Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Production output is lower, but they're still very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC2dRkm8ATU
Is that the same warehouse the BBC filmed their 2015 outro in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCUq8aUyOtU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I haven't really kept up with F1 shenanigans over the winter break. Can someone give a summary of what's happened to everyone and why Williams is dead?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

keevo posted:

I haven't really kept up with F1 shenanigans over the winter break. Can someone give a summary of what's happened to everyone and why Williams is dead?

1) Ferrari is the best
2) Everyone else sucks
3) But especially Williams

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

I love that Williams is so confident in their car that they're giving Paddy a few months to chill and think of the next big thing. They figure they are months ahead of the competition, they can start developing the car in the summer Brawn GP-style.

This.

Also, I look forward to Williams making the brilliant move of hiring noted galaxy brain and Brexiteer James Dyson to redesign and improve their turbos with his patented dual cyclone vacuum cleaner technology from his new industrial base in Singapore which is totally for strategic reasons during the crucial Asian leg of the F1 season.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

1) Lewis is the best
2) Everyone else sucks
3) But especially Williams

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Since you're all sharing music vids again.

If williams were a performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-39diW00Y

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I think I'll stop reading this thread now...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Khablam posted:

Since you're all sharing music vids again.

If williams were a performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-39diW00Y

Did somebody say music videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jfl21c4Ek

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

Are you Paddy Blows?

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzjPFGlOco

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Proper F1 music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BVn5EvRveM

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'd really appreciate it if everyone stopped ganging up on Williams right now, ok?

We're going through a hard time. We're being run by an absolute clown. Our coup of a signing has turned out to be worse than Sam Michael. It's kind of a difficult moment. Please be gentle.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rebus posted:

Sorry friend. We think you do great work, it's the executives who suck. Please tell someone to get rid of the white parts and just paint the car blue, the gradient is horrendous.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Williams has disgraced the sacred sport of Grand Prix long enough. It should be disbanded.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Btw the name is Paddy Blows because that’s what he’s gonna be doing to pay the rent now.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Right now the only thing that needs to happen is for Claire to gently caress off. Nothing else matters because nothing else will improve until she's deprived of power. She's gone all Margaret Thatcher and plunged Williams into absolute garbage.

We need to skip John Major and go straight to our Tony Blair..... wait...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Corbyn Grand Prix Engineering

E: ah gently caress I keep forgetting I need a Huski av. I am accepting suggestions.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

E: ah gently caress I keep forgetting I need a Huski av. I am accepting suggestions.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Everything about Williams is a loving disaster lmao, like the livery is poo poo, the car is poo poo, the management is poo poo, the drivers are poo poo. It’s like loving HRT levels of garbage. Sell the team Frank, maybe you can buy a spine from Nepalese organ thieves.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
George Russell hella loving owns super loving hard.

Kubica just had that really nice fuzzy factor.

George is going to be in F1 for a long time while Kubica clearly should have taken that Ferrari simulator job that went to Wehrlein. Claire must do what her father never can and walk.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Maybe they should do a podcast instead if they're gonna have that guy on...

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rebus posted:

Unless you're senior management or Lance Stroll you can stay.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Big Huski Boi posted:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Maybe they should do a podcast instead if they're gonna have that guy on...

This is the kind of quality burn that this thread needs more of.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
F1 loving sucks

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you're gonna make fun of Edd Straw you should at least know his dang name

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

If you're gonna make fun of Edd Straw you should at least know his dang name

jesus loving christ THAT'S edd straw?! He writes dem articles good but holy poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

F1 loving sucks

Get a load of this fuccboi

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Just got Newey's book. It has 77 chapters.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:discourse:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
oh jeez i didn't realise a williams employee posted in this thread, i feel really bad now for making GBS threads on them

when i'm making GBS threads on williams its mostly the senior management. to work for any F1 team is a huge accomplishment, don't let my dumbass shitposting take anything away from that

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I feel bad that he works for Williams.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

As long as Kubica gets more than 6 points next year.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

BMW needs to take over Williams or part own them again or something I dont know.

It would be kind of good to have a season where every team is decent enough that they are all fighting for midpack spots at worst.

Unless its Ferrari at the back. Then thats fine.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

freeranger posted:

BMW needs to take over Williams or part own them again or something I dont know.

Not possible. V6 engines.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

This part of the forum is behind a paywall, right? OK here goes.

I'm not Paddy, but I'm on first name terms with him (I'm also not senior management!). We're mostly kept in the dark about everything, there hasn't even been a formal acknowledgement that anything is changing, other than the fact that Paddy's desk is totally clear. Someone joked about putting a little toy elephant on there.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rhopunzel posted:

Stroll driver of the day

Good point op. The biggest problem going into this season for Williams is the loss of his talent and also his money.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Take note: the paywall is not permanent, sometimes it's down.

What you write, though, sounds awfull. I feel for you, and I really hope Williams gets it's poo poo together. Reading this though sounds like there a major problems in upper management/management style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rebus posted:

This part of the forum is behind a paywall, right? OK here goes.

I'm not Paddy, but I'm on first name terms with him (I'm also not senior management!). We're mostly kept in the dark about everything, there hasn't even been a formal acknowledgement that anything is changing, other than the fact that Paddy's desk is totally clear. Someone joked about putting a little toy elephant on there.

Oh dear, you're not Claire Williams' brother are you? The one they only let curate that museum because he stood up to Frank once or something?

Serious question: what's changing jobs like in F1? Do you just pass your cv around the other teams? Is it entirely based on who-you-know clandestine phone calls? Are there f1/motorsports specific recruiters out there?