Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Them just saying "okay every combo works like pvp now, deal with it" would be super awful and I desperately hope Shadowbringers does nothing of the sort. Like you said, some would feel weird and lots of people just dont want that functionality in the first place.

But having the OPTION to have one button running down the entire Goring Blade combo would be neat and wouldn't harm anybody.

Yea, I want it for Ninja, because it would be easier and open up some more bar space to just go 111 and 222 for Shadow Fang and Aeolian Edge, instead of 123 and 124. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Schubalts posted:

Yea, I want it for Ninja, because it would be easier and open up some more bar space to just go 111 and 222 for Shadow Fang and Aeolian Edge, instead of 123 and 124. :shrug:

I was hoping to be able to combine the first two parts of the combo at least, since there is never a situation in which you wouldn't want to use gust slash after spinning edge. I guess a case could be made for it being part of 'player skill' to do the combo correctly, but it would be nice to get that key back.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

mrfishstick posted:

So I finally finished leveling up the gathering jobs to cap and I'm trying to figure out if there is any real way to gear it up outside of just buying whatever is best off the marketboard (the good stuff seems super expensive). Is there something worthwhile to farm to get the gil to buy the stuff that I can do with crappy gear or should I look into the yellow scrip stuff?

Go through your gathering logs and work your way down gathering one of everything. There are achievements for gathering X unique items which award mainhands that are either BIS or close to it.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Two potion-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Eureka.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If you upgrade to the glowy hydatos armor, do you lose the normal version?

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013
Yes, but you can always re-buy the old stuff if you want it

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I just hoping I didn't need to refarm the crystals

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I just hoping I didn't need to refarm the crystals

They miiiiiight make them available at the replica dude in 4.56, but I doubt it since there isn't an achievement for armor to track your progress by. Most likely its gonna cost you more crystals.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mrfishstick posted:

So I finally finished leveling up the gathering jobs to cap and I'm trying to figure out if there is any real way to gear it up outside of just buying whatever is best off the marketboard (the good stuff seems super expensive). Is there something worthwhile to farm to get the gil to buy the stuff that I can do with crappy gear or should I look into the yellow scrip stuff?

If you’re on excal and you can get me the materials, I’ll make you a 340 set. Keep in mind, this includes stormsap (namazu locked), alchemics (scrip), and kingcraft demimateria (scrip).

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

BrightWing posted:

Slap the start menu logos on that gif right the gently caress now.

This just made my morning.

I don't have the skills to do that.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

im still trying to figure out scholar. im not 50 yet (48) so i dont have lustrate which i think will smooth things out a lot for me

my gear might also be terrible, but it seems like tanks are consistently hovering around 50% for most of the dungeon. Granted i'm trying to heal as little as possible, but even when i do adlo it seems like it doesn't really DO that much. usually i bane big pulls and then drop a sacred soil and ignore the tank until they get super low, if it's a big pull i'll rouse WD but otherwise i feel like i'm not really DOING that much (other than making dungeons faster)

That should be normal for SCHs below 50. Your skillset at that level is mostly focused on keeping hp from dropping quickly, and slowly building it back up. Your fairy will only heal people who drop to ~90% hp, which means that tanks will regularly fall below that threshold as they take damage and get automatically healed. Adlo does some healing, but it prevents just as much damage as it cures. You won't see HP bars spike upwards when you use it, but they will fill up over time as your shield blocks damage, and your fairy slowly fills your target's HP bar back up. As soon as you unlock lustrate, you can weave it in between casts of Ruin II, Bio II, or Miasama II to quickly fill up health without pausing your damage dealing.

I always think of SCH's skills as a way of giving health more inertia. Their specialties make HP bars drop slower and fill slower. And, if you know how to use everything in your bag of tricks, you can prevent health from dropping to a dangerous level, period.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Tenik posted:

That should be normal for SCHs below 50. Your skillset at that level is mostly focused on keeping hp from dropping quickly, and slowly building it back up. Your fairy will only heal people who drop to ~90% hp, which means that tanks will regularly fall below that threshold as they take damage and get automatically healed. Adlo does some healing, but it prevents just as much damage as it cures. You won't see HP bars spike upwards when you use it, but they will fill up over time as your shield blocks damage, and your fairy slowly fills your target's HP bar back up. As soon as you unlock lustrate, you can weave it in between casts of Ruin II, Bio II, or Miasama II to quickly fill up health without pausing your damage dealing.

I always think of SCH's skills as a way of giving health more inertia. Their specialties make HP bars drop slower and fill slower. And, if you know how to use everything in your bag of tricks, you can prevent health from dropping to a dangerous level, period.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I’m used to white mage so it’s a different style of healing for sure. The thing about inertia makes a lot of sense actually

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
How do you deal with burst healing mechanics like the thunder god doom?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thumbtacks posted:

Indomitability.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Also, in this specific kind of case, Emergency Tactics + Succor is an extra burst of healing.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Thumbtacks posted:

Broil 2, the white mage will handle it. Probably.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Indom, Whispering Dawn, Succor takes care of 3/4s of the party. Lustrate and Emergency Tactics Adlo does the rest.

The real fun is the final boss's phase change with double Scholar.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Level 70 SCH has options for big bursty heals, so those mechanics aren't a problem. It just takes a little bit of planning or knowledge of a fight to make sure you have the proper resources when you need them.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It’s just gonna take a while to get used to scholar. Like I pop all my cds when a tank’s getting pounded and his health bar just freezes. It feels so weird.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Man, poking around for a weekend static and poo poo's hard. Most people really want those tues/wed/thurs weekday night things. I guess it doesn't help that we're kinda at the end of the content cycle so people are winding down and waiting for Shadowbringers. Maybe i'll just wait and try again this summer. :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Minrad posted:

Man, poking around for a weekend static and poo poo's hard. Most people really want those tues/wed/thurs weekday night things. I guess it doesn't help that we're kinda at the end of the content cycle so people are winding down and waiting for Shadowbringers. Maybe i'll just wait and try again this summer. :(

Statics will definitely start forming once Shadowbringers starts ramping up. I remember a bunch starting for Stormblood's launch.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I wonder what line we'll have to stand in this time. (I didn't stand in line, I cut that poo poo like high school cafeteria.)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Givin posted:

I wonder what line we'll have to stand in this time. (I didn't stand in line, I cut that poo poo like high school cafeteria.)

Cutting in line on Balmung during the SB Raubahn thing was hilarious. People got so upset, demanded I be reported, etc.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Givin posted:

I cut that line like it was my job and got through almost immediately. I only had to endure the denizens of the Jenova server slapping me for a little while.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Why

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

:stare:

I mean, at least they used Holy?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Break is free and at Stone 2 levels it's super easy to run oom on Holy spam? But that's not a lot of Holy and that's a loving ton of Break so I have no idea.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002680.html

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Legit cool that SE would put their name officially behind that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Finally got everything maxed out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Noice

That include crafters/gatherers?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Legit cool that SE would put their name officially behind that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Noice

That include crafters/gatherers?

Leal posted:

Finally.

I'm glad the SE learned their lesson from HW and didn't hide the majority of the ingredients behind unspoiled nodes this time around. Only exception is gsm where they did do that...

All the way back in like 2 weeks after SB came out. I eventually got fisher to 70, I wanted to make that bank for my medium beachfront house.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm still getting my last crafter to 60 before I push to get them to cap. I just wish somebody had told me that custom deliveries for crafters gives exp to what class turns it in and not which one made it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I basically haven't touched crafting at all before a month ago and now I have 4/8 classes to 50, so I'm almost over the hump where it gets easier. Almost.

On the "bright" side I can now withness the sheer incompetence of moogles.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Finally completed the ARR quests and I'm onto Heavensward. I'm very glad the game warned me that I was about to sit through like 2 hours of cutscenes. Started up astrologian to see how I like it compared to scholar, which is still dull as dirt at level 46 (seems like the leveling curve gives summoners and scholars all of their interesting stuff from 50-70).

I ended up starting Heavensward at level 55 on my 'main' job (ninja) just from doing the occasional roulette while working through the zillion level 50 msqs.

I also still need to hit up a goon guild but I keep getting distracted.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SCH doesn't really feel feature complete until you get Indom, but it's still plenty strong and interesting at 50 and easily the best healer for running low level content.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

counterpoint: SCH makes me want to blow my brains out with a Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum Revolver

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I also still need to hit up a goon guild but I keep getting distracted.

join the discord

we have cummies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

(seems like the leveling curve gives summoners and scholars all of their interesting stuff from 50-70).

Typical of a lot of jobs, really.