Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shame on an IGA posted:

when the FAA is so deep in the industry's pocket Donald loving Trump gets to look like the voice of reason a full day after after every other flight authority in the world already shut this poo poo down.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/...ingawful.com%2F

The FAA probably doesn't have enough people to even know who has the acting authority to ground the dang things. From the way Boeing's press release read it sounded like that loving moron pitched it to them as something they can take credit for ('out of an abundance of caution we totally did this unilaterally') but then went to the news and said he ordered it because it made his pecker feel big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

how can someone be so bad

The old system was basically that if you sucked, you ran out of money or support before you continued sucking. Schultz continues to suck because he's bankrolling himself, willing to blow it all, doesn't realize that he has no support, and there's nobody around to stop him. Media continue to cover him because, well, he's a billionaire and billionaires must be smart, right?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more CEOs jumping in this cycle since 'hell, if Trump can get elected then I, a ~*true*~ businessman, can too!' but Schultz is certainly doing his damnedest to trash that idea.

The takeaway from Trump is that Americans* want a nativist demagogue as their leader, not that they want a competent businessman.

*as defined by the Electoral College

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 14, 2019

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/13/18253848/eric-garner-footage-ramsey-orta-police-brutality-killing-safety

lil reminder this is still a thing

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Quite a bit better than Uwe

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

A majority of workers at anchor brewing have voted to have their union recognized by management, so now the real battles can start.

pisspig granddad works there so there is a non 0 chance this ends with an armed workers insurrection

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
living is exercise of violence. exercise of violence is the fate of the living

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

make mockery posted:

living is exercise of violence. exercise of violence is the fate of the living

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyhfHQ_7Skg

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
yang wen-li was right

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
my god, mabel! we got lawyers in the barn!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

make mockery posted:

yang wen-li was right

tea is better with brandy!

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

what's up fuckers my brain feels better now

came back just in time to throw 'Tax a few bucks

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

Good to hear!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

florida lan posted:

tea is better with brandy!

"Becoming an adult is about learning how much you can drink." - Yang Weng-Li

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Smiling Jack posted:

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-03-13/when-elon-musk-tried-to-destroy-tesla-whistleblower-martin-tripp

definitely cool and good and normal behavior from the most powerful members of our society

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

Missed you dude. Glad you're back.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The takeaway from Trump is that Americans* want a nativist demagogue as their leader, not that they want a competent businessman.

*as defined by the Electoral College

That's assuming most CEOs have the awareness to realize they're not actually part of some vast silent majority of responsible (sic) adults and/or aren't nearly as charismatic as they think.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Smiling Jack posted:

:toot:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Have the Pinkertons attacked the anchor steam workers yet? New rdr2 online content sounding good...

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Terrifying Effigies posted:

That's assuming most CEOs have the awareness to realize they're not actually part of some vast silent majority of responsible (sic) adults and/or aren't nearly as charismatic as they think.

Most of the people they (or any high level corporate types) interact with are usually bootlickers trying to climb the ladder or people who don't want to piss them off and lose their job. And they aren't self aware enough to pull the whole Roman "slave whispering 'remember you are mortal' in their ear" thing (or modern equivalent). In my somewhat limited experience anyways.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I guess today is the big Brexit vote. My understanding is that if they fail, it's a no-deal Brexit everybody get hosed. If they pass, then they have to <check notes> beg the EU for an extension that could theoretically be in June but realistically will be in late May?

It's good to not be alone in the world of self inflicted political wounds.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Eej posted:

Please internet, I haven't stretched my calves yet

:golfclap:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

make mockery posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-03-13/when-elon-musk-tried-to-destroy-tesla-whistleblower-martin-tripp

definitely cool and good and normal behavior from the most powerful members of our society

Well he is behind his former partner Peter Theil on spending millions to destroy people’s lives, he can’t let that stand.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Nick_Offerman/status/1106047452157636608

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

So I guess today is the big Brexit vote. My understanding is that if they fail, it's a no-deal Brexit everybody get hosed. If they pass, then they have to <check notes> beg the EU for an extension that could theoretically be in June but realistically will be in late May?

EU elections are coming up in June, so they'll be legally obligated to spend the money to hold them only to leave shortly thereafter, which is hilarious. That's why the EU is trying to push them out in May, but they're also saying that they aren't going back to the negotiating table, and there isn't enough time to organize a general election or another referendum, so it's basically just another two months for business to continue to pull out and people to not know what the gently caress is going on. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the EU rejected the extension for these reasons and the UK brexited hard in two weeks.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Vasudus posted:

IF the EU even agrees to it. Extension of the deadline has to be unanimous, and Farage has been busy:

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1105797205712093184

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Kiss me

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Torrannor posted:

IF the EU even agrees to it. Extension of the deadline has to be unanimous, and Farage has been busy:

Yo I'm sure all of those brexit-voting areas on the coast of England that depend on tourism dollars and subsidies from the EU will weather the summer just fine during the routine summer vacation surge of millions of tourists from [checks notes] two dozen countries that no longer have a Visa waiver program with the UK.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

New 40K: Dawn of War reboot looking good with that Nurgle model. Lots of loving detail being put into it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Torrannor posted:

"GuidoFawkes"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Per the UK thread, he's not the only treasonous bastard, Conservative MPs are also talking to Hungary and others to try to stifle an extension.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1106016159986524162

pod save america guys are some ex-obama people right? seems appropriate lmao

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
That hardly seems to register on the Scandal Scale. A production like that has been in the works since the senate elections, well before beto put in a presidential bid.

And while the PSA crew are centrist lanyards they at least aren’t stupid. They’re doing a pretty good job keeping every democratic candidate in their rotation.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
They shilled the movie in their last podcast and made it seem like their only involvement was the one host was high school friends with the director or something.

PSA has been sounding more and more astroturfy as time goes on.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

One of the main PSA guys is also on the "founder's council" of a "post partisan health care solutions" group along with a bunch of health insurance and hospital people, including Bill Frist.

https://unitedstatesofcare.org/leadership/

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm starting to sound like a shill for centrists but the whole "be the change you want to see" was the whole reason they turned keeping it 1600 into a real podcast and media monster. Being on a group of powerful people is a way to influence the discussion. Favreau isn't a dsa member by any stretch but he seems pretty onboard with medicare for all or singlepayer. Neo-liberal ideologies and all but at least they're doing more than the twitter rose brigade.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Also for all the poo poo Chapo fans give them, they were the first ones to say after the election (like the morning after) that Bernie would have won and they and the DNC hosed up by not endorsing that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

https://twitter.com/Darren_Dutton/status/1085997901451534337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doughy Fresh
Jun 15, 2007

Isn't that dangerous?

Is he trying to audition for Baron Harkonnen in that new Dune movie? All he needs are some gravity suspenders and he’s got it nailed.