Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

I want to hear more on why you think Brian Burns "stinks".

Stands straight up when he pass rushes, doesn't churn his feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a lot of misinformed oafs and ignoramuses will tell you that superstar northwestern quarterback clayton "throwson" thorson is not good at football based on his stats and his throws and four years of northwestern having a dogshit offense but guess what? he's tall motherfuckers. he's gonna start.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

R.D. Mangles posted:

a lot of misinformed oafs and ignoramuses will tell you that superstar northwestern quarterback clayton "throwson" thorson is not good at football based on his stats and his throws and four years of northwestern having a dogshit offense but guess what? he's tall motherfuckers. he's gonna start.

Is he white and how religious is he? This is important.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is he white and how religious is he? This is important.

yes and super

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Top 10 talent here flying completely under the radar. Going to be the steal of the draft.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ed Oliver is the drop that keeps baffling me

Edit: dunno if Samuel Gold doing Jonah Williams got posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCvrHo-oelg

Drop all the way to 14 plz thx

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Stands straight up when he pass rushes, doesn't churn his feet

He has incredible flexibility/bend and his length probably makes it look he's standing straight up. I think you're completely off on him and should probably watch more tape. He's basically the same as Josh Allen (not sure how you rank him). Compare the tapes, very similar in the way they rush.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Drop all the way to 14 plz thx

Mocks showing Miami going QB are dumb, and if Ed is there, he’s gotta be Miami’s pick. Him or Lawrence. We’re lacking versatile DL and Oliver fit the bill but Lawrence is the 3-4 NT who comes along every 5-7 years

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Mocks showing Miami going QB are dumb, and if Ed is there, he’s gotta be Miami’s pick. Him or Lawrence. We’re lacking versatile DL and Oliver fit the bill but Lawrence is the 3-4 NT who comes along every 5-7 years

Where do you all pick?

I'm hoping for Oliver or Wilkins but an olinemen is needed too. I just want them to spend the first few picks on the lines.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Raider fans what are you hoping for? 3 1sts is nice, but I imagine you're nervous about dumb poo poo happening...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Where do you all pick?

I'm hoping for Oliver or Wilkins but an olinemen is needed too. I just want them to spend the first few picks on the lines.

13!

Historically VERY bad for Miami

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Raider fans what are you hoping for? 3 1sts is nice, but I imagine you're nervous about dumb poo poo happening...

I think the ideal Raiders draft (pending a trade for Antonio Brown ofc) is a QB going in the top 3, grabbing Josh Allen at 4 and hoping some talent falls to 24/27. Maybe Ferrell or Gary fall. Maybe one of the Iowa tight ends could fit there, or a wide reciever if we don't end up with AB. Realistically there are holes everywhere but like, Center so BPA works great for 24/27

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Doltos posted:

Woo boy being banned during the combine stunk cus theres a lot of misconceptions going on right now.

D.K. Metcalf - Everyone needs to go watch tape on him right now. He's quick and fast as gently caress. His 40 time looked exactly like how he runs in game. He's a bit of a chest catcher but his hands are stick'em. His three cone drill was a gently caress up but it's not indicative of who he is as a player. His feet are perfectly fine and I'm pretty sure people dogpiling on it are following the opinion of some bad draftniks.

I'll toxx 100$ to a charity of your choice that he loving busts and we can define busts and a timeline you're loving high bro hook me up with me your dealer

How do we wanna do this

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

13!

Historically VERY bad for Miami

Right before us...so that confirms Oliver to Miami. Congrats!

:negative:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

R.D. Mangles posted:

yes and super

Ooooh can he play wide receiver? I think I know just the team for him!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Tank for Tua with Tanny

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills have dire need for wide receivers and offensive line(literally everywhere). You could make a case for tight end. It would be nice to firm up the defensive line or the #2 CB, but they really shouldn’t pass on top-shelf prospects in the two “dire need” positions(barring trades and FA) to do so.
The goal of the offseason is to get Josh Allen the help he needs to to take the next step.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Waroduce posted:

I'll toxx 100$ to a charity of your choice that he loving busts and we can define busts and a timeline you're loving high bro hook me up with me your dealer

How do we wanna do this

Seconded. You don't have to toxx $200, but I'll throw in an extra $100 along with waroduce.

Just don't make the charity a hate group.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Waroduce posted:

How do we wanna do this

Chichevache posted:

Seconded. You don't have to toxx $200, but I'll throw in an extra $100 along with waroduce.

Just don't make the charity a hate group.

Sure I'll put nothing down to have you two idiots donate 200 bucks to the ASPCA. I say he goes top 25 and contributes by year 2.

wandler20 posted:

He has incredible flexibility/bend and his length probably makes it look he's standing straight up. I think you're completely off on him and should probably watch more tape. He's basically the same as Josh Allen (not sure how you rank him). Compare the tapes, very similar in the way they rush.

I watched it and I don't see it at all. Josh Allen is more like Von Miller than any prospect since him. Burns looks like a big project.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Sure I'll put nothing down to have you two idiots donate 200 bucks to the ASPCA. I say he goes top 25 and contributes by year 2.

Sure. Define contributes, please.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chichevache posted:

Sure. Define contributes, please.

Considering WR is one of the hardest positions to develop and contribute at I'd say around 500 yards 5 tds. Actually let's change the charity to the UNCF just so you can get it out of your head that I'm racist.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.giants.com/news/watch-quarterbacks-throw-at-nfl-combine

If anyone wants to see all the quarterbacks throwing and running at the combine. As far as I can tell Haskins easily had the best day, besides the 40 time which was expected. He's kinda got a weird awkward body. He throws a nice strong ball though, a lot of zip but he's got touch too. Someone was saying that he needed work with pressure and accuracy. That's probably true, he's only started 14 games in his entire career in college. He had great numbers though, took care of the ball and scored and he can do that in the NFL too. He needs protection though, he is absolutely a pocket passer through and through and he will suffer on a team that can't pass protect him. He makes pretty quick reads though

Compare him to Mitch Trubisky who also had only started a year and to me he clearly looks like a better passer and further developed. I'd be surprised if he falls past the Giants, they seem pretty interested and they can also bring him along slowly if they choose. I WOULDN'T be surprised if he even goes earlier than that when all is said and done. Yes it's not a great year for quarterbacks but that often doesn't stop them from moving up the board.

I like the look of some of these linemen. There's nobody like Quenton Nelson but there's some solid guys. I'm surprised some people have Cody Ford so low, he looks really good to me, along with Jawaan Taylor. Good movement skills for their size. Jonah Williams looks more like a guard to me, but a lot of people seem very high on him. He can definitely lay an extremely solid anchor and has great technique. Haven't seen much of the other guys but at the top at least it looks like a pretty decent draft for the big boys.

What I want to know is how does this corner class compare to last year or the last few years? I really haven't heard much about corners and safeties besides a few guys

Play fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 10, 2019

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Considering WR is one of the hardest positions to develop and contribute at I'd say around 500 yards 5 tds. Actually let's change the charity to the UNCF just so you can get it out of your head that I'm racist.

Puts him in this percentile....

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Shout out to the goons making tox bets for money for Charity. drat good moves and we need to support this tradition in TFF

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Puts him in this percentile....

Sounds about right for a second year wide receiver.

Mike Williams was twice the prospect Metcalf is and he only put up 664 yards although the ten TDs was really nice. Metcalf isn't a world beating WR and A.J. Brown is definitely more of a gamer than him but he's not some trash rear end terrible WR.

Play posted:

What I want to know is how does this corner class compare to last year or the last few years? I really haven't heard much about corners and safeties besides a few guys

Not really. Corner isn't that deep and kind of plateaus at around 10 good prospects. Rock Ya-Sin, Trayvon Mullen, Deandre Baker, and Greedy Williams are all solid prospects though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Shout out to the goons making tox bets for money for Charity. drat good moves and we need to support this tradition in TFF

it’s good but I think there should also be a dick related avatar involved

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

it’s good but I think there should also be a dick related avatar involved

I'm down.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Doltos you're missing that people are incredibly annoyed with the hype around Metcalf and draft media talking him up like a world beater. He has potential around him but draft media is drooling like he's Julio.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Doltos you're missing that people are incredibly annoyed with the hype around Metcalf and draft media talking him up like a world beater. He has potential around him but draft media is drooling like he's Julio.

I've been seeing the opposite since his 3 cone. Either way he's a real good prospect.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

There's examples in this thread of draft media saying to ignore his 3 cone he's totally elite.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
There's mixed opinions both ways in the draft media it seems. I think he's intriguing and the right offense could get some great usage out of him. Explosive passing plays and the like. I don't watch enough college football to really know what else he can do though, when I try to get video on him it's all flashy highlights of deep throws which is fantastic. But can he play in the slot or be a possession receiver when needed? Can he run a diverse route tree? Can he block? Can he create separation consistently? Can he play without being called for offensive PI in the NFL?

From what I can tell there are legitimate questions there, which is why a first rounder seems a bit rich for him. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a team wants to gamble

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Metcalf was the X for Rebs and ran a lot of out routes and sluggos. A.J. Brown was their slot/flanker that did all the work in that offense. It's a good point though for some reason either due to the coaches or Metcalf he was their defacto deep play guy despite being their biggest receiver. It's hard for me to see feet concerns because being able to get to a short out route faster than a DB requires quick feet but he rarely went over the middle. He uncapped one on Bama early this year and then Bama made him disappear the rest of the game by chucking the poo poo out of him at the line.

I'm also kinda concerned about his injury history. He's a big guy but he's lost two seasons so far to season enders and he doesn't like contact.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Doltos posted:

Naw dog you gotta pay to play. If you believe those strong words get in on the action. Let's do 50 or 25 if you dont wanna do 100$

Terms TBD but I'll tentativly take the parameters around 500yd 5td. poo poo he only gotta catch what 8-10 real solid post routes on the year with a bar that low.

I'll absolutely take top 20 and probably lose that one but whatever

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Waroduce posted:

Naw dog you gotta pay to play. If you believe those strong words get in on the action. Let's do 50 or 25 if you dont wanna do 100$

Terms TBD but I'll tentativly take the parameters around 500yd 5td. poo poo he only gotta catch what 8-10 real solid post routes on the year with a bar that low.

I'll absolutely take top 20 and probably lose that one but whatever

I'll do 25 bucks I'm not some fountain of money giving over here. 500/5 is pretty hard to get as Kalli outlined before. WR is tough as gently caress to get the hang of at NFL speed and is probably the third hardest position to play behind QB and CB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

I'll do 25 bucks I'm not some fountain of money giving over here. 500/5 is pretty hard to get as Kalli outlined before. WR is tough as gently caress to get the hang of at NFL speed and is probably the third hardest position to play behind QB and CB.

Basically the third option on every team averages 500 and 5. Shouldn't be a large hurdle if you're a top 25 pick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Basically the third option on every team averages 500 and 5. Shouldn't be a large hurdle if you're a top 25 pick.

Rookie years for the last few top 25 WRs

D.J. Moore - 788/2
Corey Davis - 375/0
Mike Williams - 95/0
Josh Doctson - 66/0
Laquon Treadwell - 15/0
Will Fuller - 635/2
Corey Coleman - 413/3
Nelson Agholor - 283/1
Devante Parker - 494/3
Amari Cooper - 1070/6
Kevin White - 187/0
Sammy Watkins - 982/6
Mike Evans - 1051/12
Brandin Cooks - 550/3
Odell Beckham - 1305/12

Average - 554/3

I know a bunch of those guys were hurt or had meh QBs but I think the 500/5 is a fair assessment for a rookie WR, unless we want to wait til year 2. If I cut out that absolutely stellar 2014 class the numbers are even worse.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I thought year 2 were the terms?

Edit: you could include #26 pick Ridley and his 64/821/10 if you want.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 10, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah what were the year two terms?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

I thought year 2 were the terms?

Edit: you could include #26 pick Ridley and his 64/821/10 if you want.

He said top 25 I could also include Perriman's 0/0/0. I also forgot to include John Ross' 0/0/0.

Year 2 might be even worse let me see:

Corey Davis - 891/4
Mike Williams - 664/10
John Ross - 210/7
Corey Coleman - 305/2
Will Fuller - 423/7
Josh Doctson - 502/6
Laquon Treadwell - 200/0
Amari Cooper - 1153/5
Kevin White - 6/0
Devante Parker - 744/4
Nelson Agholor - 365/2
Sammy Watkins - 1047/9
Odell Beckham - 1450/13
Brandin Cooks - 1138/9
Mike Evans - 1206/3

Average - 667/5

I could up the yards to 650.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just do 1st year results so we don't have to wait around two years to settle this argument

Who knows if the forums will even be around that long