Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

My wife is mixed and it’s always weird to me when her family decides to pull the “White people are holding down people of color.” Like I agree with you, but maybe Aaron Hernandez or Bill Cosby isn’t the first thing to bring up as a miscarriage of justice.

Yeah, pick someone innocent like O.J.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Doc Hawkins posted:

A majority of workers at anchor brewing have voted to have their union recognized by management, so now the real battles can start.

My favorite brewery. I support the workers 100%.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LingcodKilla posted:

My favorite brewery. I support the workers 100%.

Are we supposed to be buying anchor to support the workers right now?

Anchor isnt bad, but I'd only but it out if solidarity

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All of my middle aged female black co-workers watched the Gayle King interview and still swear R. Kelly did nothing wrong. Is this what 1992 was like?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Chris Brown has a career still

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Isn't pisspiggranddad helping them unionize too?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Casimir Radon posted:

Good. gently caress that murderous piece of poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

A majority of workers at anchor brewing have voted to have their union recognized by management, so now the real battles can start.

One of the local coffee roasters here (about a dozen cafes between Milwaukee, Madison & Chicago) is in the midst of a fight to unionize. I imagine they probably have a good shot at it. I hope this is a big trend in the food/service industry.

I like Anchor's porter. Not something I seek out and buy since there are far better local breweries but definitely worth drinking if the options are limited.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

After 20+ tries at lesser brews Anchor Porter was the first beer I was ever able to finish an entire One of and set me on my journey to drink All The Beers. It will forever hold a special place in my liver.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

My wife is mixed and it’s always weird to me when her family decides to pull the “White people are holding down people of color.” Like I agree with you, but maybe Aaron Hernandez or Bill Cosby isn’t the first thing to bring up as a miscarriage of justice.

1st thing to bring up? What...I gotta preface talking about a new ruling regarding the Aaron Hernandez case by bringing up something about how a white cop got away with murder or something along those lines? I don't know what you want here...this is new news.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I feel ya. My wife's black. Thing is I pull for minority folks harder than she does. Not R Kelly, gently caress him. But Ive been ride or die on Jussie Somolier. I still believe CPD planted all that poo poo. But I never watched Empire so I aint yappin about it anymore.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KirbyKhan posted:

I feel ya. My wife's black. Thing is I pull for minority folks harder than she does. Not R Kelly, gently caress him. But Ive been ride or die on Jussie Somolier. I still believe CPD planted all that poo poo. But I never watched Empire so I aint yappin about it anymore.

You think the cops forced those two brothers to lie about Somolier too?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, it's unbelievable to see someone thinking that the false report charges are made up at this point as the evidence is overwhelming.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chichevache posted:

It’s Chicago so the craziest conspiracy about the police is probably the correct one.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

A Bad Poster posted:

Isn't pisspiggranddad helping them unionize too?

He works there and got in when they were getting it going. He helped spread the word on his Chapo interview "I'm back in America so a cannibal won't eat my rear end" a few weeks ago. Also contains good and relatable steroids content

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i am going to bar crawl tonight to spread the good news and the good posters

pictured, several good posters and one bad one

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

maffew buildings posted:

He works there and got in when they were getting it going. He helped spread the word on his Chapo interview "I'm back in America so a cannibal won't eat my rear end" a few weeks ago. Also contains good and relatable steroids content

That interview also includes advice on how to unionize. A fun listen.

Apparently some netflix show did an episode on him, including doing an interview in Arlington National Cemetery, and they got thrown out when a guard overheard one of his stories about...pissing on corpses? I forget. Anyway, extremely disrespectful to a genuine American combat veteran.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

RFC2324 posted:

Are we supposed to be buying anchor to support the workers right now?

Anchor isnt bad, but I'd only but it out if solidarity

I know it's a coincidence but Solidarity was a 1980s labor union movement in Poland, so that statement's quite fitting.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Larry Charles Dangerous World of Comedy, Pisspig was on the military episode. His segment was good, he's a good troop. Also featured was the Vet TV guy who seems very not terrible as a person at all.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Reign Of Pain posted:

1st thing to bring up? What...I gotta preface talking about a new ruling regarding the Aaron Hernandez case by bringing up something about how a white cop got away with murder or something along those lines? I don't know what you want here...this is new news.

My comment wasn’t about you. The article reminded me of my wife’s cousin who was going on and on about Hernandez when the ruling was made after his suicide. He insinuated that it was all a set up and that the white man unfairly and unjustly went after a wealthy person of color. Instead of voicing his support for someone like Colin Kaepernick, he usually pulls the worst hills to die on like Bill Cosby last year or Michael Jackson the last week or so.

Aaron Hernandez is a murderer and I’m glad this ruling was made.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

One of the local coffee roasters here (about a dozen cafes between Milwaukee, Madison & Chicago) is in the midst of a fight to unionize. I imagine they probably have a good shot at it. I hope this is a big trend in the food/service industry.

Anondyne?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

I mean... Yeah. If I was picked up by ICE and held at CPD's litteral blackbox site I'd sing and sell out anybody to get out. Aint no POW/MIA table for folks picked up by the police.

1) CPD has a well documented track record of being extra about falsifying evidence.

2) I really dont have stakes in the game. Ive disengaged.

3) One thing I will say: Juissie's sister aint say poo poo the entire time this been going on. So he prolly did set himself up. But I am not taking the cop's word for it.

4) that was last week's news cycle, who (including me) gives a gently caress any more. I just wanted to #metoo on having black in laws.

5) this didnt need to be a bulleted list.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 14, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I mean... Yeah. If I was picked up by ICE and held at CPD's litteral blackbox site I'd sing and sell out anybody to get out. Aint no POW/MIA table for folks picked up by the police.

1) CPD has a well documented track record of being extra about falsifying evidence.

2) I really dont have stakes in the game. Ive disengaged.

3) One thing I will say: Juissie's sister aint say poo poo the entire time this been going on. So he prolly did set himself up. But I am not taking the cop's word for it.

4) that was last week's news cycle, who (including me) gives a gently caress any more. I just wanted to #metoo on having black in laws.

5) this didnt need to be a bulleted list.

1 personally makes me think it’s real, the CPD probably is insulted by the amateurism

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

hobbesmaster posted:

1 personally makes me think it’s real, the CPD probably is insulted by the amateurism

I like to imagine they assumed it was faked at first too, and went around trying to figure out who did such a poo poo job.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
more fresh meat

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1105981291596439552

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I really want a Mexican to take his job.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Julian Castro already has a job.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol two of the big names for dem candidate are el paso politicians, one a chicano who speaks no spanish and the other a guerito who goes by "Beto"

what a world man

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
if either of them talk to president trump face-to-face, I just want them to say stuff like "I don't know about how y'all do NEW YORK, but down in TEXAS" over and over again

the chuds will have aneurysms

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
how can someone be so bad

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1105916936347627527

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

if either of them talk to president trump face-to-face, I just want them to say stuff like "I don't know about how y'all do NEW YORK, but down in TEXAS" over and over again

the chuds will have aneurysms

I fully support this.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more CEOs jumping in this cycle since 'hell, if Trump can get elected then I, a ~*true*~ businessman, can too!' but Schultz is certainly doing his damnedest to trash that idea.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Former Starbucks CEO vows to work with a criminal conspiracy to block anything they oppose as 'partisan.'

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Brexit news

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/world/europe/brexit-no-deal.html

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Former Starbucks CEO vows to work with a criminal conspiracy to block anything they oppose as 'partisan.'

Apparently he also said he wouldn't nominate any supreme Court judge unless they could be approved by 2/3 of the senate.

Dude's a fuckin' moron.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Stone Creek.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

what a waste

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please internet, I haven't stretched my calves yet

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

when the FAA is so deep in the industry's pocket Donald loving Trump gets to look like the voice of reason a full day after after every other flight authority in the world already shut this poo poo down.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Eej posted:

Please internet, I haven't stretched my calves yet

:lol: