Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NO TIM APPLE NO TIM APPLE YOU'RE THE TIM APPLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I just find Tim Apple, the name, very comical as a concept.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Get hosed if you wear tan suits

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The issue isn't really that Donnie is "drawing on the walls with his own poo poo" lunatic. It's that millions of American voters are so twisted around that they refuse to acknowledge there's a problem no matter what he does.

Edit: Media Matters is going to be dropping some more Tucker tapes. These ones will be racist poo poo he's said. I expect less of an impact since his show right now is mostly racism that he barely makes an effort to conceal, if he bothers to at all.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 11, 2019

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

The issue isn't really that Donnie is "drawing on the walls with his own poo poo" lunatic. It's that millions of American voters are so twisted around that they refuse to acknowledge there's a problem no matter what he does.

Edit: Media Matters is going to be dropping some more Tucker tapes. These ones will be racist poo poo he's said. I expect less of an impact since his show right now is mostly racism that he barely makes an effort to conceal, if he bothers to at all.

*Tucker's ratings go up in light of the awesome and totally great racisms he is doing*

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Steve Apple was a Jobs creator

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Reign Of Pain posted:

Get hosed if you wear tan suits

Did your papa go on a lot of safaris or something? Someone stylish make fun of your haircut? Did the Islamic shock force you to get vaccinated?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Fox either won't report on the things that are embarrassing to him or will turn it into "look at the straws the democrats are grasping at" and the only people who are exposed to his twitter idiocy are people like us that are dumb enough to read it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Oh hey the 2020 DNC Convention is going to take place less than a mile from where I live. This is going to be interesting. :toot:

https://twitter.com/EvanMcS/status/1105119737191809024

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

EBB posted:

Steve Apple was a Jobs creator

Pretty sure Woz was the Jobs creator

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Did your papa go on a lot of safaris or something? Someone stylish make fun of your haircut? Did the Islamic shock force you to get vaccinated?

Just the 1st one :(

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
There are suit colours dark skinned people can pull off that white and orange people cannot.

Tan is one of them, Grey Poupon is another.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I think Pelosi is exactly right about this, sadly.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1105200158990585857?s=19

Really solid interview, for what it's worth. Basically, Nixon didn't have shameless Republicans and a Fox News propaganda outfit, so impeachment isn't really going to do poo poo anyways. The caveat is right too - as soon as Senate Republicans fall, impeach the motherfucker, but until then there isn't much of a point.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Mike Pence is a bigger threat

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Really solid interview, for what it's worth. Basically, Nixon didn't have shameless Republicans and a Fox News propaganda outfit, so impeachment isn't really going to do poo poo anyways. The caveat is right too - as soon as Senate Republicans fall, impeach the motherfucker, but until then there isn't much of a point.

My initial gut reaction on this is, gently caress that and gently caress them. The country should be divided. Donnie is a poo poo-flinging dementia patient wrapped in a narcissistic shell of open white supremacy and blatant daily constitutional violations selling out the country for his personal profit. Pull the goddam impeachment trigger and stop letting poo poo slide. No Republicans won't vote for it and yes it will fail in the Senate. That's on them.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Isn’t the country already divided?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FrozenVent posted:

Isn’t the country already divided?

Thanks Obama

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1105182775580213248?s=20

:stwoon:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

She forgot AIDS.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Casimir Radon posted:

She forgot AIDS.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1105185391282454529

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

-Taking advice from Nancy's loving astrologer.

Guess she wasn't done yet. That's kind of a big one. People didn't care until rich white guys started dying too.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

While I get the calculus behind this, it still sounds like "eh, gently caress it. Too hard! What can we do?"

It's reminiscent of when Clinton was asked about universal healthcare in the 2016 primaries and she kept saying "ACA is as good as it gets guys, trying for UHC/MFA would be way too hard and not worth the effort!"

It's almost like telling people that things are too hard to pull off makes them not want to bother with you or something.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Imagine if we knew how to minimize the spread of HIV in 1983 instead of the mid 90s. Instead ignore GRID because killing fags supports the agenda of your base.

Burn in hell Ronnie.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

please please please let her twist the knife by crediting him for California's gun laws

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

While I get the calculus behind this, it still sounds like "eh, gently caress it. Too hard! What can we do?"

To some extent, it's giving everyone involved election cover.

Moderates (idiots) are scared that impeachment proceedings will gently caress up their re-election path, a la Clinton impeachment.

Liberals want Trump out right now, but know impeachment is toast in the Senate. So, they get to yell about the lack of progress being Pelosi's fault. If they get asked why they're not introducing impeachment resolutions like they did last Congress, they just blame Pelosi some more.

Pelosi gets to shelve the issue and it's not like she cares about being a huge villain. She also dances the line between Moderates (idiots) and Liberals so the Democratic kitten herd is mostly kept held together. She also has a gigantic caveat in her statement if the Mueller Investigation changes anything.

Democratic Presidential Candidates win because they say anything they want about the subject, knowing that it's non-binding either way. They can take any of the above approaches and still have a solid "WE NEED TO BEAT THIS MOTHERFUCKER IN 2020, THAT'S THE SOLUTION" rallying cry.

Another one of those cases where the only fix was to not elect the idiot in the first place.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The fix is primarying all the succdems who are scared of winning because they'd be expected to do things

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

She also has a gigantic caveat in her statement if the Mueller Investigation changes anything.

Yeah I was just about to mention this. I see that as being a way to give her cover that if things do turn up where if even Lindsey "DC's most eligible bachelor" Graham gets the vapors, she can go right ahead and initiate impeachment proceedings.

Like I said, I totally get it and I think the calculus is certainly there that it benefits the Dems in the long run, but it's still kind of poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mueller could provide tapes of Donnie raping a white baby and it wouldn't change things for the vast majority of them.

Edit: As the father of a daughter I am concerned but still respect his ability to own the libs.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 11, 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Casimir Radon posted:

Mueller could provide tapes of Donnie raping a white baby and it wouldn't change things for the vast majority of them.

Edit: As the father of a daughter I am concerned but still respect his ability to own the libs.

https://twitter.com/gin_and_tacos/status/1105216905558876160?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Long ways or short ways

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Casimir Radon posted:

:lol: oh no doubt. I just think she's giving herself wiggle room even if the chance is incredibly remote.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Mueller could provide tapes of Donnie raping a white baby

Meanwhile, on ResistTwitter, the Krassensteins would be cheering for this, baby be damned.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this is pretty much how watergate was until the supreme court ruled the tapes had to be turned over

the gop did the same poo poo for nixon they're doing for trump, and they'll do it up to the final second its still an option

honestly its going to come down to letting him walk if he resigns in agreement for not prosecuting the family

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this is pretty much how watergate was until the supreme court ruled the tapes had to be turned over

the gop did the same poo poo for nixon they're doing for trump, and they'll do it up to the final second its still an option

honestly its going to come down to letting him walk if he resigns in agreement for not prosecuting the family
They got away with Watergate, Iran-Contra, and Iraq to name a few. I don't care if it's not convenient. A bunch of fuckers need to go to prison and the poorhouse.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hey let's not carry out justice because people might get angry and have feelings about the outcome. This might influence our elected positions that contain a responsibility to carry out the law.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Not a single Republican will ever vote for impeachment because they'd at best lose their seat and at worst get killed.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Just in general, impeachment needs to be more of a thing. Go back to using it simply for conduct unbecoming, in all three branches. Drag these fuckers misconduct into the daylight.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Crakkerjakk posted:

Just in general, impeachment needs to be more of a thing. Go back to using it simply for conduct unbecoming, in all three branches. Drag these fuckers misconduct into the daylight.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Nopity nope nope nope

https://store.pelosiforcongress.org/collections/patron-saint-of-shade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lez_WdX7Oc