Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Big Huski Boi posted:

I created a league on F1 Fantasy, use this code: 39ed62da7a

You can make changes up to the start of qualifying so there's enough time to get in.

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Big Huski Boi posted:

Cool iospace I'm in on this

https://www.lls.org

Go Sharl Go

Ok, to clarify here, every race Charles wins, 10 to LLS?

Hexyflexy posted:

gently caress it, I’ll take a month probe if Kube, the Polish Rose wins a race.

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, come on. Even as the resident die hard Williams fan I already know this will never happen.

:toxx: Permaban me if Kubica wins a race in 2019 in the Williams, thanks :toxx:

Noted. Page 5 toxxes taken care of.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

julian assflange posted:

:toxx: Ban me if Lewis Hamilton wins 11(eleven) or more Races in the 2019 Formula 1 World Championship

Powershift posted:

I don't like ban toxxes because i love you guys and don't want to go without you because williams suddenly pulls some magic rabbit out of their asses and challenges are Lance and Racing Point Lance GP for WDC.

so stop doing ban toxxes and come up with something more creative like buying williams/kube gear or donating to a good cause or cutting off a finger or something.

For example

:toxx: If are Lance doesn't podium at least once this season, i will buy a Lance/LanceGP hat no matter how pink it is

NtotheTC posted:

:toxx: if ferrari win either the WDC or the WCC I will buy gonzo archives so he can revel in the quagmire of the 2007 season thread. Or if he doesn't want to wait for season end I will donate to a charity of his choice

Thanks Ants posted:

:toxx: £50 to Sands if McLaren don't finish ahead of Racing Point this year :toxx:

Page 6 accounted for

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

Ok, to clarify here, every race Charles wins, 10 to LLS?

Noted. Page 5 toxxes taken care of.

No the original bet was I was going to donate $10 for every race Lewis does not win

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

No the original bet was I was going to donate $10 for every race Lewis does not win

Ah, ok so he declared what the charity would be then?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

Ah, ok so he declared what the charity would be then?

Yes, the agreement was he got to pick if he matched the donation.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
ive never done fantasy before but now i have and im probably never going to go back to that page again god willing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Yes, the agreement was he got to pick if he matched the donation.

Ok so for final clarification: for every race Lewis does not win, both you and Wicka will donate 10 dollars to LLS? Just want to make sure I got the record straight here.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

Ok so for final clarification: for every race Lewis does not win, both you and Wicka will donate 10 dollars to LLS? Just want to make sure I got the record straight here.

This is my understanding, yes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

That is correct.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Just read a great Motorsport Prime article about how difficult it was for Sauber to get Raikkonen on the grid in 2001. Ron Dennis said, "Peter Sauber is insane getting a kid with no experience whatsoever in single-seaters," and then six months later paid so much to get Kimi out of his Sauber contract that it funded the Hinwil wind tunnel.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

Just read a great Motorsport Prime article about how difficult it was for Sauber to get Raikkonen on the grid in 2001. Ron Dennis said, "Peter Sauber is insane getting a kid with no experience whatsoever in single-seaters," and then six months later paid so much to get Kimi out of his Sauber contract that it funded the Hinwil wind tunnel.

If Trump was an F1 team manager....

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GramCracker posted:

lmao this dude owns 11/10 would have a poo poo and an ice cream with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mM9DV59ucc

This is pretty good, and gently caress whoever that is on the podcast talking to Kimi. English isn't his first language you dickhead.

"Can you do it again and this time say 'you're listening TO beyond the grid' " ?

Good on him for not even trying. "You are listening to podcast" yeah take that, you sky dipshits.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
im in the fantasy f1 league thinger, maybe thisll give me a reason to actually give a poo poo about races beyond where my boy lance stroll places

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Rhopunzel posted:

im in the fantasy f1 league thinger, maybe thisll give me a reason to actually give a poo poo about races beyond where my boy lance stroll places

How mamy times can i put lance stroll on a team

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

OhsH posted:

How mamy times can i put lance stroll on a team

only once, friend, unless they invent cloning tech so we can have multiple lance strolls on the grid

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you designate Lance as your Turbo Driver he will accrue double points

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Not enough for me to join

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Big Huski Boi posted:

2 x 0 is still 0 though????

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Do this but with Lando

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zaphod42 posted:

This is pretty good, and gently caress whoever that is on the podcast talking to Kimi. English isn't his first language you dickhead.

"Can you do it again and this time say 'you're listening TO beyond the grid' " ?

Good on him for not even trying. "You are listening to podcast" yeah take that, you sky dipshits.

That has nothing to do with Sky, that’s one of the few truly respect journalists in F1 and the guy is actually good friends with Kimi outside of it.

You are a literal psychopath. Seek therapy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CHILLs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thank you for posting this. Chills.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Chillz

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Lmao Jesus Christ I’m done with this sports fan base

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Couldn't it be said Charlie bore some responsibility for the Jules crash? Because he was trying to keep the race going with no regard for conditions in order to please the internetists posting ITT

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Couldn't it be said Charlie bore some responsibility for the Jules crash? Because he was trying to keep the race going with no regard for conditions in order to please the internetists posting ITT

and now he'll never face justice

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Only 4 and a bit hours to go...

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

I fondly remember all those times that Ayrton opened his mouth and sounded like a day player in an Ealing Studios comedy.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Formula 1 is back baby. It's bad again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I woke up this morning, and turned on the TV. I wasn't really listening until I saw Charlie's picture on my country's news channel. I figured he announced something, and carried on. Until i realised that Charlie had actually died on the rerun of the news.

First I was shocked, I mean I saw him doing his job yesterday... I went to work and actually spent the entire morning thinking of what Charlie meant to me. A random fan. The word that popped up in my head was: Safe
Throughout the years of watching Formula 1, Charlie was always smiling. If I had any doubts about where our sport was going I would look at Charlie and think: No we'll be alright.
As I went on thinking about Charlie's life and legacy for our sport, I realised he would probably not have cared if he would have died today. I feel like Charlie would be the type of man to have lived a happy life regardless of dying at a fairly young age.

Take solace in this:

There are worse lives to live, there are worse ways to die. He probaly died in his sleep, thinking about waking up in the morning and doing the job he loved. For the drivers, the teams and the fans.
His responsibilities and his activities were such a heavy burden, yet never cracked and always smiled. Never disliked by almost 3 generations of drivers and many teams under different leadership. He was in fact as Toto said: A pilliar in our sport.

The one thing I fear, is that Charlie's legacy may be forgotten, as he was often in the background. It shouldnt be and we as fans should honour his legacy.
Yet here I am, a random fan, who only knows this man from pictures and videos, actually saddened by his death, a man always in the background yet still on national TV when the world learned of his passing. I think this says enough about Charlie's charachter, to be in the shadows and yet reach out so far. I applaud him for that.

Thank you for everything Charlie, may you rest in peace.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

Gp predictor seems broken at the moment.

seems to work a little bit on the app.
They do force you to pick a favorite team/driver, after which it gives an error and goes to the main page.

Did somebody create a league?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Charlie died for our shitposts

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
*Formula One theme's overture aggressively fades in*

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I made a team. I have no idea what I'm doing.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Same

E: so we're stuck with this team now for the season?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ilmucche posted:

I made a team. I have no idea what I'm doing.

have a poo poo and maybe some ice cream

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

gently caress yeah! Its time for this season to kick off!

Mclaren going to dominate everyone. Finish in places 1-20......

Wait, did I say places? I meant pieces.... finish in 1-20 pieces!

:rice:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tsaedje posted:

Only 4 and a bit hours to go...

Lmao the Williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

julian assflange posted:

Lmao the Williams
I was just about to post this. Top notch gif. The gifs we need but not the gifs we deserve.