Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

What sort of order is that?

Ruby
Emerald
Topaz
Amethyst
Diamond

Stats in order the game displays them please (and then diamond coz it was added last) - they may as well be scattered doing them like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

VodeAndreas posted:

What sort of order is that?

Ruby
Emerald
Topaz
Amethyst
Diamond

Stats in order the game displays them please (and then diamond coz it was added last) - they may as well be scattered doing them like that!

Amethyst
Diamond
Emerald
Ruby
Topaz

It's called alphabetical order you imbecile. :colbert:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

It's called alphabetical order you retad. :colbert:

:downsrim:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

MariusLecter posted:

I gotta ask, anyone else do this? (Or variation thereof)

Horizontally.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

5er posted:

Horizontally.
horizontal in inventory, vertical in stash.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MariusLecter posted:

Mine is horizontal instead, but yes, every time.

E: though not that order, I do rainbow order instead.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I place the "bigger/superior" gems to the left so it grows to the right with the "smaller/lower" gems. I also place them in order of usefulness to me since I played WD almost exclusively, and now I play Necro a lot, so always Topaz at top and then work my way down based on what I'll be crafting.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

In stash, horizontal stacking all the way up to perfect ones. Order is totally random each season. I leave my inventory free and clear.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

MariusLecter posted:

Sort of...I either mash them together to make good gems or I toss out the smaller garbage gems because I'm lazy. BUT...lately (past 3 years or so) I've only played seasons, so when poo poo keeps getting dumped back into my off-season stash I either leave it there because i'm too lazy to gently caress with it, or I grind it all down because i'm not gonna use it anyway.

When I first started, back in the inferno/rage timer days, I'd tidy up every stash tab and sort by character and have different allocated spaces for those weird newspaper things, crafting supplies, gems, etc.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My inv is a temporary purgatory where items wait to either be turned into crafting materials, or transferred to stash. There's no way I'd waste time organizing gems into pretty, ocd-friendly rows or columns in the walking inventory.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Speaking of Diablo 1...i'm still dicking around with the Belzebub mod because it makes the game run as smooth as butter and has other fun tweaks. However, I'm noticing that as soon as I walk my warrior into the very second level of the dungeon, I get killed really easy. This is on normal difficulty. Does the mod raise difficulty? I don't remember the difficulty of the game climbing that fast when I last played 20 years ago. It could also be that i'm an old spoiled gamer who now sucks at games, but i'm unsure.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

chaosapiant posted:

Does the mod raise difficulty?

that's what i've heard

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

MariusLecter posted:

Yup, except I do it in the lower right hand corner instead along the bottom

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That's how I do it, although usually on the right side of the inventory (so flipped). They gave us the two inventory spots back with potions and greater rift keys now out of the inventory, but I used to put those in those bottom two spots.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Stash tabs: who here actually uses all that space? Since I tend to only play one or two characters max per season, and ignore off-season, my stash never gets so full that I've needed more than two tabs.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I could use 20 more tabs.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
One tab is always gems, legendary gems, gifts, and whatever it is that I am reforging in the cube fishing for an upgrade on.

Next tab is cows and vaults and ubers and gold gear (if I have any).

Then its generally two tabs per character in a season, one for sets and one for supporting legendaries. Generally because while still building out characters I'll have two copies of poo poo.

Off season it is one tab per class with best in slots for builds but also who cares because who plays off season.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I still have yet to ever see a single gift drop. Are they supposed to be more common now?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Speked posted:

This guy gets it.

. . . and I limit myself to 1 character per season :v:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Each class needs 2-3 tabs to stash all the gear needed for commonly used builds. I could use another 5 or so tabs myself. And have some left over for miscellaneous stuff.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I did my first challenge rift last night. It was a Crusader character who likes to bathe himself in swirling hammers. I beat it and got some good supplies. Can I continue to beat the posted time to get supplies or is that a one time thing until the next challenge is out? Or do I need to beat my own time?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Once per challenge rift, I'm like 99% sure

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can do it once a week for the reward.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Good info, thank you! Next question: has it ever been stated which torment level or GR level is approximately the same difficulty as old school Inferno? I imagine it's like maybe T3 at the highest?

Edit: new question: I keep hearing the term "augments." What are augments? Is this something newish?

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 20, 2019

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Suburban Dad posted:

Did you try more than one brand of them? The first one I had did the same thing randomly. I guess it could be the wiring but the adapters themselves can be poo poo as well. My house was built in 1961 and the wiring is original, 100 amp, and it's pretty much maxed out (no idea how that affects these).

Sorry for the derail, diablo thread.
Two different brands before I gave up. The first one I used actually seemed to be better but still too unreliable.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

Good info, thank you! Next question: has it ever been stated which torment level or GR level is approximately the same difficulty as old school Inferno? I imagine it's like maybe T3 at the highest?

Edit: new question: I keep hearing the term "augments." What are augments? Is this something newish?

There is no real way to compare anything we have now to either vanilla inferno or post nerf inferno. If you want to go by challenge, it'll be subjective to the person, but somewhere north of GR105 with current patch balance would be probably your floor.

Augments are a way to convert max tier gems, three at a time, plus a legendary gem into an additional +stat affix on your gear. The level of the legendary gem determines how much, and the color of gems used determines which stat.

If you are asking these kinds of questions though, you'll not really need to worry about augmenting your gear for a while.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dameius posted:

There is no real way to compare anything we have now to either vanilla inferno or post nerf inferno. If you want to go by challenge, it'll be subjective to the person, but somewhere north of GR105 with current patch balance would be probably your floor.

Augments are a way to convert max tier gems, three at a time, plus a legendary gem into an additional +stat affix on your gear. The level of the legendary gem determines how much, and the color of gems used determines which stat.

If you are asking these kinds of questions though, you'll not really need to worry about augmenting your gear for a while.

Oh wow, augments are awesome! I've got over 1,000 hours in this dumb fun game, but stopped playing for a good long while. Now when I log in I see fun new areas on the map, crafting poo poo is jammed into its own menu, and there's augments. I'm just now working on a seasonal necro. I didn't jump in at the beginning because of other things, but now I'm pumped to get a necromancer to 70 and decently geared. He's the only character I don't have in my "jump in and have fun" character collection.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Speked posted:

20 more Armory tabs, coming right up!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

Oh wow, augments are awesome! I've got over 1,000 hours in this dumb fun game, but stopped playing for a good long while. Now when I log in I see fun new areas on the map, crafting poo poo is jammed into its own menu, and there's augments. I'm just now working on a seasonal necro. I didn't jump in at the beginning because of other things, but now I'm pumped to get a necromancer to 70 and decently geared. He's the only character I don't have in my "jump in and have fun" character collection.

I was in your same boat, more hours than I should have during vanilla, then a long gap until most of the mechanics we have now were already added.

If you want, WolfCryer created a series of videos on YouTube specifically for getting new or returning from vanilla players caught up on all the changes to the game so you can jump right into things.

Edit: It is called Diablo 3 Basics, here is the one on legendary gems, he'll have a whole playlist of them.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 20, 2019

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dameius posted:

I was in your same boat, more hours than I should have during vanilla, then a long gap until most of the mechanics we have now were already added.

If you want, WolfCryer created a series of videos on YouTube specifically for getting new or returning from vanilla players caught up on all the changes to the game so you can jump right into things.

Edit: It is called Diablo 3 Basics, here is the one on legendary gems, he'll have a whole playlist of them.

I'll check these out! I should clarify, I've played a lot of RoS, and into a few seasons. I stopped about 6 months before the Necromancer dropped and never dropped back in. So i'm good on a lot of stuff, but have missed about 18-24 months of updates until now. Augments may have been in before (and maybe I knew that once) but I couldn't remember.

Thanks again!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

5er posted:

My inv is a temporary purgatory where items wait to either be turned into crafting materials, or transferred to stash. There's no way I'd waste time organizing gems into pretty, ocd-friendly rows or columns in the walking inventory.
Yeah, I have nice neat rows of gems in my first stash tab (two horizontal rows in stat order), but I don't keep them in my inventory because if I did that, I'd be more likely to run out of space when I obsessively picked up every yellow in a regular rift.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I finally got a good Primal to drop.

However, the RNG refuses to give me either Warrior Blood or Little Rogue.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Amethyst
Diamond
Emerald
Ruby
Topaz

Think you're so smart with your book learning and letters. :(

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Reasonable people order their gems by color spectrum. Any other method is for followers of false gods.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Amethyst
Diamond
Emerald
Ruby
Topaz

I use stochastic ordering but pair each type appropriately.

If I were going to do it based on a set scheme, I'd use R-V.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Zaffy posted:

Reasonable people order their gems by color spectrum. Any other method is for followers of false gods.

Where do the white gems fall on the color spectrum

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I use 'well I only play dex and int classes very regular so those go up front, otherwise it's a horribly ineffective use of time to worry about this tedious poo poo' ordering system.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

mewse posted:

I do color spectrum with diamonds last. Ruby Topaz Emerald Amethyst Diamond.

I do support everyone finding their own sorting scheme, so long as they have one. Unsorted gem owners are the true enemy of us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mewse posted:

They're blue-ish, so they're the B in roy g biv.

(Ruby, Topaz, Emerald, Diamond, Amethyst for close approximations to Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Violet)