Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tony Fernandes was excellent in his cameo appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

track day bro! posted:

He can't use half of the characters apart from the Spurs lads because most of them have moved to different teams. the united gang had wade rooney and zlatan in it! I would like to see Vardy come back though

Who has moved from Spurs since last season?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Who has moved from Spurs since last season?

“Apart from the Spurs lads”

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

“Apart from the Spurs lads”

Ahh shite, my mistake.

Who has moved from the other gangs, though? Rooney, Ibrahimovic & Walcott are the only ones I can think of that aren't around any more.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mickolution posted:

Ahh shite, my mistake.

Who has moved from the other gangs, though? Rooney, Ibrahimovic & Walcott are the only ones I can think of that aren't around any more.

Wilshere, Cazorla.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m going to finally spring for a new username, courtesy of Bob.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

julian assflange posted:

How have Bob and Andy not dropped the loving Roy Hodgson segment it is so bad

this but the entirety of the podcast

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i only like the first bit of the podcast which is just chat and stupid quizzes. the skits are really grating and tedious. notable exception the meat fest and the first peter beardsley telling jokes.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I’m going to finally spring for a new username, courtesy of Bob.

What will it be op

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What will it be op

Harry Kane called someone a Sneaks McDevious in one episode and I quite liked it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RideTheSpiral posted:

i only like the first bit of the podcast which is just chat and stupid quizzes. the skits are really grating and tedious. notable exception the meat fest and the first peter beardsley telling jokes.

Meat fest has already outstayed its welcome, Peter Beardsley needs a break probably. Still, though, it has taken three years for it to get bad which is good going these days.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

julian assflange posted:

Meat fest has already outstayed its welcome, Peter Beardsley needs a break probably. Still, though, it has taken three years for it to get bad which is good going these days.

yeah i mean just the first time.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Agree on the Meat Feast stuff. Like the Hodgson sketch, it's just one joke over and over. I wouldn't go as far as saying the podcast is bad now, just a couple of segments that I'm not as bothered with.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of actual football podcasts, is it me or does football weekly just seem to go on for far too long compared to most of the others.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Speaking of actual football podcasts, is it me or does football weekly just seem to go on for far too long compared to most of the others.

Yeah, it tends to be an hour plus these days, sometimes an 1:20 ish. Depends on the guests as to how good it is. Also, they've been doing interviews with people sometimes, which tend to drag on a bit.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

track day bro! posted:

TFS still drags on the longest for me, even when it's not the actual longest one in the week. I think I'm dropping it from my rotation.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I mean I only listen to the Ramble and the Game but both of those seem to cover mostly similar content in under an hour compared to FW. So quite a few times as of late I've stopped listening around the hour mark.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

I mean I only listen to the Ramble and the Game but both of those seem to cover mostly similar content in under an hour compared to FW. So quite a few times as of late I've stopped listening around the hour mark.

Why don’t you do your own podcast

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I listen to the Ramble and FW, mainly the Ramble only covers about half the games. I usually start skimming the latter parts of FW because I don’t especially care about the Bundesliga or Serie A

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Football Writers podcast can be interesting, they'll often do a pod on a particular subject rather than your typical comment and nod round up of the week's games.

On The Continent is alright as well if you like European foot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1106713897069891584

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

TFS still drags on the longest for me, even when it's not the actual longest one in the week. I think I'm dropping it from my rotation.

the Spanish guy on the TFS has the most annoying voice I have ever heard in my life.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Sent us all a photo of a Dog in a a hat with the line 'I put a hat on a dog'"

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I enjoyed the witches curse banter resurgence.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

"Sent us all a photo of a Dog in a a hat with the line 'I put a hat on a dog'"

"Taking the 'yogurt pots for hats' role seriously I see"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Today's football weekly line up was the best I reckon. Barney is very good when he is on form.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Barney is real garbage op

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

Today's football weekly line up was the best I reckon. Barney is very good when he is on form.

I enjoyed FW very much this week.

The "YOU HAVE??!?!?!?!?" when Barry said he'd had a good idea for a book :xd:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

oliwan posted:

I think Barney is real garbage op

I used to be annoyed by him as well but I reckon he has been good since he got that slating from every one.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Yeah he seems good on the pod now. His writing is still pure masturbatory nonsense though.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never experienced such a disconnect between reading someone's writing and hearing their voice either

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Peter Crouch podcast series two starts tomorrow ftw

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

I enjoyed FW very much this week.

The "YOU HAVE??!?!?!?!?" when Barry said he'd had a good idea for a book :xd:

pretty sure that was when he said there had been interest in him writing a book

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The whole “missed life opportunity” bit was great too. I wonder what happened to Barney to make him lose the stick from his arse

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

webmeister posted:

The whole “missed life opportunity” bit was great too. I wonder what happened to Barney to make him lose the stick from his arse

A witch's curse wore off him.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Does anyone else find international break Rambles really insufferable?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
No, on international breaks I make sure to listen to the Ramble and don't bother with any of the other podcasts.

I like that they've always taken international football seriously and they're capable of talking about England without all the weird snarky hang-ups that the other podcasts have.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

peanut- posted:

No, on international breaks I make sure to listen to the Ramble and don't bother with any of the other podcasts.

I like that they've always taken international football seriously and they're capable of talking about England without all the weird snarky hang-ups that the other podcasts have.

I agree.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nearly died laughing at the Peter Beardsley segment on the last Athletico Mince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

peanut- posted:

Agree. Marcus’ infectious joy for the England team will always make me happy.