Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In non-surprising news, MRA idiots on social media apparently have been trying to stir up a shitstorm because you can't play Satisfactory as a male character :lol:

Like they couldn’t play any of the other 99% of games where a male character is and option and probably the only option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ZombieApostate posted:

Tencent is a minority investor, they don't own Epic. Sweeny is apparently the majority owner and has denied that any investor, including Tencent, gets access to any user data.

I trust billionaires as far as the guillotine will propel their heads.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I watched this cartoon Princess Mononoke last night, had only seen it once before maybe 10 or so years ago. The whole time I was noticing places where Breath of the Wild was alluding to it. I had no idea it was such an inspiration for the game.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

I watched this cartoon Princess Mononoke last night, had only seen it once before maybe 10 or so years ago. The whole time I was noticing places where Breath of the Wild was alluding to it. I had no idea it was such an inspiration for the game.

Miyazaki is great. If you get a chance watch his other stuff.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Loky11 posted:

Miyazaki is great. If you get a chance watch his other stuff.

Yep. He makes good anime that even appeals to people who don't much like anime. Ironically, this leads to anime nerds occasionally getting mad about him.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
yeah, I thought it was a pretty drat good movie

ridin around hyrule on a stag shooting arrows into monster eyes

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Diablo 3 on switch is so good y’all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This new Path of Exile league is a complete misfire, GGG hasn't hosed up like this in literally four years or so.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did they ever do that stash tab sale you mentioned

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
No, they even hosed up their launch week. It's coming next week, it's on a 3-week rotation. For the past like, three years or so they've always had a stash tab sale on either the launch weekend or the second weekend, to capitalize on the maximum number of new players. But they launched it a week later and now it's not coming until weekend 3.

They designed, developed, and implemented the entire league in 6 weeks and uh, it really shows. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Diablo 3 on switch is so good y’all.

right??

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

No, they even hosed up their launch week. It's coming next week, it's on a 3-week rotation. For the past like, three years or so they've always had a stash tab sale on either the launch weekend or the second weekend, to capitalize on the maximum number of new players. But they launched it a week later and now it's not coming until weekend 3.

They designed, developed, and implemented the entire league in 6 weeks and uh, it really shows. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

I guess good on me for skipping this particular league after reading people talking about it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Like I know that GGG is going to release a "hey we hosed up and we know it, here's what we're going to do about it" note because they've done it in the past and they have a very, very direct need for the playerbase to remain high. So they're not going to stick their heads in the sand and say 'na na na league is fine' like many other companies will. I just wonder what they're going to do to try and salvage it, since there's still <checks notes> 10 weeks left in the league.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My base is a mess

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Baba Is You is seriously the best puzzle game.

You are (usually) Baba, a cute small white animal. You push around the simple rule blocks that make the puzzle to rewrite the solution as you go. It becomes like a small child's philosophy questions and scrambles your mind into word salad. This game will also make your brains goddamn transcend to new levels in the later puzzles (there are 200 of them). You owe it to yourself to check it out. The indie developer, Hempuli, is also a goon and has posted in the stickied thread in Games. He deserves all the money. All of it. :3: The dude has really hit it out of the park with this one.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/736260/Baba_Is_You/

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

SlightlyMad posted:

Baba Is You is seriously the best puzzle game.

You are (usually) Baba, a cute small white animal. You push around the simple rule blocks that make the puzzle to rewrite the solution as you go. It becomes like a small child's philosophy questions and scrambles your mind into word salad. This game will also make your brains goddamn transcend to new levels in the later puzzles (there are 200 of them). You owe it to yourself to check it out. The indie developer, Hempuli, is also a goon and has posted in the stickied thread in Games. He deserves all the money. All of it. :3: The dude has really hit it out of the park with this one.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/736260/Baba_Is_You/

I saw that on switch and it looked pretty cool. Does the gimmick get old after a while or is it engaging for a long time?

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Dude McAwesome posted:

I saw that on switch and it looked pretty cool. Does the gimmick get old after a while or is it engaging for a long time?

The puzzles keep adding new things to discover. There are dozens of hours of content, some early puzzles are easy and you can progress even if some problem has you confused for a long time. Definitely get the game, it's a little over 12€ only.

And yeah, it's out on Switch as well as PC. Seems there is also a macOS and Linux version.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

SlightlyMad posted:

The puzzles keep adding new things to discover. There are dozens of hours of content, some early puzzles are easy and you can progress even if some problem has you confused for a long time. Definitely get the game, it's a little over 12€ only.

And yeah, it's out on Switch as well as PC. Seems there is also a macOS and Linux version.

I’ll grab it next time I’m on the Switch.

Thanks for the info on it. :)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Best part of Apex Legends is what it's doing for the Titanfall2 player numbers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Play The Division 2

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Play The Division 2

Is it still the bullet sponge is was in the alpha?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

At times. Especially during story and side missions.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I tried Apex for a minute, didn’t seem half bad. Probably give it another go, but definitely just makes me want to run on walls and play Titanfall

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

EBB posted:

It's always going to be a bullet sponge until you each endgame and can really spec out otherwise you'd simple waltz through it in a few hours

It is definitely a mobile game though. The AI is constantly trying you flush you so no more sitting back with a sniper and playing peek-a-boo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Play The Division 2

I was gonna buy a $30 code but lol AMD started hardware locking them

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

I was gonna buy a $30 code but lol AMD started hardware locking them

You can cheeze that by putting an interrupt in the website scripting and replacing the reported GPU/CPU whatever with an acceptable one. There's extensive guides on Reddit of how to do this, as it's how I redeemed a couple games via AMD's rewards site.

It does take a fair amount of patience and a bit of web page fuckery though, because it checks like 6 times for the appropriate hardware and you have to interrupt each check and replace it with the correct hardware ID.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 19, 2019

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
System Shock 3 teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aioSgRWipKM

Doom Eternal shaky cam gameplay footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRJMYZUzjA

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I tried Apex for a minute, didn’t seem half bad. Probably give it another go, but definitely just makes me want to run on walls and play Titanfall

Apex is fun. I went back and played TF|2 story mode because I wanted to have more wall run and shooty dudes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think I'm gonna try a new build in PoE. This EleBuzzsaw one (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087) hasn't really been fun to play just starting out, despite what was promised. Maybe I'll go for a mage.

This one seems pretty friendly: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 20, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Apex is fun as hell, it's been the only game I've played since it came out pretty much.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty bold with the random unceremonious release. I’m surprised how polished it is. Going through most the games I play in the evening maybe 2-4 friends are online each and Apex always has 15+

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy did you pick up Satisfactory?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Redbox’d DMC5 and they gave me a code for a free night via email for Division 2 🤷🏽‍♀️

How is it anyway? D2? The first one was fun to bust through the campaign with a friend using a mic but that’s all I did. Is there some sort of matchmaking for missions and such? Just not a game I’d wanna play alone

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Dark Zones are supposed to have matchmaking, and I think there is for general PvE missions after a certain level.

I want to say its unlocked in the safe houses

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Redbox’d DMC5 and they gave me a code for a free night via email for Division 2 🤷🏽‍♀️

How is it anyway? D2? The first one was fun to bust through the campaign with a friend using a mic but that’s all I did. Is there some sort of matchmaking for missions and such? Just not a game I’d wanna play alone

It's pretty challenging levelling, I've gotten smoked by NPC patrols several times, unlike in D1 where the AI will charge into your bullets, the AI in Division 2 is much better at flanking you and loving you up. For example I engaged a patrol and then ran into a tunnel complex to try to lure them to come to me one at a time, and a couple dudes followed me into the tunnel and while I was fighting them from behind cover, another roving patrol was alerted by the firefight noise and ran to the other exit of the tunnel and came in behind me and overran my position, killing me in about 15-20 seconds.

Having a second person to cover your back makes things a lot easier, rolling solo is really quite hard until you get to level 30 and geared out.

There's matchmaking for all events but at least in story mode I've not gotten any groups because a lot of people have already poopsocked to max level and are in the endgame.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
D1 you could easily sit back with a sniper but and mow the mooks down but this time the AI will actively attempt to flush you out with rushing NPCs and grenades.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I’ve found two PvE enemies I want to share but don’t want to spoil....

And both are friggin amazing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I know some people love it but cannot imagine playing a game like this solo. Might redbox it now and get a used copy later once it's patched a bunch.

50gb day one patch though? Is that true? :sigh:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Wasn't that bad tbh, not like FO:76 or Anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
oh man i wanted so hard to like anthem. it has its good bits but the bad bits?

oh lordy.