Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

snoo posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No no, what if he has a perfectly valid reason for this like he, uh. Well if maybe he was, uh.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Lemme buy a floor safe for these gummy bears

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

areyoucontagious posted:

Nah, hang them from the ceiling on string like a gummy wind chime.

Amnizu
Nov 3, 2003

TELL ME WHY HILLARY INJECTED A MARIJUANA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

stephen tyler adopted a 16 year old he was loving so she could tour with him.

Are you thinking of Ted Nugent?

Also, lol at the guy who didn't break up with his gf immediately when she tried to lay down the law over which loving concert he can go to. A rock band with misogynistic lyrics?! Why, I never!

In regards to the lady leaving out the gummies, I can see it both ways. She did gently caress up... mostly by being stupid enough to leave a nine-year-old she apparently doesn't know all that well alone in her place while she took a shower.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Stupid idiot didn’t bring her niece into the shower with her. Deserves to be no contacted by her family

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
If you get your niece high as gently caress, you're going to receive some blowback. No matter how much explaining you do, people are not going to cool with it immediately. Maybe this lady was already perceived as a bit of an idiot within the family. Who knows?

So, even if it wasn't her fault, you're going to catch a lot of poo poo in this situation.

Also, consider for a moment the following:

Auntie: Sit here and watch Beauty & the Beast for a second. I'm going to take a shower. I'll be right back.

Niece:: Okay!

*2 min goes by*

Niece: Auntie, I can't hear the movie! Can you turn up the volume?! Auntie?!

*goes and looks for her aunt in the bedroom* (which is very likely adjacent to her bathroom, where her shower might be)

*notices open bag of gummy bears sitting on dresser and eats a few*

whoops.

Anyway, they'll all be laughing about it soon enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

At 9 years old I was aready taught dont speak to the police without a lawyer and expected to uphold that and this little kid is snitchin. What loving garbage parents.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

areyoucontagious posted:

(while heaping their plate with brandy-soaked trifle) candy? like, for children? perish the thought.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

jobson groeth posted:

A delicious infused wind chime- plus too high for kids to get! Win-win!

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

jobson groeth posted:

Hope you have high ceilings. Everyone knows you're supposed to hang candy at least 12 feet off the ground and 6 feet out on a branch to keep it away from children.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

have they discovered the holy grail of edibles that somehow don't taste and smell very obviously of weed?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Fatkraken posted:

y'all have decided unanimously that the edibles were in Aunties room even though she just says "on the dresser" and never once mentions the room they were in.

Dunno about your countries but where I'm from "dresser" is not an exclusive term for bedroom furniture, it can mean a kitchen/dining room cabinet with drawers, a flat table like top and a narrower glass-fronted set of shelves as the top half. It's not like people who have a glass or two of wine of an evening to relax keep it in their bedrooms, unless she was eating gummies just before going to sleep (which seems pointless) it would make more sense to just keep them in a living/dining room or near the couch like you would with booze.

The aunt was high but not high enough to call any piece of living room furniture a “dresser”

Though since she’s a carefree single adult I suppose it’s possible she has a dresser in the living room, which one would usually take as a sign that you shouldn’t leave your 9-year-old with her

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

have they discovered the holy grail of edibles that somehow don't taste and smell very obviously of weed?

Yes, but it involves being a 9 year old who wants to face no consequences

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Fatkraken posted:

y'all have decided unanimously that the edibles were in Aunties room even though she just says "on the dresser" and never once mentions the room they were in.

Dunno about your countries but where I'm from "dresser" is not an exclusive term for bedroom furniture, it can mean a kitchen/dining room cabinet with drawers, a flat table like top and a narrower glass-fronted set of shelves as the top half. It's not like people who have a glass or two of wine of an evening to relax keep it in their bedrooms, unless she was eating gummies just before going to sleep (which seems pointless) it would make more sense to just keep them in a living/dining room or near the couch like you would with booze.

And gently caress, if you leave a kid alone and gently caress off to take a shower (who does this? wait until morning drat) without even putting a drat DVD on you can hardly be surprised if they act out a bit and steal a piece of candy, even a well brought up kid might chance their luck and be a little bit naughty when bored, annoyed and with sweets *right there*. Even snooping in the bedroom, IF that is what happened, is hardly an unforeseeable sequence of events when you leave a kid unsupervised.

She's in Colorado, the dresser is in her room. She also says where it is in comments in the reddit thread.

quote:

[–]monicagellers

[S] 224 points 9 hours ago
I went to the restroom and she went into the bedroom and found them there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you think clothing terms between British and American English are confusing, you ain't seen nothing yet with furniture.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you think clothing terms between British and American English are confusing, you ain't seen nothing yet with furniture.

American English really busts my chiffarobe

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Was the other poster talking about a shrunk?

E: no can’t be because then putting them on top would be a totally viable hiding spot from a 9yo

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If she's british then that's a different story, kids over there jump in chocolate rivers, eat experimental gum, all sorts of hosed up poo poo, can't leave anything visible or they'll start licking your walls and poo poo.

e: I know she's in colorado but someone mentioned britain and I'm opportunistic.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A credenza? Do you mean a credenza, motherfucker???

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

xtal posted:

American English really busts my chiffarobe

Now that is a dangerous game!

Anyway the alcohol equivalent to gummies would be jello shots, if anyone wants to carry on this dumb loving argument further.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There was a girl at my high school who got caught with a wine cooler and claimed she didn’t know it was alcoholic, and apparently her parents backed her up and claimed they didn’t know either, but it’s impossible for me to know if they were really that dumb or just lying

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Whorelord posted:

AITA for going to see a concert with sexist lyrics against GF's wishes?

I wish he told us the ages, I want to know this woman's entire thought process. How much did she know about the Stones before she heard he was going, how did she reach her conclusion that they are misogynist content, what media does she consume, how does she navigate everyday American life?

I say this as a lot of popular phenomena are politically/culturally conservative to me... I just write off a lot of people who like them as simps, I wouldn't briefly date and then forbid someone from their interest in it.
Also, my parents took me to see the Stones when I was a teenager and I was about the youngest person there.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my wife WE are making our daughter, not her?

Okay, so my wife and I are expecting our first child. She is 7 months along and we got an ultrasound yesterday to check on the progress (my wife’s medical issues caused the OBGYN to be extra cautious).

During the appointment, the tech was pointing out our daughter’s different body parts, telling us where the legs and feet are. It was the first time we didn’t really need the help, because we could see our baby looking like a real baby. My wife started crying, and I was comforting her, when she said the words. “I can’t believe I’m making a human being.”

I kept comforting her, but I waited a few minutes and, once the tech was gone, gently reminded her that we are both the parents, not just her. I also told her that saying she’s “making” the baby on her own is not accurate, since I provided half the genetic material.

My wife was still emotional at this point, and she started crying again thinking I don’t appreciate what she’s putting her body through to be pregnant. Obviously this is false, especially since her pregnancy has been so tough that I’ve attended at least two doctors appointments every month. I show her with actions, not words, that I appreciate her.

I just don’t think it’s fair to claim I haven’t contributed something to making our daughter. She is still upset the next day. So, AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for embarrassing a friend on his date because he didn’t pay back the money he owed me?

So I lent a friend of mine £500. He needed it to see him through til the end of the month and promised to repay me on payday. Not a problem, I trusted the guy and knew he was good for it.

Payday comes and goes, no sign of the money. I sent him a message about it. He said “oh yeah, sorry I forgot, I’ll do that now”

Two weeks pass and still nothing. I message him again. He said he’d send me the money. Still nothing. He was then avoiding me so I wasn’t able to see him face to face.

I messaged him again and he didn’t reply.

7 months have passed since the day he promised to have the money back to me by. I’ve not been able to get hold of him, nor have I seen him.

This weekend just gone, I was out at a restaurant and I happened to see him as I was being seated at my table. He was on what looked like a date.

Now at this point I could see he was acting kinda boasy because he had ordered about 5 starters. It’s worth noting that this is a pretty pricey restaurant. So I decided I’d go and say hello.

I pulled up a chair at his table and started chatting to him about how he is and how I am etc.

I then proceeded to pick up a fork and try a bit of the food. He looked a bit shocked, but it was good food so I tried something from one of the other plates. At this point his date (I’d learnt that this was their second date) said to me, “excuse me, but this is our food. What do you think you’re doing?”

I looked at her and said “Well since I’m pretty much funding this meal, I figured I may as well sample what my money is getting.”

I then said to my friend, “it was nice to see you, I’ll leave you to it. We can catch up another day.”

I then left to go back to my table. The people I were with, a party of 10, had very mixed reactions to my behaviour. Some were in favour of what I’d done, others not so much.

So I’m asking you lot, AITA?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FAUXTON posted:

The gummies don't really. They taste just slightly different than normal candy.

I just think you shouldn't leave something like that out if there are kids around because there is no upside to leaving drug-laced candy in full view when kids are present and a lot of potential downside. I also don't use those tide pods or dishwasher pods for the same reason. And it's the same reason that even though I own guns, I don't keep them in the same house as my toddler.

Now for someone that doesn't live with kids, I don't expect them to abstain from anything, but it is reasonable to expect they hide their drugs that look just like candy before a kid comes over. It takes 10 seconds to stash it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Okay, so my wife and I are expecting our first child. She is 7 months along and we got an ultrasound yesterday to check on the progress (my wife’s medical issues caused the OBGYN to be extra cautious).

During the appointment, the tech was pointing out our daughter’s different body parts, telling us where the legs and feet are. It was the first time we didn’t really need the help, because we could see our baby looking like a real baby. My wife started crying, and I was comforting her, when she said the words. “I can’t believe I’m making a human being.”

I kept comforting her, but I waited a few minutes and, once the tech was gone, gently reminded her that we are both the parents, not just her. I also told her that saying she’s “making” the baby on her own is not accurate, since I provided half the genetic material.

My wife was still emotional at this point, and she started crying again thinking I don’t appreciate what she’s putting her body through to be pregnant. Obviously this is false, especially since her pregnancy has been so tough that I’ve attended at least two doctors appointments every month. I show her with actions, not words, that I appreciate her.

I just don’t think it’s fair to claim I haven’t contributed something to making our daughter. She is still upset the next day. So, AITA?

imagine being such an rear end in a top hat that you WELL ACKSHUALLY your wife at the dang obgyn

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

YATA

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for embarrassing a friend on his date because he didn’t pay back the money he owed me?

So I lent a friend of mine £500. He needed it to see him through til the end of the month and promised to repay me on payday. Not a problem, I trusted the guy and knew he was good for it.

Payday comes and goes, no sign of the money. I sent him a message about it. He said “oh yeah, sorry I forgot, I’ll do that now”

Two weeks pass and still nothing. I message him again. He said he’d send me the money. Still nothing. He was then avoiding me so I wasn’t able to see him face to face.

I messaged him again and he didn’t reply.

7 months have passed since the day he promised to have the money back to me by. I’ve not been able to get hold of him, nor have I seen him.

This weekend just gone, I was out at a restaurant and I happened to see him as I was being seated at my table. He was on what looked like a date.

Now at this point I could see he was acting kinda boasy because he had ordered about 5 starters. It’s worth noting that this is a pretty pricey restaurant. So I decided I’d go and say hello.

I pulled up a chair at his table and started chatting to him about how he is and how I am etc.

I then proceeded to pick up a fork and try a bit of the food. He looked a bit shocked, but it was good food so I tried something from one of the other plates. At this point his date (I’d learnt that this was their second date) said to me, “excuse me, but this is our food. What do you think you’re doing?”

I looked at her and said “Well since I’m pretty much funding this meal, I figured I may as well sample what my money is getting.”

I then said to my friend, “it was nice to see you, I’ll leave you to it. We can catch up another day.”

I then left to go back to my table. The people I were with, a party of 10, had very mixed reactions to my behaviour. Some were in favour of what I’d done, others not so much.

So I’m asking you lot, AITA?

You might be an rear end in a top hat, but you are justified in being one after 7 months.

Still, don't lend any amount of money to a friend unless you value the relationship enough that not getting the money back won't bother you. For some friends the threshold might be $5, and for others it might be $5000, but you can probably ascribe a number for any friend behind which you wouldn't want to be friends with them anymore if they couldn't pay you back. Best not to exceed that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only thing you did wrong was calling a guy you loaned 500 quid and stopped responding to your calls a friend

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hahaha oh no hahahaha oh buddy, you sad stupid man.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

*Maury Povich music* Mr. Reddit guy, you said you were not an rear end in a top hat, your wife said you were. The results of the test show... you ARE the rear end in a top hat.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA For breaking up with my girlfriend for a "prank"

quote:

Try to keep this as brief as possible. Girlfriend and I have been together 2 years, were recently looking to move in together. She was going to spend the rest of the month in her apartment then move into my place, and she's been spending most days over here anyway gradually moving some of her stuff in.

This is loving gross, so fair warning. For the three days straight she's been over I've noticed an odd smell when I picked up my toothbrush. I wasn't sure what it was so I rinsed it and kept using it as normal. One morning she asked me if I had noticed anything different, but refused to elaborate when I asked for an explanation so I was on high alert now. I left my phone running in the washroom peaking out of the towel cabinet that faces the sink, and I totally get how invasive that was and if it turned out I was wrong I was prepared to admit to it and accept the consequences for my assumptions as they came. I know I'm the rear end in a top hat for that, but that's not what I'm asking.

Turns out she had been rubbing my toothbrush inside her pants in the mornings as she wakes up before me and putting it back in the container. When I got my phone and seen the video I was livid, and confronted her immediately. She reacted like it was a gigantic joke, laughing, trying to hug me and saying she wanted to see how long it'd take for me to figure it out. Apparently she viewed it as a prank.

I felt incredibly disgusted and betrayed, I feel like it's disrespectful and not at all a prank and it's unhygienic. It's not even like she did it once, she had been doing it for days. I told her to get the stuff that she had brought over in the past few days and leave, that I didn't want to be with her anymore.

She's absolutely dumbfounded I could see this as anything other than a harmless prank. It's her opinion that it shouldn't matter because I washed it before use anyway. On one hand, she's been so inconsolable and has been begging me to reconsider so much that I'm second guessing my decision to end it and wondering whether I'm being too harsh. On the other hand, if this is her idea of a prank and the sort of thing she can do, not only do I not trust her in my house around my stuff, I don't trust her in general. Am I the rear end in a top hat if I want to end things?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Help, I've married an engineer!

Two entire appointments a month! My god, he certainly put the FEMALE in her place.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Help, I've married an engineer!

Two entire appointments a month! My god, he certainly put the FEMALE in her place.

That's worse than marrying an engineer, that's marrying Dilbert

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

HMS Beagle posted:

Oh man. I totally assumed based on the title this was about the guy breaking up with his girlfriend but, surprise, it was just a prank ha ha! Wait, why are you mad?

But this was better and grosser than I expected. "But honey, I was just shoving your toothbrush up my rear end and/or vagina as a joke!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

We need to bring back Scarlet Letters

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
But honey I thought you liked doing oral sex, are you saying my vagina is nasty?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

It's been a while since I've been able to catch up on the thread! Lots of good stuff and many unaware assholes. Here's some content.

I (23/f) caught my cousin (26/m) stealing my dad's Oxycontin not hours after my dad died. I'm so furious I banned him and his family from the funeral. My family is upset and trying to get me to change my mind.

quote:

I have no words to describe how furious I am right now.

My dad died from pancreatic cancer three days ago. He was diagnosed two weeks ago, spent all of the first week and a half in the hospital until the doctors told us to take him home. He spent the last part of his life in hospice care, unable to talk and in horrible pain. I was the only one with him when he passed and it wasn't easy. Having to hold his hand and soothe him in his final moments was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

We're a big hispanic family, so we had lots of family coming in and out for the last week. Several stopped by the day he died, one of which included my constantly in trouble cousin. Long story short, I caught him looting and ransacking the bathroom and the room my father passed in looking for the oxycontin my dad was prescribed for his pallative care. Keep in mind he was prescribed a SUBSTANTIAL amount and now I can't loving find it. I lost my poo poo, hit and screamed at him, and all but chased him out of the house. I'm furious and since I'm the one planning the funeral, I've banned him and his enabling family from the funeral. I'm so angry and so upset that they'd let him not only disrespect my dad by RANSACKING his things, BUT DEFENDED HIM AFTER THE FACT. When I called my aunt to confront her about what her son did, SHE DEFENDED HIM and said he would never do such a thing and that I must have 'mis-seen' something.

Since I decided to ban them, I told my closest aunt and uncle to give them the news that we do NOT want them there and that if they are seen anywhere near the church or the funeral home, the police will be called. I'm now being bombarded from my family members telling me that it's not right for me to ban them from the viewing and funeral and that I'm being way too hard on them considering my dad "loved them". If my dad had caught them doing any of the things I caught their son doing, he would've thrown him out the door on his rear end, PERIOD. I'm refusing to budge on this...however, my mom, who's been kind of out of it since the death, is now sort of gently prodding that maybe we should relent and allow them in. My siblings and I are generally united except my sister things that maybe we should allow them to attend of my cousin agrees to turn over what he stole and apologizes to our family.

Am I being too hard on them? I'm just so angry. I don't think I can forgive it.

tl;dr: Caught cousin trying to steal (and he may have stolen) powerful prescription pain meds after my dad's death. I've banned him and his family from the funeral. Family is now coming down on me and telling me I'm being too hard on them.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Should I tell his girlfriend the truth of what happened between us?

quote:

I had this close friend of seven years, he has this girlfriend. We're all 20, they've been dating since high school.

Over the last two years things have been like a soap opera. I liked and told him, his girlfriend became a creepy jealous bitch to me, I told him I stopped liking him, a year passed and he told me he secretly somewhat liked me the previous year but he didn't now, we got really close and touchy the next couple months and he implied that he liked me again, I told him I liked him, he told me he had just been confused and definitely didn't like me and apologized for leading me on, his girlfriend was still a creepy bitch to me, I stopped liking him, but now he doesn't feel comfortable spending time with me and we've stopped talking. Get all that?

So now I'm feeling bitter and immature. I hate the fact that the bitch got everything she wanted. Do I tell her what went on between us? My friend even called it an emotional affair. He hasn't told her anything and has lied to her because he's "protecting" her feelings and he doesn't think any of it matters because it's in the past and didn't really mean anything.

Writing this has made me realize there's a "if I can't have you no one can" vibe to this. Mostly I just want his girlfriend to realize her perfect relationship isn't so perfect, and I'm trying to justify it with the fact that if my boyfriend was doing the things we did and then lied to me about it, then I would want to know the truth.

Thoughts? Advice? How crazy do I sound on a scale of 1-10?

Edited to say that she is crazy, she keyed my car and followed me home from school one day to make sure I wasn't going to his house. Then she logged into his Facebook and read all of our messages, then messaged me pretending to be him and told me that "he" was happy with "his" girlfriend and "he" didn't want anything to do with me. All because I just liked him, I didn't even do anything beyond telling him.

And I do sound crazy. But it pisses me off that someone I thought was my best friend for almost 8 years would constantly defend her actions and end up choosing her over me. And it hurt seeing photos of them all over Facebook and when he told me that he had lost his virginity to her.

I guess I'm just angry and upset. I still think she's a crazy bitch but I won't become one myself because then no one wins.

summarized top comment posted:

You sound 10/10 crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So if someone brings you, say, sugar, because you forgot that you were running low, does that mean they made the cake?

Edit: I should have used something more complicated than a cake. But pregnancy does awful things to the body and this rear end in a top hat is not physically suffering through it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 19, 2019