Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

ok i finished a lof of tutorials in eve online, the gently caress do i do now????

Uninstall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's pretty much how I roll. Log in, queue up as much training as I can, log in when it's done and queue up more, do this for a week or two, then abandon it for 2-3 years. Repeat.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ElMaligno posted:

ok i finished a lof of tutorials in eve online, the gently caress do i do now????

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Immediately

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

quit. like right the gently caress now.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Log out, never return

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Godholio posted:

That's pretty much how I roll. Log in, queue up as much training as I can, log in when it's done and queue up more, do this for a week or two, then abandon it for 2-3 years. Repeat.

Stay logged out

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
The only way to win is not play.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Random but does anyone have a HOI IV code that they want to part with for $? I want to give the game a try and figured I'd see if someone had a leftover Humble key here first.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
PS4 remote play is available on iOS :stare:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

no controller support :/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Handsome Ralph posted:

Random but does anyone have a HOI IV code that they want to part with for $? I want to give the game a try and figured I'd see if someone had a leftover Humble key here first.

The latest updates are great but I understand not wanting to spend $50 on the game

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

no controller support :/

Don’t care can play Persona 5 and DQ11.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

persona 5 is so good

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Handsome Ralph posted:

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The latest updates are great but I understand not wanting to spend $50 on the game

I agree with No Baby. Wait for it to go on sale, usually can get it a lot cheaper and spring sale wont be long from now. Pretty good game though, most accessible Paradox Map game that I've played. Haven't tried Man The Guns yet but it seems pretty cool and significant.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Handsome Ralph posted:

Humble Bundle is having a Paradox sale:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/paradox-interactive-weekend/

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Oh yeah for $16 go for it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oh word, thanks for the heads up.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Melthir posted:

The only way to win is not play.

So true

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE GAME, MY BODY IS ONCE AGAIN FREEEEE

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
On the other side of things, I've arranged for all my work to be handled past 3pm today and I'm taking off monday/tuesday/wednesday this week.

To play the new Path of Exile league.

Because I am a monster.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

On the other side of things, I've arranged for all my work to be handled past 3pm today and I'm taking off monday/tuesday/wednesday this week.

To play the new Path of Exile league.

Because I am a monster.

I've got the new DMC ready to install, division 2 next week, and Apex legends, but the only thing I give a gently caress about is POE.

Please send help

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I've been playing nothing but Tetris 99 in my free time. I'd feel bad but it's so good.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

bengy81 posted:

I've got the new DMC ready to install, division 2 next week, and Apex legends, but the only thing I give a gently caress about is POE.

Please send help

I literally base my gaming cycles off PoE leagues. I haven't touched a video game in like two or three weeks right now because I hosed up and played my reserve games when I was still deep in PoE.

I'm going to play PoE an absolute shitload for the rest of the month, slowly winding down for April, and then stopping in the first or second week of May. Then all the games that came out since then I play until the next league starts in June. I've largely repeated this cycle for years.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

I've been playing nothing but Tetris 99 in my free time. I'd feel bad but it's so good.

tetris 99 is so goddamn good and wonderful

gently caress, the switch owns so much

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I literally base my gaming cycles off PoE leagues. I haven't touched a video game in like two or three weeks right now because I hosed up and played my reserve games when I was still deep in PoE.

I'm going to play PoE an absolute shitload for the rest of the month, slowly winding down for April, and then stopping in the first or second week of May. Then all the games that came out since then I play until the next league starts in June. I've largely repeated this cycle for years.

I have started PoE a couple times in the past, but usually fall off of it and go back to D3. This season in D3 the game absolutely died, as in like no4 playerbase. I took one of my old POE characters and have been messing around with it trying to get a hang on the mechanics so I can try to get going full speed on this league.

Not gonna lie though, if I didnt just buy some stash tabs, the relaunch of Diablo on GOG would have changed my weekend plans significantly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this is important

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1104040670258520064?s=20

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Enjoyed the new HOI expansion last night turning Mexico into a Trotsky lead Communist paradise that extends down to Colombia, for now.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

if this isn't the first thing you did once you got DD i don't know what's wrong with you

I gotta reinstall so I can go run across an Afghan valley with my doggo buddy again :3:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mods are pretty fun for it. lots of extra side mission packs and infinite heaven allows for full subsistance mode

gently caress now i wanna try it

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
New game being made in a sourceport of the original Quake engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=CgrLN9Wl4xU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLmDh6Fyy8

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So when leveling in PoE should I be looking to buy items from other players? I'm just following this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087

I found a nice rare claw but I need to re-roll the slots on it

It also only describes using one skill while leveling. Does that mean I should just pick whatever else I like?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 9, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, there's an official trade site (pathofexile.com/trade) and some third party ones. If you're going to use a third party, use poeapp.com. I personally use the official site for everything.

Typically you have a single target setup and a group setup, sometimes it's a different skill but most of the time it's just swapping out a gem. For example with Spectral Throw, you would use Greater Multiple Projectiles for clearing the map and just swap in Slower Projectiles for the boss.

I recommend either getting in the goon guild or just joining /global 5555.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fallom posted:

So when leveling in PoE should I be looking to buy items from other players? I'm just following this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087

I found a nice rare claw but I need to re-roll the slots on it

It also only describes using one skill while leveling. Does that mean I should just pick whatever else I like?

Yeah, right now Im doing a build that calls for Kaom's Chest (the one with no links). So I just got links to spread around till I snatch that. My favorites have been Harolds or Vaal Skills that clear around.

Harold of Purity gives you flat phys and some buddies for the cost of a button press. Never be afraid to spend or use currency.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I might get a stash tab just to sort my currency because of course there’s no sorting feature in the game

That’s how they get ya

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you can wait till probably next weekend there's likely a stash tab sale. They do them every 3 weeks and it's usually synced to the second week of the league.

That said, if you don't want to wait then getting the currency tab, the map tab, and one premium tab upgrade will last you a long time. The premium tab will let you hook into the trade API and list things for sale that other players can message you for.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Or just buy the tabs full price to support good monetization of a F2P game. I've spent thirty or forty dollars on tabs and barbie effects even though I don't play the game all that much because I appreciate how awesome it is that Path of Exile really is truly F2P and there is very little that actual money can help you in the game.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
True, but I was trying to approach it from the lower end of the F2P aspect because some people get absolutely enraged at the ~ethics in video game design~. I've been playing PoE for uh <checks notes> seven years and for the first like, four years of that I had spent a grand total of like 30 bucks and was 100% able to enjoy literally everything like it was a full priced game. If anything it's actually gotten cheaper to get in to, because now they run sales on a rotating basis and the addition of the special tabs means you don't need the 36 premium tabs I ended up getting over the years. Now you need like, six.

Now that I make big kid money I'm uh...in for considerably more than that. Like two grand, give or take. But I've also got close to 10k hours in it between closed beta and now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I registered on a mailing list for "Satisfactory" a while back, and it went into open "beta" this weekend, to conclude the Alpha phase. I figured I'd give it a quick spin to see if I want to keep it on my wishlist for sometime down the road, and a quick spin turned into currently six hours.

The game is basically 3D Factorio with a Subnautica feel and No Man's Sky environments. Bizarrely-enough, it's better at environments and biomes than No Man's Sky, and doesn't look unfinished at all. I've only encountered a few unfinished things like placeholder text for further unlockable tiers, and not a single bug so far.
I'm buying the poo poo out of this game. I don't care if it's on the Epic Games platform, it's fun as hell, and scratches basically three itches at the same time.

Here's a video, though it only really highlights the balls-to-the-wall industrial stuff, and not so much the whole environment / exploration aspects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHO660DOXgw

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/satisfactory/home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay that looks cool and all but what the devil is everyone making?