Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Blaze Dragon posted:

Let Justin have ant powers, you cowards. Adapt the morpher to him, not the other way around! It'll be super useful in the battles ahead!

Plus of all the animals we have, I'm pretty sure we've never had an Ant Ranger.

Bug morphs are for Masked Rider. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lt Stone drops a big fuckin ant action figure on the counter to scare away ants

so Divatox does some dumb bullshit with an evil zord

My boy Zedd were around he'd say something like "Ohhh those rangers have an problem, do they? Well you can just consider me, ANTS AT A PICNIC[i] HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

And then he'd fuckin make an ant monster

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was just a normal fuckin ant

If a normal ant bites you you get superpowers

Ashley's cunning plan to make Cassie have a wet t shirt will surely make this teen boy lose interest

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 8, 2019

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Carlos are in trouble

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Coq au Nandos posted:

Carlos are in trouble

Carlos is the plural of Carlos.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Carlos is the plural of Carlos.

Just like Piranhatron.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

They're stupid, they're lazy, they're useless.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just like Piranhatron.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Mighty Morphin movie is getting a blu ray release this June. No fancy special features.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That sucks. You know it wouldn't have been hard to get JDF to do a track.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At least put in an extra so he and JYB can both tell the stories of how they almost killed each other through escalating dares on set

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Another bit of news, Shout keep going backwards in sentai with a DVD release of Fiveman later this year. I’m thinking we might actually get all of Sentai with official English subs.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Liar Lyre posted:

Another bit of news, Shout keep going backwards in sentai with a DVD release of Fiveman later this year. I’m thinking we might actually get all of Sentai with official English subs.

*Lurks loudly*

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

If shout goes back at least as far as change man then I might be able to die a happy man someday

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

All I want is Akibaranger. Please give me Akibaranger.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, TJ does some security work.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

All I want is Akibaranger. Please give me Akibaranger.

Same (hell, it's short enough that you could probably fit both seasons onto a single set). I'm also hoping this does well enough to get a Turboranger sub as every fansub group I've seen tackle it wound up dropping the show after the first few episodes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Went to buy clothes for my kid at the consignment sale today and over in the toys they had a big season 1 t Rex zord.

No idea if it's from back then or anything but it was in great condition and $1.50 so I was pretty stoked. I'll have to post a pic when I get home.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Went to buy clothes for my kid at the consignment sale today and over in the toys they had a big season 1 t Rex zord.

No idea if it's from back then or anything but it was in great condition and $1.50 so I was pretty stoked. I'll have to post a pic when I get home.

There was a re-issue of like... 3 of the zords? I know Tyrannosaurus and Saber-Tooth Tiger, but I never saw any of the other ones

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lest anyone worry, I'm putting the final touches on the final episode of Car Wars as I post. It's gonna be a doozy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, jesus loving christ :stare:

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 10, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I knew it. I knew Carlos was going to be the final villain! You linked to the wrong video.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
You have the wrong link there, LizWiz.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Carlos strikes again! :argh:

anyway I fixed it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
...I'm honestly impressed, actually. A foe strong enough they had to sacrifice both megazords and their cannon to beat it, a big siege where the villains showed some surprising competence, and then the threat of someone so powerful Divatox is terrified of them. Followed by the rangers going into space to chase after her? This is how you end a season.

Turbo may have had a bad stretch a little ways in where detonator stopped being a word, but I think overall it's actually been a pretty strong season. Certainly not deserving of some of the flak I've heard people give it. (Disclaimer: This is coming from someone whose only exposure to the franchise is Liz's videos.)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Liz Wiz and Yapping Eevee are both wrong, Turbo fuckin' sucks

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Keep in mind that in the middle of the Honey I Shrunk The Rangers two-parter you had like a three month break. They took in a lot of feedback and when the show came back it put an end to the stupid detonator plots and actually invested a little coin in what it was doing. The show had US ranger costumes for a long while now, but stuff like the second half of that episode where they crawl through the sub and fight tiny Phiranatrons and deal with Divatox's giant contact lens and the huge tongue were not only asking the infamously tight US crew to spend a buck or two on a prop and a greenscreen now and then, but it was going in really strange places that the show, following the seasons 1-4 formula, hadn't really considered before.

The far less serious approach suited the material, but it was still sort of hated at the time because "damnit how am I supposed to stan for this show at school in front of the other kids" became a problem when you had Count Carlos, the Jacket Monster, the Pizza Episode, etc.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 10, 2019

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Yapping Eevee posted:

Turbo may have had a bad stretch a little ways in where detonator stopped being a word, but I think overall it's actually been a pretty strong season. Certainly not deserving of some of the flak I've heard people give it. (Disclaimer: This is coming from someone whose only exposure to the franchise is Liz's videos.)

It's probably a good thing they decided to replace the cast, the first half of Turbo reminds me of an aging sports team with bad superstars, then at the second half, they trade all the dead weight and bring up the youngsters from the farm.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Eddie Whitson posted:

It's probably a good thing they decided to replace the cast, the first half of Turbo reminds me of an aging sports team with bad superstars, then at the second half, they trade all the dead weight and bring up the youngsters from the farm.

The first half of Turbo is super weird because JDF must have written into his contract that he doesn’t have to show up, because 90% of Tommy scenes are just him driving a car, and then off to fight in-suit

I wouldn’t dare anyone to do it, but it’d be interesting to see screen time % of Tommy vs Kat/Adam/Tanya

And the wildest thing is none of it even makes sense given JDF’s ego

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Eddie Whitson posted:

I know it's selective as hell based on what they chose and what I remember, but it the bloopers for Turbo gave me this vibe that most of them felt fundamentally done with the series. Like, blooper for another series? Oh, they goofed, actors have a quick laugh over it. Turbo? I know "ugh my coworker hosed up again" look, from the perspective of being the fuckup-witnesser and the gently caress-upper, and they made no effort to hide it.

I know that JYB has said that the whole cast turnover was done by the higher-ups when JDF wanted out, but I can't shake the impression that TPTB picked up on the rest of the cast being sick of the show long before that and were just deciding to do a fill rollover at once.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol the red ranger is weak against "seeing a dog" because he has cheetah dna and cheetahs are cats and cats are afraid of dogs. The yellow ranger has jackrabbit dna so she starts to lose energy unless she eats carrots. The blue ranger just goes apeshit if he uses too much power.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Lol the red ranger is weak against "seeing a dog" because he has cheetah dna and cheetahs are cats and cats are afraid of dogs. The yellow ranger has jackrabbit dna so she starts to lose energy unless she eats carrots. The blue ranger just goes apeshit if he uses too much power.

So the blue ranger has cop dna?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gorilla.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

So cop DNA, gotcha

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Don't cross the thin blue line.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I'm surprised they hewed that close to the sentai. Wow.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

So cop DNA, gotcha

Don’t insult gorillas like that man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm surprised they hewed that close to the sentai. Wow.

It was pretty hilarious, he was fighting a giant monster and knocked it out of the way and there was a giant billboard for dogfood

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I’ve only seen clips on YouTube but so far I’m really digging it

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

It was pretty hilarious, he was fighting a giant monster and knocked it out of the way and there was a giant billboard for dogfood

This is Gobus footage except in Gobus it was an ad for chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Finally got around to watching the first episode of Beast Morphers. Theme song's kind of meh but I like the characters and premise so far, interesting they chose to use Dark Buster's suit instead of Enter's monster form (which makes me wonder if that one will still be showing up later in some capacity) though. Overall not a bad start.

Interesting to hear they kept the weakness aspect from the Sentai though (only difference in that version was that Red was afraid of chickens and Yellow had to recharge her energy by eating candy).