Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Gologle posted:

The trailer is the one thing in recent memory that I've seen that has everybody trashing it.

It's not great, and it's an incredible disappointment coming from the first season.

Maybe they're saving all their effort for the big fight scenes that come later? That's as optimistic as I can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
The trailer sucks and it is highly likely that the season will suck

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

It's not great, and it's an incredible disappointment coming from the first season.

Maybe they're saving all their effort for the big fight scenes that come later? That's as optimistic as I can be.

All of the effort is going into all the Fubuki scenes. The anime's gonna like like Kemono Friends season 2 until she's on screen at which point the quality will jump to Redline.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Saitama lazily floating out is the only okay part and that's just it being coincidentally appropriate

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RareAcumen posted:

All of the effort is going into all the Fubuki scenes. The anime's gonna like like Kemono Friends season 2 until she's on screen at which point the quality will jump to Redline.

Well that includes the Genos / Sonic fight, I'm cool with that.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Beasteh posted:

It's poo poo from an rear end mate.

not an emptyquote

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Onepunch-Man - It's poo poo from an rear end mate.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Taikuri posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Onepunch-Man - It's poo poo from an rear end mate.

There's the title for the new anime thread.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How in the heck does the director watch season 1 of One Punch Man then go on to produce what we saw in that trailer? Freaking dreadful. I hope all that was just something they rushed out to show that season 2 existed and not taken from the actual episode.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jimbot posted:

How in the heck does the director watch season 1 of One Punch Man then go on to produce what we saw in that trailer? Freaking dreadful. I hope all that was just something they rushed out to show that season 2 existed and not taken from the actual episode.

Most likely either they don't have as much money as season 1, or they are spending the same amount of money on more humane working conditions.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
because the new director has none of the connections that season 1s did and was pressed to make a twelve episode series with the staff that he had with suddenly less than a two year deadline. season 1 of opm had a very modest budget, but Shingo Natsume knew talented people who came on to help him

If anything season 1 is the weird abberation

e: budget is so rarely an actual reason for anything and people should stop saying it. It more comes down to production planning and talent involved

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
*stands completely still while only my mouth moves for 5 minutes*

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's probably also that they tried to get the same staff as S1, but in this cutthroat world of anime where there's more committees than studios, OPM was low enough in the priority list that things never aligned and the committee decided to look elsewhere in a short amount of time.

Though, the announcement of S2 came September 2016, then it seems like nothing came out until August 2018 with the new director and studio announcement... alongside 0 new footage. Sounds to me like they had solid plans back in 2016 that fell apart in 2017 and took until last year to get things going for what will air next month.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It got one good season, that's better than a lot of good stories.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm still going to give it a shot and maybe it'll surprise but ho boy, that trailer did not inspire any confidence.

At least Mob's show got a second season that far surpassed the first.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

because the new director has none of the connections that season 1s did and was pressed to make a twelve episode series with the staff that he had with suddenly less than a two year deadline. season 1 of opm had a very modest budget, but Shingo Natsume knew talented people who came on to help him

If anything season 1 is the weird abberation

e: budget is so rarely an actual reason for anything and people should stop saying it. It more comes down to production planning and talent involved

I guess what I'm trying to say is: animators should be paid more and sent home on time.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Fortunately season 1 is really self contained so it didn't end on a huge cliffhanger or something. One Punch Man fighting a galactic threat and having a fun fight is a nice bookend to the story

I would have really wanted to see the Garou stuff animated and done with the same studio though. It has a lot of cool moments

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bongo Bill posted:

or they are spending the same amount of money on more humane working conditions.

lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bongo Bill posted:

I guess what I'm trying to say is: animators should be paid more and sent home on time.

don't get my previous post wrong, I agree that really ought to. but working on anime in Japan is an incredibly notoriously exploitative field, and especially considering the turnover rate of the new season, humane working conditions is the last thing I would point to

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

don't get my previous post wrong, I agree that really ought to. but working on anime in Japan is an incredibly notoriously exploitative field, and especially considering the turnover rate of the new season, humane working conditions is the last thing I would point to

right, no, I get what you're saying, it was a confusing way of saying "maybe the first studio was exploiting the animators even harder"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bongo Bill posted:

hell i agree!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

how can you say something so controversial, yet so brave

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
anime aside, new chapter
Puri Puri doing his thing. RIP sweater

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Huzzah! posted:

anime aside, new chapter
Puri Puri doing his thing. RIP sweater

He is the worst and is bad and makes one punch man bad.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
goddamn, puri puri prisoner really is an insulting stereotype with a heart of gold

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Even though I acknowledge the problematic parts of his character, I have to admit I still find it really entertaining when he shows up.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if you ignore the overt overtones of his behaviour he's otherwise quite amusing

so aside from being terrible, he's pretty alright

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Puri Puri is good

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Zzulu posted:

Puri Puri is good

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

where the red fern gropes posted:

if you ignore the overt overtones of his behaviour he's otherwise quite amusing

so aside from being terrible, he's pretty alright

like on its face him talking like all of his powers are part of a magical girl thing and then just using brute force all the time is a solid joke

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If he wasn't a rapist his character would be so much more fun.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

If he wasn't a rapist his character would be so much more fun.

Aren't every one of his rape victims full blown serial killers?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Parrotine posted:

"I rape only bad guys" is still rape.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Parrotine posted:

It's just an excuse to try to make "my only gay character is also a serial rapist" more palatable. Also: rape as a joke is bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The first new 'style' he got made me stop for a little while.

Love you, ONE, but this ain't it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Parrotine posted:

rape victims? they’re clearly all his boyfriends, or else he wouldn’t call them that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Parrotine posted:

so what

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He doesn't have any bodyhair in the last panel so this is absolutely getting redrawn.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

RareAcumen posted:

He doesn't have any bodyhair in the last panel so this is absolutely getting redrawn.

His body hair falls off in the penultimate panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Puri Puri manages to flip flop between awesome and terrible. It's amazing.