Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Also: to this day I'm still baffled by Silky's I WAS READY TO LIP SYNC rant (and the dancing in complete silence moment that still makes me crack up). Even if the second team wasn't a goddamn shitshow, Silky was the very definition of safe in that performance and runway.

(the answer is, of course, Silky is Season 6 Laganga levels of too loving much)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

esperterra posted:

I'm hoping she just got unlucky, and these first three runway themes just ended up being her red outfits.

The first episode was a new outfit, so she was definitely unlucky in that her box basically demanded a red theme.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think I'm that person thats too extra irl bc I don't hate silky nearly as much as y'all but gently caress man I would rather not watch her interact with guest judges if I can help it, its like giving a kid sugar, she just loses the fuckin plot

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ahhhhh I just watched the Cake Couture Untucked and I had to sit through Delta implying but not owning up to Stacey being kept in the competition only because she's a big queen. And then the Heathers having a good laugh about a backwoods native american, southern black person and two Puerto Ricans not getting white culture.

What a mess

Also Stacey not realizing that she's been gang bullied the entire time is :smith:

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Ubiquitous_ posted:

or Eureka for how terrible all of hers were.

her runways? since when? I'm not a huge fan of Eureka but she knows how to make her body look great and her runways were mostly very strong. That's like one thing I wouldn't clock her for.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Her runway looks, haven't been the most flattering. Her torso is too short and wide for a cropped top, especially when paired with a high waist, but her wig game and makeup are on point
Jesus, yeah. People with short, square torsos can't wear short, square tops EVER, and I'm speaking as one similarly afflicted (watching drag queens has actually helped my personal style out a lot, because even though I'm a cis woman I'm built like a boy with bolt-ons. Drag workarounds can be educational). Her paint is always just great though.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

spite house posted:

Jesus, yeah. People with short, square torsos can't wear short, square tops EVER, and I'm speaking as one similarly afflicted (watching drag queens has actually helped my personal style out a lot, because even though I'm a cis woman I'm built like a boy with bolt-ons. Drag workarounds can be educational). Her paint is always just great though.

I deserved that. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to body shame.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

I deserved that. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to body shame.
Oh no, I was being completely serious. All bodies are great, some looks don't work as well on some bodies, Ariel's silhouette picker appears to be miscalibrated. (Edited because I sounded body-shamey and didn't mean to. But man, the short square torso struggle is real.)

spite house fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 21, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
This is the Latrice Conundrum. She came out wearing the same exact silhouette and style and was justifiably roasted for it.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Colonial Sanders.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

resting mitch face posted:

Colonial Sanders.

Dr. Silky, PhD

lmao

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

So y'all, I just went to my very first drag show, and who did I see but miss Ariel Versace! She absolutely murdered the stage and did a number to Netta (of Eurovision fame), which is two things I love right there, and the show was a benefit for an on-campus LGBT scholarship, so the girl's got heart too (I can't imagine going to panhandle Texas was convenient for her). I'm definitely gonna watch her a little more closely.

There were quite a few other performers, from local girls to student performers, even Tasha Long popped in, and all in all it was awesome.

If the opportunity arises and you can go to a drag show, do

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 21, 2019

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Jr. posted:

If the opportunity arises and you can go to a drag show, do

I'm so happy for you :neckbeard:

Going to local shows makes me feel alive!

LA, NYC, Chicago, SF, and Miami all have shows literally every night. Other vibrant cities include Austin, Milwaukee, Denver, Jersey City, Houston, Boston, and Nashville- but this isn't an exhaustive list! I'm just trying to say that if you pass through a major US city, there's a good chance that you'll be able to take in a show. :) People promote their shows on social media, so check location tagged Instagram/FB/Twitter when you're traveling!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Local drag is some of the best shows I’ve seen and it feels really nice to support local talent.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I've seen plenty of drag shows (live in NYC so it's pretty easy to see great queens) but I've never seen a pageant. It would be so cool to see the queens walk. I tried searching for NY pageants and there seem to be some, but I can't really tell what's legit or a good representation. Has anyone ever been to one? What's it like?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I live in DC, and while there is a lot of drag here, it seems like that it's mostly for a straight audiences. There are several weekly drag brunches, and they're all almost entirely attended by straight people. Drag bingo? Straight people. Even when they did the weekly drag show at Town (RIP), they gay crowds would start to trickle out as the masses of straight people would start to trickle in.

It's wonderful that drag has become appreciated by mainstream culture, but it still feels like gay people are being pushed out of gay spaces so that straight people can do a little cultural tourism. We've long given up on Nellie's as that has become the premiere place for bachelorette parties

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 22, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Vanjie: Da gently caress? :laffo:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Good girl grip girl

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Did they give the girls blurred glasses or something? I don't believe they are all illiterate.

Nihonniboku posted:

I live in DC, and while there is a lot of drag here, it seems like that it's mostly for a straight audiences. There are several weekly drag brunches, and they're all almost entirely attended by straight people. Drag bingo? Straight people. Even when they did the weekly drag show at Town (RIP), they gay crowds would start to trickle out as the masses of straight people would start to trickle in.

It's wonderful that drag has become appreciated by mainstream culture, but it still feels like gay people are being pushed out of gay spaces so that straight people can do a little cultural tourism. We've long given up on Nellie's as that has become the premiere place for bachelorette parties

This is why I appreciate that the main drag venue in Richmond VA is a limited-entry fetish club

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I could watch that for hours

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rajah as Omarosa and Yvie as Kellyanne is loving perfect

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Vanjie as Rosie is inspired

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Youth Decay posted:

This is why I appreciate that the main drag venue in Richmond VA is a limited-entry fetish club

I do love Richmond.

Also, Akeria has RSF: Resting Stank Face.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Silky is an idiot

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

omg ra'jah pulling out "I have dance experience" and getting loving called on it is amazing.

This guy needs to choreograph everything.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

omg ra'jah pulling out "I have dance experience" and getting loving called on it is amazing.

That's kind of her M.O. with everything

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Nina story is loving heartbreaking

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Was that

Was that actually Ginger Minj??? :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

drat, Ginger!

I don't know what to make of that skit... Horrible script, good performance, great Yvie.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

drat, Ginger!

I don't know what to make of that skit... Horrible script, good performance, great Yvie.

That entire loving concept was a goddamn choice

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

OMG Shuga

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Holy gently caress shuga cain

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Shuga Cain loving owns oh my god

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Shuga Cain won the runway while being the worst-looking bitch there.

That said Nina should have been at least high, her runway was great and her performance was the best imo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norwegia

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
What do we think? Was Michelle actually annoyed by Joel McHale?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I get the reads on Vanjie but I'm struggling to think what she could have done to actually capture Rosie in physicality or appearance

Nihonniboku posted:

What do we think? Was Michelle actually annoyed by Joel McHale?
I do think so and I loved it. He's an intentionally obnoxious guy and I fully buy him playing up his personality to annoy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Rosie role was destined for disaster. Rosie is just loud and nothing else and it’s hard to convey that in a lip sync.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Vanjie should have super padded. As is she just looked like a 28 year old Latina who used to be punk. She cute, but it wasn’t Drag Rosie

E: Ariel is just looks like Pretty Miz Cracker, right

zelah fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm hooting and hollering like at a football game bc my misso has the same exact subtype of EDS that yvie has