Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Woof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Planet Fitness is good and all, but the lunk alarm at my local one is really biased. I've seen it go off a handful of times for too much duck tape, yet it never goes off for spending more on supplies than it would cost to buy a cheap trinket. My main question is, how can I integrate more hot glue into my gym routine?

Also, pro-tip: the rules say nothing about gallon water bottles full of bees.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Zipperelli. posted:

What???

No, seriously. Are you lying, or talking out of your rear end?

They don't have any really heavy weights, you know, for true Scotsmen.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've been working out!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
We can tell and are proud of you! Please stop the loud grunting though!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can't! They're too strong and too many! Too buff and too gorgeous!

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

insta posted:

Planet Fitness doesn't have heavy weights. They have machines and treadmills with the "calories-per-mile" counter cranked way up.

this extremely reminds me of a woman's profile I saw on a dating site a while back that was like "yeah i'm into SERIOUS gyms, don't even message me if you go to planet fitness"

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i hope everyone liked my story

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

AlbieQuirky posted:

How did Planet Fitness talk come back? :smithicide:

As usual, from somebody saying "not to continue the derail, but"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sir Lemming posted:

As usual, from somebody saying "not to continue the derail, but"

I wonder if “ntctd” should be probation bait.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

pseudorandom posted:

Planet Fitness is good and all, but the lunk alarm at my local one is really biased. I've seen it go off a handful of times for too much duck tape, yet it never goes off for spending more on supplies than it would cost to buy a cheap trinket. My main question is, how can I integrate more hot glue into my gym routine?

Also, pro-tip: the rules say nothing about gallon water bottles full of bees.

Hot glue your ankle and wrist weights to yourself so they're on 24/5 (6-9 sat & sun) to get the most out of your purchase.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

its all nice on rice posted:

Hot glue your ankle and wrist weights to yourself so they're on 24/5 (6-9 sat & sun) to get the most out of your purchase.

Apply 30 pounds of hot glue to each fist. When you need more weight, add more glue.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I appreciated this innovative way to lace your shoes in a goatse pattern in a random clickbait vid

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

So, story time.

I decided to make my lady friend and I some breakfast one morning. We recently rediscovered the pleasant simplicity of soft boiled eggs, so I went and made a few for both of us. However, we didn't have any of those little egg holder things, so I improvised. I served the eggs using a combination of a shot glass, a jigger, and a few beer bottle caps. Worked out surprisingly okay.

lovely lifehacks save the day, thanks for listening to my TED talk. :pseudo:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Is this the shocking story of the sudden descent into dementia that means someone can completely forget the phrase “egg cup”?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yo Len what's new in 5-minute self flagellation? I haven't been keeping up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Karate Bastard posted:

Yo Len what's new in 5-minute self flagellation? I haven't been keeping up.

I haven't watched any recently because I went down a different rabbit hole of watching obnoxious YouTube personalities test them.

Most don't work surprising nobody.

Although if your mouth is wet enough hot glue on your tongue apparently doesn't hurt

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

pseudorandom posted:

So, story time.

I decided to make my lady friend and I some breakfast one morning. We recently rediscovered the pleasant simplicity of soft boiled eggs, so I went and made a few for both of us. However, we didn't have any of those little egg holder things, so I improvised. I served the eggs using a combination of a shot glass, a jigger, and a few beer bottle caps. Worked out surprisingly okay.

lovely lifehacks save the day, thanks for listening to my TED talk. :pseudo:
That's not a lifehack. A lifehack would be deliberately planning to use your improvised contraption instead of purchasing egg cups.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

Although if your mouth is wet enough hot glue on your tongue apparently doesn't hurt

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you again. Fool me five times, shame on me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

St Patty's day hacks

https://youtu.be/tz2GGxxyV7s

Edit: not sure why there's a lot of pasta and Halloween costumes

Len has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Mar 16, 2019

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I ain't got no Bob Ross for ya but here's a man lifehacking lobster out of cod bless his heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvu-WlIE5C8

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Is this the shocking story of the sudden descent into dementia that means someone can completely forget the phrase “egg cup”?

They were describing the object from the perspective of someone who "recently rediscovered the pleasant simplicity of soft boiled eggs" and might not know what they are called. For the benefit of the reader.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I put my eggs onto a plate like a animal. Never heard of those cups.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Karate Bastard posted:

I ain't got no Bob Ross for ya but here's a man lifehacking lobster out of cod bless his heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvu-WlIE5C8

Oh poo poo impobster rolls!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
xpost

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

That's just a prison burrito. Best way to make it is with a mixture of crushed Doritos and instant ramen. You can "cook" it by leaving the bag under running hot water in a sink.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

That's just a prison burrito. Best way to make it is with a mixture of crushed Doritos and instant ramen. You can "cook" it by leaving the bag under running hot water in a sink.

Lol, no.

There are no eggs in prison burritos. This is a prison quiche.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Looks like a misguided attempt at prison wine to me

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Jesus Christ, cooking rice in a plastic bottle seems to be a thing. There are a bunch of videos about it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

You mean prison saki?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

No matter how loving vile something is, there’s always someone who’ll say “that’s just a...”

The fact that people might make something resembling that in prison doesn’t make any more acceptable as a thing a free person should eat, let alone present to friends at a party

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Scientastic posted:

No matter how loving vile something is, there’s always someone who’ll say “that’s just a...”

The fact that people might make something resembling that in prison doesn’t make any more acceptable as a thing a free person should eat, let alone present to friends at a party

Okay it's a frito pie, served at high school cafeterias across the US (though don't let them know they could just use eggs instead beef)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Grassy Knowles posted:

Okay it's a frito pie, served at high school cafeterias across the US

I’ve heard of Frito pie: I had always assumed it was drunk food, not something inflicted on innocent children

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Scientastic posted:

I’ve heard of Frito pie: I had always assumed it was drunk food, not something inflicted on innocent children

Welcome to the American public school food system.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Scientastic posted:

Children, especially those from the south, eat like goddamn maniacs.

I would bet we invented Frito pie.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
Frito Pie is one of Texas’s only good contributions to the world. It is delicious.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My middle School was in Austin's South Congress neighborhood; in fact just off Congress road.

Across the street was a 7-11 that would nearly daily have their chips shelves cleared.

We would buy Fritos and Doritos, and make Dorilocos and Frito pies with the chili and cheese sauce for the hotdogs there.

I miss those days.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Bunch of proods (food prudes) raggin on frito pie itt

Wish we had some kind of alarm we could set off for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Not going to lie, that looks kind of good. Maybe that's because I'm a gross goon with a weakness for eggs and carbs.