Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Patreon donations have doubled since that thread was posted, he's finally cracked the $20/hr threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Cool, I've been a patreon since he started the thing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Donate to the Patreon you nerds:
https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

This dumb gay forum has provided me hours of entertainment, I can drop some coffee money monthly on it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What even are the monthly costs to run this place?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

What even are the monthly costs to run this place?

Apparently making GBS threads expensive, I can't find a link where lowtax is talking about it but its thousands of dollars.

e: And on top of that he doesn't have another job as far as I know so you need your lowtax wages every month.

Hexyflexy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 12, 2019

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jesus can he just turn this place into a subscription service already gently caress

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m really surprised some tech bro hasn’t figured out a way to better monetize the forums and bought him out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJT...Ftwitter.com%2F

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Did Fredo the Lesser here just try to burn someone on the Twitter machine?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I gave him 100 bucks and now im a nap ghost

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Throwing stones in glass houses I see.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

This idiot is exactly the kind of kid whose parent bought their grades

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This idiot is exactly the kind of kid whose parent bought their grades
No doubt his and his siblings admissions process were even more heinous.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Just kicked in 50.00

Still waiting on my hand-drawn spaceships Lowtax

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I also gave $50.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So who has details for the discord for when the plug is finally pulled on this dead, gay forum?

I bet that subreddit that rrail made is still around too, right?

Too bad he isn't

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pkells posted:

So who has details for the discord for when the plug is finally pulled on this dead, gay forum?

I bet that subreddit that rrail made is still around too, right?

Too bad he isn't

I can't believe he killed hisself.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

did rrail really off himself or is this some inside joke I missed

https://twitter.com/KRCRMeaghan/status/1105523328301752321?s=20

watch until the very end

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I thought the song was appropriate.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I put in 30$. I did something to keep the forums going. But foreal, pm me the discord deets in case this doesn't save the 80's movie rec center that is this dead gay comedy forum.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

But foreal, pm me the discord deets in case this doesn't save the 80's movie rec center that is this dead gay comedy forum.

Me too if I'm allowed, this bit of the internet is the only part that doesn't contribute to my oncoming stress related heart attack.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DoktorLoken posted:

watch until the very end

Everything I'm seeing about this girl indicates she is a perfect culture fit for USC.

Spaceguns
Aug 28, 2007

Ditto on the please pm discord details so I can continue to silently vet lurk in the best jaded vet current events community on the internet. I know I never post but I read daily and this is the only vet community I feel like I am a part of.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Getting your parents to buy you in is the real admissions standard for USC. The people with good test scores taking out loans do not get it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Spaceguns posted:

Ditto on the please pm discord details so I can continue to silently vet lurk in the best jaded vet current events community on the internet. I know I never post but I read daily and this is the only vet community I feel like I am a part of.

Same but does a former o-6 army brat count? Because the army hosed me up too indirectly!

P.s. hang all nobles

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Prime Minister Corbyn is a scarier thought to them than a no-deal Brexit

Have you seen Corbyn? He's just as incompetent as May.

E: no, I don't think Theresa May is anything other than a gigantic moron.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Spaceguns posted:

same

set up a monthly on the patreon. Its more than worth way more than the $30 or so I've paid over the last 15+ years

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

watch until the very end

Surely if you just donated $500k to the school your kids would get in? Naming rights to buildings are cheap too, you'd probably get a building at least out of that too.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Everything I'm seeing about this girl indicates she is a perfect culture fit for USC.

Partying, football games, not actually going to class because you're too busy global trotting because you're an Influencer? Checks out.

What bothers me about this is she's taking up a spot for someone who actually wants to go to USC. If you don't want to go to a 4 year college that's fine. Frankly we as a country need to be a lot better providing access to high quality trade schools, but it go through all the hoops, have mom bribe your way into a competitive school, and then admit that you don't actually want to go to get an education at all? Why not just go to campus ever few weeks and party? No one will give a poo poo.

I know that I don't post a lot either, but I will say that I appreciate this group of vets and AD. You all have been a huge help and genuinely post interesting things. I'm not on Twitter, so when people post some of the more educational threads, I always learn a ton.

If someone has the Discord link they'd be willing to PM me, I'd appreciate it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Spaceguns posted:

Same for deets, please. I like to think that my posts demonstrate the enlisted credo "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Also, before the lights go out, I hope the tax man gives us enough of a heads-up to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6f7j1E61sM

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Spaceguns posted:

Same. This place is the only sane military community on the internet.

Even my facebook feed of mostly Army bandsmen is somehow full of Trump fans and tacticool operator wannabees.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I sent out a flurry of invites. If I missed you send me a PM

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'd also like an invite for this Discord mess if possible.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Normally I'm not one for dooming and glooming but uh...yeah. I guess Discord link too. Bleh.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

did rrail really die

was it diabetes

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd take one just so I can drive by shitpost somewhere besides GiP

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Yeah same on the discord. I've never used it but if this forum dies tomorrow, worth having. Thank you.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Beware Volvo Chat. You have been warned.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
If you are craving a online order of pizza, give that monies to lowtax please. poo poo, if he did a superscription service, i'll be happy to pay 10-20 a month. I spend dozens of hours here on the forums and especially lurking here in GIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I chipped in a hundo on the direct donation. I wish the taxman would set up a Patreon or subscription for the forums. I'd rather not donate to his lovely comedy where he says the N word.