Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Your Taint posted:

I'm willing to bet Dipshit saw this list, which is the one making the rounds on Twitter atm.

Look at the small print on the bottom to see who compiled the list.

https://twitter.com/TeaPartyBison/status/1107034168049967104

Also, from two years ago. Also, primarily from a petroleum producer, whose best interest is continuing to make a profit, not producing lower carbon emissions. Also, any reduction in carbon emissions by the United States is in spite of Trump by switching to cleaner energy, not because of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

PT6A posted:

When I was a teenager, I thought about trying that, you know, just for fun and to watch some stuff blow up, but then I realized what an incredibly lovely and dangerous idea that was, so I didn't do it and I'm pretty happy with my decision-making process on that issue.
Look at this nerd who's got all his fingers.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Lycus posted:

I don't what's shameful about liking booms. Fireworks are just a safe version, but the underlying psychology for enjoying it is the same, is it not?

Just a reminder that Kerning Chameleon also thinks prohibition was a good idea and that 3D printers should be banned for some reason. They might be just a little bit crazy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If we’re banning target shooting because in your Galaxy Brain that’s emblematic of a violent society I guess we also need to ban all video game shooters since shooting at virtual people that realistically act and react is definitely worse than shooting at a paper circle.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

TheScott2K posted:

You're wrong. That "vast swath" is a vanishing minority. American gun culture is about killing a "bad guy."

So this is what "all ears" looks like. :nallears: There's an exciting amount of "I've just decided that I'm right" in the thread today because everyone's found a group of people they can sneer at while still seeming like they're leftist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Whoooole lotta people outing themselves as pyromaniacs itt, I tell ya what.

mild levels of pyromania is actually super common my good dude and if you literally can't fathom why 'make something go boom in a flashy way' is POSSIBLY fun you're 100% way deeper on the 'something's wrong with your brain' spectrum.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Ague Proof posted:

Wilson is Ben Shapiro's cousin.

Huh, didn’t know this
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/935525346664783873?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we’re banning target shooting because in your Galaxy Brain that’s emblematic of a violent society I guess we also need to ban all video game shooters as shooting at virtual people is definitely worse than shooting at a paper circle.

Unironically agree.

:puckout: DOTA supremacy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
*me looking out at a bunch of people enjoying a fireworks show, having a low grade panic attack*

My god...these future killers...just reveling in their evil!!!!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FizFashizzle posted:

Unironically agree.

:puckout: DOTA supremacy
DOTA is worse for society than mass shootings.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we’re banning target shooting because in your Galaxy Brain that’s emblematic of a violent society I guess we also need to ban all video game shooters since shooting at virtual people that realistically act and react is definitely worse than shooting at a paper circle.

have you seen a typical military shooter multiplayer session, ever?

that's like the birthplace of all current Young Chuds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'bragging about how few friends I have/family tolerates me any more' is my favorite right wing self own

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

PT6A posted:

Can we all agree that guns and explosives of various sorts are pretty fun and that's not in itself evidence of a mental problem?

Of course. Well I mean I can, but judging from how this discussion is going down, and past discussions in this thread about this, I dont think you'll get the buy in you're looking for.

PT6A posted:

That doesn't mean the fun is worth the risk they pose to society, though, and saying "I want to keep my guns because they're fun, gently caress the consequences"

I dont think any of the gun owners in this thread are saying that. There are people that say that though, and I agree, its hosed. The last time my brother was in town we had a 'discussion' about this, and after telling him how cool it was that his niece and nephew have to go through active shooter drills and that not affecting them I point blank asked him if his gun rights trumped all the dead. He said it did, so yea, hes hosed in the head regarding guns.

I think where posters lose the thread are when they paint all gun owners with an incredibly broad brush and think because I shoot sporting clays with an over and under because it's fun and helps prepare me for bird hunting that I'm also constantly thinking of murdering everyone. Its gross and the posters in here are better than that.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

have you seen a typical military shooter multiplayer session, ever?

that's like the birthplace of all current Young Chuds

lmao

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Is there a button to report every post on the entire page?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sexpig by night posted:

'bragging about how few friends I have/family tolerates me any more' is my favorite right wing self own

all my chud cousins blocked me on all social media and completely cut me out of their lives. I haven't been happier.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Just because you can't imagine a video game with similar mechanics without it being draped in military worship doesn't mean I have such limitations, checkmate ammosexuals.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sexpig by night posted:

mild levels of pyromania is actually super common my good dude and if you literally can't fathom why 'make something go boom in a flashy way' is POSSIBLY fun you're 100% way deeper on the 'something's wrong with your brain' spectrum.

I admit, I had a fascination with watchimg candles and fireplaces burn as a child. But I also quickly realized how dangerous that was and learned how to break myself of those mental patterns. What's your excuse?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Considering all the Nazis and KKK people that get recruited out of fandoms of violent games, sure.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's dangerous to watch a candle or a fireplace? :psyduck:

Seriously what the hell is wrong with you?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Besesoth posted:

So this is what "all ears" looks like. :nallears: There's an exciting amount of "I've just decided that I'm right" in the thread today because everyone's found a group of people they can sneer at while still seeming like they're leftist.

This is par for the course in this thread. Everytime posting in here goes into the direction of guns when Trump news is slow it turns into this, and I'm a dude who's position is literally 'melt all guns'.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Weird I can watch a campfire for hours but have never done an arson that you can prove, coppers

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Your Taint posted:

I'm willing to bet Dipshit saw this list, which is the one making the rounds on Twitter atm.

Look at the small print on the bottom to see who compiled the list.

https://twitter.com/TeaPartyBison/status/1107034168049967104

Why is the EU listed as one country and why are Spain and the UK listed separate from it (besides the obvious answer that this is a bullshit chart made by bullshit people)?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Considering all the Nazis and KKK people that get recruited out of fandoms of violent games, sure.

It's more that video games in general tend to attract the type of lonely, aimless people who are prime recruiting targets. I've posted this a bazillion times. You're stopping a few levels before the actual cause.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PT6A posted:

It's dangerous to watch a candle or a fireplace? :psyduck:

Seriously what the hell is wrong with you?

He posts like an alien trying really hard to behave like a perfectly moral human being.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Angry_Ed posted:

Why is the EU listed as one country and why are Spain and the UK listed separate from it (besides the obvious answer that this is a bullshit chart made by bullshit people)?

It's actually not uncommon for these lists to list numbers for the whole EU in addition to its members. It's just not usually given a "rank".

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Angry_Ed posted:

It'd make a lot more sense if the EU was listed as the average reduction/increase rate across all members, and the individual members were listed as well. Aside from that, maybe they just liked Spain and the UK more than those other countries? I mean, who even remembers Estonia?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I admit, I had a fascination with watchimg candles and fireplaces burn as a child. But I also quickly realized how dangerous that was and learned how to break myself of those mental patterns. What's your excuse?

That's...literally the least dangerous manifestation possible, your entire fascination was wrapped in the context of secure and controlled settings.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Is there any recent shootings that would be stopped by gun stuff just being marginally more expensive? It really literally seems like not a solution, all the big shooters already were spending huge amounts of money and had far more than needed.

Old post but Dylan Roof only got his gun because he would have failed the background check, but they took too long processing it so he was allowed to buy it anyway.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Grapplejack posted:

It's more that video games in general tend to attract the type of lonely, aimless people who are prime recruiting targets. I've posted this a bazillion times. You're stopping a few levels before the actual cause.

Your Tom Clancy murder fantasies still make the conversion even easier. And then, of course, there are literal games made by gun manufactures and mercenary corporations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

theblackw0lf posted:

This is a really good thread

https://twitter.com/yousefmunayyer/status/1106976902194040832?s=21

My own take is I think both Chelsea and the young woman who accused her are both being attacked unfairly, but I agree with the criticism of Chelsea that’s in the thread I posted (and it sounds like she may too)

What else do you think Chelsea Clinton may think?

Also that thread is idiotic and I'm ashamed I read the entire thing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RandomBlue posted:

Is there a button to report every post on the entire page?

I wish there was a button to probate every one on a single page. I suppose I’ll have to do it manually.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

theblackw0lf posted:

I think you’re misunderstanding the thread. He does criticize Chelsea

https://twitter.com/yousefmunayyer/status/1106978777039556608?s=21

He's criticizing her in the same way Lindsey Graham criticizing Trump. Like, we're all on the same page, but you're too dumb to do it correctly.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lightning Knight posted:

I wish there was a button to probate every one on a single page. I suppose I’ll have to do it manually.

I thought you were cool, man!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Jfc. This is the kind of poo poo that ought to spark a revolution. This isn't just wrong, it's not just a falsehood, it is like the literal opposite of truth.

Donald Trump has done more than damage our credibility abroad. He has fought a war against the very concept of facts. We live in a post-truth world and I don't know how you fix that. Chuds have been mainlining what they want to hear for years now. Truth is irrelevant to them.

How do you fight that?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Mendrian posted:

Jfc. This is the kind of poo poo that ought to spark a revolution. This isn't just wrong, it's not just a falsehood, it is like the literal opposite of truth.

Donald Trump has done more than damage our credibility abroad. He has fought a war against the very concept of facts. We live in a post-truth world and I don't know how you fix that. Chuds have been mainlining what they want to hear for years now. Truth is irrelevant to them.

How do you fight that?

Being Best.

Serious answer: we must write new stories of hope.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mendrian posted:

How do you fight that?

Reeducation facilities?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Lightning Knight posted:

My body rap sheet is ready

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Lightning Knight posted:

Repeal the '84 NFA and bring back fully-automatic banhammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Besesoth posted:

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, since you're doubling down on being ignorant, but here goes:

First off, Chelsea Clinton does want attention. When she does something in public, she intends to be seen doing it. She considers herself an influencer and enjoys that she is one.

This ties into the second point: when you reach a certain level of fame or notoriety, you will draw attention simply by showing up somewhere. The story will start tilting from "event happened" to "person was at event", and anyone who's at that level of fame or notoriety knows that and accounts for it.

So no, Chelsea Clinton does not just go to a vigil because she cares. She is not just another person at the vigil. She doesn't want to be and to an extent she can't be. And her presence at the vigil is especially notable because it comes on the heels of some Islamophobic behavior that she hasn't addressed and that showing up at a vigil for the Christchurch victims doesn't absolve.

Pretending that she can be or wants to be "just another person" who just shows up at a vigil because she cares is, like I said, aggressively ignorant of the context surrounding Clinton and the event.

I'm still surprised by how naive people are. People like Chelsea Clinton don't just show up at a thing like this vigil. It's like if Kayne suddenly showed up at an anti-Trump rally. He would know what he's doing. Chelsea knows what she's doing. She clearly wants to be a thing in politics or the media and her people told her she hosed up with the Omar debacle and apparently she has the same dumb advisers her mother had so she decided bursting in on this vigil was a way to make it even. That's what it is. She's oblivious and stupid and entitled.