Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
A room where every hookshot target is actually an Iron Knuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

At the end of the game when you get the prompt to pick up the master sword in the ganon fight, it's a freeze trap

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Blastinus posted:

I’m guessing that it’ll be a remix of all the fun puzzles we’ve endured so far. Like navigating a room on fire with ice physics at the same time. And invisible spiders dropping from the ceiling.

One switch in a hole, another in some random corner out of sight.

Next we'll find out that there are invisible switches too.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Needs more cow switches from the Master Quest version of Jabu-Jabu IMO

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

By the way here's a sandwich I made during a race I participated in last weekend. Ham, salami, and muenster cheese, mayo and whole grain mustard.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You had me until mayo. Now it must be destroyed.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

First sourdough hatred, now mayo too? Sir, I will go buy a sourdough loaf and make another one with mayo JUST to spite you.

Can't believe I'm hearing this poo poo in my own thread, the nerve!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The best kind of sandwich bread is ciabatta anyway.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Personally I'm partial to a Vietnamese baguette

Best served with curry or the usual trapping of pickled veggies and jalapenos and meat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Personally I'm partial to a Vietnamese baguette

Best served with curry or the usual trapping of pickled veggies and jalapenos and meat

I've been living in Philly for the past few years and the secret best sandwiches in town aren't cheesesteaks (which are still very good mind you), but banh mi.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I've been living in Philly for the past few years and the secret best sandwiches in town aren't cheesesteaks (which are still very good mind you), but banh mi.

Like I've been spoiled by living just up the road from the two biggest Little Saigons in the country for almost all my life but really you can't go wrong with banh mi

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

One of these days I need to go have a bahn mi for the first time.

Tying up some loose ends before we hit the Shadow Temple.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Bahn mi's are very good, would recommend. Pickled veggies are good combined with the meat and amazing bread.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

The 4th Fairy™ is not an option on the official Taco Bell menu, in case anyone was wondering and/or planning to order it.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

This is it. This is the start of The Best Stream.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

FPzero posted:

One of these days I need to go have a bahn mi for the first time.

Tying up some loose ends before we hit the Shadow Temple.

They're amazing. Don't pay more than $5 for one and put some fermented chili paste on it. My god.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Best price to quality ratio on a banh mi is $8, at least in my experience. Also get one with BBQ pork.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Best price to quality ratio on a banh mi is $8, at least in my experience. Also get one with BBQ pork.

I’d balk at paying more than $5 but then again I’ve lived most of my life in or near places where they’d run you out of town if you tried charging more

Also god this stream has the best sheer gently caress you move in the game. Like not even a trap, it’s just a gently caress you

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's hipster food now, the only places that sell them around me are gastropubs, and they're worth the $9, especially with pork belly and Asian mayonnaise

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Door Frame posted:

It's hipster food now, the only places that sell them around me are gastropubs, and they're worth the $9, especially with pork belly and Asian mayonnaise

There isn't a Chinatown near you? They're a dime a dozen at like, every Chinatown I've been to.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's 15 miles away from where I live and the missus is super allergic to fish and shellfish, so I rarely get a chance to go

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

here's a solid and cheap option if there's one near you

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Nope, I'm in Chicago

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This game sure does love making the player do weird things with hover boots.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 21, 2019

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've always been kinda torn on the Hover Boots. I wish they'd done more with them, but really what good are they besides being able to cross slightly longer gaps?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The Hover Boots also give you a brief buffer from damage floors, let you walk across sand without sinking at all, and I think they equalize the loss of friction on surfaces like ice. It also lets you do a Looney Tunes-style run for a few seconds when you misstep instead of just dropping straight down.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Honestly, with Link's movement, I'm not sure there's much left you could do with boots unless he's given the ability to jump on his own without ledges. Iron boots let you sink, hover boots let you not sink. There's a reason why those items haven't really come back in a pair and the iron boots only managed to come back in the slowest, most painful way possible and with a gimmick that didn't work too well.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Did anyone else catch Goku getting knocked into the pit by the roller spike, but hovering during the knockdown animation thanks to the Hover Boots? More like Hover Butts.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

FPzero posted:

This game sure does love making the player do weird things with hover boots.

I am disappointed you didn't use "Ganon's Gauntlet Block Warehouse" as the video title.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

these next videos are gonna be wild

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

ZeButler posted:

I am disappointed you didn't use "Ganon's Gauntlet Block Warehouse" as the video title.

please don't photoshop my posts that's what the video has been called this whole time :(

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Jeez, I miss one stream and you guys immediately start cyberbullying FP.

C-Euro posted:

Did anyone else catch Goku getting knocked into the pit by the roller spike, but hovering during the knockdown animation thanks to the Hover Boots? More like Hover Butts.

Something something buttwings?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Smash that bell into pieces, leave a comment on statues, don't lose your shirt man.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The Best gently caress You Move™ was fukken cathartic after the tedium of the scythe room :allears:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

:golfclap:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
OK, now that was some good poo poo.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What a good romhack. :allears:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I knew this video would be magic when the timer appeared. It did not disappoint.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Woo, my comment got episode title! moments like that are what make a romhack fun. If it were all kaizo nonsense or every room was like that (and of course required your tunic afterward) it would be a mess, but as a surprise room like that it's nice for releasing tension.

What keeps me watching for this game is that there was clearly some effort put into the design. It's clunky in spots, doesn't all work, et cetera, but there's a lot of good (enough) stuff and it's not one of those hacks that's built to punish the player or require obscure mastery strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Most of the really BS stuff needs a bit more polish to come up to acceptable levels. Like the armos backflip trick. A reminder in that room would have cut down on time immensely.

And some sort of indicator for Inane Switch Placement.

And actually having feedback on what switches do what.

And making the Water Temple Ice gimmick not so annoying.

And making sure that every place you can get into you can get out of without farore's wind/save warping.

... On second thought this list is longer than I'd like to call 'acceptable levels.'

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 22, 2019