Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

therobit posted:

Jesus Christ you goons. It is actually a pretty normal thing for a guy to not want to have his dick chopped off. He's looking at a lifetime without his dick and does not want that.

If he went through with it there, is a good chance his fiance would be posting a reddit thread in two years about how she told him she will always love him and they can do other things instead of PIV sex, but she really misses the real thing and it's just not the same and she feels like a monster but she isn't attracted to him anymore. And that would also be nobody's fault and a lovely situation but you would all say she was within her rights to leave someone she was no longer attracted to. Well he's no longer attracted to a life with no dick.

Trans men don't generally start with dicks either, that doesn't mean they should kill themselves. Life without a dick is still worth living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PostNouveau posted:

Imagine staring at the biggest, reddest flag possible and going "am I the rear end in a top hat here?"
"I am going to meet my LDR for the first time, they did a background check on me, how fast do I ghost them?"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

Jesus Christ you goons. It is actually a pretty normal thing for a guy to not want to have his dick chopped off. He's looking at a lifetime without his dick and does not want that.

If he went through with it there, is a good chance his fiance would be posting a reddit thread in two years about how she told him she will always love him and they can do other things instead of PIV sex, but she really misses the real thing and it's just not the same and she feels like a monster but she isn't attracted to him anymore. And that would also be nobody's fault and a lovely situation but you would all say she was within her rights to leave someone she was no longer attracted to. Well he's no longer attracted to a life with no dick.

Yeah I have to agree with this.

29 is pretty young to have to think about dealing with that for the next 30+ years.

I like how it’s toxic masculinity that’s doing it too lol. Give me a break with that poo poo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Piell posted:

Trans men don't generally start with dicks either, that doesn't mean they should kill themselves. Life without a dick is still worth living.

Theres a pretty huge difference between a trans dude not having a penis and a cis dude having to face losing his dick to cancer

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

therobit posted:

Most people aren't too keen on losing body parts to cancer, that's pretty understandable. But the guy is clearly acting irrationally, which makes sense considering he just got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. He's also asking his fiancee to lie about his condition to his family, probably by saying it's terminal and there's no treatment. I definitely think she should tell them or a therapist or get him some kind of help, because it doesn't seem like he's thinking clearly and there's the very real chance he eventually reconsiders his position but it might be too late by then.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not allowing my best friend to crash at my house after his wife died?

My best friend Jake's wife died about a month ago in a car crash and he's handling it terribly. He's a complete mess and while we all try to be there for him, he's become very depressed and spends his time either drinking or sleeping. They had a little girl who's 3 years old and while he's not neglecting her I can tell he's barely holding himself together as it is.

A few days ago, Jake told me he can't stand being in his house anymore because it makes him remember his wife but that he'd force himself to take a few sleeping pills to sleep. Cut to yesterday at 1 AM, my wife and I were waken up by someone banging at our door. I open to see Jake and his daughter at my door and he asks if he can sleep here for the night because he can't handle being in his house anymore. I tell him she can stay but he can't because he has to get over it eventually. He gives me the dirtiest glare I've ever seen and leaves without saying anything.

Today I found out that Jake went back to his house, put his daughter to sleep, then went and slept on the streets. When my wife found out she called me a massive rear end in a top hat but I don't think I was. My intention wasn't to kick him out to the streets, it was to help him get over his wife's death. AITA?

Edit: Thanks, reading all your responses have shed a lot of light on how what I did was terrible and came off as me not caring about him. I'll go talk to him a few hours from now and apologize & let him stay here if he needs. I'll discuss his living situation and if he can't stay in his house I'll see what I can do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Most people aren't too keen on losing body parts to cancer, that's pretty understandable. But the guy is clearly acting irrationally, which makes sense considering he just got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. He's also asking his fiancee to lie about his condition to his family, probably by saying it's terminal and there's no treatment. I definitely think she should tell them or a therapist or get him some kind of help, because it doesn't seem like he's thinking clearly and there's the very real chance he eventually reconsiders his position but it might be too late by then.

I also agree with this. He absolutely needs to talk to someone about this ASAP (not Reddit wtf).

Honestly though I have known / know a few people that have flat out said if they get diagnosed with cancer they won’t treat it. They’ve seen what it does to their family members and they’ve said gently caress that poo poo.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
lol. "i have a terrible illness that is going to take away a big part of me and my sexual identity and change my relationship massively and forever, its freaking me out so much that i want to die"

"suck it up and take it in the rear end you toxic person lololol"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling first-time sushi eater that the wasabi is guacamole?

So my friend comes over with a box of sushi saying she's never tried sushi before. Being the genius I am, I ask her if she likes guacamole? She asks if that's what the "green stuff" is. I tell her yes, but it tends to be very mild in flavor, so put a lot on the sushi. Well... she did... I thought her reaction was great! She was kind of pissed at first, but we look back and laugh now. So I'm wondering if I am the rear end in a top hat in this situation.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for picking up my girlfriend from behind and putting her in the car after she wouldn't leave the party?

Just some context to maybe make this a little easier to judge. We're both 21 and I'm 6'3" and an entire foot taller than my girlfriend. We've been together 2 1/2 years.

My girlfriend "Julia" can sometimes be unaware of the social clues people around her are giving off, especially when she has been drinking.

This was the case last night when we went to go hang out and have dinner at a friend's place. Over the night Julia had a lot of wine and we ended up staying until almost midnight when this happened.

I could tell that our friends really wanted us to leave so they could go to bed but are too nice to actually tell us to leave. It was getting super uncomfortable and Julia just was not picking up on any of this. At one point when we ended up alone in the living room for a minute I whispered to her that "I think they want to go to bed. We should head out now."

She told me to stop being "ridiculous", that they were all having fun and I was trying to ruin her "good time". I decided to give it a little longer to see if she would pick up on the hints before I would remind her again that we should leave.

By the time I reminded her for the second time, it was 12:30 and everybody but Julia was irritated. I asked my friends straight up when Julia was in the bathroom if they wanted us to leave and they finally said yes. When she came back I told her that they said we should leave but she accused me of lying because I "just want to go home."

I stood up, thanked our friends for having us, and grabbed Julia from behind by her waist, grabbed her stuff and put her in the car. Like I said she's a whole foot shorter so there wasn't much she could do to get out it.

When I put her in the car I told her she was being embarrassing and we were going home. She told me to gently caress off but didn't say anything else about it until today when I was at work and she texted me that I was being an rear end in a top hat last night and I shouldn't have picked her up like that, she's not a child, and she doesn't want to talk to me until I apologize.

That's the thing, I don't know if I should be the one to apologize. She was the one disrespecting everybody's time and not listening to my attempts to get her to pay attention to our friend's hints that we should leave. I didn't know what else to do at that point.

AITA for picking her up like that despite all my other attempts to get her to leave?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So my friend comes over with a box of sushi saying she's never tried sushi before. Being the genius I am, I ask her if she likes guacamole? She asks if that's what the "green stuff" is. I tell her yes, but it tends to be very mild in flavor, so put a lot on the sushi. Well... she did... I thought her reaction was great! She was kind of pissed at first, but we look back and laugh now. So I'm wondering if I am the rear end in a top hat in this situation.

I say rear end in a top hat because sushi is good and expensive and ruining it for a joke is terrible.

Also if they both laugh about it what is the point in asking if he is an rear end in a top hat. It was a dick thing to do but I mean :shrug:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Beep boop I am a robot and would be fine having a robot penis, I also expect my partner to be fine with this

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Most people aren't too keen on losing body parts to cancer, that's pretty understandable. But the guy is clearly acting irrationally,

Would you say that to a woman who chose not to treat cancer instead of getting a complete double mastectomy?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for picking up my girlfriend from behind and putting her in the car after she wouldn't leave the party?

Just some context to maybe make this a little easier to judge. We're both 21 and I'm 6'3" and an entire foot taller than my girlfriend. We've been together 2 1/2 years.

My girlfriend "Julia" can sometimes be unaware of the social clues people around her are giving off, especially when she has been drinking.

This was the case last night when we went to go hang out and have dinner at a friend's place. Over the night Julia had a lot of wine and we ended up staying until almost midnight when this happened.

I could tell that our friends really wanted us to leave so they could go to bed but are too nice to actually tell us to leave. It was getting super uncomfortable and Julia just was not picking up on any of this. At one point when we ended up alone in the living room for a minute I whispered to her that "I think they want to go to bed. We should head out now."

She told me to stop being "ridiculous", that they were all having fun and I was trying to ruin her "good time". I decided to give it a little longer to see if she would pick up on the hints before I would remind her again that we should leave.

By the time I reminded her for the second time, it was 12:30 and everybody but Julia was irritated. I asked my friends straight up when Julia was in the bathroom if they wanted us to leave and they finally said yes. When she came back I told her that they said we should leave but she accused me of lying because I "just want to go home."

I stood up, thanked our friends for having us, and grabbed Julia from behind by her waist, grabbed her stuff and put her in the car. Like I said she's a whole foot shorter so there wasn't much she could do to get out it.

When I put her in the car I told her she was being embarrassing and we were going home. She told me to gently caress off but didn't say anything else about it until today when I was at work and she texted me that I was being an rear end in a top hat last night and I shouldn't have picked her up like that, she's not a child, and she doesn't want to talk to me until I apologize.

That's the thing, I don't know if I should be the one to apologize. She was the one disrespecting everybody's time and not listening to my attempts to get her to pay attention to our friend's hints that we should leave. I didn't know what else to do at that point.

AITA for picking her up like that despite all my other attempts to get her to leave?

You're an rear end in a top hat for letting it drag out that late

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Anybody who likes guacamole who can't spot that the texture and content are way off on the wasabi has it coming. Teller her to put a lot on is pushing it, opening OP up to devastating retaliation. I'd recommend the friend suggest straight ouzo sometime.

e.

MarcusSA posted:

I say rear end in a top hat because sushi is good and expensive and ruining it for a joke is terrible.

Eh, one piece and some extra beverage consumption. Give an extra piece of whatever she likes best.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 14, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making a spreadsheet of how much my boyfriend eats when he's at my place?

My boyfriend is a big guy, not fat, but tall and athletic. He eats a lot. I joke that he has a tapeworm. When he's at my place, he goes to town on my food. I honestly have no problem feeding him, or any other guests in my house. I'd be more than happy to whip up a meal, but my boyfriend is a grazer and eats all of my snacks. A thing of Oreos lasts me a month and he will eat all of them in one sitting. Same with cereal, Pop Tarts, cheese, chips, a jar of PB, etc. I don't eat junk food very often so these things last me awhile. I am on a very tight budget, so I can't go out and replace everything he gorges himself on and it irritates that I can't indulge in any treats for a month because he can't control himself.

I have raised this issue with him several times and he just... doesn't get it. He says I'm welcome to anything when I'm at his place, but I don't have a third of the appetite he does so even if I did help myself to my heart's content, it wouldn't have even close to the same impact as him decimating my kitchen. Plus, he makes more money than I do. I've tried to explain this to him but he really didn't get the scope of the issue, so I started to track everything he ate while at my house. I made a spreadsheet that encompassed a single month to demonstrate how much he was eating and how much it was costing me.

My monthly food budget is $150, he was eating over a third of it at $54. I presented this to him and he seemed really confused? He said he'd give me the $54, NBD. But I don't want money, I want him to not go to town on my food. We kind of got into an argument about it and he called me a weird for making a spreadsheet and said it was passive aggressive. I disagree. Again, I've spoken to him several times and he didn't get it; so I decided to show him with evidence. He's acting weird and says he just won't come over anymore, which wasn't my intention. So AITA?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

if you are on a very tight budget and dont really eat junk food, why buy so much junk food? steal his stuff or hide your stuff, or kill him

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

She'd never had it before and brought a box home. There are good odds it came from the grocery store.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

therobit posted:

Would you say that to a woman who chose not to treat cancer instead of getting a complete double mastectomy?

Yes, if the cancer wasn't terminal and had viable treatment options. Especially if she is saying that just a few days after getting the diagnosis.

My grandmother is currently living with stage 4 cancer and she's chosen to not pursue further treatment because she doesn't think the potential benefits are worth it to her at this point. I think her decision is completely reasonable. If my 25 year old friend told me she just got diagnosed with cancer and wasn't willing to consider any treatment for it even though there are options, and really it's better for everyone that she dies anyway because she'd just be a burden and it's not fair to expect other people to be ok with that and everyone would think she's a freak and oh, definitely don't tell her family about it because they'd just try to talk her out of it, then yeah I'd absolutely call that irrational and would do whatever possible to get her support in coming to terms with it and making a more informed decision instead of a split-second emotional one.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

therobit posted:

Y...yes? The obsession with breasts as the most important part of the cancer patient and not the woman they're attached to is one of the more disgusting totally socially acceptable things about the medical dehumanization of women (that, and the acceptability of telling a woman with a negative birth experience that it doesn't matter because she has a baby and that's what's important).

He's also put her in the position of at some point guiltily telling his family he could have had surgery to remove his penis and lived but chose to die and she swore her to secrecy, and they will hate her and blame her forever. If he was going to lie about it, he should have lied to her too.

But really he need to talks to his oncologist and a therapist because this is not a good decision and making a bad decision with an implication this massive is not something that anyone should be shrugging off. Functional surgically created penises are absolutely a thing and with testes and a prostate (don't think he mentioned those were being removed?) he can very likely have a surgically rebuilt penis that can ejaculate and everything a couple of years down the road.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 14, 2019

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
WIBTA if I anonymously turn in an underage drinker purely by rumor?

quote:

This is something I've been really debating in my head for the past few days. I really would like to know if I'd be in the wrong if I do this. (Tell me if this would fit better in r/Advice and I'll move it)

There has been this rumor I've been told by two trusted friends and confirmed by another that a girl at my school was kicked out of our school musical because she was caught drinking alchohol on school property. (She is underage aswell). But I have no hard proof that this is true.

This girl is also in my community theater show, and I was debating on sending my director an anonymous note to check in with my school's drama director to see if this is true. Because if it is, I dont feel comfortable with her being in this show. Will I be the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: The way my community theater works is you must sign many contacts proving your commitment to a show. One of the contracts is specifically that you would not commit any crimes while apart of the show. (Stuff including: drinking or smoking any kind of product). So, she also broke this contract.

Edit 2: After you all said to, I asked her if these rumors where true or not. She said she got kicked out because she came to practice hungover. So yes, they were (pretty much).

Edit 3: Alot of people are apparently commenting from other counties asking how old is underage? We live in America, the drinking age is 21, she is 16.

Edit 4: (FINAL EDIT UNLESS THIS SITUATION IS WORSENED OR SOLVED) Thank you all for such quick responses. I truly do appreciate any and all advice/opinions (even if some were... harsh). I have decided to "mind my own business" as many (many) of you... uh... advised me too. I do realize I made my original post a bit self centered, and I'm sorry for that. I truly did not mean to make this about me, my comment about me being "uncomfortable with her being in this show" was extremely inappropriate. I realize that now. I (surprisingly) do care about this person and have had previous contact with her. (Again, sorry for being bratty.) Thank you.

Biggest rear end in a top hat yet!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

13Pandora13 posted:

Functional surgically created penises are absolutely a thing and with testes and a prostate (don't think he mentioned thos were being removed?) he can very likely have a surgically rebuilt penis that can ejaculate and everything a couple of years down the road.

If he's a millionaire, maybe. But for someone of average means? That kind of procedure is going to cost well above what he could (likely) reasonably afford, and I'd be shocked if a health insurance policy exists that would pay for any part of it.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

this part is kind of important

quote:

it’s stage 3 bordering on stage 4

stage 3 cancer means the cancer has spread to surrounding tissues. stage 4 means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. if he had the surgery today theres still a good chance the cancer wont be completely gone.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Geoj posted:

If he's a millionaire, maybe. But for someone of average means? That kind of procedure is going to cost well above what he could (likely) reasonably afford, and I'd be shocked if a health insurance policy exists that would pay for any part of it.

Even in the US reconstructive surgery after cancer is considered elective the same way as like, a boob job or penile enhancement for crippling self-esteem issues.

Also, if it's between taking out some loans, lol-ing though a medical bankruptcy and being alive with a dick and, you know, dead, bankruptcy is not at all as bad as it's made out to be. I'd say at least 10x less bad than dying.

(edit)

The regional/stage 3 penile cancer survival rate is 48%. That's completely worth taking a shot at. It's not stage 3 lung cancer.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 14, 2019

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Vim Fuego posted:

WIBTA if I anonymously turn in an underage drinker purely by rumor?

Biggest rear end in a top hat yet!
This person is a teenager and was able to be convinced not to do the rear end in a top hat thing, so they're far from the biggest rear end in a top hat yet.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It's really weird that here in this thread, where we criticize people for their choices, I'm getting extremely irritated that people are criticizing the guy who found out he's got an awful cancer choosing to give up.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

SerialKilldeer posted:

Also, how exactly would one have sex with the wind?

what an amateur, you pull down your pants and stick your gooch out a car window

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ I can't imagine the choice. He should reach out to the other guy dealing with no dick

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

. Functional surgically created penises are absolutely a thing and with testes and a prostate (don't think he mentioned those were being removed?) he can very likely have a surgically rebuilt penis that can ejaculate and everything a couple of years down the road.

Don't they usually have to salvage materials from your current genitals to make a functional penis? If it's hard to be lopped off theres a shortage of erectile tissue and nerve-dense skin isn't there?

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

datajugend posted:

if you are on a very tight budget and dont really eat junk food, why buy so much junk food? steal his stuff or hide your stuff, or kill him

It’s nice to have choices when you do want to snack, so it makes sense to stock a variety. She should grab a sack full of food from his kitchen and just walk out the door with it (after killing him).

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Even by dick-cancer's own logic, he could always just choose to kill himself later.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus Christ I can't imagine the choice. He should reach out to the other guy dealing with no dick

How the gently caress are two men with no dicks supposed to interact I mean really it's like dogs without noses

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Don't they usually have to salvage materials from your current genitals to make a functional penis? If it's hard to be lopped off theres a shortage of erectile tissue and nerve-dense skin isn't there?

If you sort by my posts in this thread, I posted a link last time dick cancer came up with a very detailed medical write up, with photos, of a reconstruction that used arm tissue in a cancer patient.

(edit)

Here you go https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08424.x :nms: :nws:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

And any that's left will be riddled with cancer, what's not to love

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

ParserGirl posted:

It’s nice to have choices when you do want to snack, so it makes sense to stock a variety. She should grab a sack full of food from his kitchen and just walk out the door with it (after killing him).

yeah i get that its nice to have some around but its a third of her monthly spending, thats alot of junk food for someone on a very tight budget.
it could be mostly regular food, but considering how she focuses on the junk im gonna guess its mostly that

e: or maybe she is just adding it up i dunno. it just gave me flashbacks to candles for a moment

datajugend fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 14, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

If you sort by my posts in this thread, I posted a link last time dick cancer came up with a very detailed medical write up, with photos, of a reconstruction that used arm tissue in a cancer patient.

(edit)

Here you go https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08424.x :nms: :nws:

Huh. Ok then.
Now that I think about it this isn't a new issue so it's no surprise that someone has found a workaround.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

therobit posted:

I get that you have no dick and want to die but why are you making it our problem?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

13Pandora13 posted:

Even in the US reconstructive surgery after cancer is considered elective the same way as like, a boob job or penile enhancement for crippling self-esteem issues.
No, that's totally incorrect. Reconstructive plastic surgery is almost always covered by insurance. If you get cancer and have to have a single mastectomy, it's legally required (since 1998) that insurance cover reconstruction of the mastectomied breast, plus even surgery of the other (totally fine) one so they end up matching. If you have a double mastectomy then obviously reconstructive surgery on both is covered.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

if they would rather die they had better do it and reduce the surplus population!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

No, that's totally incorrect. Reconstructive plastic surgery is almost always covered by insurance. If you get cancer and have to have a single mastectomy, it's legally required (since 1998) that insurance cover reconstruction of the mastectomied breast, plus even surgery of the other (totally fine) one so they end up matching. If you have a double mastectomy then obviously reconstructive surgery on both is covered.

I totally meant to type "isn't" and didn't for brain reasons - the context of the rest of the sentence should lend to that but alas, my brain-to-hand connection is pretty poo poo most days.