Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Decided to give this a go today, and holy poo poo I'm smiling so much at these tsundere idiots. Last time I had this much fun watching anime was with Konosuba. They are just so sincere in their idiocy :kimchi:

Now excuse me as I root myself before my screen to watch the rest of this before I spoil anything for myself.

edit: Derp, this is the manga thread. Seems I lost this one.

Zernach fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

New cover is cute. Very different from the ones before

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Next volume better be Kaguya-chan.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The percentages are their birthdays

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Never spotted this foreshadowing before.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dabir posted:

Nor I. Good catch.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Dabir posted:

Took me a second but I just got it as well.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Four chapters next week, ending with Fireworks Pt 1. Wonder which chapters will go alongside Fireworks Pt 2 for the finale.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think it's incredibly important to show the follow-up chapters where the President is embarrassed by what he did.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Yes, but I'm gonna be unreasonably annoyed if the anime ends with the feeling that the status quo will always be maintained, when that is demonstrably not the case in the manga

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Monkey's Paw option: Anime-original ending with no hope of season 2.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

On the other hand I think starting Season 2 with Shiroganes embarrassment and regret would be hilarious.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder how they're going to do the title drop for the fireworks. Has the potential to be super corny in a way that was just narrowly avoided in the manga itself.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

New chapter:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/142/page/1

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

TBH I don't like this development.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bakaguya: I'm the dumb naive one who ruins everything!

Iceguya: Hold my coffee.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
things are suddenly looking grim for fujiwara

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I really don't like where this is going.

Edit: Is that the first real "How Cute" we've gotten in the manga so far? God drat no wonder Pres is so traumatized by it.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 22, 2019

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Clarste posted:

TBH I don't like this development.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Trust in Iceguya. She'll bring it home, I know she will!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Trust in Iceguya. She'll bring it home, I know she will!

I'm sure she will eventually, but mostly this just serves to undo all their progress until they can have another heartwarming confession scene or whatever. I just wanted to see them together as a dumb couple.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

If this ends with Shirogane going through hell and back to infiltrate the Shinomiya mansion to stop Kaguya's wedding with her arranged fiance from taking place and declaring his love for her (except it's not a wedding at all but a normal family function of some kind and there's no fiance) then this will be all worth it.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lmao icekaguya shaking her arms wanting prez to hold her hand is adorable as gently caress

I'm okay with this so far cause its amusing and cute but i'll have to see how this develops

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I want to see this eventually turn into a (mental) Turnabout Court case by the finale. We already have the Kaguya Courts, and the culprit, Phantom Thief Shirogane. We just need the buildup to someone dramatically pointing at Ice Kaguya and saying 'The real culprit was YOU!'

Heiji
Jun 9, 2007
There is an author extra from the previous volume saying that anything from after the balloon chapter to Christmas is to be taken as comedy, for what it’s worth.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Edit: Is that the first real "How Cute" we've gotten in the manga so far? God drat no wonder Pres is so traumatized by it.

my heart sank when she said that. This chapter was rough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't really blame him for missing those signals. prez was wracking his brain trying to figure out why kaguya was being so mean to him. naturally, he came to a conclusion that kaguya being a complete mess wasn't her fault at all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The most unbelievable thing about the chapter was that someone addicted to coffee would not know how to brew coffee.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

You can get addicted to shittily brewed coffee

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Shirogane couldn't recognize his own singing as being bad enough to engulf the entire world in flames and salt the remaining ground, I imagine he wouldn't be able to recognize how garbage his own coffee is, especially if he's only in it for the caffeine.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
this is really clearly not gonna be a "return to the status quo" arc, kuuguya's still blatantly flirting with shirogane in her own dumb way.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Actually, Shirogane's singing was bad enough to summon yokai and traumatize the news media.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Inflammatory posted:

this is really clearly not gonna be a "return to the status quo" arc, kuuguya's still blatantly flirting with shirogane in her own dumb way.
i think the feeling of 'dang, hasn't shirogane tried hard enough already' is instilling a kind of reader fatigue, though i'm sure this will resolve nicely as aka hasn't really let down his readers yet

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Though we also saw that Shirogane was wussing out towards the end of the balloon arc and Kaguya had to take the initiative there.

Man needs to finish what he started.

There is a reason why Icekaguya is so unsatisfied

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Heiji posted:

There is an author extra from the previous volume saying that anything from after the balloon chapter to Christmas is to be taken as comedy, for what it’s worth.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
It’s a good chapter, Ice Kaguya is trying to get Shirogane to also admit his feelings like she has. She took the first step, and now he’s trying to let her guide everything.

Look how much he’s overthinking the hand holding. Someone get a tree costume in here

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fellis posted:

It’s a good chapter, Ice Kaguya is trying to get Shirogane to also admit his feelings like she has. She took the first step, and now he’s trying to let her guide everything.

Look how much he’s overthinking the hand holding. Someone get a tree costume in here

The upcoming Christmas party is a good opportunity for the wearing of Christmas tree costumes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a tree costume would be overkill, i think. it would make shirogane so skillful, charming and confident that every female character would instantly fall in love with him.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A... tree costume? Am I missing something?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dabir posted:

A... tree costume? Am I missing something?

Memé from Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

boredsatellite posted:

Man needs to finish what he started.

He does but french kissing is way too far of a line to cross and then reverse course this hard afterwards.