Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That's Brock's voice actor isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Fawf posted:

you'd all pick robin's fruit and you know it

I mean, I won't deny that.

But Law's fruit would also be incredibly broken and useful.
Even if I would just use it to grab the remote from the other side of the couch.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

oddium posted:

if you could have any of the fruit which one would it be. i would probably take the door door fruit or the silence one

The correct answer is the Pika Pika fruit. Like right now I would use it to travel fast enough so that tomorrow would happen in the blink of an eye. :science:

That and lasers.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Umm I like surfing so none of them.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Puckish Rogue posted:

Umm I like surfing so none of them.

Then the swim-swim fruit obvs.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

That rock fruit that Pica had

Just reshape entire landscapes, effectively teleport anywhere that the rock structures reach

That's the life

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Absolutely the Door Door Fruit. Air Doors are absolutely loving world breaking, I mean it's effectively flying, invisibility, and psuedo-teleportation all at once. I don't know if there's some drawback to it that Oda never mentioned or something but that would be rad as heck.

It's not really even pseudo-teleportation; Blueno did have to travel between doors in that weird dimensional space. It'd generally be quicker, since you'd be going in a straight line, but it would be really tiring and exhausting to do for very long and across large distances (and might even be slower than normal depending on the distance). It being a personal pocket dimension is incredibly rad though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dragonatrix posted:

It's not really even pseudo-teleportation; Blueno did have to travel between doors in that weird dimensional space. It'd generally be quicker, since you'd be going in a straight line, but it would be really tiring and exhausting to do for very long and across large distances (and might even be slower than normal depending on the distance). It being a personal pocket dimension is incredibly rad though.

Put that way, it seems a lot like the Mirror-Mirror fruit, except able to open its own portals.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
spoilers out seem to confirm a theory that a few ppl had that i hadn't been aware of until now

one of the scabbards is supposedly an otter-mink that wears a straw hat. https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Kawamatsu this guy apparently. the idea of the minks washing up on Wano and being protected by Oden is one of the cooler lore things for me, so im excited to learn more

quick q - all three of Oden, Neko and Inu were on rogers ship when they reached Raftel, right?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Put that way, it seems a lot like the Mirror-Mirror fruit, except able to open its own portals.

Yeah, I didn't think of it before but it does seem like it's basically just a better version of the Mira Mira no mi really.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
didn't the mira mira fruit change the appearance of things too?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

tbp posted:

quick q - all three of Oden, Neko and Inu were on rogers ship when they reached Raftel, right?

They were on his ship and sailed with them for a while but I don’t think it was explicitly stated that they reached raftel together.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

JahRoo posted:

They were on his ship and sailed with them for a while but I don’t think it was explicitly stated that they reached raftel together.

I think that Oden was there at Raftel, but the minks had left the crew by then.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

rogers crew is so interesting, i hope we really do get more of a picture of it as we go. buggy and shanks as the crewboys, oden (and the minks for some time), rayleigh, crocus, etc. i wanna know who else was there, and if they're major figures in the world.

wano being so isolated is a great narrative thing, because we can have characters that otherwise should be major world players in terms of strength and the like are perhaps fairly unknown. its a great time to introduce a narrative technique like that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oda is clearly having ludicrous amounts of fun with what might be his most planned arc

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Mulderman posted:

I mean, I won't deny that.

But Law's fruit would also be incredibly broken and useful.
Even if I would just use it to grab the remote from the other side of the couch.

I would use it to skip the TSA lines at airports

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

True, teleportation is the wrong word for it, but being able to slip into the uh atmosphere or whatever and just walk through that space to get where I want to go would be rad. And like another poster said, no need to find a mirror on the other end. The only question is how the dimension interacts with the real world. We only really saw Blueno use it to travel between train cars and get away from Luffy on that big flat tower, so whether it's the other side of our own world and he still had to make the jump between the cars or if you can just walk freely wherever in the air like it's solid ground would be the big queston as to whether it's useful for travel beyond being able to ignore walls. Also, is there Air in the Air Doors? I mean, I assume so, but who knows what's going on in there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'd go with Bonney's fruit, especially if it let me destroy my enemies Last Crusade style.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Jose posted:

Oda is clearly having ludicrous amounts of fun with what might be his most planned arc

The best part is it’s happening so far into a massive story, and instead of his plan getting knocked off the rails by all the changes he has made along the way, it seems it’s only gotten better.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

I'd go with Bonney's fruit, especially if it let me destroy my enemies Last Crusade style.

If you can control all aspects of aging, then yeah. Basically just bump into your target in a crowd and bam they're withered

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
*banging fork and knife on table*

new chapter! new chapter!!

*entire table starts banging on table and stomping feet*

new chapter!! new chapter!!

*restaurant is in chaos, the waitstaff is crying*

new chapter! new chapter!!!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
New chapter out. Can't link it right now.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Mraagvpeine posted:

New chapter out. Can't link it right now.

Forums are dying, here's the chapter

I love this cover page

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Queen is fun.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Queen is fun.

The list part was super hilarious.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Queen is fun.

This was my first thought. I can't wait to see more

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm two or three weeks clean from Jump scans now but goddamn Wano and a break make for a deadly combination.

help I'm relapsing, gotta read that chap

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Crazy to think Queen's bounty is 153 million more than Katakuri's and King's is likely even higher.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
hahahahahahha this is a mini training arc for luffy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still love how the title page in these scans is Pirate Pimp Luffy.

As much as the pirates in this can get nominally so at times, it is absolutely historically accurate to dress as gaudily as possible.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

hahahahahahha this is a mini training arc for luffy

Called it. Luffy did just get his rear end handed to him, makes sense that he'd take the opportunity of being hobbled in a unique way to do some DBZ style training. Forced labour has its downsides!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why is Obelix in one piece now.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Super Rad posted:

Crazy to think Queen's bounty is 153 million more than Katakuri's and King's is likely even higher.

wow one saibnaman is as strong as raditz thats crazy

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I assume he's been a right oval office for a long time whilst Katakuri was spending a lot of time buying scarves.

Bounty ain't power level, don't crush your scouter just yet

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i mean by the same token it DOES seem as if big mom's crew has a greater breadth of top tier non pushovers, whereas the beast pirates as a whole seem fairly poo poo after the top gang

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i just remembered that otoko, nami and thegirls are all in the red light district as queen explicitly said lets go there after dealing w/ the prison poo poo so that'll be fun

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

wait
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/7/7a/Hyogoro_20_Years_Ago.png/revision/latest?cb=20190308122015
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/a/a8/Sakazuki%27s_Tattoos.png/revision/latest?cb=20100825205438

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They both like cherry blossoms?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

akainu is one of the samurai and is gonna come save the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Look, even total dickholes can have good tattoo taste.