Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fhqwhgads posted:

Pretty much the same. Also it's cheap. I'll take a $35/mo garbo gym that's 3 blocks away over the $200/mo fancy gym 4 blocks away or the $250/mo legit PL gym that's a few subway stops away.

I may never know the joy of lifting with straight bars or platforms or bumpers or without the risk of contracting tetanus but I've been able to squat 400+ and DL 500+ without it so far.

Yeah, this is how I think about my Y membership. The equipment isn't fancy and the machines (when I'm bored enough to use cable or free machines) are nothing special but it's cheap and convenient and I don't need anything more right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

After lifting / benching for something like 18 months nonstop now I discovered this morning that if I try to backpaddle on a raft it is so loving weak and painful that I am a less useful contributor than a bunch of 70 year olds

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My gym literally just has a bench, incline bench and a squat rack. And I guess a doohickey to row the bar, but that's pretty much it as far as lifting equipment. But it's free and in my office building so I can lift on company time so eh :shrug:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

mobby_6kl posted:

My gym literally just has a bench, incline bench and a squat rack. And I guess a doohickey to row the bar, but that's pretty much it as far as lifting equipment. But it's free and in my office building so I can lift on company time so eh :shrug:

I would kill for your job.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Getting paid to lift is even cooler than getting paid to browse the forums.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
My bank has a PL team and if I worked in the hq I'd be using their gym all the time.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

VorpalFish posted:

Doesn't he primarily pull sumo in competition himself?

Yeah but his conventional is still 800+ so I think he'd do fine.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

After lifting / benching for something like 18 months nonstop now I discovered this morning that if I try to backpaddle on a raft it is so loving weak and painful that I am a less useful contributor than a bunch of 70 year olds

after lifting solidly and never paying much attention to stretching or mobility until last year, i now do a weekly session with a mobility coach separate to my strength program and she is always losing her poo poo laughing at how hosed up and tight/weak i am when it comes to basic functions and movement patterns. i break into an ungodly sweat doing things like j-curls and dead-ants, reverse crunches and side adductor planks. its pretty embarassing.

can lift huge as stones ans yokes and deadlifts but cry like a little girl when she gets me to stretch for more than 5 seconds. its helpijg though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sludge Tank posted:

after lifting solidly and never paying much attention to stretching or mobility until last year, i now do a weekly session with a mobility coach separate to my strength program and she is always losing her poo poo laughing at how hosed up and tight/weak i am when it comes to basic functions and movement patterns. i break into an ungodly sweat doing things like j-curls and dead-ants, reverse crunches and side adductor planks. its pretty embarassing.

can lift huge as stones ans yokes and deadlifts but cry like a little girl when she gets me to stretch for more than 5 seconds. its helpijg though.

Add a day or two a week of yoga (power or flow) and it helps a gently caress load.

Yoga and lifting go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
yeah im not gonna do yoga. but i do have a golfball attachment fitted to a DeWalt jigsaw that acts like a loving awesome massage gun

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Sunday yoga is on my list of things to add if I can find a local place that focuses on mobility instead of realigning my butt chakra.

Like you Sludge I'm inflexible as gently caress and it's getting pretty embarrassing.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

office gym is the only reason i go to the gym reliably now

still very weak though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sludge Tank posted:

yeah im not gonna do yoga. but i do have a golfball attachment fitted to a DeWalt jigsaw that acts like a loving awesome massage gun

Hey I have that same thing and it’s awesome.

Yeah but yoga is awesome and yoga women are super awesome and friendly. It’s really a win win.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Here's the full 2019 Arnold Strongman Classic deadlift event, if you want to watch people who are way stronger than you, lift crazy weights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75Y85FSljs

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 7, 2019

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Sludge Tank posted:

It sounds like you hired a domme tbh

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah add a pegging session to that and she's hired

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sludge Tank posted:

Toxic masculinity at its finest.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I run tactical manoeuvrability training workshops with a camo pattern dress code.

Start with Ultimate Warrior pose, then we'll break out our massage guns.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
There are a lot of women in yoga

just fyi

just throwing that out there

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Collapsing Farts posted:

There are a lot of women in yoga

just fyi

just throwing that out there

toxic masculinity at its finest

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think the thing i hate about a lot of yoga is that its supposed to be relaxing. And putting me into a room of attractive women while i make sex noises and faces while i miserably fail to chaturanga and someone keeps telling me to breathe and relax in a cult leader voice is the least relaxing thing i can imagine. I did some private yoga lessons with a lady who just put on some regular human music and talked to me in a regular human way and it was very relaxing and enjoyable

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fhqwhgads posted:

Sunday yoga is on my list of things to add if I can find a local place that focuses on mobility instead of realigning my butt chakra.

Like you Sludge I'm inflexible as gently caress and it's getting pretty embarrassing.

:same:

Well over a decade ago a chiropractor told me I had the flexibility of an 80 year old grandma, then walked it back and said he'd seen octogenarians with better flexibility.

I have avoided yoga because I don't want to creep on women, and the only way to do that is to take a spot in the front, which would expose my gangly rear end to the back.I know this is a dumb rationale don't @me

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

david carmichael posted:

I think the thing i hate about a lot of yoga is that its supposed to be relaxing. And putting me into a room of attractive women while i make sex noises and faces while i miserably fail to chaturanga and someone keeps telling me to breathe and relax in a cult leader voice is the least relaxing thing i can imagine. I did some private yoga lessons with a lady who just put on some regular human music and talked to me in a regular human way and it was very relaxing and enjoyable

maybe an all dude yoga class would be more ur thing?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Theres a guy at the gym wearing a shirt that says TREN. I like that brazenness

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Never listen to a drat word one of those back rubbin "doctors" says

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

david carmichael posted:

Theres a guy at the gym wearing a shirt that says TREN. I like that brazenness

I feel like most people on Tren don't need the t-shirt but it's a nice courtesy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

:same:

Well over a decade ago a chiropractor told me I had the flexibility of an 80 year old grandma, then walked it back and said he'd seen octogenarians with better flexibility.

I have avoided yoga because I don't want to creep on women, and the only way to do that is to take a spot in the front, which would expose my gangly rear end to the back.I know this is a dumb rationale don't @me

Just go in the front no one cares really. Yoga is literally like the least judgmental activity. Also you get real real good at using your peripheral vision.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Just go in the front no one cares really. Yoga is literally like the least judgmental activity.
I know, I know. I'm contemplating alternating yoga and cardio in the evenings a couple times a week. I know it conflicts with the gains, but I can be lean and strong to a point.

MarcusSA posted:

Also you get real real good at using your peripheral vision.
:lol:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fuckin love nu-Nancy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Just look up yoga videos on YouTube and follow along if you're that self concious.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Gaunab posted:

Just look up yoga videos on YouTube and follow along if you're that self concious.

I did that one time and i tried to fight the tv because the lady kept telling me to do things that made no sense, and would then tell me to relax and breathe

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Now chaturanga to vagsifsavanah, then gently updog. Open your spirit to the sky

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Honestly if you can do this more power to you but yoga is one of those things where being in a class and having a teacher can really help.

Also two days a week of yoga absolutely won’t interfere with gains. Hand stands are awesome and yoga really works your core.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

david carmichael posted:

Now chaturanga to vagsifsavanah, then gently updog. Open your spirit to the sky

Please note that you made me look like a goof in my morning commute thanks to this comment.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
If yoga is not your thing, find a good Licensed Massage Therapist who specializes in deep tissue massage. It has done wonders for me.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just use your muscles to lure in a sexually aggressive petite woman who will beat you

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Just do one of the eight billion yoga routines on youtube in your living room you weirdo goons

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

CheesyDog posted:

Just use your muscles to lure in a sexually aggressive petite woman who will beat you

But when I look like I can get this couch into my van by myself, how am I supposed to ask a petite woman to help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Data Graham posted:

Fuckin love nu-Nancy

The improvement over goddamn Guy Gilchrist is really something.