Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Emphasis on when it's followed correctly.

Oh yeah. You start breaking it, it breaks down real fast. It had me eating so much goddamn protein I could barely choke it all down (and couldn't sometimes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Schwa posted:

My appendix exploded while I was working in South America and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital. Lost 20+ pounds and I'm not supposed to lift anything over 20 lbs for a while...

I was so close to a 450 squat. I guess I'll start back up on a linear program when I can lift again to try to regain some strength and then transition back to running 5/3/1 forever. Looking forward to it! Kinda sucks not being able to do much.

I suggest deload back to the bar, work on your form, read starting strength (again), and GOMAD

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

Oh yeah. You start breaking it, it breaks down real fast. It had me eating so much goddamn protein I could barely choke it all down (and couldn't sometimes).

What? It's only like 14-16 oz of meat and 4 scoops of whey/casein.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Guyver posted:

What? It's only like 14-16 oz of meat and 4 scoops of whey/casein.

It's also extremely possible that I was reading it wrong and going off the pre-cooked instead of the post-cooked measurements.
Because I'm bad at things.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I only loosely followed the diet and got pretty shredded, this year I might actually try getting strict and getting ludicrously shredded.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I have no problems losing weight but I can't get shredded in certain areas. My arms get ripped until I can see muscle fibers nicely but I'll still carry fat around my midsection forever. I assume it's because I was a fat kid and it's hard to get rid of those ancient fat cells

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

I don't get all these measurements

What the gently caress is a "cup"

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Is RP a diet you've absolutely got to pay $110 for, or are there ways to get the same with an Excel spreadsheet somewhere?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Collapsing Farts posted:

I don't get all these measurements

What the gently caress is a "cup"

its a unit of measuring volume OP

commonly used by septic tanks

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

A cup is 4 oz, or about 120 mL

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Just give me grams you american swine

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Just give me grams you american swine

About 50-150 grams/cup depending on the veg, hope it helps with your sad flabby tum tum you doughy baby back BITCH

edit: USA! USA! USA!

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
im a big boi but my shoulders let me down because i do very little arm/shoulder work but i really need to for my stronkman overhead stuff. i have enormous traps tho
so im gonna startt hammering my shoulders

whats some solid shoulder exercise programs dudes?
so far im:

lots of BTN BB presses (trying to build up my rear a bit to improve my oh press)
side delt raises
seal rows
OH DB press
log press / axle press
face pulls
seated rows, CG and WG weighted pullups

thats about it atm. i need big chonky shoulders

atm i have a deadlift/legs day, then a bodybuilding shoulders/legs day, then a squat/legs/press day and a strongman Saturday. (4 days pw) something i can flesh out my Bodybuilding day with?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
whats 1 cup of salami look like

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chinatown posted:

whats 1 cup of salami look like

If it's anything like 1 jockstrap of salami,

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Data Graham posted:

If it's anything like 1 jockstrap of salami,

I dont like salami anymore

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fallows posted:

I dont like salami anymore

what the hell dude

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/theOFFICIALmilf/status/1107740829253279744

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

some dudes like to be choked during sex

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Nice arms

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like women of all shapes and sizes unlike some close minded people:smuggo:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

some dudes like to be choked during sex

Not everything women do is motivated by pleasing men sexually.

Some women also like to be choked.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry but pretty much anything can please men sexually.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Is RP a diet you've absolutely got to pay $110 for, or are there ways to get the same with an Excel spreadsheet somewhere?

If that table above was the RP diet then it's the most "no poo poo" diet ever.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Sorry but pretty much anything can please men sexually.

If that table above was the RP diet then it's the most "no poo poo" diet ever.

That's just one phase of the RP diets, Base I think. It then has different Cut tabs when you stop seeing results on base.

It's also broken down between Light, medium and heavy training days, as well as non-training days.

That linked graph is for a pretty small person too. I double-checked my template. For base, non-training day I'm at 8oz of lean meat 4x per day (200g total) plus 50g casein at night, and 135g carbs total thru the day.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Mar 20, 2019

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

That's the new simplified RP Diet for normals that just came out. That still costs one hundred and ten loving dollars. You might think it's basic but the vast majority of people have no idea how to eat.

The older RP diet templates give you a bunch of options based on the time of day you work out and number of meals.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I can't say I find huge arms attractive on women but I'd rather take a buff gymrat over some fattie

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Chinatown posted:

what the hell dude

sorry i was tired , i do like salami and jock straps...

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
*slowly erases Fallows name from the book of grudges*

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

This is 110% the poo poo that I cum for.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

*Guy from Oz saying "tiiiits" but for this photo*

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I can’t remember if it was this thread or the other one but does anyone remember or have that article
/ study on CNS recovery rates? Like previously it was thought it could take up to 72 hours for your CNS to recover from a hard workout but I remember something coming out which said it’s actually only about 24 hours (ish) for you to be recovered.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Bulgarian method wouldn't work if it was more than 24 hours.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

nooneofconsequence posted:

The Bulgarian method wouldn't work if it wasn’t for drugs

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I actually don’t know what the Bulgarian method is but it conjures up images of the countless goons who tried smolov after SS and quit lifting forever

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Collapsing Farts posted:

I can't say I find huge arms attractive on women but I'd rather take a buff gymrat over some fattie

If it helps 90% of the buff women you see pictured are about 5' tall irl so their arms aren't actually very big.

Winstons
Nov 9, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I can’t remember if it was this thread or the other one but does anyone remember or have that article
/ study on CNS recovery rates? Like previously it was thought it could take up to 72 hours for your CNS to recover from a hard workout but I remember something coming out which said it’s actually only about 24 hours (ish) for you to be recovered.

I don't think this is the article you're referring too, but still a very interesting read around CNS stuff, by Menno Henselmans - https://mennohenselmans.com/cns-fatigue/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Winstons posted:

I don't think this is the article you're referring too, but still a very interesting read around CNS stuff, by Menno Henselmans - https://mennohenselmans.com/cns-fatigue/

This is great thanks!

quote:

In conclusion, CNS fatigue is largely acute. It normally doesn’t take days for the CNS to recover. The CNS can recover within minutes.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
So I can lift infinitely :eyepop:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

So I can lift infinitely :eyepop:

24 hour live streaming lifting challenge.

You know what you need to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

If it helps 90% of the buff women you see pictured are about 5' tall irl so their arms aren't actually very big.

As long as they're big enough to squeeze my lizard.