gonna be a big middle finger on the side of the car.

it should be the cavallino rampante IMO

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Aren't the drivers set for the season now? They have a calendar posted on the site finally https://wseries.com/races/
Since my driver (Zellers) got knocked out I guess I'm rooting for The Chad now.
Also I went to a local car builder guy to see if he can weld some 90 year old British metal that broke on my bike (he couldn't because British metals are fraudulent) and he had this in his shop

Blood type after the driver and co-driver's names really sums up Group B.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

it should be the cavallino rampante IMO

Now that I can get behind with

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri confirmed the move at the Geneva Motor Show on Tuesday.

He said: "There were problems with the health department [in Australia] and there was no time for Philip Morris to find a solution.

"[Mission] Winnow is not a brand, it has nothing to do with tobacco, because it concerns the transition from tobacco to electronic [products].

Oh, ok, it doesn't have anything to do with tobacco it's just all about how you consume tobacco thus actually having something to do with tobacco. Glad we got this cleared up.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Very sad. I support the Mission Winnow program and it seems that backward thinking Australia want youths to keep smoking and things like that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Theophany posted:

Blood type after the driver and co-driver's names really sums up Group B.

It was pretty common for race car drivers to have blood types on the driver suit for a long time, definitely a sign of the times.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOKE

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Pirelli brought C2-C4s to the GP. Unsurprisingly, everybody went with C4s.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Leclerc oddly went with two sets of C2s.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was pretty common for race car drivers to have blood types on the driver suit for a long time, definitely a sign of the times.

Quite a few drivers had arrows on the helmet not only for style (as I thought) - they had the secondary effect of telling trackworkers which way their head was pointing.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

liberty hasnt done a single thing to improve the sport and the track people are already telling them to gently caress off, good job casey!

Well, they haven't made it worse either, so there's that.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually yes the historic tracks dont want to pay the fee to host new races so we could be looking to piece of poo poo tracks like sochi, baku and abu dhabi become the norm

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Sochi is appalling.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Baku owns and I won’t hear anything to the contrary

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

actually yes the historic tracks dont want to pay the fee to host new races so we could be looking to piece of poo poo tracks like sochi, baku and abu dhabi become the norm

That is entirely a Bernie legacy and nothing new.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Well, they haven't made it worse either, so there's that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYuKz0aSkEM

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

DoctorGonzo posted:

the fia already banned williams mirrors and their chassis is under evaluation so yes this is a frank tribute as it wont run

Wow back in the day the FIA used to wait until British teams had won a couple of races before they started unfairly punishing them

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

tuo posted:

They gave us CGI eagles and Heineken stars, and that one race were the drivers entered like wrestlers. Oh, and the new graphics, and F1TV. F1TV is kinda okay, allthough unreliable, but the rest was either poo poo or simply dropped instead of improved (the eagle, of course, not the wrestler entry).

The wrestler into was pure America, baby :911:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

tuo posted:

Also, Formula E has drivers shaking their heads in the graphics when they bin the car. This is something that needs to be in every proper racing series.

Yes, it is legit good

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, ok, it doesn't have anything to do with tobacco it's just all about how you consume tobacco thus actually having something to do with tobacco. Glad we got this cleared up.

Sounds like Australia should arrest Vettel for causing cancer. Meanwhile the good lads at McLaren are pushing hard for a better tomorrow.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Baku has loving owned for the past few years

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It's a fine street circuit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Baku is a perfectly good looking street course with an exciting layout, the only real problem is that it is in a fake petrostate with no motor racing heritage.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Well Done Baku

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poty posted:

Sounds like Australia should arrest Vettel for causing cancer. Meanwhile the good lads at McLaren are pushing hard for a better tomorrow.

Like the movie?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Feels Villeneuve posted:

fake petrostate with no motor racing heritage.
Sounds bad, I'm glad there's only one of those on the calendar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Baku is a perfectly good looking street course with an exciting layout, the only real problem is that it is in a fake petrostate with no motor racing heritage.

But enough about CotA

poty
Jun 21, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Like the movie?

I haven't looked into their exact manifesto, but I assume they support human progress everywhere. Of course, some places need way more help than others, for example the EU.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I honestly prefer the Azeri State to Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's a miracle that F1 never raced in Qatar.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There actually was a Soviet Formula league.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Baku Welcomed All Of Us

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

But enough about CotA

Every year I went to COTA they had done away with my seats from the year before

It won’t make it to 2021

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Didn't CotA fail to get its state subsidy because it was promoting human trafficking? That's about as petrostate as it gets

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Once the World Cup is over the slaves will get on building a track, I'm sure if it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Not from a lack of trying. It's like every year that talk of a grand prix at Losail props up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Abu Dhabi and Bahrain just lobby heavily against it behind the scenes.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

Yeah they'll be pushing the car back into the pit garage due to being as we say on reddit (reddit owns) le epic fail haha.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Should say Frog Faced, but I didnt make it, so meh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Didn't CotA fail to get its state subsidy because it was promoting human trafficking? That's about as petrostate as it gets

Basically they had a pre existing plan to prevent human trafficking (which id love to see) for another race and wanted to just reuse it for F1 but they didn’t re-submit it and got owned