Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Reign Of Pain posted:

Have the Pinkertons attacked the anchor steam workers yet? New rdr2 online content sounding good...

They actually filed a defamation suit against Rockstar after RDR2 came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doughy Fresh posted:

Is he trying to audition for Baron Harkonnen in that new Dune movie? All he needs are some gravity suspenders and he’s got it nailed.

Its gonna be hard to top Ian McNiece

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

A Bad Poster posted:

They actually filed a defamation suit against Rockstar after RDR2 came out.

Did they sue Deadwood as well?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Doughy Fresh posted:

Is he trying to audition for Baron Harkonnen in that new Dune movie? All he needs are some gravity suspenders and he’s got it nailed.

You are SO beautiful, my President. Your skin, love to me. Your tan lovingly applied, for all eternity.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Flikken posted:

Did they sue Deadwood as well?

No, because as always it's about the money. I looked it up and it was a C&D against them for using the name, and they want a percentage of the money the game has made. Rockstar told them to gently caress off, because it's fair use.

Either way gently caress those union busting assholes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If heartplugs were a thing Donnie would insist on his family and staff having them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm starting to sound like a shill for centrists but the whole "be the change you want to see" was the whole reason they turned keeping it 1600 into a real podcast and media monster. Being on a group of powerful people is a way to influence the discussion. Favreau isn't a dsa member by any stretch but he seems pretty onboard with medicare for all or singlepayer. Neo-liberal ideologies and all but at least they're doing more than the twitter rose brigade.

Rose Twitter brigade is out there winning elections while your heroes sit around talking

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I have a very important announcement to make. Possibly the most important announcement I've ever made.

Announcement: QKBFKEHWFJAIDIEHEVEKQGDBSJS

https://twitter.com/RameshPonnuru/status/1106220090238869511?s=19

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Rose Twitter brigade is out there winning elections while your heroes sit around talking

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doughy Fresh posted:

makes sense if they genderbend Feyd so Ivanka can play the part.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Rose Twitter brigade is out there winning elections while your heroes sit around talking and shilling for big pharma

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lol. Two Stanford grads are suing Stanford saying the college admission fraud has “cheapened” their fancy degrees. Boohoo my Stanford diploma!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/sta...ingawful.com%2F

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I have a very important announcement to make. Possibly the most important announcement I've ever made.

Announcement: QKBFKEHWFJAIDIEHEVEKQGDBSJS

https://twitter.com/RameshPonnuru/status/1106220090238869511?s=19

"Allow the federal government to dictate the cars people drive, the houses people live in and the food people eat."

Newsflash: the government already does that nimrod.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What was the name of that bullshit disingenuous plan that exists solely to muddy the waters on Medicare for All? Some poo poo that does nothing but talk about reforming "access" to health care while not touching a single dime from the insurance companies. Pretty sure I remember those guys shilling for it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

mlmp08 posted:

lol. Two Stanford grads are suing Stanford saying the college admission fraud has “cheapened” their fancy degrees. Boohoo my Stanford diploma!

They're not wrong.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Other Stanford grads should sue them because their lawsuit against the school has cheapened the cache of saying you went to Stanford.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The PSA dudes want to take us back to a better time when migrant families were separated but you just didn't see it in the news

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Catching up on Brexit today and cruising through videos. It's interesting the see how the parliament differs when a crisis is on.

Division on a regular day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5JLohLWI4&t=4s

Division on a Brexit vote day (two months back):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ndvW1yeX0

loving packed, the speaker has to scream even with a mic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile in Italy "too ugly to be raped" is now an accepted legal standard :stare:

Doughy Fresh
Jun 15, 2007

Isn't that dangerous?

Slim Pickens posted:

makes sense if they genderbend Feyd so Ivanka can play the part.

I would be very much into this if they mapped the Obamas onto Leto, Lady Jessica, and Paul (I guess Sasha would be Paul so Malia can play Alia; even the names work). Hillary can play the old Bene Gesserit with the Gom Jabbar. Kush plays Piter.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

The PSA dudes want to take us back to a better time when migrant families were separated but you just didn't see it in the news

We may be democrats, and others may be republicans, but we all care about solutions. That's why I'm excited to announce our partnership on the best kind of immigration solution: a final one. But first, does your mattress leave you feeling tired? Casper-

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

It's impressive that the President isn't the biggest idiot in the photo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Doughy Fresh posted:

I would be very much into this if they mapped the Obamas onto Leto, Lady Jessica, and Paul (I guess Sasha would be Paul so Malia can play Alia; even the names work). Hillary can play the old Bene Gesserit with the Gom Jabbar. Kush plays Piter.

So who does that make Thufir, Gurney, and Duncan?

I loving love Dune derails.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
https://twitter.com/scottmann4NC/status/1106128906480951296

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

UK lawmakers rejected a move to support a second referendum on Brexit by 334 votes to 85. It’s a blow to campaigners for a so-called People’s Vote

The cross-party proposal was the first time the House of Commons has held a formal vote on whether to endorse another referendum.

also, in local news

quote:

HARTFORD, Conn. – Gunmaker Remington can be sued over how it marketed the Bushmaster rifle used to kill 20 children and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, a divided Connecticut Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
Justices issued a 4-3 decision that reinstated a wrongful death lawsuit and overturned a lower court ruling that the lawsuit was prohibited by a 2005 federal law that shields gun manufacturers from liability in most cases when their products are used in crimes.
The plaintiffs include a survivor and relatives of nine people killed in the massacre. They argue the AR-15-style rifle used by shooter Adam Lanza is too dangerous for the public and Remington glorified the weapon in marketing it to young people.
Remington has denied wrongdoing and previously insisted it can’t be sued under the federal law.
The majority of the high court agreed with most of the lower court’s ruling and dismissed most of the lawsuit’s allegations, but allowed a wrongful marketing claim to proceed

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 14, 2019

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So who does that make Thufir, Gurney, and Duncan?

I loving love Dune derails.

Thufir is Bernie
Gurney is...Petreus?
Duncan is BETO

If you wanna flip Gurney to the dark side, he's loving ARTWAR Mustang.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

clarkson should have punched him harder

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

TAKE HIM! I will give you 47 dollars to take him! It would have been 147 but Iowtax posted 1st.

e:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

At least the article ends on a positive note:

quote:

Protests broke out earlier this month after an appeals court in Bologna nearly cut in half the sentence for a man who admitted to killing his partner. The court cited as one of its reasons for the reduction the “emotional storm” of jealousy that the killer experienced.

Not quite at Texas's level of "killing a prostitute who accepted your money but tried to leave your car without having sex with you is justifiable self-defense" but still a strong showing on the misogymurder leaderboards.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

this sounds like a good way for a judge to end up with more stab wounds than you might imagine could fit in the human body

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

make mockery posted:

this sounds like a good way for a judge to end up with more stab wounds than you might imagine could fit in the human body

It’s the Ides of March soon, let’s call that “getting Caesar’d”.

Doughy Fresh
Jun 15, 2007

Isn't that dangerous?

MA-Horus posted:

Thufir is Bernie
Gurney is...Petreus?
Duncan is BETO

I think Bernie is more of a Liet Kynes. Thufir is Rahm Emanuel, maybe? The Fremen are DSA (AOC = Chani?) The navigator’s guild is the senate. I think that makes the Koch brothers the emperor.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

If by 'accepted' you mean 'reversed and an official investigation into WTF ordered,' then yes.
Bonus :psyduck::
The 2017 "the victim's not credible and the defendants thought she was mannish and ugly" ruling was by an all-woman appellate court panel.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm starting to sound like a shill for centrists but the whole "be the change you want to see" was the whole reason they turned keeping it 1600 into a real podcast and media monster. Being on a group of powerful people is a way to influence the discussion. Favreau isn't a dsa member by any stretch but he seems pretty onboard with medicare for all or singlepayer. Neo-liberal ideologies and all but at least they're doing more than the twitter rose brigade.

Yeah, this.

Also pod save the world is one of the best pod casts out there. It is bringing real national security and International Relations news and information to the masses. People who otherwise wouldn't really know. It also does a great job of showing how Trump's actions are harming national security. Which is something podcasts like The Cypher Brief, Spycast, etc sometimes have a hard time explicitly saying.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

MA-Horus posted:

Thufir is Bernie
Gurney is...Petreus?
Duncan is BETO

I'd say Duncan is Rahm Emanuel

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

MA-Horus posted:

Thufir is Bernie
Gurney is...Petreus?
Duncan is BETO

Its been a long time since I last read Dune, but I feel like Gurney has to be Mattis.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Gurney wasn't an idiot traitor :colbert: I say Mullen is Gurney.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

They call it "national security" because lucasfilm trademarked "the empire."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I agree with the idea that the DSA/Rose twitter people are out there winning elections but the actual number of rose twitter brigade people winning elections is significantly smaller than the number of rose twitter brigaders that endlessly circle jerk or circular fire squad themselves.

Like, I agree that DSA members on the ground actually doing stuff are loving killing it right now and are getting some amazing work done, but you also get a ton of dipshits on twitter that throw roses in their handle and contribute nothing but easy dunks and circular firing squads to the conversation at large.

I mean even Natalie Wynn (contrapoints) has called it out,