Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Why hello Shorsey

gently caress you Riley!

But seriously I feel like that's an appropriate response to like half of these assholes.

I don't understand how people date these days. Are most people just terrible?

E okay the response below is pretty good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scathach posted:

The only response to this should be "Give you nuts a tug, titfucker!" and then break up.

This dude deserves exactly 0 respect.

She should sandbag his fortnite/apex/overwatch rank and delete as much poo poo from his destiny waifus as possible before bailing, then hook his XBLA/PSN Plus subscription to her card before leaving and file a dispute when it renews.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not punishing my daughter the way my boyfriend would have liked?

Today my boyfriend and 4yo daughter went to get a haircut together. My boyfriend has beautiful curls that I adore and he lets it grow pretty long. It never gets length it gets more and more curly. This time, he let it grow out way more than he normally has and became a bit self conscious about it, so he wanted to get it cut. My daughter has been wanting to get hers cut, so we decided it would be a good idea to get them done together.

Bf went first and he decided to get it cut really short. We weren't able to see his forehead before and now we can, just to kind of give you a visual idea. When my daughter saw it she giggled and said "You look silly!"

We were in the waiting area with two older men who were reading the newspaper when she said this and I told her it wasn't polite or nice to laugh at people for getting a haircut or looking different. I told her she wouldn't like it if she were laughed at and she said, "oh yeah, oopsie," then turned to him and said, "I'm sorry (bf's name) I just think you look silly with no curly curls. I'm sorry for laughing."

I thought it was fine until he got up a few minutes later and said "way too loving rude, I'm going outside." I asked him what? but he just went outside, and I looked over at the two men and one of them just shrugged and went back to his paper while the other looked like he didn't move at all. He then comes back and says "outside. now." where he told me he wanted me to cancel her haircut, take her home and punish her by taking her Nintendo 2DS away for the rest of the day and making her go to sleep early. I told him no, because she already apologized and I didn't want to miss her haircut since we were already waiting forever. He ended up leaving us when I went back inside.

I wasn't able to find a ride home and he wouldn't answer my calls. We live about a 20 minute walk away (5 minute car ride) so we had to walk home through melting ice and snow while climbing snowbanks to avoid being on the highway due to the sidewalks being blocked by snow and ice. I'm 4 months pregnant and I have been having bad lower body/lady parts pressure that escalates into pain when I'm up and about too much, so the climbing really hurt. He knows this because he has taken me to my doctor about it. He had my apartment keys so we weren't able to get inside right away and when we did get inside the building, I found my apartment unlocked with all of his stuff (tv, console, clothes) gone and my keys hanging on the wall. Our socks and shoes were soaked and I kind of hobbled to my bedroom and laid down with my heating pad. He eventually answered me and said it was my punishment for not punishing my daughter. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Tldr: daughter laughed at boyfriend's haircut and he got offended. Wanted me to give her what I think of as an over-punishment and left us to walk home when I didn't agree.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Welp, murder is the only thing I can think of.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
What a piece of poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Scud the Disposable Assassin/Trigun both had solutions to this problem without resorting to murder.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

At least his stuff’s already gone so now she just needs to change the locks.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Wow. Just how insecure does someone have to be to take that much offense to what a freaking four year old says?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My best friend (27m) and I ( 27f ) slept together and he pretends it never happened, but I received a letter from him today.

YTA because you’re a terrible writer who reads too many bad romance novels

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Got my vote

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

My [24F] boyfriend [25M] of 7 months carries his gun whenever we go out.

I’m totally OK with shooting six guys who corner a woman while making increasingly aggressive remarks.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

My [24F] boyfriend [25M] of 7 months carries his gun whenever we go out.

She should carry so he doesn't have to. In fact all women should be forced to carry. We could put an end to sexist losers quite quickly with this.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

She should carry so he doesn't have to. In fact all women should be forced to carry. We could put an end to sexist losers quite quickly with this.

Women should also receive a license to kill one (1) man per year, consequence-free.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

The Lone Badger posted:

Women should also receive a license to kill one (1) man per year, consequence-free.

I've been pitching an idea like this, and so far about 50% of the population is in favor, can't seem to talk the other half around though for some reason

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
I (23F) found out my husband (31M) has been pretending to be homeless instead of getting a job.

I don't understand why he's like this. Does he just not care? We've been together for more than three years and have a child turning one in a few weeks, and he still hasn't gotten a job. Meanwhile I have two and used to work three before I had our daughter. AND I'm taking classes for a certificate in my field.

He went to college, graduated with honors, so it's not like he has no motivation or can't succeed. So what gives?

Anyway I found out he was lying to me by literally being on a bus that went past him at an intersection. Downtown, broad daylight. He's been out there every day for who knows how long while I'm at work. I just happened to leave early today. He told me he'd been going to the library to apply for jobs and attend some free coaching sessions. He's put some real drat effort into the whole schtick, there was a cardboard sign and old ratty clothes and everything to make him look the part.

Yes I know that misrepresenting yourself like this is panhandling and it's a crime. He would, it seems, prefer to risk jail and a criminal record than get a job. He'd rather willingly take up the indignity of BEGGING ON THE STREET than earn money by being employed.

On top of this, I had to force the truth out of him. I gave him a chance to explain and he maintained his lie about the library. I had to tell him I had witnessed it before my eyes this afternoon before he confessed.

Oh, and what is he doing with the change he swindles out of strangers you ask? Does he put it towards household expenses, or things for our child, or at least save it? Nope! He blows it away on buying himself fast food. I'm furious because a few months ago he told me he was going to cut back on the amount of junk he ate. He PROMISED he'd change his diet. Now I find out that out of all the things he could be spending this money on, it's fast food. He eats it out of the house so I never would have known.

I just don't understand it. He is perfectly capable, physically and mentally, of holding a job. Why he refuses to is beyond me at this point. I mean if having a baby wasn't enough of a reason to stop loving around for youtube all day and do something useful, what else could be?

I'm so drat tired of nagging him. He's tired of having me nag. But I plain don't trust him to take the responsibility on his own. I thought he was finally stepping up to the plate. Turns out that was just another false hope.

The way I see it is, we are partners, in support of each other and of our family. I'm doing my share for that and he isn't.

I'm just unbelievably disappointed. I'm starting to think he simply won't ever change.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? How did/would you handle it with your partner?

TL;DR: Wife fed up with husband who has resorted to posing as a beggar to avoid having a job.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Things I learned in this thread: Box Car Willy's birthname wasnt William

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
My husband contributes nothing to the household, panhandles during the day while I think he’s out looking for work, and spends his begging income on fast food for himself. The way I see it, we’re partners.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
My [19M] girlfriend [25F] was being racist to another girl at a party, am I wrong to be upset with her?

quote:

u/BurntWax80
I will be as straight forward as possible without offending anybody. I’m Latino, I didn’t live in the United States my whole life altough I was born here but then moved to my native country. My girlfriend is a White American (I hope that isn’t offensive or racist). I’ve also been dating my girlfriend for 2 years and I really love her. I had never seen this side of her.

Well, we went to a party that her girlfriends invited us to and her friends wanted me to tag along because they say I am fun to hang around with. We went and I was just hanging around with my girlfriend simce I didn’t know everybody there. I did go to get some drinks for us and then another girl who was also a Latina started hitting on me a little bit. She was just flirty and trying to get my number and I was politely declining and told her I had a girlfriend.

I guess my girlfriend heard and she lashed out. She started calling her a bunch of names and she started being racist. She made rude comments and she said that Latinos were just invading her home. I didn’t say anything and I haven’t mentioned it to her but I haven’t reallt been feeling that good about it. She’s been great to me and that was out of character with her. She says that she loves me and I even moved in with her after the first few months that we dated and things have been great other than that incident.

TL;DR My girlfriend was racist to a girl who was Latina and I am a Latino myself and the comments she made upset me

quote:

BurntWax80
Yeah I know it’s wrong to be racist but I’m also doubting myself since she was racist towards somebody else who I an the same race as so I don’t get why she wanted to be with me if she dislikes Latinos

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not punishing my daughter the way my boyfriend would have liked?

He's now telling people she kicked him out of the apartment, wtf. I mean, I hope she changes the locks, but there's no reason to make that lie.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for having a gender preference in our selective abortion?

I'm 27f and my husband is 30. We tried for a few years to have baby, long story short, it didn't work out and we ended up going through a couple rounds of IVF.

Fast forward. We find out we're pregnant and we are super happy, like over the moon ecstatic. We couldn't wait for the 12 week mark to tell people, and started working on a nursery right away.

However, we go to our scan and find out we are having FOUR babies. Four. That's insane. I'm cutting a lot of backstory out because honestly, it's hard for me to talk about. At the time, my husband and I are just in shock, but happy we have healthy babies.

Now, I'm a small woman, 5'0 and very petite. At my next scan, it was suggested I consider aborting two of the pregnancies for the sake of my body, and to be honest, I was quietly considering bringing this idea up to my husband anyway because of the money involved with raising four children. We could afford two babies, but no way could we afford four.

Me and my husband are distraught that this is our reality, but we went home and tried to figure it out. From our latest scan, we know we have identical twin girls and two fraternal boys in there. If we go through with the selective abortion, which we most likely will, I brought up that I would like to keep the two girls as they are identical twins (I'm hoping they have the 'twin bond') and also, to be honest, I've always wanted girls.

My husband is on board with this, but as soon as I told my mother and sister the scenario they kicked off, calling us selfish, entitled, saying we are searching for designer babies, etc.

The way I see it is that we have to make a choice which babies go if we do this, and it breaks our hearts that we are in this position but we need to do what we can for the sake of our children. This story sounds so tragic, like a soap storyline or something but it's honestly the hardest thing I have ever done.

So, my question is both AITA for having a preference in this?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress Your Website posted:

My [19M] girlfriend [25F] was being racist to another girl at a party, am I wrong to be upset with her?

Even racist people want to get laid.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Her mum's 100% right in this. You've taken the first steps into playing at god, and it's a slippery slope indeed. Can't preggers? Test tube babies. Oh wait all of them took? Time to cull some. All of them healthy? Pick favorites and kill the rest. Tiny little baby steps down the road to damnation.

And this is coming from someone's who's an Atheist and very pro-choice.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
sometimes when you're thirsty you just gonna drink the water even if it looks like the wrong colour

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xik posted:

sometimes when you're thirsty you just gonna drink the water even if it looks like the wrong colour

Took me a minute to parse that this was about horny racists and not abortion.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serephina posted:

Her mum's 100% right in this. You've taken the first steps into playing at god, and it's a slippery slope indeed. Can't preggers? Test tube babies. Oh wait all of them took? Time to cull some. All of them healthy? Pick favorites and kill the rest. Tiny little baby steps down the road to damnation.

Can you please let me know the final steps to playing god, it would really help me wrap up some personal projects more quickly

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

My [24M] colleague [26F] has a crush on me but I'm not interested - she doesn't speak English.

quote:

In that time she has asked me to dinner, to the cinema, to go on vacation with her next week and, when I was saying that I need to find a new apartment, she asked if I wanted to move in with her. When I said no to that, she said she would move back in with her parents and I can live in her house.

what the gently caress

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Panfilo posted:

The sappy twist is that they both poked holes in each others condoms to try to trick the other into getting pregnant .

And to think, she was so close to impregnating him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

what the gently caress
[/quote]

Lotta guys dont understand the signals a woman is laying down so shes making it very clear.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

IDK if I'd want to put all my eggs in the same genetically identical basket. Got to diversify the stock a bit in case one's a dud.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Having two sets of identical twins sounds like some rad Halloween costume and trickery game further down the line.

That said, while there's something to be said for economies of scale, going from zero kids to four would run them ragged and I don't blame them for wanting to be more reasonable.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
AITA for wanting to sleep on my wife’s side of the bed?

quote:

I rewrote this post entirely because many things were unclear.

TL;DR My wife and I have a good marriage (4 years). I sleep on the left side of the bed, and my wife sleeps on the right side. I feel like I need variety in my sleeping arrangements to sleep comfortably, and so I have asked to switch sides of the bed every few months. My wife doesn’t want to switch.

Growing up, (8-18 years old) I shared a bunk bed with my brother. We both wanted the bottom bunk because it was better, so we would compromise by swapping off every 6 months. In college, I would frequently change whether I slept at the head or the foot of the bed, and sometimes I would even sleep on the floor. When I moved into an apartment (in college still) I sometimes slept on the communal couches. In the summers, I would sleep on roof of the building (and once on the sidewalk) despite my summer allergies. All of my life pre-marriage I have been changing my sleep arrangements and now it is ingrained into me.

On the other hand, my wife feels like she needs consistency. She feels like she needs some things to be hers, and one of those things is her side of the bed. She feels like switching sides violates that need.

In our first year of marriage I slept on the left side. Then we moved residences and I was able to switch to the right side of the bed. We switched without talking about it - I wanted the right side and my wife didn't care (because we just moved). Then after another year we moved to our current location and I again switched. Both times, I don’t think she even noticed.

Now we've been living in the same residence for 2 years and I'm getting antsy. I've been sleeping on the left side this whole time and I still am. After the first year of living in our newest residence, I started (once every two months) asking if we can switch sides of the bed. In response, she asks to keep her side of the bed. She has tried to compromise by switching for one night, but it's only one night and we only did it twice. She tried to compromise by sleeping in the living room with me, but it was also only once. We have a guest bedroom and we have slept in it 6 times in our 2 years living here, but we can't do it anymore because we have a friend renting out our guest bedroom.

As for some solutions:
-I just spoke with my wife and she does not want to rearrange the room
-My wife said that it was "fun" to sleep in the living room, but that we'll never do it again. She doesn't want me to sleep on the floor, on a couch, on an air mattress, or anywhere that isn't the bed. 1. She says it's weird to sleep anywhere other than the bed and 2. She can't sleep well without me
-I cannot sleep upside down because I have GERD at night, so my bed must be at an incline

What I ideally want is to switch every 6 months, but I'm open to different time frames or ideas

AITA?

this dude is like serial killer weird IMO

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Having two sets of identical twins sounds like some rad Halloween costume and trickery game further down the line.

That said, while there's something to be said for economies of scale, going from zero kids to four would run them ragged and I don't blame them for wanting to be more reasonable.

Yeah I don’t blame them but I do have to wonder what the risks are with the selective abortion. Like I have to assume there is a non significant chance that they could lose all 4 right?

That would be some twisted Karma right there if that happened.

I’m not sure what I would do in that situation but after going through all that I’d probably just want to stick with all 4 vs risking everything.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sticking with all four is also a meaningful medical risk, though, especially if she's a smaller woman. Multiple-fetus pregnancies are hard on the body even when it's just twins.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I don’t blame them but I do have to wonder what the risks are with the selective abortion. Like I have to assume there is a non significant chance that they could lose all 4 right?

That would be some twisted Karma right there if that happened.

I’m not sure what I would do in that situation but after going through all that I’d probably just want to stick with all 4 vs risking everything.
There's a pretty significant risk in a petite 5 foot woman carrying four babies to term. The doctor suggested selective abortion for her health, the financial reasons are a bonus.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Vim Fuego posted:

Hmm, I don't think this rear end in a top hat territory. The uh, fact he's literally "antsy" about having to switch sides is strange. I like changing sides of the bed from time to time but I'm single so idk.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
AITA for banging my Ex's sister?

quote:

So I was engaged to my Ex and was with her for 5 and a bit years. I was always close to her family, but mostly her sister, who has 3 children (all of which call me uncle to this day). The relationship deteriorated after I found out she was cheating on me with multiple people, I tried to reconcile (bad decision on my part) although not long after the relationship ended. 6 months pass and my Ex still continued to contact me for emotional support, advice, favours etc. I pandered to her for a while but began to actively ignore her. About a month after we broke up I was involved in an orgy with her sister, her sister's partner and another couple. Some months after that her sister broke up with her boyfriend and we began have sex every couple of weeks. Yesterday her sister told her that we have had sex. My Ex did not take it well and had a huge go at me, making me out to be the bad guy, which incentivised me to respond to her quite harshly. I know that this drama has not reached its end just yet but I have been wondering AITA for banging my Ex's sister?

HEY GUYS I HAVE SEX

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Serephina posted:

That's quite an avatar you got going there.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Ok, y'all thought a 9 year old eating pot gummies was bad? How about a fetus

quote:

big edits because it was incoherent before.

hey guys, I'll make this as short as possible. My parents are weird about me sending stuff via. mail sometimes, so i asked my very close friend if it was okay to send it to hers. we're with eachother most of the school day, and we're in the same grade. note that she is one month pregnant, and her parents (father & step mom) are ok with this. me and her step mom even talk sometimes (: we've done this a couple times before too; me sending stuff to her house. she also doesn't have a phone.

two packages came over the weekend. cbd gummies and a bottle of similar stuff. nothing illegal or immoral, and we talked about this on friday when i ordered them. today, she said her aunt stole them. I'm like, "oh, what the gently caress? i paid for that?" and she's like "yeah haha crazy."

her step mom sends me a message about the packages today and i reply saying they were stolen by her aunt, which is what i was told. the step mom is confused and sends a photo saying her father took the gummies away because she was BRAGGING to her friends about having edibles. edibles... they're cbd! they were open so i said it's okay to just throw them away. she said she found the bottle, too, but it was also open. i told her i don't want her or the father to repay me (the friend has no job or permit/licence), but the step mom said she'd meet with me to sometime anyways and i showed her the receipts of it all.

i actually met with the friend and asked her why she stole my stuff, and she just calmly replied 'i didn't' & 'I'm pregnant anyways, why would i do that stuff?'

I'm talking to her again tomorrow and not sure of what all to say. aita for being upset even though it was sent to her house? it's all about $35 worth, though, so not very much - but i feel very betrayed.

tl;dr: friend & friend's parents said it's ok to send stuff, i do for the 3rd time and the friend steals the stuff and lies about it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vim Fuego posted:

it sounds like a perfect opportunity to do the 50s sitcom two-twin-beds thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Vim Fuego posted:

No way, the wife is the weird one here. Who the hell insists that their partner must sleep in their bed in their designated spot and forbids them from sleeping literally anywhere else ever? She is just as weird if not weirder for not switching spots as he is for wanting to.