Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Haven't gotten the chance to read yet, are you shipping or did North finally pull the trigger and make it explicitly stated?

haven't seen today's, but when they were trapped in time they ended up in a relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I'm rather optimistic. Hickman on an Eternals project sounds good.

I do think they'll end up mixing in some of the X-men at some point or another.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Eternals vs X-Men vs inhumans

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

TwoPair posted:

Haven't gotten the chance to read yet, are you shipping or did North finally pull the trigger and make it explicitly stated?

It's upfront enough to be really sweet and cathartic. It's a really strong issue, definitely worth picking up. I dropped off of USG a bit after Erica Henderson left but this was a really satisfying milestone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1106377103497256960?s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've caught up on X-23 and it's really cool and good. I do kinda wish Laura'd keep collecting weird clone variations of herself.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Needs to be a All New Wolverine omnibus in near future, imo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1106579311593582593?s=19

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

it's not explicit explicit but this is the second or third time theyve held hands walking into the future together lately and shown that they're living together well into old age so like it's pretty queer coded

Yea, I saw that and I was "wait are they just straight up saying that now? Cool".

Also Tippy sleeping with a itty bitty sleep mask was adorable.

Is the McElroy's Journey Into Mystery just a mini for War of the Realms?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Whooooaaaa

Tradd Moore doing mind-bending cosmic Surfer? I'm so down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, Tradd Moore doing cosmic poo poo will be insane. I'm on board.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well Cates defending tieri threatening violence against critics has soured me on him a bit but I can't deny his alt u stuff has been entertaining so far, so more expansion of that will probably be good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey, how often has Carol Danvers been the leader of the Avengers in the comics?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Hey, how often has Carol Danvers been the leader of the Avengers in the comics?

The only time I know of her being the leader was in Mighty Avengers when it split from New Avengers post Civil War 1. But my pre Bendis Avengers knowledge isn't good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The last newspaper Amazing Spider-Man Sunday strip. Excelsior! :(

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I thought she might have been made chairperson as Warbird during the Busiek/Perez/Davis/et al. run, but it doesn't look like it. So yeah, the first time Carol Danvers was the chairperson/leader of an Avengers team was after Civil War in the Mighty Avengers series.

Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) was chairperson of the Avengers for the last year or so of Roger Stern's run in the late 1980s, though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

There's no brick that hits Peter on the head giving him, "CLIFFHANGER AMNESIA" ,the worst kind I've heard. This issue was a fail.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Heading off to Australia with MJ is the ending Peter Parker deserves.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rick posted:

Heading off to Australia with MJ is the ending Peter Parker deserves.

Parker luck would have him poisoned by something horrible as soon as he landed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Surprised they didn't work a Stan cameo in...

Good night, stupid prince...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Jiro posted:

Koala-man, Koala-man Does whatever a Koala can
Spends his time in the trees, where he chews eucalyptus leaves
Lookout! Here comes Koala-man!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Koala-man, Koala-man Does whatever a Koala can
Spends his time in the trees, where he chews eucalyptus leaves
Lookout! Here comes Koala-man!

I'm trying to think of a rhyme for "chlamydia"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Invidia, which I was hoping Matt Fraction had already gotten so I could just glibly post a Casanova cover, but alas.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad Newspaper Spider-Man is ending in his most iconic locale: Australia.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jiro posted:

Starting next week: Spider-Man attacked in his hotel Down Under by Australia's deadliest adversaries, the gruesome twosome of Flora & Fauna! They'll make sure Spidey checks out... Permanently! It's an all new storyline told in the Mighty Marvel Manner, "Continental Wreck-Fest!"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lobok posted:

Starting next week: Spider-Man attacked in his hotel Down Under by Australia's deadliest adversaries, the gruesome twosome of Flora & Fauna! They'll make sure Spidey checks out... Permanently! It's an all new storyline told in the Mighty Marvel Manner, "Continental Wreck-Fest!"

Think of all the different types of bricks that he can thump his head against down there! All new forms of concussions and amnesia! They're blowing a gold mine of ideas!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally read the Totally Awesome Hulk issues featuring The Asian Americans Who Happen To Be Superheroes. Really excited for War of the Realms: Agents of Atlas now and will probably wish it's an ongoing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Finally read the Totally Awesome Hulk issues featuring The Asian Americans Who Happen To Be Superheroes. Really excited for War of the Realms: Agents of Atlas now and will probably wish it's an ongoing.

The last time Agents of Atlas had an ongoing it was a spin-off from a mini during Dark Reign (I think?), it didn't last very long though.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

The last time Agents of Atlas had an ongoing it was a spin-off from a mini during Dark Reign (I think?), it didn't last very long though.

though that was, to be fair, almost an entirely separate team, with Jimmy Woo being the sole bridge between the two

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to think of a rhyme for "chlamydia"

Something about "kiddin' ya"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Is he sick?
Yeah, no duh
Dire case of Chlamydia
LOOK OUT

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno the source, but BC seems to be implying that this will be the follow-up to the "Two aggressive species" teaser:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/18/confirmed-jonathan-hickman-marvel-comic-july/
"Seems to" cause they don't actually give any context for this image, just that they can 'confirm' that there'll be a new Jonathan Hickman book. Could be a mock up.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 19, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's more man than hick now.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Part Hick.
Part Man.
All Writer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

Part Hick.
Part Man.
All Writer.

Finally a comic about Jason Aaron

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If Hickman is on X-Men, who would you guys like up see do art? Esad Ribic is an obvious choice but maybe overdone?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Eternals and Jerome Opena would be ideal for me.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So it seems that this was the last issue of Kelly Thomspon's Jessica Jones, which was a bummer since it's a really good book.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Little Mac posted:

If Hickman is on X-Men, who would you guys like up see do art? Esad Ribic is an obvious choice but maybe overdone?

I love Ribic and his van art, but I'd prefer an artist that wouldn't be delayed too much. Unless all we are doing is having Hickman pen swashbuckling adventures of Nightcrawler against some vampire pirates then sure by all means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it seems that this was the last issue of Kelly Thomspon's Jessica Jones, which was a bummer since it's a really good book.

I think it's a shame Thompson felt the need to go back to the Purple Man. It's well-trod ground at this point. Bendis threw that fucker into the sun, let him stay there.