Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I cleared 2.2! :toot:

62 more quests until I can get AST and DRK. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

On the other hand, Ishgard managed fine. Ul'dah also doesn't have any borders with the Empire anymore.

Yeah you can have a successful revolution when the vast majority of your military power is massacred in a millennia old hellwar,, the leader of the bulk of the military is on your side, the azure dragoon for even more clout, and a walking, nodding extinction level event for anything that's a primal. Also lets not forget that the goddamn Pope and his personal guard were busy trying to become gods rather than actually trying to put down any revolution, and were killed as a result of that. And even then it wasn't bloodless and poo poo is still extremely goddamn hosed for most people in the Holy See.

It's just a bit different than some girl way out of her depth trying to just say "gently caress it, let the people run it", which is a noble gesture for about 10 seconds until the Monetarists undermine the whole process and the status quo is maintained because they're the ones who have all the power and the force to back it up.

Do the Saltery quests and the follow up that shows up in the Rising Stones. The system is changing gradually.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
There is a reason why one of the main end game activities in Shadowbringers for DoH/DoL is...the rebuilding of Ishgard :shepface:

Ishgard is managing but they're far from "fine".

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Bolow posted:

Yeah you can have a successful revolution when the vast majority of your military power is massacred in a millennia old hellwar,, the leader of the bulk of the military is on your side, the azure dragoon for even more clout, and a walking, nodding extinction level event for anything that's a primal. Also lets not forget that the goddamn Pope and his personal guard were busy trying to become gods rather than actually trying to put down any revolution, and were killed as a result of that. And even then it wasn't bloodless and poo poo is still extremely goddamn hosed for most people in the Holy See.

It's just a bit different than some girl way out of her depth trying to just say "gently caress it, let the people run it", which is a noble gesture for about 10 seconds until the Monetarists undermine the whole process and the status quo is maintained because they're the ones who have all the power and the force to back it up.

Do the Saltery quests and the follow up that shows up in the Rising Stones. The system is changing gradually.

Those saltery quests were incredible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

She's used to letting someone else like Raubahn do the heavy lifting
She should probably get a guy with two arms for that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

She should probably get a guy with two arms for that.

A trustworthy person such as this guy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leal posted:

A trustworthy person such as this guy

See? Now there's a man with two arms.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I still want that coat IRL.

EDIT: So glad I wasn't playing during this whole Eurika poo poo or whatever it is. What a trashfire system.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentFineCoffeePanicVis

Givin fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 9, 2019

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
This game has the best fashion by far. Even leveling sets look great.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Givin posted:

I still want that coat IRL.

EDIT: So glad I wasn't playing during this whole Eurika poo poo or whatever it is. What a trashfire system.

You can have that coat, so long as it's either red, yellow, or.... brown?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

See? Now there's a man with two arms.

Said he would rather cut off his own arm then betray someone. As he has both arms, he is clearly trustworthy!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leal posted:

Said he would rather cut off his own arm then betray someone. As he has both arms, he is clearly trustworthy!
That's 100 percent more arm than Raubahn for the same price!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You can have that coat, so long as it's either red, yellow, or.... brown?

Olive. Drab olive.

With brown :v:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I'm slowly working through the backlog of content that was released between my first unsub and resub. Which means that tonight I did Shiva EX. I waited in an 85 minute queue, we had an AFK healer at first, and someone had to drop for time reasons with 20 minutes left in the attempt. But, it was all worth it because I landed the killing blow as BLM while the only other person still up (a RDM) ran to safety. The screen faded to black right as the icicles dropped from above, the clocked showed 4:30 remaining. I wish I had recorded it.

On the other hand, I am never doing hard content as a not-healer again. Who prioritizes rezzing the second tank over the other healer?!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chakan posted:

I'm slowly working through the backlog of content that was released between my first unsub and resub. Which means that tonight I did Shiva EX. I waited in an 85 minute queue, we had an AFK healer at first, and someone had to drop for time reasons with 20 minutes left in the attempt. But, it was all worth it because I landed the killing blow as BLM while the only other person still up (a RDM) ran to safety. The screen faded to black right as the icicles dropped from above, the clocked showed 4:30 remaining. I wish I had recorded it.

On the other hand, I am never doing hard content as a not-healer again. Who prioritizes rezzing the second tank over the other healer?!

I'm surprised the queue even popped for an EX without you going premade. Also that's why you go SMN, you get none of the healing responsibilities, but all of the raising power when a healer drops.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
What are some good settings to tone down for 24 mans? I like having all the effects on in 4-8 man instances but 24 man raids just become this indecipherable whirlpool of color explosions and number vortexes and I can barely tell where I am let alone what direction the boss is facing for directionals

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I'm surprised the queue even popped for an EX without you going premade. Also that's why you go SMN, you get none of the healing responsibilities, but all of the raising power when a healer drops.

Titan and Ramuh EX were only ~45 minute queues as a healer. I was kinda surprised when our RDM wasn't helping with raise duties or keeping the tank healed in dire situations. I think I'm pretty much down to just Ifrit and Levi EX for 50 content, so that's pretty exciting. I completely skipped the HW Alexander stuff so I'm eager to finally get to it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

g0lbez posted:

What are some good settings to tone down for 24 mans? I like having all the effects on in 4-8 man instances but 24 man raids just become this indecipherable whirlpool of color explosions and number vortexes and I can barely tell where I am let alone what direction the boss is facing for directionals

You can turn off skill effects for characters who aren't you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

g0lbez posted:

You can turn off effects from other parties, that's really all you can do there.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Chakan posted:

Titan and Ramuh EX were only ~45 minute queues as a healer. I was kinda surprised when our RDM wasn't helping with raise duties or keeping the tank healed in dire situations. I think I'm pretty much down to just Ifrit and Levi EX for 50 content, so that's pretty exciting. I completely skipped the HW Alexander stuff so I'm eager to finally get to it.

Vercure is a level 54 skill, and verraise is 64. Vercure is also a pretty bad healing spell compared to an actual healer's toolkit, and is mostly used for soloing or preparing a chain cast buff during a phase change.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they really pushed RDM so that it can't replace a dedicated healer even in high end content.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Givin posted:

The evolution of a Bad System:

Naoki Yoshida: We're going to make a new thing, a new 56 man raid, with 56 man fights, but hard fights, that require coordination which will be difficult for that many players, and have severe penalties for loss. We're going to make it hard with priceless rewards for effort, people may have to die 3-4 times to kill Ozma but that mount will feel all the better for the effort spent!

Players Optimize Better Than Designers: Ok, so, this isn't braindead, but it's also nothing that can't be 100% resolved by having a good caller in voice chat and having everyone else shut the gently caress up and move exactly the way they say when they say it. Hey, we have a 100% clear rate holy poo poo we all got ozmas now, boys! Thank god we don't need to deal with repeated failures and XP loss because we'd quite obviously do anything, anything, to avoid wasting hours catching back up. Get that discord set up everyone needs their fragments.

Random FFXIV Player not in the Discord: What the gently caress why are there no BA groups? Who are these people shouting A3 and A6 and whatever in my instance? Why can't I go into BA?? gently caress these people!

Intelligent Sniper: Heh, there's nothing they can do to stop me once I'm in the instance. That red portal is mine, fuckers, run faster next time, cry some more

Unintelligent Sniper: HEY A PORTAL *Drops a meteor directly on C team in Proto-Ozma* IM THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chakan posted:

There were goons doing synced EX primals today, they had a sign up google sheet and everything that was linked in the catgirl bargains discord.

Just for future reference, people usually do these fights unsynced for wondrous tails on a weekly basis and you can either solo or 2-man all of them. People joke about Respecting The Content, but if you just want the horses just run unsynced.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
How many times do I need to run Hbrayflox unsynced to get a full density rune filled im at like eight and it’s still just glowing

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Chakan posted:

I completely skipped the HW Alexander stuff so I'm eager to finally get to it.

Good news for you, HW Alexander has a raid roulette to run it now, so it's much faster than waiting for EX Primals.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Meiteron posted:

The evolution of a Bad System:

Naoki Yoshida: We're going to make a new thing, a new 56 man raid, with 56 man fights, but hard fights, that require coordination which will be difficult for that many players, and have severe penalties for loss. We're going to make it hard with priceless rewards for effort, people may have to die 3-4 times to kill Ozma but that mount will feel all the better for the effort spent!

Players Optimize Better Than Designers: Ok, so, this isn't braindead, but it's also nothing that can't be 100% resolved by having a good caller in voice chat and having everyone else shut the gently caress up and move exactly the way they say when they say it. Hey, we have a 100% clear rate holy poo poo we all got ozmas now, boys! Thank god we don't need to deal with repeated failures and XP loss because we'd quite obviously do anything, anything, to avoid wasting hours catching back up. Get that discord set up everyone needs their fragments.

Random FFXIV Player not in the Discord: What the gently caress why are there no BA groups? Who are these people shouting A3 and A6 and whatever in my instance? Why can't I go into BA?? gently caress these people!

Intelligent Sniper: Heh, there's nothing they can do to stop me once I'm in the instance. That red portal is mine, fuckers, run faster next time, cry some more

Unintelligent Sniper: HEY A PORTAL *Drops a meteor directly on C team in Proto-Ozma* IM THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT

Correction:

Levelling back up after a BA death takes literally 5-8 minutes.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Tenik posted:

Vercure is a level 54 skill, and verraise is 64. Vercure is also a pretty bad healing spell compared to an actual healer's toolkit, and is mostly used for soloing or preparing a chain cast buff during a phase change.

That’s what I was missing, thank you!

Phone posted:

There were goons doing synced EX primals today, they had a sign up google sheet and everything that was linked in the catgirl bargains discord.

Just for future reference, people usually do these fights unsynced for wondrous tails on a weekly basis and you can either solo or 2-man all of them. People joke about Respecting The Content, but if you just want the horses just run unsynced.

I have the discord open & just never thought to check. I’ll take a look next weekend when I’m doing Ifrit EX.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Shiva EX
Here was the best possible pull tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkmipUgMmjw

respect the content :colbert:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

What are those?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PVP horsies from the Garou crossover

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

All Dogs Go To Hambone

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BrightWing posted:

What are those?

Ginga mount, 10 wins in Frontlines/Rival Wings with a Garo title.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Chakan posted:

we spent two hours just waiting for one person to get a full party to get started and you were here the whole time. Tashi even joked about asking in here for an eighth body. unbelievable

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Correction:

Levelling back up after a BA death takes literally 5-8 minutes.

The problem is more the time it takes to get everyone into the same instance for any given attempt, which takes far longer than the re-levelling, comically.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

How many times do I need to run Hbrayflox unsynced to get a full density rune filled im at like eight and it’s still just glowing

way too many

either start/join a PF party for A1S unsynced (faster than brayflox hard, brainless, equal/more light gain) or A9S if you can (requires some people to know what they’re doing, about as fast as A1S to finish but the light gain is the most possible so the number of runs you need is less)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hey guys i recommend this sweet rear end macro that i made that only took Buddy an hour to explain to me

toggleable between raid/party/solo and lets you aetherial to any party member without changing your target, also works for Cover and any other ability

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Obligatum VII posted:

The problem is more the time it takes to get everyone into the same instance for any given attempt, which takes far longer than the re-levelling, comically.

This is where being on a JP server is a huge advantage, there are no discords, you just get into Hydratos, kill Ovni, run to a portal and claim it, then you get into the instance, everyone sorts themselves out into groups and you go. No mess, no fuss. I've done one fragment run, and one Ozma run so far and it was smooth as butter (except I died at Ozma because I was an idiot who forgot to self heal after someone else exploded)

I hope to nail Ozma on Monday, get my mount and never return (except to drag my catboi husband kicking and screaming through to get their mount)

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
How are future-Crystal goons handling the server shuffling? Finding a static that's actually planning on staying on Crystal has been, uh, problematic to say the least, though I might have something lined up finally. Is there a Discord or subreddit or anything else where people are planning this stuff out?

Anyways, I'd still like to know why MIN/BTN get the best glamours. I wish my achievement pickaxe (and hatchet) glowed whenever I'm wielding it instead of just when I'm gathering, but whatever.

Also, Redolent Rose, we need to talk.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/eb00facc2f6dc880aca78a9aa69d4dcbcf2c5f4d

quote:

03/08/2019 12:12 AM
[Important]Regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Steam Version (Mar. 8)
In order to align closely with Steam policies, we plan to implement a restricted login check process for Steam service account users.

[Affected]
FINAL FANTASY XIV Steam Version

[Changes]
Current:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Steam version clients can currently be opened directly without going through the Steam application and is possible to use the regular Windows version client application for Steam version service accounts.

After the change:
For Steam version service accounts, the FINAL FANTASY XIV client application will need to be started up from the Steam application's Play button. Any other method of direct startup will no longer be available.

[Time and Date of Implementation]
Late March 2019 (tentative)

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

So, uh, more pain for Steam users. Help out a loving idiot that's continuing to pay for a six year old mistake, and drop a post in the consolidated petition thread on the forums, to the effect of giving us the option to :sever: from Steam if we want to?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/384982-PETITION-Regarding-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Steam-Version-%28Mar.-8%29

Also, yet another reason to tell your friends NEVER loving BUY THE GAME OFF THE STEAM. Only tell your enemies to.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 10, 2019