Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This is basically the different kinds of shrimp joke from Forrest Gump

Also drat they must have splurged the animation budget for that one!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
really some great animation of homer sucking on a bunch of food like he's chuggin down some truckers hog

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ughhh

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Musk should launch another Tesla into orbit, except Al Jean is in the driver's seat.

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

also like half the replies were pointing out that a way better joke would be if it were the W&W store, and they could have a bit where lisa starts to flip one over and homer slaps it out of her hand like "watch it! we don't have the rights!" etc

and al jean tweets back "yeah, maybe, probably wouldn't work in table read tho"

I wish I was clever enough and witty enough to comment “I think the real joke is in the upper left corner”

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SirPablo posted:

Musk should launch another Tesla into orbit, except Al Jean is in the driver's seat.

and himself as passenger

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Here is the full Al Jean n&n's exchange for those asking.

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1080512692773965825

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1080562898567598080

Art

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I’m trying to imagine being so proud of the Homer stealing the mascot “joke” that I would tweet smugly about it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also I don't even get what's supposed to be funny about rolling barrels full of n&n's

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Applewhite posted:

I’m trying to imagine being so proud of the Homer stealing the mascot “joke” that I would tweet smugly about it.

I think the actual joke is that homer is covering some on the n to make it look like the m. Even though as people pointed out to him w&w would be much more clever.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

I think the actual joke is that homer is covering some on the n to make it look like the m. Even though as people pointed out to him w&w would be much more clever.

*That’s* the “joke?”

You suck McBain Al Jean!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

This is viscerally unpleasant

Also I hate the "realistic" backgrounds. Too busy, too boring, no thought went into one of them.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The characters look photoshopped in

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

A storm passes over Springfield, and the Simpson family tries to pass it by playing a board game. Suddenly, Lisa spots a tornado that has touched down and sucks up Santa's Little Helper. Homer and Marge leave the children behind to find Santa's Little Helper and are aided by Lenny and Carl. They come across the tornado which nearly sucks everyone up and then traps Homer and Marge inside the intact building of a bank. The police eventually get them out, but Marge is traumatized by the situation. Realizing that the kids do not have proper guardians, she and Homer decide to find someone to pick as the kids' guardian. They try Grandpa, Patty and Selma, Homer's half-brother Herb Powell (who, for reasons unknown, is now poor again), Kirk and Luann Van Houten, and Cletus and Brandine Spuckler, but Homer and Marge reconsider all of them, and eventually rumors spread through Springfield that they are looking for guardians for their children, to which no one else in Springfield wants to take the job.

Homer and Marge decide to search the shoreline for any childless couples and eventually find Mav, a smooth-talking professional surfer. He and his wife Portia, an environmental lawyer, both win the hearts of Bart and Lisa, and the couple agrees to become their guardians under the agreement that they borrow the Simpson children for the weekend. Homer and Marge approve, but after a few weeks spent with each other, they find a family photo of Mav and Portia with their kids and realize that the two are planning to induct them into their family. Marge initially wonders if Mav and Portia are more suitable parents than Homer and she ever were, but Homer reassures her that Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are their children and they are their responsibilities. The two rush over to Mav and Portia's place. Mav and Portia refuse to give up the children, but end up deciding to let them go when the children say that they prefer their parents over them.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Homer just sounds so bored

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

finalellipsis posted:

Yea that's what I noticed the most too, just zero energy behind the line reads, he's just listing poo poo off.

And also there's no jokes, except for the length of the list itself

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Do they get the dog back??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

finalellipsis posted:

I was so bored watching that I had to stop after 30 sec

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

The_Rob posted:

It's like Jimi Hendrix's dog. People come up with way more complicated explanations than the writers ever intended. We're so desperate for the show to include multi-layered and subtle jokes that our brains are inventing them on the show's behalf. But they're not there. The gag is that Homer is stealing a person and thinks it's a candy.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

finalellipsis posted:

And it's weird that he would both pronounce all of the dishes accurately plus have such a sophisticated palate/interest in all of them.

Seems like you should have Lisa encouraging him to be more open minded about culture and using food as the gateway towards that

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Alternately maybe the show could just do without a minute and a half montage of Homer sucking off a bunch of sandwiches

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Old homer would've been like gently caress this poo poo where's the beer and pork chops

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Homer sure does like to eat food lol
:downs:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

All the new "Simpsons go to..." episodes (there are two a seasons), like the celebrity themed episodes, are devoid of satire. Instead of the clever riffing of Homer vs New York, you're basically just looking Al Jean's vacation photos. The Simpsons go to Boston, Lisa falls in love with it because it's bougie af (really? Boston?) and the family decides to permanently move there, until they don't. The Simpsons go to Denmark and the same plot happens.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
did they ever make the promised "The Simpsons are going to Antarctica" episode?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

All the new "Simpsons go to..." episodes (there are two a seasons), like the celebrity themed episodes, are devoid of satire. Instead of the clever riffing of Homer vs New York, you're basically just looking Al Jean's vacation photos. The Simpsons go to Boston, Lisa falls in love with it because it's bougie af (really? Boston?) and the family decides to permanently move there, until they don't. The Simpsons go to Denmark and the same plot happens.

They just write these episodes by reading Wikipedia and tourism brochures.

Then Lisa sets up lovely jokes by literally reading the setup off of Wikipedia or tourism brochures on the show.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Simpsons ate my balls.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

finalellipsis posted:

There was more than one occasion during that when his voice went into Mayor Quimby territory

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Amazing World of Gumball is more Simpsons than the current Simpsons.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Riptor posted:

And it's weird that he would both pronounce all of the dishes accurately plus have such a sophisticated palate/interest in all of them.

New Simpsons: sycophantic homer goes on and on about how much he loves new Orleans

Old Simpsons: New Orleans sues the Simpsons for slander

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

homeless guy posted:

did they ever make the promised "The Simpsons are going to Antarctica" episode?

yes. in "a totally fun thing bart will never do again," the simpsons end up on a cruise ship and bart inadvertantly uses the ship's video library to convince everybody that there is a virus overtaking the entire world. the ships descends into anarchy and they sail towards antarctica. eventually the ruse all falls apart and the simpsons are dumped near a penguin research station

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tree Goat posted:

yes. in "a totally fun thing bart will never do again," the simpsons end up on a cruise ship and bart inadvertantly uses the ship's video library to convince everybody that there is a virus overtaking the entire world. the ships descends into anarchy and they sail towards antarctica. eventually the ruse all falls apart and the simpsons are dumped near a penguin research station

this is real

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cubone posted:

this is real

I remember a cartoon episode with this plot, but was it really The Simpsons?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

THE BAR posted:

I remember a cartoon episode with this plot, but was it really The Simpsons?
yeah I googled it

and it was actually titled "a totally fun thing bart will never do again" :confused:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cubone posted:

and it was actually titled "a totally fun thing bart will never do again" :confused:

I can believe that.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Cubone posted:

yeah I googled it

It’s a reference to David Foster Wallace’s essay about cruise ships, “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again”

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

They are pulling the Michael jackson episode from circulation and streaming

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1103846507181195264?s=20

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

They are pulling the Michael jackson episode from circulation and streaming

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1103846507181195264?s=20

It was still a good episode with a positive message. I have mixed feelings about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Applewhite posted:

The Amazing World of Gumball is more Simpsons than the current Simpsons.