Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I love pre-patch shitpost party finder

Lol @ spiced rum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Its nice to see that DGKK is still the anime FC

Its animes all the way down.
That chart is making me want to change to Duskwright to be a special snowflake now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gotta admit, I thought my demographic would be the least-represented due to being the most boring possible one: male Hyur Midlander

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kinda lol that you could just chuck the aetheryte earring.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Vitamean posted:

Kinda lol that you could just chuck the aetheryte earring.

Honestly I have no use for this thing besides glamour and 2 (?) new jobs in ShB that I will have levelled passed 70 within a few weeks of launch.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I already posted this on the discord but it's awesome so you get to see it again:

Last night a friend mentioned her friend on twitter was asking for ff14 character pics. Being vain, I immediately went and posted my cat:

Then today I woke up to this:

https://twitter.com/PlushMayhem/status/1103505740101312512

And I can't even begin to describe how happy it made me. Everything is amazing; the god drat axe is killing me, and the expression on my cat's face is spot on.

I'm 100% sure that if I had commissioned a drawing of Val, provided multiple pictures and explained exactly what I thought she was like, I wouldn't have gotten such a perfect rendition back.

:allears:

Go follow them, and consider commissioning something because they bloody well deserve it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That's great. And the dragonthingy on the axe. :3:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Griz posted:

Brayflox hard big pulls were a thing even back when the best available gear was i90 and healers had to deal with old cleric stance. if you see tanks who can't do it now, either they didn't bother equipping any of the gear they got from quests, or they aren't pressing any cooldowns at all.

I was talking about Brayflox Normal, which has a level (and thus, as a sub-50 dungeon, matching item sync) of like 35 or something. Brayflox Hard has a recommended item level of 55, which means that even if all you have is i90 you're already set to utterly butcher the dungeon since the sync goes all the way up to 110.

You can absolutely do giant monsterpulls in sub-50 dungeons, but both your tank and healer have to be paying a lot of attention because the nature of the item sync system means you can't get nearly as large of a gear lead over them when compared to 50 dungeons. And a lot of the time it just isn't worth it because your DPS' AoE might be lacking.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BRD's DoTs are good because they're the entire point of the job so once you get in the swing of things you can't really forget about them.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If there was a way to have my DoTs/debuffs show up next to enemies in the threat list I would absolutely L U V dot classes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jokes posted:

If there was a way to have my DoTs/debuffs show up next to enemies in the threat list I would absolutely L U V dot classes.

PS4 limitations

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Edmond Dantes posted:

WHO GAVE THIS CAT AN AXE

No Paissa, 6/10

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/kumaekake/status/1103283508221423618

I'm sad that I can't afford the mount so it goes

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Griz posted:

Brayflox hard big pulls were a thing even back when the best available gear was i90 and healers had to deal with old cleric stance. if you see tanks who can't do it now, either they didn't bother equipping any of the gear they got from quests, or they aren't pressing any cooldowns at all.

As mentioned, you could pull a 20 mob conga line in Brayflox Hard in i90 because the mobs didn’t hit hard at all even on release.

I have definitely seen tanks try to pull a balls to the wall run in Brayflox Normal and it always ends with disastrous results. Either non-BLM just aren’t capable of that kind of sustainable AOE, or some just end up sleeping mobs anyway so what was even the point. You could try that poo poo on the big room before the 3rd boss and even if the tank is kept alive, it still takes forever

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah BFLS normal will destroy you if you try to pull big. It's the perfect mix of hard-hitting enemies and 34 being an awkward level for just about every class.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I found a use for the Flower Crown.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Any particular food to make/buy off marketboard for Stormblood gathering/crafting? Just wrapped up Heavensward crafting and entering Stormblood.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
whatever's cheap and has most of the correct stats

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

DontMindMe posted:

Any particular food to make/buy off marketboard for Stormblood gathering/crafting? Just wrapped up Heavensward crafting and entering Stormblood.

Think Matcha is still the best for crafting, but make sure it works with your gear/melds. Can't remember gathering food offhand; usually it's one with enough GP to get you to the next breakpoint (like, say, 800) plus the same for Gathering or Perception.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The tempura they sell in Kugane has gotten 5 of my crafters to 70 and the other 3 arent far behind. Only 2k a pop for ~40 CP

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've been told that modern Pagos takes ~ 3 days and I kinda want the Hydatos gun skin, so I guess I'm doing Pagos over the weekend.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
I think it's been mentioned in the thread but I can't seem to find it, but what's progression look like for Eureka these days? I did Anemos pretty hard but took a break from the game shortly after Pagos launched and I've never set foot in it. Should I keep leveling (currently 20) in Anemos or get right into Pagos? Are NM trains for EXP still a thing, or do people group up to knock out the challenge log?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I found a use for the Flower Crown.

I love this.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

every time i go to eureka, i find something new that makes me loathe it more, and i leave

a few days later i figure surely it can't get worse, and now that i know what to brace myself for i can be ready for it

so i go back in

and yet again some awful new thing worms its way up to the surface and makes me so pointlessly mad

i cannot loving believe this ever shipped

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is there a way to make a hotkey auto-change to a different ability? It would be nice if I could have one key be the first and second strike of my combo as long as the combo is active.

Also I did my first labyrinth duty finder raid last night and I ate poo poo all over the place and had no idea what I was doing and still got what I think were some pity commendations (or more likely, random commendations from people going for the challenge).

Game is good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Is there a way to make a hotkey auto-change to a different ability? It would be nice if I could have one key be the first and second strike of my combo as long as the combo is active.

Nope!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Potassium Problems posted:

I think it's been mentioned in the thread but I can't seem to find it, but what's progression look like for Eureka these days? I did Anemos pretty hard but took a break from the game shortly after Pagos launched and I've never set foot in it. Should I keep leveling (currently 20) in Anemos or get right into Pagos? Are NM trains for EXP still a thing, or do people group up to knock out the challenge log?
People do still do the NM train in Pagos but the map design there is rear end so you should probably get a couple levels in Anemos first yeah. People tend to do their challenge logs in Anemos so you can probably find parties there.

Once you get to a certain point in the Pagos story you'll have to collect light and at that point you'll want to look for dedicated farming parties (or do the Trick). NMs aren't a very good way to accrue light, in general.

After Pagos though the train gets derailed, and most groups tend to split between NM/bunny groups that spend most of their time idling until something spawns and the actual prep groups that are trying to spawn them.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I only started Eureka in this last patch. So far, I don't hate it, but its not like, super awful either. It reminds me of the everquest days where'd you chill with the same group for a few hours and poo poo up shout with everyone else in the zone. I'm just leveling to see BA because I'm stupid and would like the mount, but I also only go in there if there's nothing else I want to do. Its nice content to do if you want to make progress, but tune out for a while.

Meanwhile on my path to EL 20, I've made 3 relics without really trying. The hardest part has been figuring how all of the poo poo works.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Potassium Problems posted:

NM trains are definitely still a thing. You may want to wait until level 23/25 to unlock the top left/top right aetherytes in Pagos. If you're doing challenge log you'll have better luck doing it in Anemos, since there anyone higher level than 20 will be synced to 20 and will want to kill the same (level 18 elemental or 20 sprite/ashkin) enemies as you.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This thread still makes me laugh.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/199753-Theres-not-enough-macro-space-to-play-Ninja.

quote:

Assassinate/Mercy stroke has to macro'd to every attack AND most cooldowns also macro into attack buttons, otherwise theres just too many buttons. 12 is the most ill ever button.

And since its a melee class I will want to macro Target Enemy to most of the attacks.

No and its not only my problem. IM sure there are others out there without enough macro space to play ninja.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

every time i go to eureka, i find something new that makes me loathe it more, and i leave

a few days later i figure surely it can't get worse, and now that i know what to brace myself for i can be ready for it

so i go back in

and yet again some awful new thing worms its way up to the surface and makes me so pointlessly mad

i cannot loving believe this ever shipped

Would a chauffer help?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also I did my first labyrinth duty finder raid last night and I ate poo poo all over the place and had no idea what I was doing and still got what I think were some pity commendations (or more likely, random commendations from people going for the challenge).

Game is good.

Don’t macro your abilities!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

quote:

/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Haymaker" <t>
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/ac "Repelling Shot" <t>
/ac "Blunt Arrow" <t>
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
/ac "Blood for Blood" <me>
/ac "Internal Release" <me>
/ac "Barrage" <me>
/ac "Hawk's Eye" <me>
/ac "Quelling Strikes" <me>
/ac Mantra <me>
/micon "Heavy Shot"

/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Haymaker" <t>
/ac "Straight Shot" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/ac "Repelling Shot" <t>
/ac "Blunt Arrow" <t>
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
/ac "Blood for Blood" <me>
/ac "Internal Release" <me>
/ac "Barrage" <me>
/ac "Hawk's Eye" <me>
/ac "Quelling Strikes" <me>
/ac Mantra <me>
/micon "Straight Shot"

Macros with menacing auras.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Nada. Macros are (intentionally) poorly supported for combat actions to prevent situations like RIFT where you could bind your entire rotation to a single button and mash it. There's a single edge case (ground-targeted persistent AoEs like Salted Earth, Shadow Flare, etc.) where macroing is worth it, since it can take too much time to try and manually place them.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

fwiw i comm for kickass glams or good attitude more than actual game performance

i could give a poo poo how bad you are if youre entertaining and/or you look rad doing it

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If that's a troll, I applaud them. Either way that's some good poo poo.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Would a chauffer help?

i think at this point i've done most of everything i'd need a chauffer for, outside of enabling one aetheryte

i'm level 13 and collected all the magicite available to me

should i just be hopping the NM train now? my concern is that as someone who can't mount up yet i won't be able to keep up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

i think at this point i've done most of everything i'd need a chauffer for, outside of enabling one aetheryte

i'm level 13 and collected all the magicite available to me

should i just be hopping the NM train now? my concern is that as someone who can't mount up yet i won't be able to keep up
You really should have been on the train for awhile, at that point. Keeping up isn't a huge problem, and most groups will have at least one person with a two seater that will probably give you a ride if you ask

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

homeless snail posted:

You really should have been on the train for awhile, at that point. Keeping up isn't a huge problem, and most groups will have at least one person with a two seater that will probably give you a ride if you ask

well, until now first i heard people saying "nobody is spawning low level NMs so you have to level up first", and then people saying around level 15 ish

i just hopped on one for the past 30 minutes or so; we killed two NMs, it's a bit in disarray, and i've only gotten like a quarter of a level out of all this. seems a bit slow for actual leveling, but the main thing i want is just the anemos weapon so i guess i'll just hoover up crystals by rezzing people trying to kill enemies i can barely even damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't even get challenge log credit from the mobs we kill trying to spawn the NM in the first place :sigh: