Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Speaking of self owning Liberals (BC edition)

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/andrew-wilkinson-brokenhearted-cabin-owners-2019

lmao, and again

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/andrew-wilkinson-interest-free-student-loans-remarks

priznat has issued a correction as of 08:40 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DynamicSloth posted:

Ipsos:

Get hosed Libs.

Oh, man, look how shiny that graph is. All 3D and reflections and stuff.

Trudeau must be a jerk, there's no way a graph like that could steer you wrong.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
thats basically 3-party-system.png

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
manitoba pcs: we have spent $240 million less than we budgeted for healthcare this year so far!

manitoba hospitals: good luck getting in for heart surgery assholes!

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/wait-list-for-cardiac-surgery-nearly-doubles-at-st-boniface-hospital-1.4322293

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

manitoba pcs: we have spent $240 million less than we budgeted for healthcare this year so far!

manitoba hospitals: good luck getting in for heart surgery assholes!

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/wait-list-for-cardiac-surgery-nearly-doubles-at-st-boniface-hospital-1.4322293

don't worry i'm sure that 240 million will be going to better use elsewhere

like straight into their offshore bank accounts

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

DynamicSloth posted:

Ipsos:

Get hosed Libs.

Canadian Politics: Sample Size of 3.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

Canadian Politics: Sample Size of 3.

they made 1000 phone calls, only 3 answered.

The other 997 assumed it was the captain calling again to tell them they won a cruise.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/MaryamMonsef/status/1102749869373079552?s=20

the canadian liberal party is a parody of itself

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
With heavy-hitters like Maryam Monsef in his corner, Trudeau has nothing to fear.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh thank gently caress, they're growing the middle class.

wrap it up folks

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Liberals have been having a normal one on Twitter. because it's 2019

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Cross posting this from D&D CanPol because for the next day or two I choose to believe meme magick is real and our collective willpower can somehow make this happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhPnnLK6Znc

:bisonyes:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

if this continues downward for another week or two the knives are coming out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

if this continues downward for another week or two the knives are coming out

He has 10 days before the ides of March.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i mean tbh trudeau totally had this coming

shame about the nazis though

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
10 years of conservative darkness

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tighclops posted:

10 years of conservative darkness

how will we be able to tell the difference

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Yinlock posted:

i hate that ive turned into the person that actually thinks this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i hate that ive turned into the person that actually thinks this

i also hate that it's true

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Yinlock posted:

they'll kill statscan again and certain minority groups will get turbofucked instead of just passively hosed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you can be as cynical as you like about it, but life will be materially worse for some people.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Yinlock posted:

We will have weak, ineffective conservatives in government for a few years who bicker about weird social things and have distant ties to big business while not getting any pipelines built or passing deceptive Middle Class tax cuts. Let's keep that GDP trucking along and vote Liberal guys, literal jobs are at stake here.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

people who will definitely be worse off under a conservative government: asylum seekers, both regular and those coming via the us

otoh they're not even canadians, so wgaf right?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
yes, literally everybody's lives are better when the best conservatives are in power, this is what I am saying.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Wonder if the Libs are starting to regret not implenenting Prop Rep when they had the chance.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

yes, literally everybody's lives are better when the best conservatives are in power, this is what I am saying.

well tbf, you pretty accurately describe the liberal government, which i assumed was :thejoke:

they're definitely better at being conservatives than the conservatives though, no argument there

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

infernal machines posted:

you can be as cynical as you like about it, but life will be materially worse for some people.

true, i was mostly being flippant to blunt the horror at the thought

thaaaaaat's politics

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Another Bill posted:

Wonder if the Libs are starting to regret not implenenting Prop Rep when they had the chance.

Somehow I doubt it. I'm pretty sure both the Conservatives and the Liberals would rather have the odd crack at a majority government rather than constantly having to... compromise.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

well tbf, you pretty accurately describe the liberal government, which i assumed was :thejoke:

they're definitely better at being conservatives than the conservatives though, no argument there

Is there a word for the thing where you buy yourself credit with loud, superficial progressive policy to quietly enact deep conservative policy? Social license, I think, something like that. That deposit/withdrawal concept lets the libs get so much more done than the ostensibly principled Conservatives. I think I might actually volunteer for the Libs in Ottawa this year and see if I can sway anyone that yes, Trudeau is a dishonest huckster but he is YOUR conservative dishonest huckster, look at this long list of accomplishments. Stephen Harper never had the kind of capital to survive a scandal like this and I heard on the news today that Trudeau is maybe thinking about making a statement that suggests the possibility that somebody did something not 100% aligned with Liberal values. love that guy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tbf harper was also never stupid enough to get caught out doing something like this and he kept a tight lid on his entire caucus

in the same circumstances harper would have done the same thing, except it wouldn't have made headlines because his justice minister would have rolled over

i suppose that's the real fundamental difference with the liberals, arrogance. hubris even.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I heard on the news today that Trudeau is maybe thinking about making a statement that suggests the possibility that somebody did something not 100% aligned with Liberal values. love that guy.

he's certainly willing to consider owning something

it's a shame too, because frankly it just makes him look weak. if you're going to take a poo poo on the rule of law for the sake of the economy then for the love of christ don't dither about it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

he's certainly willing to consider owning something

it's a shame too, because frankly it just makes him look weak. if you're going to take a poo poo on the rule of law for the sake of the economy then for the love of christ don't dither about it.

dithering is what liberals do though

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jesus gently caress not another Conservative government.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jesus gently caress not another Conservative government.

doug fords for everyone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

though the current conservative frontrunners are yawning voids of anti-charisma so it's still anyone's game

the fact it's a game at all is testament to how much the libs loving suck

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I wonder if the federal libs will kamikaze into the NDP if they feel they can’t pull off a win.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
conservatives don't need charisma to win when they're running on pure hatred and spite

can't wait to be made even poorer than I otherwise would have been because the only canadians that vote have been raised to be hopelessly petty and self interested

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Have we figured out a way to reanimate Jack yet? No?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Jack Layton loving sucked, we need to rout the NDP of centrist fuckers like him or else start a new party with a real leftist spine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Agreed but gently caress if he wasn't better than Mulcair, who drove me out of the party

Is Joe Comartin busy these days?