Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

got suspended for an hour for shooting a friendly named after Himmler

Doing the lord's work.

Is arty really the 'easiest' way to farm the frontlines rank? I'd feel dirty doing it, but I'd like to grind out as much as I can early on in case life gets in the way of grinding down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Just say "Hitler was a horrible man" I am sure that'll get WGNA mods to chat ban you.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A friendly 4005 spawned and tked our arty so I put an HE round into the back of his head and then told him "if you got the balls come put one in me". 30 seconds later I explode for max 1950 health as he does TK me. Proceeds to turns blue and continue to be allowed to play even after doing over 2,400 damage to friendlies.

Go ham on team damage friends.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Never not shoot blues, and never not bait people to turn blue.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Doing the lord's work.

Is arty really the 'easiest' way to farm the frontlines rank? I'd feel dirty doing it, but I'd like to grind out as much as I can early on in case life gets in the way of grinding down the road.

I think the general consensus is that yes, playing arty and shooting tanks on the cap circle is the easiest way to grind ranks. But what you gain in efficiency you lose in wanting to claw your eyeballs out playing arty

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Barry posted:

I think the general consensus is that yes, playing arty and shooting tanks on the cap circle is the easiest way to grind ranks. But what you gain in efficiency you lose in wanting to claw your eyeballs out playing arty

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Being legally blind doesn't immediately preclude you from potentially being in the top quartile of players of this drat game, most of my teammates seem to act like they are.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/videos/swedish-medium-tanks-video-0319/ hmmmmmm sweaty meds, start doing daily doubles in your tier 7 medium swedish td with crew exp off

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 7, 2019

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tahirovic posted:

Just say "Hitler was a horrible man" I am sure that'll get WGNA mods to chat ban you.

I'll always cherish the time I said "Rommel was called the desert fox cause at the first sign of danger he'd jump in a fox hole and piss himself" and a T57 Heavy on my team with Rommel in his name put one of his shells into my back.

:allears:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Il80XXHPI

The new swedish mediums look genuinely interesting to play.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So I'm interested in playing this game, but the op is a few years out of date. Where do I go to piss off other goons with my noobish behaviour?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

So I'm interested in playing this game, but the op is a few years out of date. Where do I go to piss off other goons with my noobish behaviour?

What region? If NA/US, we have a casual goon clan (PANSY) and a Discord server. There's also a goon presence on EU, AFAIK.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I'm EU, but I can normally play on NA servers without issues.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

I'm EU, but I can normally play on NA servers without issues.

Well your account is separate between regions/server clusters. If you start playing there you can still log into the same account on US but with a fresh account. Anyways, if you still do intend to play here, here's a 24-hour Discord link. Either post in the auth thread or message me (Atomizer#6483) when you get there.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Dance Officer posted:

Oh no. Stop, before it's too late. Don't do this to yourself.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I remember when the 121 was unique with its alpha, then they added the 430U, now the swede mans are going to roll in and poo poo on that even more. RIP 121.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I remember when the 121 was unique with its alpha, then they added the 430U, now the swede mans are going to roll in and poo poo on that even more. RIP 121.
I know right? It's almost as if WG has no loving idea what they're doing.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I'm just hoping the crew layout for the new MT line is the same as the Primo so I can actually use Sabaton together.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Having a normal one tonight.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
https://imgur.com/a/X1RgVMN this is a picture story of a game i had mostly a story about a very sneaky type 5.. not really more like my team is something else :) only a couple minutes in too

also.. im up to 4 sheriff kills today https://imgur.com/a/eZ3RmQR

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 8, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

https://imgur.com/a/X1RgVMN this is a picture story of a game i had mostly a story about a very sneaky type 5.. not really more like my team is something else :) only a couple minutes in too

Did your team ever figure out how to win the 3v1 against the Skorp in the center?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Having a normal one tonight.

I love my Tiger 131. Moreso after seeing the real thing up close.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Did your team ever figure out how to win the 3v1 against the Skorp in the center?

yeah, just now added the last picture of the replay in the link at this time i clicked exit because i knew this type 5 was gonna grind my gears being near full hp vs multiple 1 shot enemies and ru251 rushed out into the middle of them for no reason lol it was probably a loss not sure how to check since i left before it ended

main thing there though is my team let a type 5 drive down the middle of the map at 12min mark then flank them on the east flank pretty much untouched LOL imagine doing that in a type 5, oh yeah after he cleared the east flank he came back and sat on our cap and died there

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 8, 2019

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Not specifically tanks-related but Woot has the 2nd-gen (2014-2016) Astro A50 on sale for $90. I still play on a 1st-gen A50 (2012-2013) that's going strong after nearly 5 years in my hands (bought it refurb'd on Amazon) and one battery change a few months ago made it like new. Absolutely one of if not the most comfortable headsets I've ever worn, and I think it sounds great both for gaming and music. They normally retail for ~$300 new, and even this 2nd-gen refurb is worth it at this sale price so I might get another one myself.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I enjoy the race cars but the T9 so far has been the worst for me. I actually thought the lynx was great but the T9 has nothing go for it besides it seems harder to control.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
hey, would anyone mind posting a discord invite? i've been playing this in basically all my spare time and want to talk about it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

hey, would anyone mind posting a discord invite? i've been playing this in basically all my spare time and want to talk about it

Why would you do this to yourself?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Haven't really played the Obj 430 since I had the T10 when they switched them around, this is quickly becoming one my favorite go to T9's.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

so i did a grand battle and my team only lost two tanks, dont know what else to say other than im saving this battle result.. http://wotreplays.eu/site/4807125#teams

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

https://discord.gg/7B6PeV

Are you on NA/US? What's your Discord account name and WoT IGN?

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Atomizer posted:

https://discord.gg/7B6PeV

Are you on NA/US? What's your Discord account name and WoT IGN?

US. wot name is jungleclams, discord id is gay jack nicholson#2732

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Captain Blargh and myself teamed up tonight in a bunch of T7 battles but we felt this last game we played is worthy for you guys to view:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4807377#live_oaks-katamari_democracy-is-2

I got a little wild and decided to drive through a swamp to help conceal myself. This immedietly got me spotted but with the help of top tier it was also a good way to see everyone else for everyone on my side to shoot at. Enjoy!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

US. wot name is jungleclams, discord id is gay jack nicholson#2732

Ok, auth'd you on Discord and sent you a clan invite.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Haven't really played the Obj 430 since I had the T10 when they switched them around, this is quickly becoming one my favorite go to T9's.

Its a very good tank and has almost 0 grind to the tier 10 as well. No pointless modules/guns/turrets etc.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Quickybaby completed the EBR marathon on his free-to-play account.

In 580 matches, and 55 hours. :catstare:

He figured he sat through a total of five hours of 30-second timers at the beginning of the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ip1A7RhG64

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
2 hours of paid work or nearly 2 weeks of free work for a premium tank, hard choice.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Rincewinds posted:

2 hours of paid work or nearly 2 weeks of free work for a premium tank, hard choice.

no choices here -only addictions-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Man looks like they'll have the lovely Frontline ceasefire in euro mornings again. Really wonder wtf they do that.