Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Well that sounds pretty incompetent, but I'm confident still more competent than Theresa May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Yes it is extremely good that all of the major Western governments are run by laughable incompetents and soon the only properly-managed transatlantic trade will be a briefly revived whale blubber industry.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

7) Last season one of their players got fined for celebrating a touchdown by mock wiping his asscrack with the football

haha that rules

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

The New York Jets are a football team, not to be confused with the New York Giants (with whom they share a stadium). They are widely known for incompetence occasionally flourishing into mediocrity, but most of all for the Trumpian atmosphere of backbiting and degeneracy within the organization. Consider the following:

1) The Jets are not even the most popular team in their own city, and the fan base is generally considered to be the chudlier portion of the people of NYC and New Jersey
2) There are constant reports of how much everybody on the team hates each other, and is widely regarding as being a place where wildly overpaid talent at the end of their relevance go to die (yes, they are bad at negotiating)
3) Their last championship was in 1968
4) Their most successful head coach in recent memory was an extremely open foot fetishist
5) They were also the team involved in the NFL's most famous dick pics scandal
6) Their most famous athletic feat in the last 20 years was the Butt Fumble, a play so legendarily bad it has its own wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble
7) Last season one of their players got fined for celebrating a touchdown by mock wiping his asscrack with the football

In short, while "sports team owner" in general does not qualify one to become ambassador to the United Kingdom, and while the New York Jets are not the most objectively terrible franchise by any means, they are strong contenders for being the most embarrasing fuckups, and needless to say the owner is freinds with TRUMP, which is how we got here.

I just hate the Jets because they play in loving New Jersey not New York so their name is a lie.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

The New York Jets are a football team, not to be confused with the New York Giants (with whom they share a stadium). They are widely known for incompetence occasionally flourishing into mediocrity, but most of all for the Trumpian atmosphere of backbiting and degeneracy within the organization. Consider the following:

1) The Jets are not even the most popular team in their own city, and the fan base is generally considered to be the chudlier portion of the people of NYC and New Jersey
2) There are constant reports of how much everybody on the team hates each other, and is widely regarding as being a place where wildly overpaid talent at the end of their relevance go to die (yes, they are bad at negotiating)
4) Their most successful head coach in recent memory was an extremely open foot fetishist
6) Their most famous athletic feat in the last 20 years was the Butt Fumble, a play so legendarily bad it has its own wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble

In short, while "sports team owner" in general does not qualify one to become ambassador to the United Kingdom, and while the New York Jets are not the most objectively terrible franchise by any means, they are strong contenders for being the most embarrasing fuckups, and needless to say the owner is freinds with TRUMP, which is how we got here.

This is all cool and good and I would like to add onto it that they are also notoriously bad at drafting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogxxzFMPwM

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
from trumop thread:

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

the bush admin had chicago pd go down to guantanamo to help teach the cia how to torture people because the chicago blacksites had been around longer lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

they call me mr brexit

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

R. Guyovich posted:

that's actually a different us war criminal.

Someone else mentioned Eliot Abram, I guess I responded to the wrong post

WampaLord posted:

This is all cool and good and I would like to add onto it that they are also notoriously bad at drafting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogxxzFMPwM

I was about to be disappointed that people were talking about the Jet without posting NY Jets Draft Blunders but thanks for stepping up

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

When Mitt Romney pointed out that blind trusts are "a ruse".

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

I seem to have triggered a number of sports memories today

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfkYfPNckIM

This is one of the purest JEB! self owns because there is literally no reason for it. Nobody asked him about the shuttle disaster and he had no reason to try and mention a date he didn't know. I love it.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

swampland posted:

This is one of the purest JEB! self owns because there is literally no reason for it. Nobody asked him about the shuttle disaster and he had no reason to try and mention a date he didn't know. I love it.

Holy poo poo lol. His annoyed shrug when he couldn't even remember the year haha

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

His personal life became a lurid public spectacle; he and his wife had a cuck thing going on and someone exposed his online account for finding men for his wife and the NY Post and Daily News made bank off publishing the details. It was dark days for personal privacy, american media, voyeuristic consumerism and Jets football.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

One of the world's largest and best-known environmental protection NGOs employs paramilitary troops of its own who they allow to murder and torture freely, financed by your donations as well as the trade in highly illegal military-grade weaponry

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

System Metternich posted:

One of the world's largest and best-known environmental protection NGOs employs paramilitary troops of its own who they allow to murder and torture freely, financed by your donations as well as the trade in highly illegal military-grade weaponry

This is about the WWF right? I'd be technically ok if a NGO based around stopping wild animal killings and stopping global warming was heavily armed and was killing people, but they're apparently doing it randomly and to peaceful villagers.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
The Philadelphia police bombed a black liberation group from a helicopter, killing 11 people and burning down a bunch of houses

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

MikeCrotch posted:

The Philadelphia police bombed a black liberation group from a helicopter, killing 11 people and burning down a bunch of houses

pro: taking radical, supposedly not-fatal action against a group of professional trolls who had been loving with you for a decade
nah bro: not taking into account the potential damage to surrounding persons because you don't give a single gently caress about the black community

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

DiggityDoink posted:

This is about the WWF right? I'd be technically ok if a NGO based around stopping wild animal killings and stopping global warming was heavily armed and was killing people, but they're apparently doing it randomly and to peaceful villagers.

if you're the world humanity fund, I honestly trust you more than I trust our government to do this in a way that helps the locals fight oppression

if you're there to protect animals, I'm very very scared for the locals

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

swampland posted:

god, I forgot this one, thank you

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
US Ambassadors are probably the cushiest government job there is. Our ambassador to The Vatican is Newt Gingrich's Wife (the one he had an affair with while his second wife was dying)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

crazy cloud posted:

from trumop thread:

lmao america

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Peanut President posted:

US Ambassadors are probably the cushiest government job there is. Our ambassador to The Vatican is Newt Gingrich's Wife (the one he had an affair with while his second wife was dying)

Your ambassador to Germany is a huge chud and managed to get hated by just about everybody in Berlin in a record timespan, so that now the only ones left willingly meeting with him are literal neo-nazis, lol

e: this is a good piece on the total disaster that is the American ambassador to Europe's most powerful country

System Metternich has issued a correction as of 22:39 on Mar 9, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

System Metternich posted:

Your ambassador to Germany is a huge chud and managed to get hated by just about everybody in Berlin in a record timespan, so that now the only ones left willingly meeting with him are literal neo-nazis, lol

Working as intended then.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

marktheando posted:

Well that sounds pretty incompetent, but I'm confident still more competent than Theresa May.

Something important to understand about american sports is we don't have relegations, and in football's case, profits are even shared, so the floor for incompetence may be truly shocking for some. Just look at the case of Richie Incognito- he damaged every team he was on but people kept hiring him and starting him for 10 years.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

LastInLine posted:

I've said the same thing about Wyoming since I was like ten years old.

wyoming is actually cool and real and good. it just has a high percentage of chuds.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
F-35 Beast Mode

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Western Europe Ambassadorships still operate under the Spoils System even under Presidents who aren't notoriously terrible at foreign policy because the assumption is that our relationship is close enough that any big problems can be handled by the leaders talking face-to-face and small ones by the career diplomats at number 2.

Obama's UK ambassador, for instance, had two qualifications: he raised a poo poo-ton of money for Obama in '08 and ran in similar rich-gently caress circles to McConnell in Louisville which meant delaying him might affect Mitch's cocktail parties.

The tiny-rear end Carribean countries with 30,000 people follow similar rules for obvious reasons.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

a couple months early but i just remembered this tweet

https://twitter.com/pitbull/status/869240498510217216

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Western Europe Ambassadorships still operate under the Spoils System even under Presidents who aren't notoriously terrible at foreign policy because the assumption is that our relationship is close enough that any big problems can be handled by the leaders talking face-to-face and small ones by the career diplomats at number 2.

Obama's UK ambassador, for instance, had two qualifications: he raised a poo poo-ton of money for Obama in '08 and ran in similar rich-gently caress circles to McConnell in Louisville which meant delaying him might affect Mitch's cocktail parties.

The tiny-rear end Carribean countries with 30,000 people follow similar rules for obvious reasons.

Obama’s ambassador to Ireland was Dan Rooney, the late owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
in less than three years, Steve Bannon went from being on the cover of Time, senior strategist to the White House, and one of the heads of Breitbart to losing a layup election in Alabama, getting bounced from Breitbart, losing Mercer money, and finally giving speeches to 17 people in Kansas Holiday Inns

though the Roy Moore election was his biggest notable botch, him getting fired from Breitbart was supposedly because of Fire and Fury

also, Steve Bannon gets residuals every time Seinfeld airs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Batista feeling Cuba in the middle of the night with a huge amount of stolen money and never facing any kind of repercussions for his torturous regime is kind of a power move tbh

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Pretty much all the media post-Katrina

photos of white people "foraging" vs. black people "looting"

Wolf Blitzer going "They are so poor and they are so black"

Kanye hitting peak Kanye

everything was so loving good.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Air Force Anime Swords

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeCrotch posted:

the police also opened fire on a mother carrying her child out of the burning building

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Something important to understand about american sports is we don't have relegations, and in football's case, profits are even shared, so the floor for incompetence may be truly shocking for some. Just look at the case of Richie Incognito- he damaged every team he was on but people kept hiring him and starting him for 10 years.

I have a feeling none of this is as staggering as Theresa May still somehow being Prime Minister after what feels like a decade of Brexit chaos.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it's not really that staggering. dumb backwater shithole has dumb backwater shithead PM

bing bing bong , so simple

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

marktheando posted:

I have a feeling none of this is as staggering as Theresa May still somehow being Prime Minister after what feels like a decade of Brexit chaos.

IDK dude jimmy johnson singlehandedly dismantled the superbowl-dominating cowboys in the 90s out of spite.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

it's not really that staggering. dumb backwater shithole has dumb backwater shithead PM

bing bing bong , so simple

It's pretty unique even for this awful country. Even Cameron and Thatcher had enough shame to quit when their position became untenable. May just.. continues even though she literally can't govern or pass legislation.

30.5 Days posted:

IDK dude jimmy johnson singlehandedly dismantled the superbowl-dominating cowboys in the 90s out of spite.

Do these Super Bowl dominating cowboys wear little cowboy hats? If not they can gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

marktheando posted:

It's pretty unique even for this awful country. Even Cameron and Thatcher had enough shame to quit when their position became untenable. May just.. continues even though she literally can't govern or pass legislation.

I'm entirely sure she also wants out, the problem is that there's nobody to replace her, the only people stupid enough to take the job right now are BoJo and Farage types who're either out of politics or backbenched so lol