Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Started a seasonal Crusader the other day. I've never played one. I guess right out of the gate I've been destined to spin hammers around, as really early I got both Johanna's shield and Pox Faulds. Twice, even. I had two of each. By the time I hit 70, I decided that I'm not a fan of spinning hammers but since the season set is hammers I'm kinda stuck with it until I can farm something else. I had done the first 3 season chapters (4 set pieces), then it happened... two important items dropped (in the same rift, I think): A 5th set piece that I didn't have and this belt:

Justice is a ranged generator ability so it costs no wrath. So now I do 12 thousand percent more damage and I can just throw the drat hammers from wherever I want, however many I want. Queue me chucking a few down a hallway then walk over to everything being dead. I like this a lot better. Before I was struggling with killing elites/bosses in T2 and instantly moved up to T8. I can probably go higher but I'm squishy as gently caress if anything reaches me. I'll be looking for an Aquila Cuirass since I basically don't use wrath anymore. The rest of my gear is poop but it doesn't really matter at the moment!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Ofecks-1629/hero/109497063

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Dear lord. Challenge Rift this week for NA has a monk wearing a Storm Shield.

E: And it turned out of be one of the better choices he made for his build.

Other choices include Air Ally with no spender, no Dashing Strike, helm with main stat rolled off in exchange for vitality, main stat rolled off of bracers in exchange for regen, and the spirit gain on hit rune for Blinding Flash, again with no spirit spender.

EE: At least he wasn't some kind of idiot savant that finished in 2 minutes. The timer was pretty generous.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 5, 2019

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Vomik posted:

Don’t need ancients to get over 100 except probably an ancient dagger.

You may have to have more defense like wearing a unity or something but easily doable
I just rerolled to DH and was struggling. Unity. Why did I forget about that ring already. Thanks for helping this idiot out.

(I’ve played basically every season but first using a class that never uses it so I forgot it exists)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Wait what DH build is unity helpful for??

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Wait what DH build is unity helpful for??

survivability is useful for any build once you start having to watch your life, no?

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah I’m not saying it’s required normally but I have some pretty bad rolls on gear - very little resist since I just made the character - and around GR100 even with the damage reduction buffs some spells start nearly 1shotting me even though my damage is more than enough to clear it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Iirc, Elusive Ring gives a bit more protection, if you're rolling a bunch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rinkles posted:

Just in case, since this trips up a lot of people: remember to use the color of (non legendary) gem corresponding to the attribute you want boosted. I.e., emerald for dexterity, topaz for intelligence, ruby for strength

Alright, thanks! I'm not quite at the point of pulling the trigger, but I'm definitely glad it doesn't require 3x of each gem (that's what I thought it required.)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rinkles posted:

survivability is useful for any build once you start having to watch your life, no?

gently caress, I was thinking of arcstone lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When was the last time new Legendaries were even added to this game? Necromancer update in 2017?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

When was the last time new Legendaries were even added to this game? Necromancer update in 2017?

There was a patch following the Necro DLC that changed up several set bonuses and added some new items for each class, but that was it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah, it's all hands on deck for Diablo 4 now. I am amazed at the amount of support this game has gotten though. I play the game sporadically once or twice a year since RoS came out and there's always something new.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

it's all hands on deck fingat on lifeboat for Diablo 4 now

ftfy

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Diablo 3 ended up being an excellent game and if D4 is garbage I will still be happy with everything I got out of D3.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

Diablo 3 ended up being an excellent game and if D4 is garbage I will still be happy with everything I got out of D3.

:agreed: It was a long and seemingly tortuous road to get here, but the game is in a real good place. Even with the grab bag of vestigial mechanics still in it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

If D4 is garbage and with Bliz/Activision being in the shape it is now, with the differences in leadership between 2012 and now, I don't know if we'd see that boat turn around the same way D3's did.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

5er posted:

If D4 is garbage and with Bliz/Activision being in the shape it is now, with the differences in leadership between 2012 and now, I don't know if we'd see that boat turn around the same way D3's did.

Is the team behind RoS' success still mostly at Blizzard?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Rinkles posted:

Broken up. Whether part of the layoffs announced (as Bobby Kotick jacked his dick until it bled over 2018 revenue) or reassigned elsewhere, I don't know.

https://screenrant.com/diablo-3-second-expansion-canceled-explained/

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

5er posted:

2013 Bliz: we’re turning off the $$$Real Money Auction House$$$ because it’s ruining the fun.

2019 Bliz: don’t you guys have phones???

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I wouldn't care if it's a side project, but I'm glad D4, if it doesn't end up cancelled, won't be a Dark Souls clone. Wouldn't mind if they borrowed some of DS' aesthetics, though.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Rinkles posted:

Josh Mosqueira (lead behind the console version, loot 2.0 and Reaper of Souls) is long gone

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Well then...

e;
Now if I could just get a Bulkathos Warrior Blood to drop to go with my stack of 100 Bulkathos solemn vows. :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got Primal Tasset of the Waste :hfive:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

just me, or could the game do with a wider variety of useful amulets?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Was just thinking that. Would be nice if Vaxo clones just did what you did at full damage for example.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

bamhand posted:

Was just thinking that. Would be nice if Vaxo clones just did what you did at full damage for example.

Or if the damage was a % based roll like up to 25% on legendary and up to 100% on primal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

what are the odds?

(god, please game, give me a primal i want to use)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
God that makes me wish there was still trading in this game :(

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pretty poor rolls on one while good rolls on the other at least. They first one is probably worse than a lot of ancients

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yeah but I'm not interested in marauding either way

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Rinkles posted:

yeah but I'm not interested in marauding either way

Is impale on maraudars ever useful - like can you do shadow 6 M 4? Guess I can go look...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

squirrelzipper posted:

Is impale on maraudars ever useful - like can you do shadow 6 M 4? Guess I can go look...

Don't Shadow and Marauder overlap on all 6 pieces?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes, it’s impossible to do S2/M6 or vice versa. Nat’s is the only DH set you could mix and match from.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hate when the game's RNG decides to railroad you. I'm trying to make a Jade Doc, and it's given me nothing but Helltooth. Two sets of it! :argh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

I hate when the game's RNG decides to railroad you. I'm trying to make a Jade Doc, and it's given me nothing but Helltooth. Two sets of it! :argh:

We should do rifts together, like 3 pieces of Jade Harvester dropped for another goon I was helping through rifts with my Witch Doctor.

I've been scrapping all other set pieces cause I'm pretty happy with Zunimassa.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I have anciented up every dh but shadow and every barb but IK.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
3 loving Primal drops in the span of like 5 or 6 GR60 runs and none of them are usable.

Well, the Primal Promise of Glory was, but only cause it replaced my non-Ancient Nemesis Bracers.

The Shard of Hate and Rondal's Locket, however, will see no use.

Meanwhile I can't seem to reroll my Bombardment Belt into an Ancient one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Isn't rerolling any armor piece really inefficient?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rinkles posted:

Isn't rerolling any armor piece really inefficient?

Eats up A LOT of resources yea. Better off scrapping whatever it is and running more rifts.

AND GAME, PLEASE I CAN"T HOLD ON TO ALL THESE BULKATHOS SOLEMN VOW!

why no Bulkathos Warrior Blood for marius :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Eats up A LOT of resources yea. Better off scrapping whatever it is and running more rifts.

AND GAME, PLEASE I CAN"T HOLD ON TO ALL THESE BULKATHOS SOLEMN VOW!

why no Bulkathos Warrior Blood for marius :negative:

Yeah I found like 8 vows before finding a single blood