Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
One the one hand that boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat, on the other hand it's probably hard to find a new boyfriend when you have 8 pet rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

:same:

My girlfriend isn't my "perfect fantasy woman" either but I love her and care about her deeply and I let her know how beautiful and attractive she is to me all the dang time. That's what every single dude should be doing with their partners!

Single dudes don't have partners, moron

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
she forgot to mention shes a rat farmer, that darn malk isnt gonna malk itself ya hear

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

CheesyDog posted:

r/sex
Girlfriend and I are trying one penis and one vagina policy open relationships.
u/droopypoopyguadalupe

Short and sweet, also the top comment

quote:

Get on grinder. Boys are thirsty. You won't have a problem.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

we now have 4 rats and my spouse and I have both cried a lot over them when they've had medical issues. find u a man who cry every tim

one of the rats has cost us about $1500 bc they're just little tumorous babies

but they're our babies :unsmith:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
there’s no way I could ever handle having rats. my two cats (bros :3:) just turned one year old and I’m already panicking about how I’ll emotionally react when they die, in 11-16 years

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

snoo posted:

we now have 4 rats and my spouse and I have both cried a lot over them when they've had medical issues. find u a man who cry every tim

one of the rats has cost us about $1500 bc they're just little tumorous babies

but they're our babies :unsmith:

More tumor = more rat, what's not to love?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you weepy pet owners should try having parents, mine are always dying on me but it still hurts like hell every time

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i wish i had your problem pal. i like my pets.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wouldn't want to spend $1500 getting medical attention for myself.

Just point me in the direction of the ice floe.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [25 F] friend [26 M] of six yrs saved my life a month ago. I feel indebted to him and don't know how to thank him or act, and it's affecting our friendship.

Tldr: My friend of six years risked his own life to save me in a terrible car crash. I obviously am so appreciative, but I do feel indebted and beholden to him, which is making me withdraw to an extent. What should I say to him to make things normal again?

Okay, so this is a bit of a story to say the least...

I've been friends with 'Liam' for a little over six years- before anyone asks, it's always been purely platonic. Our extended friendship group is equal parts guys and girls, and we all date and form serious relationships outside of the friendship circle.

Anyway, roughly a month ago (my memory is a bit sketchy here due to panic in the moment, so bare with me) Liam and I were driving to a housewarming on the other side of the city, he was the driver. It was one of those days where it was extremely hot in the late morning/afternoon (like 35 degrees c) and then it just started storming rain. I didn't know this then, but apparently that makes the roads oily and less safe... I certainly know that now!

We were on the freeway and a car up ahead swerved and sort of turned 180 so I was viewing its side, and then the car in front of us crashed into it, and we crashed into that car- this all happened really suddenly and it was just a scary blur to me. So, there was a pile up and one of the cars had caught fire. It was really, really smoky... like you couldn't see the sky. When I started to actually realise what was up and try to get out of the car, I realised that I could barely move my foot... and then I looked at it and it was like, bent. It's weird but, only when I looked at it did it start hurting. So at this point I was pretty much hyperventilating thinking I couldn't escape and I didn't even realise what Liam was doing or check on him, because I am way shittier than he is I suppose :(

He opened my passenger door and yelled 'are you okay?' and was trying to pull my arm- we couldn't really hear each other because other people were yelling and screaming and a car alarm was going off. I tried to just stand on my one good foot and sorta hop through the wreckage, and so Liam noticed my foot and started carrying me in his arms. I am pretty short and thin, but Liam isn't what one would consider a strong guy, maybe medium strength but he doesn't work out or anything so I could feel him struggling and breathing heavy. He had to stop once or twice, just dropped to the floor with me in his arms still while poo poo's ablaze and only getting worse around us, but he never let me go. Eventually we made it over the freeway and to safety. Police, helicopters, firefighters and ambulances swarmed the scene (as it turns out, Liam's car did end up catching fire...). At the hospital, they found that my foot is broken. Liam was suffering from really bad smoke inhalation and had to stay in hospital for two nights- a doctor said it was probably exasperated because he was physically exerting himself so hard in carrying me/took longer to make it out of the smokey area- I felt and feel really, really guilty about that too.

To the current issue (wow, sorry for the ramble, I think I did need to write it all out for the first time though to get my head straight). The following days after, when he came out of hospital we hugged and I thanked him over and over and he was all 'don't mention it'. As time's gone on though, I've been feeling really guilty, weird, anxious around him and like our friendship isn't 'even' anymore and I'll never be able to repay him for literally saving my life. I'm on crutches, and when he tries to help me with stuff I'm all 'no, no I can manage' which I know is stupid, but it's like I don't want to add to the debt. Plus, we had a bit of a gathering with our other close friends two nights ago and after Liam briefly explained the serious of events, this friend called 'Fiona' said to me 'oh my god, if I was you I would have told Liam to save himself and leave me behind'. That just crushed me... I probably should have.

Has anyone been through anything similar? Will things return to normal? How can I repay or properly thank Liam? Am I an evil person for letting him rescue me?

Dude Liam was the one who got you in the crash in the first place. Like, he rescued you but it was also his fault you were in that situation to begin with and his fault that your leg is broke.

How bout you just call it even

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My wife and I are not having sex anymore after we brought a third person into the bedroom

I would say "buy an enormous dildo and learn how to use it" but this gets complicated because in reality you are an enormous dildo

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
Drug dealer at my University got busted. I had to come in for questioning. Will I be in trouble?
u/RamsIBanking

don't say poo poo, man. if it's the police you don't say poo poo, if it's some campus rent-a-cop you especially don't say poo poo. in summary, don't say poo poo

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Play posted:

I would say "buy an enormous dildo and learn how to use it" but this gets complicated because in reality you are an enormous dildo

Fisting isn't always the answer.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

don't say poo poo, man. if it's the police you don't say poo poo, if it's some campus rent-a-cop you especially don't say poo poo. in summary, don't say poo poo

Plead the fif!

Also super informative video why:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE&t=14s

45 min long but an excellent and informitive video

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Play posted:

Dude Liam was the one who got you in the crash in the first place. Like, he rescued you but it was also his fault you were in that situation to begin with and his fault that your leg is broke.

:chanpop:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Made husband so upset he hasnt spoken to me in 3 days (28F/32M) How do i apologize?

quote:

f 28 m 32 together for about 10

Trying to include all the details.

If any more context is needed let me know and I can try to fill in.

first time posting ever, apologies in advance.

My husband had just gotten off the phone with a support line, something of his broke and he was trying to see if the warranty covered it. It did not.

For a bit of context, he has suddenly started listening to a bunch of political radio, and while we are both moderately left all of his viewpoints and talking points are now very right and he habitually comes home ranting and raving about how Democrats are ruining the country, etc.

I have told him I don't care what he listens to, but leave it at the door, I hate having my only time with him be this very negative, very out of character ranting. Continues to do so. Any time I try to talk about my views or thoughts in response is met with a general dismissal because i dont matter i dont work i havent lived long enough i dont understand but he does.

More context, we have dark/offensive humor and make jokes about stuff all the time, and me responding to something with a joke or jab of some kind is fairly normal.

After he hung up the phone I immediately piped in with "Well maybe if we invest in (company) enough, some of that wealth of theirs will trickle down to their support department and they won't screw you over a cheap piece of plastic next time."

Made eye contact, he looked awful mad, and called me a F***ING C**T in a very serious angry tone. I wasn't angry or offended, I was hurt.

Asked him to clarify that his immediate response was to call me the worst thing he could call a lady (hes only ever called one person this ever, and what shes done to deserve such is about 3 million times more awful than a poorly timed political jab).

He tried to backpedal and explain it as a joke but I called him out on it, because his explanation was bull nor did it make any sense, and I could see the look on his face and hear the tone in his voice and it was angry and mean and said with intent not with ha ha.

I was angry at his attempt to explain it away and somehow try to convince me that like, what he said wasnt bad it was my fault for not understanding it or assuming what he meant, if that makes sense? That made me more angry, and he needed to go to the store to grab a thing so I told him to GTFO and go buy the thing he needed.

Since he's gotten back he hasn't spoken to me at all, and it's been 3 days.

TL;DR Made a poorly timed political joke, got called a C**T in response, he hasn't talked to me in 3 days, how do I apologize?

I know I'm the bad guy here, and I deserved the hurtful comment in response. How am I supposed to apologize or get him to speak to me long enough to apologize?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"I know Im the bad guy" pleads schindler, "I could have saved more"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

This one's long, but you get the gist from the title:

Trying to make my[29M] fiancé [27F] (somewhat) okay that I don’t want to fight cancer that will make me lose my penis

quote:

Yesterday I got some pretty lovely news that I have penis cancer (penile carcinoma) after going in for an examination of discoloration/hard lump of skin on my penis last week. I got more tests and my doctor essentially told me that it’s stage 3 bordering on stage 4 and the only solution is total removal of my penis including the internal part of the member (called a radical penectomy- I learned a new word.). I would have to have my urethra rerouted so I peed through an incision in my pereneum. I’d still have my testicles.

After a long talk about emotional support and what life would be like he was trying to schedule surgery and I told him that I had to think about it. He told me it was going to spread and I was going to die and I still told him I had to think about it. I asked if radiation or chemo could work and he said it was too advanced but could buy me a little time. He was trying to explain to me the gravity of the situation and I essentially said“ I get it I’m choosing between having a dick for a short while and dying or living to old age without my dick.” He tried to tell me that by the end my dick would be non functional and may turn into a deformed mass of cancerous tumors and I’d be peeing through a catheter in my abdomen.I know he was just trying to scare me into doing what he considered the right thing but I feel like this is better. My thought process is that while they may awful I wouldn’t have to deal with it very long as opposed to 50ish years without a penis. Before I even left I had my mind made up as I cried in the parking lot.

The hard part and the part where I may be very selfish is I had to break the news to my fiancé (I’d still marry her if that’s what she wants but I doubt it’ll happen now) which I put off for a couple days to not upset her and also explain myself properly.

I considered lying and saying It was already terminal to spare her and I any conflict in the rest of my time with her but I didn’t want to live that lie when I wanted to spend so much time with her before I go or have her somehow find out later and look back on me differently. I felt I owed her the truth because I do love her very much and was planning on marrying her, so I told her that was going to let myself die instead of living without my penis.

She knew about the tests and stuff but she didn’t know what the possibilities were because even discussing them made me feel uncomfortable and I didn’t want to worry her if it turned out to be nothing. I told her there was something I needed to tell her and that it wasn’t good news. I told her about the cancer and that I was not going to live like that.

She didn’t say anything for a minute. She asked me if my dick meant more than being with her (this was not a passive aggressive or manipulation tactic she was legitimately asking) I told her that I loved her more than my dick but that I couldn’t see her body every day and get these urges I couldn’t at all act on (we have sex almost every night), I couldn’t deal with constant insecurity of not feeling like a real man or that I couldn’t please her and I couldn’t deal with anyone knowing. She said that there was other types of sex besides PIV and that we could make it work. I told her that I would not be the same person if i went through with it and she would feel stuck with me being depressed and angry but because she was the one that convinced me to live and I would likely never be able to find someone again she would stay in an unhappy marriage just so I wasn’t alone. She said that she wouldn’t feel stuck she’d take care of me for as long as I needed it and then we would just be a normal couple.I told her that I wouldn’t be able to function as a human being and she would either never vent to anyone ever about how I’m not the same or completely violate my trust by telling any person what was wrong with me that caused me to act like that. I couldn’t deal with anyone else knowing, I couldn’t deal with being “the guy with no dick”. She said she’d never tell a soul and we could get individual and couples counseling for any psychological issues I would understandably have. I said no and that I would not live my life constantly feeling the loss but I did offer to seek therapy with her as long as it wasn’t about convincing me to change my mind. She said that she knew she couldn’t understand what it’d be like to be a guy without a penis but she felt that life was better than death. I said I wanted my full life and not one with a huge chunk missing. She told me I was stronger than I thought and we would have each other. I asked if she really wanted me to live a life where I’d rather be dead. She said “no, but how do you know you wouldn’t be able to adjust?” I told her that not being able to have real intercourse with her, having her see me deformed and me constantly worrying that she didn’t think of me as a real man or thought less of me, living with the fear that at some point I would piss her off so much she would use it as part of an insult, or that she would miss PIV sex and try to find someone else. To be clear she has never done anything at all to justify these fears, but I can’t deal with the fear of it. I said I would lose all self respect and would never feel like I could stick up for myself because I would feel so far beneath everyone as less of a man and unworthy of women. I can’t deal with the idea that she might tell someone and swear them to secrecy and then I’m talking to this person the whole time they’re thinking about how I don’t have a penis.

She told me she loved me that she would be gentle, kind and understanding, would always be faithful and would never make fun of me and that she planned to spend the rest of her life with me. I told her that I loved her that I hoped she would stay until the end but I would understand if she wanted to leave because I was making a selfish decision. She then went back and forth between being angry and then remembering I have cancer and trying to comfort me. I told her that I was sorry but my decision wouldn’t be changed. I also asked she not tell anyone about this especially my family who she is close with. I know I gave her the news and asked her to carry the burden by herself but I don’t want more people to try to talk me out of it and I don’t want people to know in general.

She cried the rest of the day and kept coming up with hypotheticals like advancements in medical procedures to replace it one day and other ways I could feel “whole”. I told her that I loved her and I didn’t want to hurt her but I also didn’t want to hurt me. She was in our bedroom and I thought I should give her space so I got ready to sleep on the couch but she came and asked me to come to bed. We cuddled and she said we could always have this form of intimacy but I pointed out that my penis against her butt was making me aroused and that I couldn’t deal with never feeling that again. We then just sort of cried for a couple hours. Neither of us slept last night but I still feel the same today. She tried to talk to me more and how she was looking up ways I could still orgasm and testimonials of people who had gone through with it and were happy being alive. I pointed out these were all guys in their 60’s and up and I’m not even 30 yet. We both took the day off but i am treating it like a normal day off instead of whatever she wants me to be doing (either acquiescing or grieving I think) and so when I went to binge watch netflix she said I’m not taking my life seriously. I told her I do take my life seriously but I take the quality of my life just as serious if not more so. I also told her that me not taking almost anything seriously was one of the reasons she fell for me, I thought I was lightening the mood but she just got mad.

She asked what if I get to the point of no return and then regret not having saved my own life. I told her that just because I was choosing to die didn’t mean I wasn’t scared of it and that being overwhelmed I may make wishes about what I could have or should have done but right now while I’m of sound mind this is what I want.

She kept looking at me like she’s going to say something and then didn’t and I tell her that she can voice any feelings she has but instead she just says “I love you” or something when I know that’s not what she’s thinking. I told her I can quit work and we can blow through my savings on some trip or something but she basically said how she’d have responsibilities after I was gone and couldn’t. It’s almost 8 and she hasn’t asked me to come to the bedroom so I think I’m on the couch although she could just expect to go in when I’m ready.

I just feel so torn because I know can’t expect her to be okay with this but I want her to be. I am having the thought that maybe we should end our relationship so she doesn’t have to force herself thought this. I don’t want to go through this alone but I’m not the one who’s going to have to deal with this through old age and she will. I love her and I want whatever is going to be best for her without having to live without my penis. Anything else I would be fine with as long as it was in her best interest.

I know that this situation will traumatize her but I think she’ll move on. I don’t think I could move on and I don’t want to try and feel stuck in a life I don’t want at all.

I just wish I could show her how much I cared without having to live with such a big part of my life missing. I am ready to go down with the ship but I want her to know how special she is and was to me. She is the one, she’s perfect for me and I wish I could stay for her but I know psychologically it will be too damaging and that she will likely suffer with my unhappiness for decades. I can’t stiff upper lip it and live a life entirely for her which is what i’d be doing if I did change my mind. I know that might sound selfish.

I believe she wants me to live because she thinks it’s what’s best for me not because she is being selfish in trying to keep me around. She has not tried to make it “aren’t I worth it?” Sort of guilt trip because she knows that’s not fair. We have always argued well. We haven’t had sex since I told her which is usually daily unless one of us is sick which I guess technically I am. If she decides she can’t handle me choosing to die and leaves she will be the last person I’ve been with no matter what opportunities present themselves.

I want to emotionally support her through this if she chooses to stay but I feel like expecting her to rely on me when I’m the one making a choice that will lead to her suffering is unfair to her. I feel like I’m a lot more calm than she is and I don’t think that’s unreasonable but I want her to be at least somewhat okay with my choice.

I don’t think she’s in the wrong at all, I completely understand her feelings and they are absolutely valid but they don’t change my mind. I feel like even if she wants to leave she will stay until the end even though I stressed she is free to go if she wants to/needs to and that it wouldn’t change how I feel about her at all.

P.s. I know that a majority of men would choose their lives and I don’t judge them for it or think less of them. This is about me and how I would feel about myself.

TLDR: I’m choosing death over a life without my dick and my fiancé is trying to convince me to stay and I want her to be at least more okay with me dying.

I don’t know who to talk to about this so I guess I’m here.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
that’s extremely rough, but the guy seems to have about the most supportive partner you could possibly imagine, so maybe this captain doesn’t have to go down with the ship

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Play posted:

Too late, sounds like he bit the "we already know the entire story, and we totally don't need your confession/snitching, but you should help us anyway" hook, line and sinker

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Rodent girl's boyfriend should euthanize The Man With No Dick

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

pro-life christian value witch mom

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
My [30F] partner [30M] thinks I’m not showing enough excitement and I oddly feel like he wishes I was an anime character?

quote:

Hi everyone, I’m having some relationship issues so I’ve decided to post on a throwaway because I feel like I have no one to turn to. Personality wise I’m a fairly low energy mellow person. It’s hard for me to get overly excited about things because that’s just not me. I was raised by a father who mostly kept to himself and I think that rubbed off on me because as an adult I’m a pretty quiet to myself kind of person. My partner has an issue with how I express my gratefulness when he pays for dinner or buys us snacks. I usually respond with, “thank you, baby for ___”. He tells me that he wants me to say something along the lines of, “you’re the most amazing boyfriend in the world, what did I do to deserve you, I can’t wait to marry you”. I wish I was exaggerating this.

I’ve explained several times that it’s really difficult for me to express myself to the standards he sets because it makes me feel like I’m being extremely fake. Instead, I try to express it the best I can by being genuine and communicating that I appreciate him when he pays for dinner. However it still stresses me out because it essentially makes me feel like he wants me to be someone I’m not. He’s openly expressed himself as being a person who loves anime waifus that are over the top in terms of energy and I think it really rubs me the wrong way because in past fights he has reiterated, “why can’t you just do what I tell you do, if you did, I’d be happy” or “I would be so happy if you were like an anime maid”. It seriously makes me feel like he wishes I was an inanimate object or fictional character.

To make matters worse, I found out recently that he lied about being sick to do drugs with a coworker. That day he was messaging me about my day acting like he was in bed recovering, but in actuality they were hanging out in his room all night. I took it as him being exhausted from work so I checked on him throughout the day then I found out he lied. I confronted him about it asking why he lied and he replied with how I’m disrespectful and don’t appreciate the money he spends on me. The thing is, I never ask him to buy me things and if anything I always tell him to save his money for a rainy day.

Right now I’m not sure what to do and I feel like I’m almost losing who I am as a core person. Every time I try to talk things out he just gets angry and defensive. All I ask from him is to be honest and respectful, but I just feel defeated after all of this.

TLDR: boyfriend thinks I should act like an anime maid waifu character, got mad I asked why he lied about being sick and instead responded with telling me I’m disrespectful

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

DemoneeHo posted:

Made husband so upset he hasnt spoken to me in 3 days (28F/32M) How do i apologize?

Have you considered dumping the motherfucker already?

Piell posted:

My [30F] partner [30M] thinks I’m not showing enough excitement and I oddly feel like he wishes I was an anime character?

Have you considered dumping the motherfucker already?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Piell posted:

Hit him with an oversize hammer.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for telling a group of black women to go to the back of the line after they cut to join some friends?

quote:

So it’s about 1:30 or so on a Saturday night in Philadelphia. We’re all waiting in a long rear end line at a cheesesteak place, if you’ve ever hit one after the bars you’ll know the scene I’m trying to describe.

We’ve been waiting maybe 15 minutes when 4 African American girls squeeze past us and join two friends that were in front of us. If it was one or two I’d have been okay but 4 was a bit much. So I said “Hey, what the gently caress go to the back of the line like everyone else!” One girl starts saying “Why, because I’m black??” And another friend starts recording me saying I’m a racist MF and all this other crap. For reference, I am not black, but their race didn’t matter I would have said this to anyone.

Employee yells what the fuss is all about and the group starts screaming that I’m being racist. I then get told to leave, which I do.

I probably should have just let the cutters go since I got told to leave and didn’t get a delicious cheesesteak, and I probably should have asked nicer to get to the back of the line. Am I the racist a hole here?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MightyJoe36 posted:

My wife is not my "perfect fantasy woman" but as far as she knows, she is.

Don't lie to your partners, but also don't marry someone you don't find attractive D: that's unexpectedly sad

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for telling a group of black women to go to the back of the line after they cut to join some friends?

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 14, 2019

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Piell posted:

His love language is japanese.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pinecone Sample posted:

The only detail needed

quote:

Philadelphia

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

She would tell me stories of how she would have sex with the wind

New thread title?

Also, how exactly would one have sex with the wind?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DemoneeHo posted:

This one's long, but you get the gist from the title:

Trying to make my[29M] fiancé [27F] (somewhat) okay that I don’t want to fight cancer that will make me lose my penis

In the end he's dying from toxic masculinity, not cancer. Jesus, that's awful. He could still have a fulfilling life! poo poo, he could bank some sperm right now and still be a biological father. They are doing penis transplants now for situations just like this. Choose to loving live, man!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Dienes posted:

In the end he's dying from toxic masculinity, not cancer. Jesus, that's awful. He could still have a fulfilling life! poo poo, he could bank some sperm right now and still be a biological father. They are doing penis transplants now for situations just like this. Choose to loving live, man!

Also in like twenty years everyone's going to be getting robodicks anyway

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Hmm. Do I want to die, or live the rest of my life being the punchline of that scene from Ghostbusters?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Piell posted:

Also in like twenty years everyone's going to be getting robodicks anyway

They’ve been promising us robodicks since the ‘50s. Don’t you read Popular Mechanics?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dienes posted:

Yeah, I know he's faced with an awful decision and it's his body, but if I were the OP's fiancee, I'd be pissed that he was giving up decades of life and our future because "what if I get horny and it's frustrating?" As Andrew Marvell once said much more eloquently, ain't nobody getting good sex in the grave.

Also, dude will still have a prostate/balls/other erogenous zones -- with an understanding partner and a little creativity, his pleasurable sex life isn't even over.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pinecone Sample posted:

Depends if you would also characterize a group of white people who are joining their friend towards the front of the line as cutters also and tell them to go to the back of the line. I think it's borderline but some places it's really common to have someone hold your spot. If you wouldn't react the same exact way to a group of white people doing the same thing, then you are the racist.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I think the fiancee of penis cancer guy should tell his parents, assuming they're close, even though she promised not to. Maybe they could manage to slap some sense into their son. But then he would have to live with the shame of mom and dad knowing their son has no dick, so that's probably a no go for him anyway.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I know he's faced with an awful decision and it's his body, but if I were the OP's fiancee, I'd be pissed that he was giving up decades of life and our future because "what if I get horny and it's frustrating?" As Andrew Marvell once said much more eloquently, ain't nobody getting good sex in the grave.

Also, dude will still have a prostate/balls/other erogenous zones -- with an understanding partner and a little creativity, his pleasurable sex life isn't even over.

He probably could still have a good time being pegged or something.

Of course, that would be the nail in the coffin for his masculinity so better put an actual nail in his actual coffin.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

They’ve been promising us robodicks since the ‘50s. Don’t you read Popular Mechanics?

We've already got robot arms that can feel touch. The time of the robodick is imminent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Jesus Christ you goons. It is actually a pretty normal thing for a guy to not want to have his dick chopped off. He's looking at a lifetime without his dick and does not want that.

If he went through with it there, is a good chance his fiance would be posting a reddit thread in two years about how she told him she will always love him and they can do other things instead of PIV sex, but she really misses the real thing and it's just not the same and she feels like a monster but she isn't attracted to him anymore. And that would also be nobody's fault and a lovely situation but you would all say she was within her rights to leave someone she was no longer attracted to. Well he's no longer attracted to a life with no dick.