Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

Drone posted:

I've been having a hankering for Baldur's Gate lately. The Beamdog remasters pretty much all require you to have an actual tablet because of the UI, right? Or would the experience be OK on a larger phone (like a Note 9)?

I've played most of the Beamdog games on my Note 5, it's not ideal but its also not completely miserable and definitely doable. You'll just be a little slower and mispress stuff now and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have a Jigsaw Puzzle app they like?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Penguin Patrol posted:

I love Glass Masquerade. I think a sequel is coming out soon too. Just a super pleasing and relaxing experience.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Penguin Patrol posted:

I used to use Jigsaw Bug & Jigsaw Daily. not sure if they are the best out there but they get the job done.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

What are some good sims/management games in the same vein as Motorsport Manager 3 (besides Kairosoft)?

Not sports related, but Game Dev Tycoon is fun. If you played Kairosoft's Game Dev Story, it will feel familiar, but it feels different enough to me that I enjoyed it despite sinking dozens of hours in Game Dev Story. It's a premium game, no ads, but is $4.99. Might be steep for a phone game if you're not sitting on Google Survey bux.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Are there any games like BitLife that are more in depth? I like this game but I can only go through so many lives where I steal everything I can to enlarge my penis as much as possible.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Push El Burrito posted:

Are there any games like BitLife that are more in depth? I like this game but I can only go through so many lives where I steal everything I can to enlarge my penis as much as possible.

I.. what? Is that a thing you can do in that game?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

Yes you get to live out your fantasies and that is mine.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

It looks like a knockoff of that Real Life's game

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/

Edit: Jesus I am 8.

Len fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 7, 2019

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Does anyone still play War Robots? I reinstalled and saw there's a Goon guild but it seems to be inactive.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Brown Dust, the Korean trpg gacha, released globally today.

80mb initial dl, 500mb in game, if you care about that stuff

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Len posted:

It looks like a knockoff of that Real Life's game

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/

Edit: Jesus I am 8.

Just lol if you don't assault her and start your life of crime and get shanked in prison while trying to start a riot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Push El Burrito posted:

Downloading now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Push El Burrito posted:

Just lol if you don't assault her and start your life of crime and get shanked in prison while trying to start a riot.

Rachel lived a hard life.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 8, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Some of those ages are a bit :staredog:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

jobson groeth posted:

Some of those ages are a bit :staredog:

It's more vaccinating a dead child.

She was 2.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

IAmTheRad posted:

It's more vaccinating a dead child.

She was 2.

Figured if she was hit by a car while walking 2 was a bit young.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

jobson groeth posted:

Figured if she was hit by a car while walking 2 was a bit young.

When she was 1 I took her skydiving.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

IAmTheRad posted:

When she was 1 I took her skydiving.

Ha, yeah, yesterday, I somehow took my infant son skiing. YOU WILL HIT THE SLOPES AND LIKE IT!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

She lived more in her two years of bit life than any of us do in 80

At five, a bully told people I was gay (I am), so I "perforated his anus".

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 8, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I got into an argument about traffic and another man shot my balls.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Len posted:

Rachel lived a hard life.

Are these from BitLife too or something else?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Trastion posted:

Are these from BitLife too or something else?

Its BitLife. I played for a day or two, just felt like I had no control.. "Do you want to do a thing? Okay, the random number generator says X happens."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Brown Dust, the Korean trpg gacha, released globally today.

80mb initial dl, 500mb in game, if you care about that stuff

Turns out this isn't too bad.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Turns out this isn't too bad.

I'm not hating it, but it also hasn't clicked. The upswing is that it's so far generous enough to keep lighting up gamblebrain for free, so what the hell.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I couldn't get into it. I like the idea of combat but it wasn't involved enough for me, and most of the time I didn't know what I was doing anyway. The one thing that I did really like is how many units could be involved at a time. I feel like gachas throw dozens of units at you at a time and you get to use like 4 of them at a time while the rest collect dust.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I couldn't get into it. I like the idea of combat but it wasn't involved enough for me, and most of the time I didn't know what I was doing anyway. The one thing that I did really like is how many units could be involved at a time. I feel like gachas throw dozens of units at you at a time and you get to use like 4 of them at a time while the rest collect dust.

The pre planning is surprisingly complex once you have buffers and combos. You have to figure out how to place your characters avoid the enemies super attacks while keeping your units in position to maximize their super attacks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Its BitLife. I played for a day or two, just felt like I had no control.. "Do you want to do a thing? Okay, the random number generator says X happens."

Yeah it's pretty basic I went through a few lives to see how hosed I could make them and I'm already over it.

But yeah the rng definitely needs work

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My issue with Brown Dust was that the UI was too small, and I had trouble tapping things and seeing what things were, and the menus were an absolute trainwreck. Also, anime tits on every screen.

There's definitely potential but there's a lot of issues that prevent me from really enjoying the game.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Go RV! posted:

My issue with Brown Dust was that the UI was too small, and I had trouble tapping things and seeing what things were, and the menus were an absolute trainwreck. Also, anime tits on every screen.

There's definitely potential but there's a lot of issues that prevent me from really enjoying the game.

Yeah, the game looks terrible. You could take that same systems and present them professionally and the game would be way better. That said, I hate the separate legendary pool that has units that are all top tier.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Len posted:

Yeah it's pretty basic I went through a few lives to see how hosed I could make them and I'm already over it.

But yeah the rng definitely needs work

My high school dropout ended up a 102 year old millionaire police chief

The big problem is nothing actually happens or anything, the little prompts are meaningless

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Game is fun enough for a few lives but it gets really old, really quick.

Also it made me have a hankering for old Real Lives, so I made the mistake of getting a license for the newest (browser-based, ugh) version.

Don't do it, it's real bad. UI all over the place and the translation from... whatever language the developer works in... is often really poor.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, the game looks terrible. You could take that same systems and present them professionally and the game would be way better. That said, I hate the separate legendary pool that has units that are all top tier.

At a 0.2% total drop rate. Definitely not worth blowing 900 gems over 600 for a basic chance-up pull. Though the gem store does have a 600-gem sale for 10 legendary pulls and a pile of gold, buyable three times a week, so that's the first target.

So much obtuse information. In-battle the icons are ambiguous, battle moves fast, and there's no way to pause and inspect what's going on. Bleed does extra damage against blue guys, poison is the same as bleed but extra damage against red guys. "Removes already applied Reflective Counter skill type" is reflective counter a special type of counter? Can I see a list of who has counter so I can figure out if she's worth awakening for that?

My other quibble, though this game is hardly unique in that, is non-standardized volume. You have soft-spoken characters and find a comfortable level for their voice quips, and then "hyper-excited shrill kid" gets the end battle screen and blows your ears out.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Drone posted:

Also it made me have a hankering for old Real Lives, so I made the mistake of getting a license for the newest (browser-based, ugh) version.

Don't do it, it's real bad. UI all over the place and the translation from... whatever language the developer works in... is often really poor.

That's disappointing. I had the same reaction. I was gonna seek out Real Lives as well.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
You play phone games with... sound on?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Drone posted:

I guess there's always Alter Ego, though it's pretty retro and probably not fun to play unless you played the old DOS version and can get enjoyment from the nostalgia factor.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

pile of brown posted:

As high as it'll go, especially on public transit

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
*anime sex girl moans*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

pile of brown posted:

I've never heard a single sound any of my phone games makes.