Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Peacoffee posted:

Imagine every one riding their own like cowboys.

>Ride god like a mechanical bull

YEEEEEHAAAWWEWOOHHSHIIT
You start the apocalypse.
You die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1103993079604891654

As a foreigner, all I can say is about time someone with a voice picked this fight. Please support her USA goons.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

I hate that she's spreading the bullshit story that "Obama also caged kids."

No he really loving didn't, and that's the kind of "all sides are the same, democrats are the real racists, everything is poo poo" we really don't need right now.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

friendly 2 da void posted:

No he really loving didn't, and that's the kind of "all sides are the same, democrats are the real racists, everything is poo poo" we really don't need right now.

There's literally pictures of it dude

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Wrong.

Democrats are the smiling racists who don't ever use slurs but will still hire and promote whites over blacks.

Republicans set crosses on fire and generate new slaves via the prison system.

Guess what? Both are racist.

Vote out succdems, and don't apologize for them just because the Republicans finangled a living crime avatar in the White House.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
You don't think Obama at least gets more of the benefit of doubt when they were inundated with and unprecedented amount of unaccompanied minors, and put them in shabby temporary care due to incompetence and underfunding when Trump made family separation a policy to publicly enact an agenda he has stated was for racist reasons? They are both bad, by all means, criticize Obama for not doing whatever it took to not cage children, but are they really the same problem despite the same result? I don't know, it doesn't seem honest to act as if they are fruit of the same tree unless you are attacking the concept of borders and not comparing presidents. "ICE has been profoundly racist since it's inception" is a completely different issue than whose candidate is in power.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Babylon Astronaut posted:

You don't think Obama at least gets more of the benefit of doubt when they were inundated with and unprecedented amount of unaccompanied minors, and put them in shabby temporary care due to incompetence and underfunding when Trump made family separation a policy to publicly enact an agenda he has stated was for racist reasons? They are both bad, by all means, criticize Obama for not doing whatever it took to not cage children, but are they really the same problem despite the same result? I don't know, it doesn't seem honest to act as if they are fruit of the same tree unless you are attacking the concept of borders and not comparing presidents. "ICE has been profoundly racist since it's inception" is a completely different issue than whose candidate is in power.

21'st century America will make such a fascinating sociological study subject.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ornedan posted:

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1103993079604891654

As a foreigner, all I can say is about time someone with a voice picked this fight. Please support her USA goons.

Yeah she owns.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I still love that she got called an antisemitic racist for declaring that a lobbyist group devoted to the specific issue of the relationship between the us and Israel does in fact spend money trying to influence us policy regarding Israel.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Nosfereefer posted:

21'st century America will make such a fascinating sociological study subject.
Absolutely. Providing adequate care for children isn't even a political topic. It's a biological drive. It's one of the very, very, few things you could accurately call "human nature." How we brain hosed ourselves to be indifferent or even worse, hostile, towards the care of children is something that needs to be identified and solved immediately, because it's probably too late.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Absolutely. Providing adequate care for children isn't even a political topic. It's a biological drive. It's one of the very, very, few things you could accurately call "human nature." How we brain hosed ourselves to be indifferent or even worse, hostile, towards the care of children is something that needs to be identified and solved immediately, because it's probably too late.

It's competing with the monkey trap of unregulated capitalism.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

VitalSigns posted:

There's literally pictures of it dude

When the child separation and caging first became a major topic under Trump, the first pictures presented were misattributed Obama-era pics.

"but but Obama didn't separate families his cages were just for unaccompanied children"
Yes that wasn't an explicit policy, however how do you think children are classified if a family comes to the border and the border agents decide their papers don't sufficiently prove they're related? Oh hey that's coyotes and unaccompanied children and those kinds people are processed separately.

And you can debate whether that was intentional or a kafkaesque bureaucratic oopsie. But that doesn't much matter to the victims.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Ornedan posted:

When the child separation and caging first became a major topic under Trump, the first pictures presented were misattributed Obama-era pics.

"but but Obama didn't separate families his cages were just for unaccompanied children"
Yes that wasn't an explicit policy, however how do you think children are classified if a family comes to the border and the border agents decide their papers don't sufficiently prove they're related? Oh hey that's coyotes and unaccompanied children and those kinds people are processed separately.

And you can debate whether that was intentional or a kafkaesque bureaucratic oopsie. But that doesn't much matter to the victims.

As someone who spent my teenage years without freedom in hellish situations, it actually makes a huge loving difference if the stated institutional policy is 'abuse thme as much as possible' or if its 'poo poo we have to put them somewhere for a limited period of time until we can find proper placements.'

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Herstory Begins Now posted:

As someone who spent my teenage years without freedom in hellish situations, it actually makes a huge loving difference if the stated institutional policy is 'abuse thme as much as possible' or if its 'poo poo we have to put them somewhere for a limited period of time until we can find proper placements.'

Naw, sounds like you were abused anyway, which is bullshit and should not be tolerated. You deserve better.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

mycomancy posted:

Wrong.

Democrats are the smiling racists who don't ever use slurs but will still hire and promote whites over blacks.

Republicans set crosses on fire and generate new slaves via the prison system.

Guess what? Both are racist.

Vote out succdems, and don't apologize for them just because the Republicans finangled a living crime avatar in the White House.

So for sure it's true that there is a ton of unaddressed structural and unconscious racism among Democratic elected leaders and the people who voted them in. However, the way you phrase this sounds a hell of a lot like "everybody's racist so nothing matters". By all means work on pushing the Democratic party to the left and shifting the Overton window, but dismissing most of the electorate as racist is not a politically viable or constructive way to address structural racism.

Kobayashi posted:

Naw, sounds like you were abused anyway, which is bullshit and should not be tolerated. You deserve better.

Way to invalidate an abuse survivor's account of their lived experience.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Way to invalidate an abuse survivor's account of their lived experience.

Bringing up your abuse to explain away someone else’s trauma is a garbage move and I doubt that was the intent but lookie here that’s still the effect. If people want to argue the finer points between trump and obama and really find that line they want to draw maybe they should try that with the victims and see what happens.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

We lose an hour of sleep tonight and the president is letting this happen?? Someone at work told me if everyone in the nation gives one hour to the 2020 campaign then the wall will be built, confirmation?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Too many outrages for me to keep up with :(

https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/1104141771158814720

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

As things like this, Mehgan McCain attacking a jewish cartoonist for his 'Anti-Semitism,' and the GOP mustering almost 30 no-votes on a Anti-Hate Speech resolution continue to mount up, I'm almost sad that this story has gotten zero traction with the general public despite how totally it's consumed the political reporting circle-jerk. It's turning into a bigger and bigger own-goal by the Republicans by the second even though just 48 hours ago it was peak Democrats In Disarray.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
This looks like news.

https://twitter.com/weareoversight/status/1104472487826542600
https://twitter.com/weareoversight/status/1104475099607040002
https://twitter.com/weareoversight/status/1104479284205375489

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Thank you for saying this, because I brought this up earlier in a thread to emphasize just how terrifying the situation is. Most individuals agree that children in cages is a sad thing, but we need to grasp on a visceral level how truly hosed up it is. Humans are wired to take note of small, adorable, facial features and experience some level of maternal/protective instinct as a way to propagate the species: if the children survive, then we all do. To instead not protect and nurture children, but instead actively torture and isolate them, denying them basic contact even, literally goes against natural neural functions.

Psychopathy is supposed to be a rare outlier, and the fact that it's been allowed to dominate the ruling class and infiltrate the system in a very obvious manner without much overt rebellion to minimize it is going to be a fascinating research topic. A lot of social epochs have a sort of 'wall' or 'bottom' where eventually people get triggered and revolt in some way. I'd be interested to see if the expansive reach of social media has created an almost extended bystander effect: everyone can see evils, but the amount of responsibility gets dissipated and the false intimacy it creates actually impedes our sense of humanity.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Oops. Wrong thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rinkles posted:

I'm looking at the 2.4 (current) patch notes. Why didn't Necro get the massive set buffs everyone else did?

drat gridlocked congress :argh:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I'm looking at the 2.4 (current) patch notes. Why didn't Necro get the massive set buffs everyone else did?

Probably systemic racism, op

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Heh. Sorry.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Piell posted:

This looks like news.

So they actually did his stupid Lock Her Up investigation, but it turned up so much NOTHING that Trump didn't even dare talk about it at his nazi rallies. That's amazing.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I didn't expect to see more "but her emails!!!!!" in this day and age. Holy gently caress.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kith posted:

I didn't expect to see more "but her emails!!!!!" in this day and age. Holy gently caress.
My what a difference of three years can sometimes do.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

He certainly deported a lot of people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The only moral caging of kids is my caging of kids.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If you can't see the difference between Obama and the unaccompanied minor crisis and Trump and child separation then there's nothing more to say here.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

If you can't see the difference between Obama and the unaccompanied minor crisis and Trump and child separation then there's nothing more to say here.

They can see the diffence.

But one can only argue: see Obama's the same as Trump by willfully ignoring the difference.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HootTheOwl posted:

And the amazing thing about all those unaccompanied minor is how many came to the border with people who said they were their parents yet were separated anyway by ICE.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And the amazing thing about all those unaccompanied minor is how many came to the border with people who said they were their parents yet were separated anyway by ICE.

I'm having trouble finding numbers. Does anyone have an estimate for how common this was? People are saying this like it was common enough to be basically equivalent to doing it on purpose, or possibly implying it was on purpose.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HootTheOwl posted:

It's ok to lock up kids as long as you only take a tiny sip

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

But you see his skin was darker and he had a D by his name so those children had it coming

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

steinrokkan posted:

There are more possibilities than "bad" and "totally fine." There's also "really bad" and "even worse." Like how killing a person through negligence is bad, but killing a man on purpose is worse.

Chaos Personified
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There are more possibilities than "bad" and "totally fine." There's also "really bad" and "even worse." Like how killing a person through negligence is bad, but killing a man on purpose is worse.

The dead person might disagree here if they could.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm having trouble finding numbers. Does anyone have an estimate for how common this was? People are saying this like it was common enough to be basically equivalent to doing it on purpose, or possibly implying it was on purpose.

This is a good question that deserves a good answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I want to say that they were claiming the parents were unrelated if they didn't have any documentation proving the kid(s) was theirs. Of course what the appropriate documentation was was up to the border official soooo....

I bet skin color differences were used as one of the determinants.