Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I know it's not him, but this is just too good:

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1108456857897717760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bolow posted:

They really should learn from the Ukrainians

I don't think it works this way anymore, but back in the Soviet days the rear doors on those BTR APCs were fuel tanks.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

I don't think it works this way anymore, but back in the Soviet days the rear doors on those BTR APCs were fuel tanks.

The only good russian bbq

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Reign Of Pain posted:

The only good russian bbq

:wrong:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

kebab ≠ bbq

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1108462965966151680

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

gently caress john mccain but lol what an rear end in a top hat

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1108451990823145473

Is he speaking on a military installation? :stare:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
tank factory in I want to say ohio?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Reign Of Pain posted:

kebab ≠ bbq

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_variations_of_barbecue

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hello I am 100% here for an 88-year old loving dunking on shitlibs 😂

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

found this while reading that article lol

quote:

Meats have been cooked over open flames by the Aboriginal peoples of Canada since the beginning of the human habitation of North America.[13] US-style barbecue culture is a recent import to Canada, having been introduced following the Second World War.[14] Its arrival coincided with the commercially driven popularization of a type of "domestic masculinity" for middle-class suburban fathers in the 1950s. This was a sharp break with the Canadian tradition, however, and as late as 1955, an article in Maclean's magazine called the practice "weird".

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

greetings fellow kids

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nope, no possible chance he has dementia. Total fake witch hunt the angry, conflicted dems made up. Not a single shred of evidence. Just people angry that we're MAGAing all over the place.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm glad someone's dragging Bernie left

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
From Reuters FBI now involved in a criminal probe on the 737 certifications

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

https://www.google.com/search?q=rus...biw=320&bih=454

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

That looks the same as this:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...i39.FPgEYRL_dDI

This is real bbq
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...img.pwp7l1VwD2o

But thanks for the link because some of the russian bbq pics are great

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.southbendtribune.com/so...19bb30f31a.html

quote:

Maestro Tsung Yeh and the SBSO reminded a larger-than-normal audience of more than 1,850 people of why George Gershwin remains one of America’s most popular songwriters and composers with an all-Gershwin program.

Yeh and the SBSO made “An American in Paris” a light and vivacious work at its faster tempos and filled with melancholy and longing at its slower moments.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg made his concert debut as the piano soloist for “Rhapsody in Blue” and acquitted himself well as he executed the piece’s difficult fast passages with technical precision, although technique sometimes took precedence over expressiveness.

Guest vocalists and Indiana University South Bend students Tamra Garrett and Lawrence Mitchell-Matthews made the second half of the concert dramatic with their emotionally expressive and vocally superb renditions of selections from the 1935 opera “Porgy and Bess.”

Starting to turn on Mayor Pete out of pure jealousy

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

LingcodKilla posted:

I feel like those fire bombs went out really fast. The old timers not sharing recipes with the young bloods?

I'm assuming they only have the most basic idea of how to make a cocktail. The old farts could actually throw them a fair distance as well, none of this "run up close playing chicken" poo poo.

EBB posted:

I'm thinking to the future. IEDs got really loving fancy in the last two decades.

I should have been more clear that I was talking about firebombing police vehicles in Ireland in particular.

But they were at the forefront of bombs as well during their day as well, remote detonated bombs in culverts passing under the road. (They were also pretty effective with the boat-bomb, even got Lord Mountbatten with one.) With new technologies, yeah, they will grow in leaps and bounds, especially considering no-one has tried to bomb the infrastructure into the stoneage first, so access to components will be easier.

About 16-18 years ago when I was writing a paper that covered it I had some vhs tapes showing some unwashed brits (not the irish) firebombing police vehicles, but I can't recall now if it was footage from one of their race riots or just a general riot/disturbance. Would have been from the late 70's, early 80's so just as they were trundling from poo poo to poo poo in terms of poor economy and recession.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Reign Of Pain posted:

That looks the same as this:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...i39.FPgEYRL_dDI

This is real bbq
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...img.pwp7l1VwD2o

But thanks for the link because some of the russian bbq pics are great

real russian bbq is as i linked it, your ignorance of regional varieties notwhithstanding

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Stuff like the troubles would be pretty wild today. High def streaming of drone-delivered fire bombs and the like.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

With the wide availability of street fentalogues being what it is I expect future terrorism is going to look a lot like the moscow theater hostage rescue

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

shame on an IGA posted:

With the wide availability of street fentalogues being what it is I expect future terrorism is going to look a lot like the moscow theater hostage rescue

I believe there have been multiple papers written between 98? and 08 that warned of such risks. And of course more recently (08 to 18) various news bodies have run articles hyping up the fear of that. Dunno if any of you here remember it, or even read it (since some of you would have been deployed overseas already at that point) , but there was one paper published in 04 about the US agricultural industry as being a ripe target for a biological attack, yet things remain much of the same and it's still a massive risk. I can't see things getting secured anytime soon under the anger-mango either.

It's really a miracle more than anything that those avenues haven't been exploited yet.

Just imagine a cheap little drone dropping a packet of fentanyl or carfentanyl into a water reservoir serving a large area. Or multiple drones doing it across the country. The bloody drones are more expensive than the drugs, and neither are particularly expensive in the long run, and both are stupidly easy to get. Way less work than a gun and ammunition.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't see anybody getting on board unless there is a profit motive, being honest. People are dumb as hell and short sighted as gently caress

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

kupachek posted:

I believe there have been multiple papers written between 98? and 08 that warned of such risks. And of course more recently (08 to 18) various news bodies have run articles hyping up the fear of that. Dunno if any of you here remember it, or even read it (since some of you would have been deployed overseas already at that point) , but there was one paper published in 04 about the US agricultural industry as being a ripe target for a biological attack, yet things remain much of the same and it's still a massive risk. I can't see things getting secured anytime soon under the anger-mango either.

It's really a miracle more than anything that those avenues haven't been exploited yet.

Just imagine a cheap little drone dropping a packet of fentanyl or carfentanyl into a water reservoir serving a large area. Or multiple drones doing it across the country. The bloody drones are more expensive than the drugs, and neither are particularly expensive in the long run, and both are stupidly easy to get. Way less work than a gun and ammunition.

Is this a light version of the text to summon NSA WIZARD?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Jack Ryan show already had a scene with that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Somebody's poisoned the waterhole!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Avocado slices wrapped in parma ham then drizzled in balsamic vinegar is lovely BBQ fodder.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Erdogan needs to stfu

http://www.newser.com/article/981873edd41f40a697ea925d0d3a9663/turkeys-erdogan-sparks-spat-with-australia-new-zealand.html

quote:

Turkey's president has sparked an acute diplomatic spat with far-off New Zealand and Australia, referring to a key World War I campaign and the more recent Christchurch mosque shooting as targeting Islam.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has been campaigning for local elections due at the end of the month, suggested this week that Australia and New Zealand had sent troops to fight in WWI's Gallipoli campaign due to their opposition to Islam.

In more inflammatory comments, Erdogan said any Australians and New Zealanders traveling to Turkey with anti-Muslim sentiments would be sent back in coffins "like their grandfathers" were in the Gallipoli campaign.

What a loving piece of poo poo. One of my granduncles died in Galipoli. I didn't know him but I'm pretty sure he didn't give a gently caress about islam

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

That's the BMP. The BTR's issue was that egress for 16 was from two little hatches.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Reign Of Pain posted:

Erdogan needs to stfu

http://www.newser.com/article/981873edd41f40a697ea925d0d3a9663/turkeys-erdogan-sparks-spat-with-australia-new-zealand.html

What a loving piece of poo poo. One of my granduncles died in Galipoli. I didn't know him but I'm pretty sure he didn't give a gently caress about islam

That surely won't have any ill effects, no sir.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Somebody's poisoned the waterhole!
On a side note I'm sick to death of Tom Hanks and wish he'd retire.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I think the NZ foreign minister is going to turkey to discuss that line

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Who'd a thunk that the SPLC hates women and people of color?

quote:

The Times has also learned that the organization, whose leadership is predominantly white, has been wrestling with complaints of workplace mistreatment of women and people of color. It was not immediately clear whether those issues were connected to the firing of Dees, who is 82.

Also Thursday, employees sent correspondence to management demanding reforms, expressing concerns about the resignation last week of a highly respected black attorney at the organization and criticizing the organization’s work culture.

A letter signed by about two dozen employees — and sent to management and the board of directors before news broke of Dees’ firing — said they were concerned that internal “allegations of mistreatment, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism threaten the moral authority of this organization and our integrity along with it.”

Today, the Alabama Political Reporter reported that multiple SPLC employees wrote a joint email after a senior attorney resigned and accused Dees of sexual harassment and the SPLC of cover-ups and retaliation (Dees denies the allegations):

[T]he employees’ email alleged multiple instances of sexual harassment by Dees, and it alleges that reports of his conduct were ignored or covered up by SPLC leadership. A subsequent letter from other SPLC employees demands an investigation into the alleged coverup of Dees’ alleged harassment.

The emails noted that multiple female SPLC employees had resigned over the years due to the harassment and/or the subsequent retaliation by SPLC leadership when they reported the incidents.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/southern-poverty-law-center-fires-morris-dees-exposes-own-intolerance/

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Madurai posted:

That's the BMP. The BTR's issue was that egress for 16 was from two little hatches.

would you rather rely on your vehicle's fuel for rear protection?

or get shot from the front while squirming out one of two side hatches?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Both look like nightmares tbh.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

ASAPI posted:

Is this a light version of the text to summon NSA WIZARD?

NSA Wizard never needs to be summoned, is always watching.

Heck, just think about how much trouble something like Swine Vesicular Disease could cause, considering it's highly contagious, how many pork farmers there are and are overproducing thanks to the tariffs. Mortality rate is low, but morbidity is high, and there is no vaccine. It's not a risk for humans, but it'll gently caress up the food supply and destroy some farmers.

I'd say SVD is a pretty mild one in the grand scheme.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WE MUST NOT ALLOW AN OPOID GAP!!

MEIN FUHRER! I CAN WALK!!

Humans are by and large, poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
In regards to that chucklefuck from NZ.

There's additional footage from a hotel of him doing drive-by shootings between scenes.

I hope he gets shanked