Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

And since it's a junior college they can still have uniforms.

But I want the pres' middle-school fashion sense to be a plot point again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really dig the Newspaper club spin-off cause it shows the events of the main manga from different perspectives.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-want-to-talk-about-kaguya/en/0/26/page/1

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Happy birthday to Fujiwara and Ishigami

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

El Burbo posted:

Happy birthday to Fujiwara and Ishigami

Good attention to detail! :allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I really dig the Newspaper club spin-off cause it shows the events of the main manga from different perspectives.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-want-to-talk-about-kaguya/en/0/26/page/1

"Even Hayasaka has only a 9/8 win-loss record against Subject F"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No chapter next week, manga is taking a break

(There is one this week)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I must be a horrible person, but Kaguya's palpable misery when they are playing Fujiwara's Game of Life each time she has to pay gift money when the president has kids (with -actual- freaking money) might be the funniest panels ever drawn.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Sephyr posted:

I must be a horrible person, but Kaguya's palpable misery when they are playing Fujiwara's Game of Life each time she has to pay gift money when the president has kids (with -actual- freaking money) might be the funniest panels ever drawn.

Her just casually having 100,000 Yen in her wallet made me laugh a lot harder than I should have. That entire chapter is fantastic.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kaguya Chapter 141 is out!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/141/page/1

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
OH wow, didn't expect that from Kuuguya

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There's no update next week, right?

FUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKK

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I can't believe a loving romcom manga of L things is taking a week off with a cliffhanger like that. Holy poo poo.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Wow, I can't believe Kaguya-chan is dead. Talk about being rare

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Rise, Black Kaguya!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm really hoping that Ice Queen Kaguya doesn't torpedo all the progress we've made so far. This manga is usually better than that, but still...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm really hoping that Ice Queen Kaguya doesn't torpedo all the progress we've made so far. This manga is usually better than that, but still...

Why would she? First is the fact that it’s not like kaguya has some multiple personality disorder or something, this is is just a visual metaphor for her choosing the rational part of her mind over the emotional one. It’s still Kaguya, and the rational part of her mind is still in love, and that was made quite clear in the chapter.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ice Kaguya instantly becomes the best version of Kaguya, what were the odds of that happening? :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Doubt it. Ice Queen Kaguya's behavior throughout that chapter pretty explicitly confirms that she wants to progress forward.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She's going to demand he kiss her back to make it even.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

^^ thats what I think as well

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm concerned about this too, but hopefully that's not the case, as has been addressed above.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That said, Ice Kaguya is certainly more skeptical about the plan to attend Stanford with him.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It was also pointed out that she was a woman of her word so despite her misgivings she's going to be serious about it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She skeptical of it because her logic fears her father most of all, since he’s poo poo

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This is gonna be a long two weeks

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

This is gonna be a long two weeks

At least the anime is in the lead up to Fireworks at this point. It'll still be a good few weeks even without new Kaguya manga chapters.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

At least the anime is in the lead up to Fireworks at this point. It'll still be a good few weeks even without new Kaguya manga chapters.

They are also quite good at tossing in funny little details. Like Fujiwara trying to non-chalantly whistle after he bribe attempt, failing, and basically just blowingair in increasingly goofy ways in the background as she tries harder.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like that Shirogane's big romantic plan was so dramatic and perfect that it's caused Kaguya to have a breakdown and change into two entirely different personalities.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When Icekaguya asks for coffee, I believe she wants to be alert while having a serious discussion about their future (and mention how cautious they need to be regarding father).
And then ask to be kissed back.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Really hoping the Shinomiya' father arc ends quickly and ideally with her father and his cronies getting vaporized

I want the loose ends to be tied but hhhngh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/kaguya_comic/status/1103204906071076865?s=21

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/aynucd/official_statement_from_aka_fujiwaras_iq_is_over/

quote:

Q&A from Kaguya-sama’s Anime Twitter Page

Q. I have a question about Fujiwara’s “Eh? My IQ? It’s 3!” from chapter 15 “Shirogane Miyuki wants to run away.” Is this her actual IQ? Or is this Fujiwara’s IQ from Kaguya’s perspective? Or did Fujiwara simply misunderstand what IQ means?

A. (Answered by Akasaka-sensei) It’s just a visual representation of what Kaguya thinks about Fujiwara. In actuality, Fujiwara’s IQ is over 130.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Nice to see that confirmed, although it was pretty obvious from how she acts.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Fujiwara is actually an evil mastermind, her only weakness is that she loves Kaguya and could never malign her.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
There is only one force who can hope to defeat Kaguya's father: Papa Shirogane.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I hope Kaguya's father gets beat by all of the student council and Kaguya's maid working together, and that Kaguya at least helps the plan a little and isn't the standard Damsel in distress. Having seen similar plot beats in other manga/anime, my bar for this is low enough that just having her do something to help beat him is enough for me, she doesn't have to be the main force behind it.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

NowonSA posted:

I hope Kaguya's father gets beat by all of the student council and Kaguya's maid working together, and that Kaguya at least helps the plan a little and isn't the standard Damsel in distress. Having seen similar plot beats in other manga/anime, my bar for this is low enough that just having her do something to help beat him is enough for me, she doesn't have to be the main force behind it.

Given what the latest chapter revealed I think she's well ahead on the curve on anti-Father strategies

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kaguya-San, Do you find it Risible when I say...

DAI-CHINCHIN?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
:laffo: :laffo:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Grouchio posted:

Kaguya-San, Do you find it Risible when I say...

DAI-CHINCHIN?

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Empress Dai-Chinchin :laffo: