Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I have come to the important conclusion that I do not want Gen 5 to be remade, but rather just upscaled to HD and put in bundles of White/White 2 and Black/Black2, along with the single new feature of a sound test like Smash's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I want black and white remastered, but with only the digimon I like and none of the digimon I hate.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

has a game ever had every digimon...........

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9zULU-C_WE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

oddium posted:

No, which is why I always liked pokemon more

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

oddium posted:

Nope, and evolution lines constantly shift between games.

The lack of consistency in Digimon is one of the reason I'm not overly fond of the franchise.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Digimon can't even be assed to give you like....any of the cooler starter digimon in most of the games.

They'll give you garbage like Augumon and Gabumon but Terriermon is usually not someone you can get. poo poo's shameful.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Gen 5 is best gen, trash boys and ice cream are amazing, Stunfisk is perfection, Ghetsis is the best actual villain the series has had, and new Pokémon only until postgame was incredible and they’ll never do it again.

Gen 7 was pretty close though

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

If I must confess a preference ORAS is my hands down favorite because they made the villains endearing as gently caress. The only ones who come close are team skull but they're in same vein of not actually evil just dumb/sad. And hey, even if some other people hate it Hoenn is hands down my favorite region; it gave me some of my absolute fav pokemon to this very day.

oddium posted:

Nope. It's digimon's most horrendous failing. Not to mention they can't even be arsed to put the newer digimon into their games. ZenMasterBullshit got it in one poo poo's downright shameful. Also you can't start with an Impmon and evolve it along the lines you want. Why loving bother?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Bandi loves stepping on their own balls when it comes to making the Digimon franchise good, which I feel is a big reason that pokemon has been at the top for so long.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Gen V is also the only generation where the originals are better than the "Third" version. I appreciate the idea behind making the third version an actual sequel instead of just a touch up, but in doing so they basically forgot the touch up part. The game still has availability problems with Gen Vers not appearing till the games near over, The plot instead of being touched up is plain forgotten until they cram in a real lame and basic one in during the last 15 minutes, and the overworld which was really tightly designed o\is chopped up into confetti trying to make you go in a different order when it just isn't designed to do that. The only real improvements were the new Battle Facilities (which were great).

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Ok pokegoons, so my google-fu is weak. Let's say I wanted to transfer pokemon from my VC Yellow game to my VC Crystal game with Pokebank. Is that possible, or is it more like a one-way trip once you upload them to bank?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Ok pokegoons, so my google-fu is weak. Let's say I wanted to transfer pokemon from my VC Yellow game to my VC Crystal game with Pokebank. Is that possible, or is it more like a one-way trip once you upload them to bank?

Nope! You can only transfer rby/gsc/dpp/bw/2 to sun/moon and above. I made this mistake! Celebi is stuck in the bank! I need to buy ultrasunmoon. Dunno which.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Trip Report: Oh my gosh, this game is precious! I'm also taking the time to use pokemon I hadn't before. So now my party is nidoran(f), paras, eevee, clefairy, a butterfree and one magikarp. Magikarp has a -attack nature, so I may swap her for another.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I want a real pokemon.

Not to battle or anything, I just want someone to play smash bros with.

I’m thinkin’ machamp. he can be player 2 and 3.

Wait, i’d need to trade him to somebody.

back to square one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dizz posted:

Bandi loves stepping on their own balls when it comes to making the Digimon franchise good, which I feel is a big reason that pokemon has been at the top for so long.

It's a lot like the ol' Nintendo-Sega rivalry where Digimon's success has always been more of a fluke and supported more by better marketing and tie-in media, while Pokemon just has a rock solid foundation in the games.

Digimon could work a lot better if they do it like the card game where evolutionary lines can vary based on whatever's loosely fitting.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

galagazombie posted:

Gen V is also the only generation where the originals are better than the "Third" version. I appreciate the idea behind making the third version an actual sequel instead of just a touch up, but in doing so they basically forgot the touch up part. The game still has availability problems with Gen Vers not appearing till the games near over, The plot instead of being touched up is plain forgotten until they cram in a real lame and basic one in during the last 15 minutes, and the overworld which was really tightly designed o\is chopped up into confetti trying to make you go in a different order when it just isn't designed to do that. The only real improvements were the new Battle Facilities (which were great).
Pokestar Studios, my friend. That was by far the most fun addition to the game for me and I wish they'd incorporate another "battle puzzle" facility in the next game because I want, nay, need more.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's a lot like the ol' Nintendo-Sega rivalry where Digimon's success has always been more of a fluke and supported more by better marketing and tie-in media, while Pokemon just has a rock solid foundation in the games.

Digimon could work a lot better if they do it like the card game where evolutionary lines can vary based on whatever's loosely fitting.

Honestly I like the pet raising mechanics in the Digimon World games more than Pokemon ever did in their games. Having your little idiot run with you places and training it and battling it in real time felt way more fun to me.

I think if they could just refine that well they would do nicely, but they don't seem to do much with the Digimon franchise.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Digimon’s anime is so far and above better than Pokémon’s, though. Not even close imo. For Digimon the games are kinda just an afterthought and it shows by how they’ve had like a hundred studios work on them as opposed to just one studio like Pokémon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Cyber Sleuth games have an oddly relaxing grind to them.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Digimon started out as tamagotchi's which was really cool to me. You'd think they would go with the gaming aspect instead of pouring so many more resources into its anime, but I guess they realized they couldn't compete with pokemon which was a far better game series.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Digimon is an odd beast because it was a Tamagotchi rip-off that found itself in a world where the virtual pet fad had died and the collectable monster fad now reigned supreme. Then the anime that was merely meant to be a advertisement for the Tamagotchi stuff turns out to be the only part of the property anyone actually cared about. So they try to reorient their presentation to say it was a collectable monster franchise all along! So now you've got this weird Frankenstein property where the advertisements are more important than the merchandise and thats only been able to scrape by as long as it has because of good will for the show. It's like if the core series Pokemon games failed but the Anime remained successful so the games that got made were weird spin-offs by various out-sourced developers.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
The Digimon anime is good. The characters actually grow up and eventually get real people jobs, but still have to deal with the trauma of all the bullshit they went through as kids plus all the bullshit that keeps happening that they have to keep solving because they're still the ~digi-destined~. It's odd but it works, especially if you grew up with the show.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the new digimon survive game looks to be focusing on digimon's good points but the big downside is you get stuck with a loving agumon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

digimon, to me, is like if every pokemon was a carnivine

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Super No Vacancy posted:

digimon, to me, is like if every pokemon was a carnivine

so, all good dogs

Elfgames posted:

the new digimon survive game looks to be focusing on digimon's good points but the big downside is you get stuck with a loving agumon

gross. gomamon or die

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Digimon series' that have Agumon is like when a Power Rangers thing needs to use or reference MMPR. Just because it was the first doesn't mean it's the best.

Pikachu gets a lot of stuff but at least in the main games he's just another Pokemon. With notable exceptions. (Yellow, Pikachu Valley, ect)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Digimon's had multiple anime incarnations that take place in different continuities though. (Tamers apparently has the franchise exist in-universe, and then there's the guy from the Japanese-exclusive video games on a console no one bought who pops up apropos of nothing...)

Funny thing is that Guilmon was literally an 'Agumon but better' original character.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Digimon series' that have Agumon

series’ is the possessive, not the plural

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

series’ is the possessive, not the plural
Digimon series... Digimon serieses? :confused:

EDIT: Just Digimon series it seems. Stupid english language

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently these 2 new Eeveelutions will be announced on April 15th in Corocoro

https://twitter.com/EMoOoHxEze6VDPu/status/1106395787100127233?s=19

They look pretty legit.

Here's the image itself in case the tweet is deleted

By the way, should I be spoiling leaks? Does anyone care?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

The Cyber Sleuth games have an oddly relaxing grind to them.

funny enough, i couldn't actually get into Cyber Sleuth. Game felt too overwhelming, I couldn't tell which Digimon were worth working on, what skills to get, and being able to evolve up AND down evolutionary paths was just too much for me.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

RatHat posted:

They look pretty legit.

I'll believe "leaks" once they're confirmed. Until then, lol.

There are a lot of believable leaks out there, and there are a lot of really dumb ones. People eat 'em both up.

People are always starved for info until the games come out and even then look to guides and people posting every tiny detail of the games online rather than spend time to find it themselves.

My default assumption any time i see the word "leak" in connection to unreleased games/content is "someone's making poo poo up for attention".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BlazetheInferno posted:

I'll believe "leaks" once they're confirmed. Until then, lol.

There are a lot of believable leaks out there, and there are a lot of really dumb ones. People eat 'em both up.

People are always starved for info until the games come out and even then look to guides and people posting every tiny detail of the games online rather than spend time to find it themselves.

My default assumption any time i see the word "leak" in connection to unreleased games/content is "someone's making poo poo up for attention".

Basically this and triply so for anything Nintendo, who tend to have really good info control and a lot of people willing to make stuff up.

I am reminded that people thought Duck Hunt meant a Smash 4 leak was fake.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sometimes people just like making stuff

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

You can tell the Eeveelutions are fake because they aren't Poison and Fighting

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Why does one Eon have armour while the other doesn't have armour OR a sword

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RatHat posted:

They look pretty legit.

sure Jan

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i am putting the new steel eevee below flareon and the new Music type eevee below espeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I’m putting them both below Kanto Golem