Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

I've never heard a single sound any of my phone games makes.

We actually use phone game sounds to talk about you without you knowing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The actual gameplay of Brown Dust is cool, just a shame that the structure is so nakedly exploitative, the art is generic and the story/character stuff is paper thin.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

New Leaf posted:

I've never heard a single sound any of my phone games makes.

Phones have... sounds? :confused:

I mean the vibration makes a brrrrrt, does that count? :v:

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Is there a thread/guild/discord for epic seven?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

l0lwhat posted:

Is there a thread/guild/discord for epic seven?

There is an active discord/guild here: https://discord.gg/dMSvv5t, but no one has gotten around to making a thread because forums aren't really the ideal medium for discussing teams and what not. That said, it would probably help as a recruiting tool to have a thread, so maybe I'll badger someone to make one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's likely not the original intention, but the thread title makes me laugh. I think it's been months, maybe even close to a year, since King's Raid has been flooding this thread.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah that was my quote unfortunately.. It does need a refresh, though!

Android Gaming: gently caress you, this actually really is the Android Gaming thread now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Android Gaming: Because rerolling IS the game

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Len posted:

Android Gaming: Because rerolling IS the game

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I think we did have a couple of people who genuinely thought this was the kings raid thread, haha.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Tagichatn posted:

I think we did have a couple of people who genuinely thought this was the kings raid thread, haha.

i always smiled when this thread and the actual Kings Raid thread were right by each other in the Games thread list

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's likely not the original intention, but the thread title makes me laugh. I think it's been months, maybe even close to a year, since King's Raid has been flooding this thread.

My condolences to everyone who play(ed) King's Raid. That game gets stale so fast.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

My condolences to everyone who play(ed) any gacha at all, whatsoever. Those games get stale so fast.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eh. I'm enjoying my return to Final Fantasy Record Keeper, now that it freezes way less, and I'm enjoying Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia. :shrug:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pray for my aunt posted:

The actual gameplay of Brown Dust is cool, just a shame that the structure is so nakedly exploitative, the art is generic and the story/character stuff is paper thin.

Additions that I'd really like:
--Automated campaign grinding. You can repeat stages all over the place, but I'd like to just tell it to go through the campaign and keep sweeping stages until one 2-stars or something so I can start making interesting decisions again. This section is massive and has so many clickthroughs once every stage has three loot packs to be animated and then there's hardmodes on top of that.
--Run in background/phone turned off. I don't want a fancy sleep screen, I'd like to pop over to Chrome for a bit and then hop back to see some progress. If not for the "repeat stage" automation at least for the event and rune dungeon stuff. It'll happily churn away at those no matter which part of the game you're looking at but the moment the phone falls asleep it stops.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is Knights Chronicle actually any good?
I started playing a few days ago because I saw the Fairy Tail collab, and I am a shameless sucker for that show, but I haven't really done anything besides a few story levels and grinding the easier Erza level.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Gacha games are all I play on my phone these days. Got back into Granblue Fantasy after a short break. FF Opera Omnia is decent too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

the_steve posted:

Is Knights Chronicle actually any good?
I started playing a few days ago because I saw the Fairy Tail collab, and I am a shameless sucker for that show, but I haven't really done anything besides a few story levels and grinding the easier Erza level.

No

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Additions that I'd really like:
--Automated campaign grinding. You can repeat stages all over the place, but I'd like to just tell it to go through the campaign and keep sweeping stages until one 2-stars or something so I can start making interesting decisions again. This section is massive and has so many clickthroughs once every stage has three loot packs to be animated and then there's hardmodes on top of that.
--Run in background/phone turned off. I don't want a fancy sleep screen, I'd like to pop over to Chrome for a bit and then hop back to see some progress. If not for the "repeat stage" automation at least for the event and rune dungeon stuff. It'll happily churn away at those no matter which part of the game you're looking at but the moment the phone falls asleep it stops.

So your favorite features of the game is that you don't have to play it?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The forums claim there's a new post in this thread by Shwqa, but once loaded, the last post is by Mr Hootington.

I guess the forums don't love Shwqa.

But I do. Happy birthday, Shwqa!

Edit: My post made Shwqa's post appear! Hooray!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kheldarn posted:

The forums claim there's a new post in this thread by Shwqa, but once loaded, the last post is by Mr Hootington.

I was wondering what was going on there.

Just wondering, what are people's timer-based games of choice? Like, idling games but without the numbers-into-the-stratosphere element, like town builders, the cat cafe game that my gf plays, Fallout Shelter, that stuff.

Edit: Basically something I can have on while watching TV, glance down every now and then to interact with, then stop paying attention for a bit.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 11, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shwqa posted:

Yes. The system seems like there could be interesting stuff and I'm curious if between the faceroll and get-rolled difficulties there's a section of strategy I can enjoy, but getting through the faceroll section is a slog.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Morpheus posted:

I was wondering what was going on there.

Just wondering, what are people's timer-based games of choice? Like, idling games but without the numbers-into-the-stratosphere element, like town builders, the cat cafe game that my gf plays, Fallout Shelter, that stuff.

Edit: Basically something I can have on while watching TV, glance down every now and then to interact with, then stop paying attention for a bit.

Hustle Castle is surprisingly fun, and deeper than it looks from the ads. I'm also digging Almost a Hero at the moment, but that's pretty solidly an exponential idle game so it may not appeal.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn posted:

If you ever get a stuck post like that you just need to force a cache reset. It's a present left over from Radium. Command+R on a mac or Control+r on Windows / *nix should allow you to see the post. A new post will unstick the last one but may cause yours to become stuck.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Hooray someone finally loves me!

Also you remembered :unsmith:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Anyone else try out the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia idle game? Maybe I'm missing something but its sadly pretty boring.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Shwqa posted:

The problem is that auto-playing is what the game wants and expects you to do, and you're just supposed to leave your phone running actively and untouched for 10-30 minutes for one of the big dailies.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Flayer posted:

Anyone else try out the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia idle game? Maybe I'm missing something but its sadly pretty boring.

Is it the standard idler where you buy things to raise a number, watch ads to make the number get bigger faster, and then reset to do it all again fast? (with +50% boost for watching an ad when you restart)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The person(s) who made Progress Quest were a decade too soon for their genius.

(for all I know they work on some billion dollar idle clicker now)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Progress Quest and Dungeon Raid are the best games I've ever played.

Someone should make a Flash/HTML5/whatever web version of Dungeon Raid.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Or just update Dungeon Raid for Android 8/9. Troll patrol just doesn't quite scratch the same itch :(

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have to believe it's what inspired a lot of the games, such as Cookie Clicker, that made the industry.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Len posted:

Is it the standard idler where you buy things to raise a number, watch ads to make the number get bigger faster, and then reset to do it all again fast? (with +50% boost for watching an ad when you restart)
Kind of, yeah. It's split up into chapters where only your cards carry over so there is some strategy in terms of what to level up. Each Chapter has a mini-story which plays off of an Always Sunny episode so if you're a fan of the show you'll get a lot more out of it as well as appreciating the art/cards more. The progression through different story arcs of the show does add something above the usual aimless idler experience.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Stardew's out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Has this thing been posted yet?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.walmart.sparkCity

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

walmart must be pretty hard up for low-level managers lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

walmart must be pretty hard up for low-level managers lol

No this just let's them fire 'em and replace them with people doing it for free as a phone game.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
One day someone will release a stock buying sim and when some players really start getting good at it, it will update and then the company will make millions off of like 2-3 guys actually buying and selling real stocks.
And they'll never even know it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/E3jZXwf_d.jpg

I'm 7 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Won't let me edit for some reason.