Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

MA-Horus posted:

If you're Canadian add Lee Valley to that list.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I only know Williams-Sonoma through the annual Deadspin podcast where they make fun of the latest catalogue and it’s always good, although they missed it this year due to Drew Magary being hospitalized.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They had a sweet sale on Wusthof knives once so I bought a paring knife and chef's knife combo for like $100. It was 40% off the price of everywhere else at the time. And it's the premium forged knives made in Germany, not their cheaper "international" models.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

They had a sweet sale on Wusthof knives once so I bought a paring knife and chef's knife combo for like $100. It was 40% off the price of everywhere else at the time. And it's the premium forged knives made in Germany, not their cheaper "international" models.

I have 4 wusthof knives that I have been using daily for almost a decade. They're amazing and I have no need for any others until these get sharpened down into carvers.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mind you Lee Valley is also mecca for jorts dads and grandma gardeners

It's for everyone really.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

MA-Horus posted:

If you're Canadian add Lee Valley to that list.

As an American Lee Valley is amazing and I wish I could afford to buy all of their (own) hand planes, saws, whatever.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
None of these are interesting to look at but I bought:
-a 43" Insignia LED TV (a big upgrade to my old 24 inch LCD)
-a chromecast now that I have an extra HDMI port
-Fury Road on Blu-Ray
-Sims 4 Deluxe for about $7 on sale!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i have a 6 inch carbon steel french peasant knife from lee valley and it's now my favorite knife

then they sent me the catalog and i completely understand why peeps feel that way about lee valley because the entire fuckin rest of the catalog is useless crap

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

You can get a 20m Classic chef's knife in Germany for under 60EUR, so that's what I did a few years ago when I was there and it feels awesome and performs great.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

mobby_6kl posted:

You can get a 20m Classic chef's knife in Germany for under 60EUR, so that's what I did a few years ago when I was there and it feels awesome and performs great.

That's a big rear end knife.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Etrips posted:

That's a big rear end knife.

I had like 200 words about how 8" is a normal knife before I caught the typo.

e: I want a 20m knife.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I’m thinking of replacing my memory foam mattress with an innerspring because it sucks for sex. About a year ago, I bought a Zinus 12” queen memory foam mattress. The mattress has been great to sleep on BUT it’s absolutely terrible for sex. The sink, the lack of rebound, the sliding.

I’m moving across town in a couple months and thinking about ditching the memory foam mattress altogether and getting an innerspring from Costco or something. Thoughts?

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Mar 10, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Have more exciting sex

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Do it on the floor.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

2nd century brass coin of Faustina The Elder, wife of Antonius Pius. Renowned for her beauty, wisdom, and charity.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Mar 10, 2019

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

2nd century brass coin of Faustina The Elder, wife of Antonius Pius. Renowned for her beauty, wisdom, and charity.

This is extremely cool

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

SpartanIvy posted:

I hit peak Millennial a few days ago and bought these things when I saw them. I like green and needed a new pair of comfy shoes.

Holy poo poo i have never wanted a shoe more in my life. I love the avocado on the tongue! None available for my tiny lady feet though, and $200 on ebay anyhow... Sigh

kreyla has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Mar 10, 2019

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Never seen a straight man shop at Williams Sonoma. Except for myself.

You’re gay

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I and my partner are making several boring purchases of things like boxes and packing tape because we're moving in together and it's exciting and scary. I can't wait :3:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i bought tickets to go look at a derelict abandoned art deco mansion which has been 'redecorated' by a 'street artist'

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The photo looks like a painting (or is it a painting??)

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Gun/vape/bike parts for a GTI.

Also, a 65" TCL 6 Series TV, haven't owned a TV in 9 years!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

I bought this robot car, chicken and kitty among some other things.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

This is extremely cool and would have been my favorite toy as a child.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I thrifted two pairs of wolverine boots for a song. They need a bit of love, but for the price I paid I'm not complaining. They were both recently resoled too, so stoked!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I thrifted two pairs of wolverine boots for a song. They need a bit of love, but for the price I paid I'm not complaining. They were both recently resoled too, so stoked!

Someone just died. These are a dead man’s boots. You bought yourself a death curse!

They’re nice though

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Congrats, I have a pair of tan wingtips just like that, they're great boots.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

bowmore posted:

The photo looks like a painting (or is it a painting??)

It's a photo of a house full of paintings

e. I realise i didn't post a link to more info and that's rude of me
https://tickets.r-o-n-e.com/exhibit-information

Bogan Krkic has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Mar 11, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's a photo of a house full of paintings

it's very cool

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just went to Costco and bought a LG 32UK50T-W 32" Class 4K UHD FreeSync Monitor.

New computer comes monday.

Got this badboy last night when it was on clearance for $499.99.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool SLC8760CPG w/ Intel i7-8700K 3.7 ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB Memory DDR4, 120GB SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM HD, and Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Computer

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Just went to Costco and bought a LG 32UK50T-W 32" Class 4K UHD FreeSync Monitor.

New computer comes monday.

Got this badboy last night when it was on clearance for $499.99.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool SLC8760CPG w/ Intel i7-8700K 3.7 ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB Memory DDR4, 120GB SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM HD, and Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Computer

drat that's a sick deal for that rig. Make sure you buy the Division 2.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My bargain hunting has paid off again with a near mint auto-bellows and accessory kit with original manuals for almost everything.

Also rad hand written notes. Looks like I'm going to start shooting a lot of macro.

I love this thing, it's so goofy.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Lomg boye

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

drat that's a sick deal for that rig. Make sure you buy the Division 2.

Yeah I paid almost $400 for a 1070 around end of 2017 :negative:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah I paid almost $400 for a 1070 around end of 2017 :negative:

yeah i got a 1080 right when it came out...should have sold it during the crypto crunch, oh well.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gun parts:

for my new Gen 5 Glock 17

Car parts:

for my old 2002 Toyota Highlander

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Megabound posted:

I love this thing, it's so goofy.

I'm amazed that the bellows doesn't have holes in it. That's a great find.

Makes me miss my old Spotmatic. :rip:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

So the MIJ Jaguar I posted last month didn't take. The money I would have needed to put into it to get it into playable shape made it a bum deal, and I just didn't care about it as much as I loved my MIM Jazzmaster.

So I bit the bullet and bought a big boy American Jazzmaster today. So stoked for it to arrive.

It's a 2018 Fender American Original '60s Jazzmaster with Rosewood Fretboard in 3-Color Sunburst.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

[quote="Android Apocalypse" post="493299922"]
Gun parts:

for my new Gen 5 Glock 17

You own unique firearms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall